Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
* * * - - 1 votes

Domonic Brown 2013 Outlook

This topic is in the process of being archived.
582 replies to this topic

#1 klove42

klove42

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,751 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:01 PM

So far he has started spring off nicely, and has gotten some nice encouragement from his team mates. He also hit this bomb today http://www.cbssports...all-to-the-moon. I think he gets the start in RF to begin the year
No Days Off

#2 Nick Mitchell

Nick Mitchell

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • Interests:ima fantac guru

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:12 PM

He's been a quiet name on my radar, an end-game pick... someone I can hopefully net for a dollar or so without anyone getting wise to it. Problem is it'll be widely publicized and old news that he is starting come time of my draft at this point/rate...

This does make for an interesting scenario... now both Ruif and Brown can start the year in the majors Or the other guy competing for the job, but it's really a 2-man race for 2 spots. Both players should be motivated to play as hard as they can until Delmon is healthy, should they make the team. This does do something for Ruif's value too.... if anything I mean, it will drive him to play harder as he is going to face demotion (or Brown will, barring some trade that has yet to happen) once Young is activated. But who knows how long that will be... and I don't know his contract details save for the funky weight clause
let your members encourage my suicide. besides, I kinda wanna _

#3 uspsjeter2

uspsjeter2

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:30 PM

I fail to grasp the draw with this guy, he's been miserable to date. What am I missing?
"A Humble Man of Grace and Dignity. A Captain Who Led by Example. Proud of the Pinstripes Tradition and Dedicated to the Pursuit of Excellence. A Yankee Forever."  Don Mattingly's plaque in Monument Park

#4 And Won

And Won

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,584 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:38 PM

He's back to his slower bat speed swing where he Ks alot. This is pretty much his last shot in Philly.

He basically can't play any position in the field either, so he better learn to hit soon.

Edited by And Won, 26 February 2013 - 10:39 PM.

#5 klove42

klove42

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,751 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:59 AM

brown is still only 25 so he can still break out. I'm not saying he will this year but if he is given that starting job while young is still hurt, if he plays well he probably won't give it back
No Days Off

#6 South Jersey Bombers

South Jersey Bombers

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts
  • Interests:trying to take over the world

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:24 AM

Dom has been great this spring, it seems as if the pressure is off him, he isnt looked to as the "pat the bat or werth replacement". The team has so many question marks Dom has flew under the radar. I really expect him to do big things this year, who knows maybe this is the year we have all been waiting for. In a 12 team mixed league i dont see why he shouldnt be drafted and possibly see some utill or 4/5th OF playing time on a roster. Chase and Ryan are back and that alone is going to help Dom and how he handles this oppertunity.
Macann , Abreu , Altuve , Alverez , Tulo
Cespedes , Crisp , Granderson , Adams
Headley , Eaton , Lowrie , Castro
Darvish , Strasburg , Kazmir , Ventura , Quintana , Odorizzi , Lynn, Martinez , Cashner , Lirano
Holland , Mejia , Beniot

#7 Floor Pie

Floor Pie

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:49 PM

It's all about playing time.

If, at the time of your draft, reliable reports are out there that he won a full time gig, his minor league track record more than justifies a late draft flier. If I have the cash to spare I might even bid as high as $5 at auction.

If it looks like he's platooning, ignore him.

The fact that Ben Revere - who has a very small sample size of success at the major league level - is considered the only lock to play full time says something about the quality of Dom's competition. It's hard for me to see anyone being guaranteed regular OF starts if they don't produce early and often.

#8 Big Tuna

Big Tuna

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:52 PM

having a great Spring....assuming he wins the job anyone else buying?

#9 Thespis721

Thespis721

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,335 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:09 PM

I might be interested but mostly because in my league I can get him for 4 years and his value is at his lowest for auctions.
C: McCann
1B: Victor Martinez
2B: Dustin Ackley
3B: Kyle Seager
SS: Alexei Ramirez
CI: Anthony Rendon
MI: Jed Lowrie
OF: Justin Upton, Matt Kemp, Alex Gordon, De Aza
UT: Chase Headley
DL: Fowler, Lind
SP: Scherzer, Kazmir, Alex Wood, Lincecum, Gallardo

#10 And Won

And Won

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,584 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:24 PM

His name is spelled Domonic btw not Dominic.

#11 uspsjeter2

uspsjeter2

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:29 PM

Classic post-hype sleeper. Definitely one for the gamblers, he's shown nothing so far in his MLB time to indicate he even deserves a roster spot, much less a starting job. But this spring, as they all do, gives rise to new hope, no??
I'm still on the believe it when I see it train.
"A Humble Man of Grace and Dignity. A Captain Who Led by Example. Proud of the Pinstripes Tradition and Dedicated to the Pursuit of Excellence. A Yankee Forever."  Don Mattingly's plaque in Monument Park

#12 Floor Pie

Floor Pie

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:56 PM

I don't take spring stats seriously but the ridiculous triple slash he's posting is supported by his 2010 and 2011 minor league seasons . . .tried to do a google news search about whether he passes the "eyeball test" and looks like a real hitter but can't say I found anything of substance

#13 Professor Turgeson

Professor Turgeson

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:42 AM

He's shortened his swing considerably. He starts with his hands lower and has a more direct path to the ball. I haven't seen many doubles or HRs lately, however. All singles.

#14 And Won

And Won

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,584 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:06 AM

He's shortened his swing considerably. He starts with his hands lower and has a more direct path to the ball. I haven't seen many doubles or HRs lately, however. All singles.

In an interview last week he said he is using a looser grip. He's working with a new batting coach and he just got locked in really quickly this ST.

Phils are having a good ST but Dom Brown is still being called the bright spot by everyone. I'll give him another try, but he's a UTIL2 or OF4 for me.

EDIT: Here is a link to compare all the changes with his swing/stance over the years: http://crashburnalle...-domonic-brown/

Edited by And Won, 11 March 2013 - 09:06 AM.

#15 Matthias

Matthias

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:51 AM

I fail to grasp the draw with this guy, he's been miserable to date. What am I missing?

Enormous potential as a prospect. Sometimes that never translates (Brandon Wood) sometimes that shows up after a few years of looking gone (Alex Gordon).

#16 And Won

And Won

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,584 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:57 AM

Tools finally learning how to play baseball. That's the draw.

#17 klove42

klove42

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,751 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:40 PM

Dude hit another homer today off Medlen. He is killing it this spring.
No Days Off

#18 Z06vette

Z06vette

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,252 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:48 PM

Was watching the game today, supposedly all he did was drop his hands, think he got from Michael Young. I think Brown has really good season, and hopefully on my team :)
"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." - Jimi Hendrix

"A pessimist sees only the dark side of the clouds, and mopes; a philosopher sees both sides, and shrugs; an optimist doesn’t see the clouds at all – he’s walking on them. " - Leonard Louis Levinson

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” - John Lennon

#19 squidthunder

squidthunder

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,063 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:40 PM

Another bomb today
10 Team ESPN (0.5 PPR) - 4 keepers

QB - Luck
RB - Forte
RB - Ingram
WR - Megatron
WR - Dez
FLEX - Cooks
TE - Ertz
OP - Cutler
K - Bailey
D - TB

bench - Rice, Flacco, Rudolph, Hunter, Josh Gordon, Pierce

#20 klove42

klove42

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,751 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:45 PM

Another bomb today

Wow. Best story of the spring so far. I feel like the hype is still low on him especially judging by this page.
No Days Off