Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

- - - - -

Cory Luebke 2013 Outlook

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 octapuss

octapuss

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:08 AM

Luebke is due back around mid season. There was high hopes for this guy last year before the injury. I'm still holding on to hope he can be successful this year. Whats your take?
16 Team Dynasty League /  Weekly Head 2 Head / 14 by 14 Roto

C-   Lucroy
1B - Gonzalez, Napoli, Adams
2B - Altuve
3B - Longoria
SS - Reyes, Owings
LF - Gordon
CF - Jennings, Martin
RF - Markikis

DL -

SP - Cobb, A. Sanchez, Salazar, Niese, Fister, Wheeler, Kennedy
RP - Street, Perkins, Wilson

Batting - 1B, 2B, 3B, HR, BB, R, RBI, SB, HBP, IBB,   / (negative points)  K, GIDP, CS, E
Pitching - IP, W, SV, K, HD, CG, SO / (negative points) BB, HB, ER, L, BS, H, WP

#2 Professor Turgeson

Professor Turgeson

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:13 AM

I like him.  I'm just worried that he will not be effective until 2014.  Control is a major part of his game.  That's the last aspect of pitching to come back after TJ surgery.  More of a keeper/dynasty stash IMO.  .

#3 uspsjeter2

uspsjeter2

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:14 AM

Seems to me you have to write off this year. Any pitching he does has to be taken in the context of just being a moral victory in simply being on the mound. I hate it because he has shown real promise, I was all over this guy last year. But the good news is TJS guys tend to come back even better, and it makes him a sleeper again in 2014 because folks will probably forget about him or read into his late 2013 stats as his celing instead of his rehab-driven floor.
"A Humble Man of Grace and Dignity. A Captain Who Led by Example. Proud of the Pinstripes Tradition and Dedicated to the Pursuit of Excellence. A Yankee Forever."  Don Mattingly's plaque in Monument Park

#4 klove42

klove42

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,400 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:15 PM

2014 is the year I will be targeting him. I have had this kid on my team the past two years, and I think he has a lot of talent, but unless the Padres are still in contention in June I don't think they rush him back. They could take their time with him and I don't realy know if I want to draft him if he doesn't really play till mid July
No Days Off

#5 FISH ON

FISH ON

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:39 PM

In Keeper/dynasty leagues with multiple DL slots, he's a good stash.  Redrafts, not interested until I see rehab results. He's going to be 28 next week, so he's not a young chicken anymore, but if he can fully recover, he has upside. Nice K rate with decent control, and pitching in the NL west helps, 3 of 5 are pitchers parks.
It'll be interesting to see if 2011 was for real, he never showed a  K rate  over 7 per prior. I'm not expecting SP1 -2 numbers in 2014, but as a #2-3, to compliment the young guns, I'll be happy. Will be monitoring his rehab closely.
“There is nothing better than getting shot at and missed. It’s really great.”   Gen "Mad Dog" Mattis

“The most important six inches on the battlefield is between your ears.” Gen "Mad Dog Mattis

“There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim.” Gen "Mad Dog" Mattis

"You must first realize the prison of your mind.......before you can escape it".   author unknown

My comments and assessments are meant for long term keeper and dynasty leagues, not for redrafts

#6 octapuss

octapuss

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:51 PM

I am thinking of stashing him in my dynasty league, but i was hoping he could be productive this year. August or September? Are the Padres going to bring him back at all this season?
16 Team Dynasty League /  Weekly Head 2 Head / 14 by 14 Roto

C-   Lucroy
1B - Gonzalez, Napoli, Adams
2B - Altuve
3B - Longoria
SS - Reyes, Owings
LF - Gordon
CF - Jennings, Martin
RF - Markikis

DL -

SP - Cobb, A. Sanchez, Salazar, Niese, Fister, Wheeler, Kennedy
RP - Street, Perkins, Wilson

Batting - 1B, 2B, 3B, HR, BB, R, RBI, SB, HBP, IBB,   / (negative points)  K, GIDP, CS, E
Pitching - IP, W, SV, K, HD, CG, SO / (negative points) BB, HB, ER, L, BS, H, WP

#7 Professor Turgeson

Professor Turgeson

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:16 PM

Over/Under is the All Star Break IMO.

#8 uspsjeter2

uspsjeter2

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:19 PM

I'm sure they'll want him to pitch some if he's ready and right now there's no news I'm aware of regarding setbacks. But I think it's unwise to expect him to be productive this year. You can look at other returns from TJS for support, but I feel comfortable saying, like any good Cubs fan would, "Wait 'til next year.".

Edited by uspsjeter2, 27 February 2013 - 01:19 PM.

"A Humble Man of Grace and Dignity. A Captain Who Led by Example. Proud of the Pinstripes Tradition and Dedicated to the Pursuit of Excellence. A Yankee Forever."  Don Mattingly's plaque in Monument Park

#9 Travis Burten

Travis Burten

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:27 PM

I think he'll post solid numbers this year....something like a 3.75-1.25 with a decent K-rate.....2014, if he fully recovers and everything goes according to plan, he could put up 3.30-1.10 with like 8-9 K/9. Make no mistake, he is a great pitcher. I think top 25 this year if he was healthy going into 2013.

#10 uspsjeter2

uspsjeter2

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:33 PM

I certainly admire your enthusiasm for Mr. Luebke, Travis Burten, but I'd be interested to see you present some evidence that gives us hope for this year. TJS guys can certainly take the mound a year later, but I'm not aware of any instant success stories we can hang our hats on.  Even a C.Y. guy like Wainwright need a half-season to get his groove back. Thoughts anyone?

#11 parrothead

parrothead

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,540 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:55 PM

View Postuspsjeter2, on 27 February 2013 - 01:33 PM, said:

I certainly admire your enthusiasm for Mr. Luebke, Travis Burten, but I'd be interested to see you present some evidence that gives us hope for this year. TJS guys can certainly take the mound a year later, but I'm not aware of any instant success stories we can hang our hats on.  Even a C.Y. guy like Wainwright need a half-season to get his groove back. Thoughts anyone?
Brett Anderson last year went down in June of 2011, had his TJ and was back in August and came back hitting the ground running, first 4 starts out of the gate averaged 6.5 innings per start and was 4-0 with a .62 ERA in those 4 starts.

Guy had a sub 3 ERA and 1.16WHIP when he went down last year, so the potential is there.  He likely wont be back until after the all star break, probably late July/Early August is what Ive read.
Seems everybody's jogging or heavy into health s?&t, don't tell me that I otta get rolfed, cause I love Cajun martinis and playing afternoon golf-JB from we are the people are parents warned us about

#12 MJG44

MJG44

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:01 PM

i like cory a lot. gonna stash him on my dl in all my leagues.
12 team roto keeper [2nd year] (keep 8), 2 DL spots (Runs), (H), (2B), (3B), (HR), (RBI), (SB),(BB),  (K), (AVG) --  (W),(L), (CG), (SHO),(SV), (BB),(K), (HLD),(ERA), (WHIP)
C-Derek Norris
1B-Albert Pujols
2B-Dee Gordon
SS-Starlin Castro
3B-Pedro Alvarez
LF-Bryce Harper
CF-Carlos Gonzalez
RF-Yasiel Puig
UTIL-Mark Trumbo
DL-George Springer Bench-,Curtis Granderson,Brandon Belt

SP-Madison Bumgarner,Masahiro Tanaka,Mat Latos, Gio Gonzalez,Taijuan Walker,Zach Wheeler, Alex Wood,Marcus Stroman, Carlos Martinez,,DL-Jose Fernandez
RP-Addison Reed ,Casey Janssen, Jennry Mejia, Neftali Feliz, Brad Boxberger

[size=3]

[/size]

#13 2ndCitySox

2ndCitySox

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,411 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:22 AM

Had another setback, although CBS said it was minor.
All-Icon Team:
C- Carlton Fisk
1B- Frank Thomas
2B- Ryne Sandberg
SS- Ozzie Smith
3B- Wade Boggs
CF- Rickey
LF- Kirk Gibson
RF- Chili Davis
DH- Eddie Murray

SP- Nolan Ryan
SP- Orel Herschiser
SP- Greg Maddux
SP- Roger Clemens
SP- BlackJack McDowell

RP- Eck

#14 osb_tensor

osb_tensor

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:42 AM

http://sandiego.padr...book_sd&c_id=sd

#15 KempIsntMine

KempIsntMine

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:08 AM

Nice update here... Says he might be back mid-August.
06/15 60-day DL Possibly August Recovery from May 2012 Tommy John surgery Throwing program stopped as of May 18 update due to discomfort in left elbow.

Since I'm in a dynasty league, this will be a guy I target around that time to hold on to.
12 Team Dynasty League
C - Jason Castro
1B - Anthony Rizzo, 2B - Jason Kipnis, 3B - Josh Donaldson
SS - Brian Dozier
IF - Billy Butler
OF - Wil Myers, Bryce Harper, Adam Eaton
UTL - Jurickson Profar, Jarrod Dyson
BN - Avisail Garcia, Dustin Ackley, Emilio Bonifacio, Mark Reynolds, George Springer

SP - Matt Moore, Mat Latos
RP - Danny Farquhar , Joaquin Benoit
P -  Zach Wheeler, Chris Archer, Erasmo Ramirez  
BN-  Sonny Gray, Hector Santiago
DL - Brandon Beachy, Matt Moore
NA - Trevor Bauer, Tyler Skaags

#16 David Light

David Light

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:53 PM

Ya I had to drop him.  I read an update that said he may not pith the entire year.  Since he was a top 20 pitcher in 2012 before getting hurt, I think he should be really valuable long term.

#17 crazybob60

crazybob60

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,496 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:01 AM

Well according to this article he has started to throw again this week.  Is it possible we could see him sometime this year?

http://www.gaslampba...ith-ben-higgins

●Tommy John recovery is different for everyone. Joe Wieland's rehab has been a little smoother. He's been pitching simulated games. He'll be in a rehab assignment pretty soon in the minor leagues. Cory Luebke has had soreness but has started to throw again this past week. In a perfect world both players pitch this year. Wieland is ahead of the schedule but at best he's 4-6 weeks away.
14 Team League, H2H, Points Based System (Daily Lineup Changes)
Can Roster 10 SP's, Max 2 SP pickups per week

C:  Travis d'Arnaud
1B:  Freddie Freeman
2B:  Martin Prado
SS:  Jordy Mercer
3B:  David Wright
IF:  Mike Napoli
OF:  Giancarlo Stanton, Melky Cabrera, Josh Hamilton, Shane Victorino
DH:  Michael Morse, Christian Yelich
BN:  Mark Teixeira
DL:  Brandon Phillips, Troy Tulowitzki, Starling Marte

SP:  Yu Darvish, Clayton Kershaw, Travis Wood, Aaron Harang, Jarred Cosart, Clay Buchholz, Tim Hudson, AJ Burnett, Wei-Yin Chen, Jeremy Hellickson, Alfredo Simon
RP:  Aroldis Chapman, Huston Street, Santiago Casilla

#18 96mnc

96mnc

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,156 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:08 PM

If he and Weiland can make it back at any point this year the Padres are going to push for that to happen.  Not only is the division title up for grabs but they would want both to have some innings under their belt before 2014 so they can hit the ground running.