1860 replies to this topic

#1 Rob_P

Rob_P

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:03 PM

Didn't know a ton about him before the championship game but be looked like a total beast. If he ends up in Pittsburgh, Green Bay or Atlanta I could easily see him being a top 10-15 RB next year. His measurables may not be elite but be seems to have great power and quick feet. Plus I would assume he will get all goal line carries. Very curious on where he ends up being drafted as I see him being a factor next year on the right team. What are others thoughts/projections for him?

#2 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:33 PM

Trent Richardson-lite

Not as good as Trent but ending up in a better offense could definitely make him a fantasy stud

#3 petekrum

petekrum

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:51 PM

Love him if he goes to the right situation.
The boar runs from the tiger.
It is not cowardice. It is love of life.

#4 Rob_P

Rob_P

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:58 PM

Agreed that his measurables won't be as strong as Richardsons but he has plenty of talent to blow up if he is in the right situation. All the mocks I have seen have him going to Pittsburgh, Green Bay or Atlanta. Seems like he shoukd be the lead back at all three locations so would be thrilled to own him in those situations. Anyone seeing any other possibilities for a landing spot?

#5 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:19 PM

I could see him going to Pitt at the earliest ... otherwise he'll probably slide to Indy/GB range

I have a feeling he's gonna be on a lot of my teams regardless of where he ends up

#6 cbe_88

cbe_88

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:45 AM

Yeah I was wondering if GB will take this guy at the end of the first. I could see it, a way to solve their RB woes and let him shoulder the load. It's a guy they can have for years.

I'm all over Lacy if he goes to GB.

#7 pikerbkb

pikerbkb

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:16 AM

ATL will trade up.

(12:56) T.Richardson up the middle to 50 for -5 yards (W.Mercilus). :)  :)  :) 

#8 petekrum

petekrum

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:41 AM

Yeah I was wondering if GB will take this guy at the end of the first. I could see it, a way to solve their RB woes and let him shoulder the load. It's a guy they can have for years.

Everything I've heard has has GB addressing defense early.

#9 petekrum

petekrum

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:44 AM

With all the picks the Rams got last year in the Washington deal I could see them trading up into the late first to grab him.

#10 Rob_P

Rob_P

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:26 AM

Hope the Rams don't take him...could be worst case scenario for his fantasy value especially if they resign SJAX. If I had my choice I would love to see him in Green Bay. In that offense he could be an instant stud.

Edited by Rob_P, 23 February 2013 - 07:26 AM.

#11 predator_05

predator_05

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,068 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:41 AM

Everything I've heard has has GB addressing defense early.

GB also needs some backup at OT. Rodgers was getting mauled every week. No chance of them drafting lacy when there are so many other needs.

Pittsburgh or Atlanta.
"I've eaten burritos bigger than you."

- JJ Watt to Ray Rice (10/23/2012)

#12 Rob_P

Rob_P

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:09 AM

You are probably right on GB but wouldn't shock me if they took him. Another way to protect your QB is to have a running game you can lean on....3rd and 3 makes your QB much safer then 3rd and 9. But I agree, Pittsburgh and Atlanta seem likely. Could see Cinncinati also drafting him but that would not be my wish.

#13 petekrum

petekrum

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:38 AM

Atlanta is pretty much out unless they trade up for another first rounder. They will be addressing their defense,most notably their pass rush. A lot more likely they grab a guy like Ball to be a compliment to Rogers.

#14 predator_05

predator_05

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,068 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:59 AM

Lacy would be a workhorse at Pittsburgh. Great spot. Anywhere else, not so much.
"I've eaten burritos bigger than you."

- JJ Watt to Ray Rice (10/23/2012)

#15 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:11 AM

for those that don't know

not gonna pretend to be an alabama fan ... but I do follow the SEC and every time i watched him i thought he was a bit quicker than Richardson - but not quite the power. measurables probably won't show it ... but I like everything about Lacy's game. Wouldn't mind the Giants grabbing him at 19, even with Wilson [currently the only RB that is healthy and signed for next year].

Lacy/Wilson ... fantasy nightmare ... Giants fan's dream

#16 petekrum

petekrum

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:39 AM

Again from what I hear the Giants plan to address defense early and often.

#17 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:53 AM

i expect them to go OL/DL in the first round and wouldn't be shocked if they add another pass rusher, but with the lack of stud QB/WR this year there could be a big run on lineman which wouldn't leave many top guys at those positions on the board, forcing them to look elsewhere.

The Giants often fill immediate needs with under the radar free agent signings [Bennet last year] and then draft "best player available". there's a distinct possibility that Lacy is the best player available if Pitt passes on him.
The Giants current RBs on the roster include David Wilson, Kregg Lumpkin, and Ryan Torain. Bradshaw has been released and Andre Brown is a restricted free agent coming off [another] season-ending injury. If anything, RB is a bigger need then it was even last year.

I think they re-sign Brown and grab a RB in the midrounds [I didn't think they'd take a rb in the 1st round last year either], but I wouldn't be surprised if Lacy is the pick depending on how the draft falls [specifically OL/DL]. The Giants current depth chart at RB is laughable and I can pretty much guarantee they add at least 1 RB in the off-season. most likely the draft rather than free agency.

Lacy + Wilson would be (potentially) 1 of the best tandems in the league. They compliment each other perfectly. I'm not advocating Lacy as a knock on Wilson - I think he's going to be a star - just don't think people realize how barren the Giants are at RB behind him and Lacy could very well be the "best player available" if there is a big run on offensive tackles and pass rushers.

The Steelers have an even bigger need at RB as they have average power backs and no one close to Wilson's potential on the roster ... so this could all be moot. Pitt makes a lot more sense and he fills a huge need for them. This 17-20 range is where I expect Lacy to go ... whether that's the Steelers/Giants or some team trading up.

Edited by rraayy3, 23 February 2013 - 12:02 PM.

#18 megamoviejohn

megamoviejohn

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,318 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:15 PM

His spin move and the ability to get those extra yards before going down are great. Being behind Trent Richardson for a while and then being injured with turf toe for over a whole season made me unsure of how good he actually was; then the 2012 season happened. Would love to see him go to Pitt, Falcons, or GB as some of you stated.
Rotoworld Dynasty Football League
12 Teams- .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, RB/WR, TE, Full Flex, D/ST, K
2010, 2012, 2013 Champions
QB: Kaepernick, Rivers, Palmer
RB: Peterson, Charles, McCoy, Lacy, Helu,
WR: J. Jones, Marshall, J. Gordon, DeAndrew Hopkins, Shorts, Bowe, Bailey, Landry
TE: Grownkowski, V. Davis, Ertz
K: Graham
D/ST: New England Patriots, Bears

#19 HashtagHeel

HashtagHeel

Double-A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:30 PM

I think Atlanta is where he is going to ultimately wind up. That'd be the ultimate thunder/lightning combo in Lacy/Quizz. I wouldn't mind him going to Green Bay either!

#20 petekrum

petekrum

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:53 AM

I think Atlanta is where he is going to ultimately wind up. That'd be the ultimate thunder/lightning combo in Lacy/Quizz. I wouldn't mind him going to Green Bay either!

Atlanta is drafting a pass rusher in the first round.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users