Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
- - - - -

DuJuan Harris 2013 Season Outlook

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
53 replies to this topic

#1 keiko

keiko

Just Drafted

• Probationary Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:47 PM

I know it's a long shot but I was real impressed with his game toward the end of the year. Could he start next year as the Packers starter? I know the Packers should draft an RB or sign one....but wouldn't shock me if they don't sign one as this hasn't seem to be a priority through the years. If he is their starter, could easily see RB 2 value in PPR leagues. Long way to go until next year but just tossing it out for discussion. :)

Edited by keiko, 20 February 2013 - 09:48 PM.

Keiko

Interested in:

http://wholesalejerseysdiscount.com/

Email:

wholesalejerseysdiscount@hotmail.com

#2 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:48 PM

Maybe

/thread

#3 keiko

keiko

Just Drafted

• Probationary Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:51 PM

Maybe

/thread

Hope it will be come true :)
Keiko

Interested in:

http://wholesalejerseysdiscount.com/

Email:

wholesalejerseysdiscount@hotmail.com

#4 cbe_88

cbe_88

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:51 PM

Yeah Starks looked good at the end of 2010 too. Harris looked good for sure, but I still believe the lead ball carrier in this offense isn't on this team yet, with the backside chance that they give CedBen one more year.

I find it likely they look somewhere else in the draft or free agency for their starter. If they don't, however, he could be the guy to own.

#5 petekrum

petekrum

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:05 AM

I grabbed and stashed him on both of my dynasty teams just in case.
The boar runs from the tiger.
It is not cowardice. It is love of life.

#6 HashtagHeel

HashtagHeel

Double-A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:35 PM

I see Harris as a long term scatback type. If SJax becomes available, I think the Packers would be the team that becomes the most aggressive to get him.

#7 pikerbkb

pikerbkb

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:05 PM

I see Harris as a long term scatback type. If SJax becomes available, I think the Packers would be the team that becomes the most aggressive to get him.

I think getting Jackson a longshot. Packers don't break bread for their RBs.

Edited by pikerbkb, 21 February 2013 - 11:06 PM.

(12:56) T.Richardson up the middle to 50 for -5 yards (W.Mercilus). :)  :)  :) 

#8 HashtagHeel

HashtagHeel

Double-A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:15 PM

Which is the reason they've been knocked out of the playoffs as early as they have the past two seasons. As a fan, they need to nip that trend in the bud, now.

#9 umphrey

umphrey

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:36 PM

nope, upside is 10 carries and a few receptions per game, but he isn't a lock to make the team even

#10 petekrum

petekrum

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:23 AM

You won't have to break the bank for a 30 year old back with his kind of mileage.

#11 Ribobizert

Ribobizert

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:47 AM

I find it hard to believe that the packers won't take a RB at some point in the draft, especially given how the RB position has become so discounted in the draft in recent years. It was amazing their offense was able to function as well as it did with no resemblance of a run game whatsoever.

#12 pikerbkb

pikerbkb

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:08 PM

Not to get too off-topic, but I would argue that the Packers main deficiencies have to do with line play, especially in the run game. Their run blocking sucks. Alex Green's production might spike up a bit with more time to get his confidence back in his knee and, at the very least, Dujuan Harris looks to be a very good complementary RB. I think they will grab a RB or two in the draft and from the UDFA pool. Steven Jackson will likely command $4-5M per and the Packers are not going to do that. I think they will draft linemen early and look for depth at RB and WR in the mid to late rounds.

Edit: LOL, I just had to add this. I think there is a better chance that the Packers pick up Kevin Smith than Steven Jackson. Now that would be interesting to say the least.

Edited by pikerbkb, 22 February 2013 - 07:12 PM.

#13 Proteus

Proteus

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,682 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:27 PM

It's awful quiet here.

Super cheap and what's the competition?
QB: Ryan Leaf
RB: Lawrence Phillips
RB: Ki-Jana Carter
WR: Charles Rogers
WR: Desmond Howard
TE: David LaFleur
W/R: David Wilson
K: Ray Finkle(Einhorn)
D: Minnie

BN: Andre Ware/Jared Cook/Tony Mandarich/Curtis Enis/Travis Henry/Brian Bosworth/CJ Spiller/Trent Richardson

facebook.com/WhyYouBeasting

#14 petekrum

petekrum

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:56 AM

If they don't draft a back he becomes very interesting.

#15 pikerbkb

pikerbkb

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:01 AM

I think they draft 1-2 in the latter rounds, backs they believe to be hidden gems. I bet they cut some dead wood. Would not be surprised if they cut Green if he doesn't turn some heads in camp, maybe Starks. They do need a bigger back, at the very least to complement Harris, maybe to become they main RB that Green was supposed to be. Whoever it is, it will be a bigger back who can block and catch. I would love to see them get Zac Stacy.or Mike James (Miami). Their skills sets and projected ADP make them viable targets.

#16 J.T. Marlin

J.T. Marlin

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:02 AM

I think they draft 1-2 in the latter rounds, backs they believe to be hidden gems. I bet they cut some dead wood. Would not be surprised if they cut Green if he doesn't turn some heads in camp, maybe Starks. They do need a bigger back, at the very least to complement Harris, maybe to become they main RB that Green was supposed to be. Whoever it is, it will be a bigger back who can block and catch. I would love to see them get Zac Stacy.or Mike James (Miami). Their skills sets and projected ADP make them viable targets.

Green and Starks are terrible. It was like they were running in quicksand on most plays - no burst whatsoever. Both should be cut. DHarris is a nice change of pace/part-time RB, not much else.

Montee Ball would be a great fit on this team. There's no doubt that GB has done some scouting on this guy over the years while he was playing at UW. Ball's not the fastest RB but he's got great vision & instinct and knows how to hit the hole hard for positive yardage and some big plays. He's going to be a really good pro and could have a great 2013 on a team like GB (or PIT for that matter).

#17 DocJ

DocJ

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:31 PM

Sounding like RBBC in GB again this year. Maybe Harris will end up with the most touches, if they don't draft anyone decent he probably will. Hoping he's the clear cut 3rd down RB, that may make him useful in ppr leagues as a flex in that offense.

2014 RW Mock Real League: 14-team, 0.5 PPR, All TDs 6 pts
***Follow along this season in the "Your League" forum on RW***
Record: 2-4

QB: Nick Foles (8.09)
RB1: Frank Gore (5.06)
RB2: Lamar Miller
WR1: Julio Jones (2.09)
WR2: Roddy White
W/R/T: Keenan Allen (3.06)
W/R/T: Golden Tate (7.06)
TE: Heath Miller (10.09)
DEF: DET DST
K: Robbie Gould
Bench: Calvin Johnson (1.06), Carlos Hyde, Harry Douglas (11.06), KaDeem Carey (14.09), Big Ben, Carson Palmer, James White (12.09), Eli Manning (13.06), CLE DST (15.06), Danny Woodhead (6.09), Steven Hauschka, K, SEA (16.09)

#18 FFninja

FFninja

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:45 AM

I think there is a 1-2% chance that Harris is the week 1 starter. They will sign a FA and/or draft someone. With Pit signing Sanders and Redman, I don't think they'll have the cap space for Bradshaw, so he could possibly be a cheap addition to the Packers.

#19 FFG

FFG

Single-A

• Probationary Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:49 AM

The pack should swing a trade for Ben Tate...he would look nice in that offense.
@ghostxray on twitter

#20 RotoRaysfan

RotoRaysfan

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,836 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:56 AM

If the Pack drafts a RB in Rounds 2-4, you can pretty much label them as the guy to beat (no RB is worth taking Round 2, but there is a lot of depth, with about 6-7 RB's who are likely able to be the main guy, and 3-4 who can be the 3-down back - just not the same upside as in the past, and the position is so clearly devalued).

I'd be shocked if the Pack didn't get a RB by Round 4.

Football PPR 2014 - Cutler, L. Bell, R. Jennings, Dez, Marshall, V-Jax, Justin Hunter, Quick, Rudolph, HOU DST. D-Thomas fan club member.
Dynasty 2014 - Romo, E. Lacy, Gore, T. Gerhart, C-Michael, J. McKinnon, D-Train, K. Allen, R. White, M. Evans, D. Adams, B. Quick, J. Graham, L. Green, HOU DST.

Been a blast everyone - take care, and remember to abide by the CoC, and to help your fellow community out - it's what's made the Forum community great!

P.S. My passion is primarily FBB - you'd LOL at my football track record!