#1 petekrum

petekrum

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:52 PM

.....Really!?
NFL Network is running yet another special on this guy this week. They ought to call it A Zero Trying to be a One. The continued fascination with this guy amazes me. HE CAN'T PLAY!!
  • SenatorSpaceman likes this
The boar runs from the tiger.
It is not cowardice. It is love of life.

#2 hard1

hard1

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:11 AM

Ah a classic pick a fight thread.... this is probably best suited for something like the tebow outlook thread...seems like tebow can play football if thats your argument me on the other hand probably get my butt handed to me one time on a hit from James Harrison whos trying to end my career and I'd probably rather hold a clip board.

Edited by hard1, 18 February 2013 - 08:13 AM.

• 2pac likes this

#3 Ribobizert

Ribobizert

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:13 AM

It amazes me the Eagles aren't trying to get Tebow or they're aren't more rumors suggesting he would be a good fit. I believe Tebow is a winner and just a football player. It seems like putting him a read option offense like the eagles would be a great fit, maximizing using his legs and decision making and putting less priority on his arm. If i was the eagles i'd sign/trade for tebow and ransom off Nick foles to Andy reid/chiefs. Past the eagles, i don't see him having much value elsewhere.

#4 petekrum

petekrum

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:32 PM

It amazes me the Eagles aren't trying to get Tebow or they're aren't more rumors suggesting he would be a good fit. I believe Tebow is a winner and just a football player. It seems like putting him a read option offense like the eagles would be a great fit, maximizing using his legs and decision making and putting less priority on his arm. If i was the eagles i'd sign/trade for tebow and ransom off Nick foles to Andy reid/chiefs. Past the eagles, i don't see him having much value elsewhere.

C'mon man. What do Wilson, Kaepernick,and RG3 all have in common? They can throw the ball. Tebow can't,and If you can't throw in the NFL, you can't play. period.

#5 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:38 PM

I KNOW RIGHT!?! I CAN'T BELIEVE NO GM HAS GIVEN HIM ANOTHER CHANCE TO PLAY QB?!? HE'S A WINNER!?! APPARENTLY HIS FANBOYS KNOW MORE THAN EVERY OTHER NFL EXECUTIVE IN CHARGE OF MAKING THESE DECISIONS ?!?

yeah nevermind

#6 megamoviejohn

megamoviejohn

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,290 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:25 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR5uLVM6GRQ

winner

but seriously, I agree that Wilson, Kaepernick,and RG3 are all better than Tebow, I don't see a reason to argue that, but I don't agree that he can't play in the NFL, why? Because he has, and he's won. That can't be argued, its a fact.

Edited by megamoviejohn, 19 February 2013 - 03:27 PM.

Rotoworld Dynasty Football League
12 Teams- .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, RB/WR, TE, Full Flex, D/ST, K
2010, 2012, 2013 Champions
QB: Kaepernick, Rivers, Palmer
RB: Peterson, Charles, McCoy, Lacy, Helu,
WR: J. Jones, Marshall, J. Gordon, DeAndrew Hopkins, Shorts, Bowe, Bailey, Landry
TE: Grownkowski, V. Davis, Ertz
K: Graham
D/ST: New England Patriots, Bears

#7 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:00 PM

I think hes a good player.

I know hes a terrible QB.

#8 petekrum

petekrum

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:05 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR5uLVM6GRQ

winner

but seriously, I agree that Wilson, Kaepernick,and RG3 are all better than Tebow, I don't see a reason to argue that, but I don't agree that he can't play in the NFL, why? Because he has, and he's won. That can't be argued, its a fact.

So did Vince young. What's he up to these days? Tebow caught lightning in a bottle for a few weeks. He is a fluke and a gimmick,nothing more. You cannot win long term in today's NFL if you can't throw the ball. That's a fact.

#9 Ribobizert

Ribobizert

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

C'mon man. What do Wilson, Kaepernick,and RG3 all have in common? They can throw the ball. Tebow can't,and If you can't throw in the NFL, you can't play. period.

"Past the eagles, i don't see him having much value elsewhere." - direct quote from me, so obviously i don't think he's that awesome. Just because I said he's a winner doesn't mean i said he deserves a starting job in the NFL. In fact if anything I implied he should replace Nick Foles, not so much cuz he's way better than Foles but Andy Reid obviously wants Foles over Cassel, so they can trade him for some draft picks. I just think what he does well (running) matches up w/ the eagles new option system and given the healthiness of Vick and an unproven foles, he's not a bad backup plan.

#10 petekrum

petekrum

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:48 PM

Dixon who they've already brought in is a better contingency plan. All the headaches that Tebow brings with him aren't worth what he can bring to a team.

#11 Ribobizert

Ribobizert

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:58 PM

Dixon who they've already brought in is a better contingency plan. All the headaches that Tebow brings with him aren't worth what he can bring to a team.

Fair call, but given dixon's complete lack of NFL experience one could argue that Tebow, a somewhat proven commodity, might be better. though one could also argue Dixon who might have never even thrown a pass in a real NFL game is still a better passer than Tebow, lol.

#12 petekrum

petekrum

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:02 PM

Fair call, but given dixon's complete lack of NFL experience one could argue that Tebow, a somewhat proven commodity, might be better. though one could also argue Dixon who might have never even thrown a pass in a real NFL game is still a better passer than Tebow, lol.

Dixon actually played two games for the Steelers a few years back and threw the ball pretty well. Add the fact he is familiar withwith Kelly's system and you have a pretty good fit.

#13 Ribobizert

Ribobizert

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:24 AM

Dixon actually played two games for the Steelers a few years back and threw the ball pretty well. Add the fact he is familiar withwith Kelly's system and you have a pretty good fit.

TOUCHÉ

#14 pikerbkb

pikerbkb

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:30 PM

Can he kick? Bet he'd be a helluva read option kicker.......

#15 hard1

hard1

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:15 AM

fun with numbers....can you guess which college career completion percentage goes with which Quarterback?

Russ Wilson Colin Kaepernick Tim Tebow and RG3

1) 67.1%
2) 58.2%
3) 66.1%
4) 60.9%

spoiler...1 is Tebow 2 is everyones hero colin kaepernick 3 is your current reigning rookie of the year RG3 and 4 the best of the bunch Russ Wilson....not saying that he is better than those guys because he is not but i am saying that he shouldn't be written off because some coaches don't think he is a good QB....he's proven that he is in college and now what he gets no time to prove he is in the pros because john elway and rex ryan don't like him? i think a qb needy team would be stupid to pass up the opp. to find out....

#16 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:30 AM

fun with numbers....can you guess which college career completion percentage goes with which Quarterback?

1) 67.1%
2) 58.2%
3) 66.1%
4) 60.9%

spoiler...1 is Tebow 2 is everyones hero colin kaepernick 3 is your current reigning rookie of the year RG3 and 4 the best of the bunch Russ Wilson....not saying that he is better than those guys because he is not but i am saying that he shouldn't be written off because some coaches don't think he is a good QB....he's proven that he is in college and now what he gets no time to prove he is in the pros because john elway and rex ryan don't like him? i think a qb needy team would be stupid to pass up the opp. to find out....

that's cute.

now post their NFL completion %. i can't believe people still defend this guy as a QB ... like the entire NFL has launched a conspiracy to keep him from starting in the NFL. he is a horrible QB.

#17 petekrum

petekrum

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:53 AM

1) 67.1%
2) 58.2%
3) 66.1%
4) 60.9%

Seriously,You think it's just Elway and Ryan who don't like him and that's why he can't get a chance? In a league where everyone is looking for QBs he was available last year for nothing and the Jets were the ONLY ones willing to give up a 4th rounder for him. Now this year where again he could be had for a sack of footballs, nobody is interested. Why is that? Could it be that NOBODY thinks he can play? Oh and the "He's proven himself in college."argument doesn't hold water either. Lots of guys have proven themselves in college and it means nothing once they get to the NFL.

#18 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:54 AM

let's not forget the magical broncos run actually ended with a 3 game losing streak [7-4 as a starter, 4 wins by field goals] where the almighty tebow lost 41-23 with a 50% completion rate, lost 40-14 with a 13/29 performance (and 4 turnovers), and put a cherry on top with a 6/22 performance and 2 turnovers.

he hit an open demaryious thomas [who proceeded to stiff arm and blow past the defense by himself] for an epic playoff win that he completed 48% of his passes in.

oh and then there was the next week, where he threw 26 passes and completed 9 of them [with 5 sacks and a fumble] in a 45-10 loss.

he's a winner, the NFL must be conspiring against him.

[now fanboy inserts "you should include his rushing stats bro, that's tebow's game bro"]

he did average 8 yards/carry vs new england ... this is the game they lost 41-23. vs. buffalo/KC he averaged 3 yards a carry and totaled 50 yards in 2 games ... basically, his record was 7-4 with several close wins bailed out by defense/special teams and he was absolutely terrible at the end of the year [but he's a winner bro]. he hit an open WR who proceeded to catch and run to win the game [tebow magic i'm sure] then got destroyed the next week and hasn't started a game sense.

he's a gimmick, a gimmick that has had some of the worst QB performances in the history of the sport. there is a reason NFL teams, including the ones desperate for a starting QB, want nothing to do with him. he is a horrible QB in every aspect of playing the position.

Edited by rraayy3, 24 February 2013 - 12:03 PM.

#19 petekrum

petekrum

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:59 AM

let's not forget the magical broncos run actually ended with a 3 game losing streak [7-4 as a starter, 4 wins by field goals] where the almighty tebow lost 41-23 with a 50% completion rate, lost 40-14 with a 13/29 performance (and 4 turnovers), and put a cherry on top with a 6/22 performance and 2 turnovers.

he hit an open demaryious thomas [who proceeded to stiff arm and blow past the defense by himself] for an epic playoff win that he completed 48% of his passes in.

oh and then there was the next week, where he threw 26 passes and completed 9 of them [with 5 sacks and a fumble] in a 45-10 loss.

he's a winner, the NFL must be conspiring against him.

The continued fascination with this non talent continues to amaze me. I still maintain If he had gone to a school like Louisville where he wouldn't have gotten all the hype he wouldn't even have been drafted.

#20 slaughterrt

slaughterrt

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:01 PM

Here are some more stats for you.

64.3% completion Mark Sanchez
61.9% completion Jamarcus Russell
60.9% completion Blaine Gabbert
62.7% completion and Heisman Troy Smith
64.8% completion and Heisman Matt Leinart

If college completion translates to NFL, then Colt Mccoy's 70+% college completions should have gotten him all the way to the Super Bowl...

College stats mean little in the NFL.
  • ipstaff likes this
10 Team IDP Dynasty League (non ppr)
QB Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson
RB Alfred Morris, Daryl Richardson, Danny Woodhead, Joique Bell
WR James Jones, Antonio Brown, Eric Decker, Percy Harvin, Jordy Nelson, Josh Gordon, Danny Amendola
TE Aaron Hernandez, Kyle Rudolph
LB Daryl Washington, Wesley Woodyard, Mason Foster
DL J.J. Watt, Michael Johnson
DB Harrison Smith, Janoris Jenkins, Tim Jennings
K Blair Walsh

14 Team PPR Dynasty
QB Russell Wilson, Joe Flacco, Tim Tebow
RB LeSean McCoy, Adrian Peterson, Mikel Leshoure, Daryl Richardson, Bilal Powell
WR Randall Cobb, Victor Cruz, Miles Austin, Hakeem Nicks, Rod Streater, Julian Edelman
TE Aaron Hernandez, Dwayne Allen
DL Haloti Ngata, Julius Peppers, Carlos Dunlap, Matt Shaughnessy, CJ Mosley
LB James Laurinaitis, Chase Blackburn, Anthony Spencer, Perry Riley, Jameel Mcclain
DB Casey Hayward, Patrick Peterson, Morgan Burnett, Craig Dahl, Stephon Gilmore, Tavon Wilson
K Justin Tucker, Bal K

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users