316 replies to this topic

#1 slaughterrt

slaughterrt

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:18 AM

With Shonne Greene set to be a FA, what are we expecting for Powel? Now obviously, it will be better for Powell if Greene leaves (looks like a strong chance that Greene goes bye bye). If Greene returns then I imagine it will be more of the same for Powell. However if Greene leaves, does Powell get a crack at starting next year? Or do the Jets draft or sign a FA RB?

Powell worth keeping in dynasty league?
10 Team IDP Dynasty League (non ppr)
QB Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson
RB Alfred Morris, Daryl Richardson, Danny Woodhead, Joique Bell
WR James Jones, Antonio Brown, Eric Decker, Percy Harvin, Jordy Nelson, Josh Gordon, Danny Amendola
TE Aaron Hernandez, Kyle Rudolph
LB Daryl Washington, Wesley Woodyard, Mason Foster
DL J.J. Watt, Michael Johnson
DB Harrison Smith, Janoris Jenkins, Tim Jennings
K Blair Walsh

14 Team PPR Dynasty
QB Russell Wilson, Joe Flacco, Tim Tebow
RB LeSean McCoy, Adrian Peterson, Mikel Leshoure, Daryl Richardson, Bilal Powell
WR Randall Cobb, Victor Cruz, Miles Austin, Hakeem Nicks, Rod Streater, Julian Edelman
TE Aaron Hernandez, Dwayne Allen
DL Haloti Ngata, Julius Peppers, Carlos Dunlap, Matt Shaughnessy, CJ Mosley
LB James Laurinaitis, Chase Blackburn, Anthony Spencer, Perry Riley, Jameel Mcclain
DB Casey Hayward, Patrick Peterson, Morgan Burnett, Craig Dahl, Stephon Gilmore, Tavon Wilson
K Justin Tucker, Bal K

#2 petekrum

petekrum

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:11 PM

I think he is worth holding on to , but I don't think he is anything special. If he was he would have already unseated Greene who is mediocre at best.
The boar runs from the tiger.
It is not cowardice. It is love of life.

#3 Wardog

Wardog

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:55 PM

He's definitely worth holding onto in a dynasty league. Him being a possible starter is the best-case scenario and the reason you held onto him in the first place. Greene held onto his job so long because Ryan is loyal to his veterans to a fault. That being said, I see Powell's ability as being roughly equal to Green-Ellis, which definitely isn't bad. He strikes me as someone who could be a career overachiever due to determination and hard work. I think patient owners could be rewarded with a decent flex option in a pinch.

#4 cbe_88

cbe_88

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:13 PM

My hunch is that they draft someone or sign someone to compete for the starting role. I'm not wow'ed by Powell, and with all the cleaning house for gang green I think the starting RB for the jets probably isn't yet on this team.

#5 DocJ

DocJ

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:59 AM

I see him as a slightly better Greene who can be a decent receiver out of the backfield but yes, his value will be heavily dependent on what competition for carries he has. I don't know how the Jets could go after a decent FA so that competition will probably be found through the draft.

2014 RW Mock Real League: 14-team, 0.5 PPR, All TDs 6 pts
***Follow along this season in the "Your League" forum on RW***
Record: 3-4

QB: Nick Foles (8.09)
RB1: Frank Gore (5.06)
RB2: Lamar Miller
WR1: Julio Jones (2.09)
WR2: Roddy White
W/R/T: Keenan Allen (3.06)
W/R/T: Golden Tate (7.06)
TE: Heath Miller (10.09)
DEF: DET DST
K: Robbie Gould
Bench: Calvin Johnson (1.06), Carlos Hyde, Harry Douglas (11.06), KaDeem Carey (14.09), Big Ben, Carson Palmer, James White (12.09), Eli Manning (13.06), CLE DST (15.06), Danny Woodhead (6.09), Steven Hauschka, K, SEA (16.09)

#6 Big Tuna

Big Tuna

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:07 PM

should be Powell, McKnight and a rookie battling for the job...I think Powell takes it for 2013 anyway and is a nice cheap #3RB.

#7 Ryan81

Ryan81

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,971 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:29 PM

I wouldn't get my hopes up about Powell. Don't be surprised if Ahmad Bradshaw stays in New York and takes over this job.

"Sometimes you get the bear; sometimes the bear gets you." -Clay Othic

RotoWorld Mock Real League - 14 team, .5 PPR, 6 point passing TDs(4-4, 6th place)
QB: Philip Rivers
RB1: Ahmad Bradshaw
RB2: Reggie Bush
WR1: Dez Bryant
WR2: Jordy Nelson
W/R/T: Alshon Jeffery
W/R/T: Mohammed Sanu
TE: Jason Witten
DST: Streaming
Bench: Jeremy Hill, Pierre Thomas, Antone Smith, Travaris Cadet, James Starks, Boobie Dixon

#8 dirtywhiteboy

dirtywhiteboy

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:24 AM

He is the #1 and should be.

Bilal getting absolutely no love from RW.

Come on guys, besides the fact it is the JETS I would like to hear your thoughts on Bilal.

I am feeling a strong year for him if Rex dont screw it up.

#9 RonPaulRonPaulRonPaul

RonPaulRonPaulRonPaul

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:03 AM

He is the #1 and should be.

Bilal getting absolutely no love from RW.

Come on guys, besides the fact it is the JETS I would like to hear your thoughts on Bilal.

He's not the #1 and he won't be without a very serious injury to Ivory. He still has value, however, being one very injury prone back away from starting. Also, I wouldn't be too surprised he still gets about 5-10 carries per game with some catches intermixed. Definitely worth taking in handcuff territory.
12-Team PPR
3-0 w/ #1 Waiver Wire

QB: Cam Newton
RB: Jamaal Charles
RB: Reggie Bush
WR: Danny Amendola
WR: Jordy Nelson
TE: Jimmy Graham
Flex: Pierre Garcon
K: Dan Bailey
DEF: New England Patriots (or streaming)
Bench: Tony Romo, Gio Bernard, Josh Gordon, Anquan Boldin, Joique Bell, Kenbrell Thompkins, Defense of the Week

#10 Iron-cock

Iron-cock

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:25 AM

The Jets reworked their offensive line in the offseason a bit, and they may be better at run blocking this season. Also if they start Geno Smith, that should be a good thing for the offense in general compared to recent years. I think Ivory will start at RB, with Goodson or Powell being the 3rd down back. Powell's prospects are aided by Goodson's legal trouble.

The problem with the Jets running game for fantasy purposes will be that Ivory is injury prone. So Powell will probably be a nice waiver wire addition somewhere in the midseason. Powell might even end up an every down back if Ivory is injured and Goodson is in jail. Powell certainly should be on a fantasy player's radar, but I wouldn't draft him even as a flier if my draft were today.

Also, I question what the coaching staff thinks of Powell since the organization felt the need to trade a much needed draft pick for Chris Ivory.

#11 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,383 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:45 AM

I wouldn't be all that confident in Bilal Powell making a significant impact, even with Ivory's injury issues.

He's clearly the #2 behind Ivory right now (McKnight is reliably terrible, Goodson isn't even with the team), but it would not surprise me in the least if the much more talented Chad Spann passes him for that role by the end of preseason. Since being signed, Chad Spann has caught the attention of Rex himself, with Rex calling him "that MJD guy". Geno Smith has also stated after the Jets scrimmage the other day that Chad Spann "has really opened some eyes."

Chad Spann is likely to get a lot of run during preseason because the Jets have nothing to lose by giving him touches to see if they have something better than they've trotted out in the past. The fact that Geno Smith is likely to be the starting QB for the Jets if all goes well, is what interests me more in regards to the quote about Spann. Last year, there was something similar said by RGIII in regards to Alfred Morris, when we didn't know which RB was going to win that camp battle.

I'm definitely not saying Chad Spann is Alfred Morris. I'm just saying, when we're reading tea leaves, having the likely starting QB praise you probably has some weight to it.

Edited by Robrain, 06 August 2013 - 09:46 AM.

2014 Rotoworld Mock Draft Real League - 14-Team 0.5 PPR + ALL TDs = 6PTs:

_____STARTING LINEUP_______________.............._____BENCH_______________________
QB : Matthew Stafford.......(03.13)............. WR - Malcom Floyd.........(14.14)
RB1: Montee Ball............(01.13)............. WR - John Brown...........(UD.FA)
RB2: Arian Foster...........(01.11)............. WR - Cody Latimer.........(13.09)
WR1: Brian Quick............(14.08)............. RB - Toby Gerhart.........(02.02)
WR2: Allen Hurns............(UD.FA)............. RB - Bernard Pierce.......(07.14)
TE : Kyle Rudolph...........(06.02)............. RB - Latavius Murray......(13.12)
FLEX1: Justin Forsett.......(UD.FA)............. RB - Devonta Freeman......(09.01)
FLEX2: Steven Jackson.......(04.02)............. RB - CJ Anderson..........(09.11)

#12 SenatorSpaceman

SenatorSpaceman

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:54 PM

9 carries for 14 yards close to halftime (idk if he's done or not...nobody else has carried the ball for the Jets). His long run is 11 yards. Putting on my math professor hat, that means that his other 8 carries went for 3 yards total. Is anyone watching this game? Does he look as terrible as his statline does?

#13 funkybudda

funkybudda

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:17 AM

took him in a very late round because there are not much left, I hope he's better than what's projected so far...
Team 1: 12 Teams 0.5pt PPR (4-3)
QB: Russel Wilson
WR: Randall Cobb, Deandre Hopkins, Reggie Wayne,Reuben Randall, Percey Harvin, Justin Hunter
RB: Marshawn Lynch, Mark Ingram, Bryce Brown, Travaris Cadet
TE: Jordan Cameron, Kyle Rudolph
K: Brandon McManus
DEF: Lions Ravens

Team 2: 12 Teams 1.0pt PPR (7-0)
QB: Andrew Luck
WR: Jordy Nelson, Eric Decker, Kelvin Benjamin, Terrance Williams, Allen Robinson, Branden Lafell
RB: DeMarco Murray, Shane Vereen, Jeremy Hill, Travaris Cadet, Charles Simms
TE: Rob Gronkowski,
K: Steve Hauschska
DEF: Broncos

#14 bigbluecrew56

bigbluecrew56

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,727 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:36 AM

took him in a very late round because there are not much left, I hope he's better than what's projected so far...

You got a starting back with a next to last pick most likely. He is also there main cog in there wild cat formation at the goal line. The Ivory hype is going to hurt owners who drafted him early.

#15 hard1

hard1

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,126 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:40 AM

You got a starting back with a next to last pick most likely. He is also there main cog in there wild cat formation at the goal line. The Ivory hype is going to hurt owners who drafted him early.

please send me some of whatever you are having....the jets don't like this guy if McKnight or spann showed anything and ivory hadn't been dealing with a hammy and goodson had his head on straight from the start I am guessing this guy gets cut....there was a reason the jets went out and got ivory and goodson and it wasn't to be this guys back up...

Edited by hard1, 31 August 2013 - 08:41 AM.

#16 bigbluecrew56

bigbluecrew56

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,727 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:49 AM

please send me some of whatever you are having....the jets don't like this guy if McKnight or spann showed anything and ivory hadn't been dealing with a hammy and goodson had his head on straight from the start I am guessing this guy gets cut....there was a reason the jets went out and got ivory and goodson and it wasn't to be this guys back up...

Well he is listed at the top of the depth chart and he did have a fairly productive preseason considering no defense is respecting the pass.

#17 CanaBuc

CanaBuc

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:50 AM

would you drop Andre Brown for him?
Who has more value? Aguy hurt who will miss 4-6 games and then be in a time share on a good offense or one who is healthy and will notlikely see many goal line touches in a very bad offense but is available all year.
Either way we are talking RB5

Team 1 PPR (4points passing TD 6 point other)

QB- Wilson, Kaepernick

RB- Bell, FJax, Miller, Ingram, Helu 

WR- Calvin, Alshon, T.Y., Robinson, Greg Jennings

TE- Donnell, Cameron

K-Parkey

DST- Chargers, Browns

Team 2 STD (6 points all TD)

QB- Ryan

RB- Lacy, Jennings, Ball, FJax, Cunningham

WR- Cobb, White, Michael Floyd, Cooks, Hunter, Randle

TE- Kelce, Ertz

DST- Broncos

K- Catanzaro

#18 bigbluecrew56

bigbluecrew56

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,727 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:50 AM

Guess who is leading the competition out of all those backs?

#19 Larderland

Larderland

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:51 AM

Ivory is the starter
14man ppr league

QB Brady
RB1 MCCOY
RB2 SpRoles
WR1 MARSHALL
WR2 Gordon
TE Bennett
FLEX Blackmon
K Miami
D

BENCH stacy, Mcgahee, Wilson, Bradford ,Miles Austin, Harvin

#20 bigbluecrew56

bigbluecrew56

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,727 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:52 AM

Ivory is the starter

Please provide link or current depth chart showing that please.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users