Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo

RW Blurbs 2012-2013 Season

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 SundayKindofLove

SundayKindofLove

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,882 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:43 PM

Thought this would be an interesting and useful topic that relates to questionable or uninformed RW blurbs. The unofficial commentary, so to speak. I'll lead off with:

"Donatas Motiejunas will start at power forward on Wednesday, according to Kevin McHale.
Very interesting. Motiejunas played 23 minutes in his last game with 11 points, six boards and two assists (two threes), and now McHale wants a longer look at him at the power forward position. With Thomas Robinson still getting acclimated to his new team, Motiejunas has an opportunity to impress. This also could signal the end of a strong run by Carlos Delfino, who had started the last three games at power forward. Feb 26 - 1:56 PM"

In supplementing this blurb I might point out that Motiejunas' seems to fit Houston's offensive system better than T-Rob (who lacks a three pointer) etc. That's obviously not the final point, as much remains to be seen, but it seems like it might be useful information to consider.

Please note: This topic doesn't claim greater expertise than RW (I think we all recognize the value of RW's blurbs.) The issue is whether the blurb has missed a point that we think may be significant. Furthermore, this is distinguishable from individual player topics (which would be to difficult too track every time there's a questionable blurb)
"He hears the crescendoing last chords of the national anthem and sees the great open horseshoe of the grandstand and that unfolding vision of the grass that always seems to mean he has stepped outside his life - the rubbed shine that sweeps and bends from the raked dirt of the infield out to the high green fences. It is the excitement of a revealed thing."

#2 muey123

muey123

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:57 PM

Thought this would be an interesting and useful topic that relates to questionable or uninformed RW blurbs. The unofficial commentary, so to speak. I'll lead off with:

"Donatas Motiejunas will start at power forward on Wednesday, according to Kevin McHale.
Very interesting. Motiejunas played 23 minutes in his last game with 11 points, six boards and two assists (two threes), and now McHale wants a longer look at him at the power forward position. With Thomas Robinson still getting acclimated to his new team, Motiejunas has an opportunity to impress. This also could signal the end of a strong run by Carlos Delfino, who had started the last three games at power forward. Feb 26 - 1:56 PM"

In supplementing this blurb I might point out that Motiejunas' seems to fit Houston's offensive system better than T-Rob (who lacks a three pointer) etc. That's obviously not the final point, as much remains to be seen, but it seems like it might be useful information to consider.

Please note: This topic doesn't claim greater expertise than RW (I think we all recognize the value of RW's blurbs.) The issue is whether the blurb has missed a point that we think may be significant. Furthermore, this is distinguishable from individual player topics (which would be to difficult too track every time there's a questionable blurb)

With Chandler, Lin and Harden I think they have enough 3 pt firepower, I like T-Robs meanstreak, its something I reckon Houston could use in the playoffs when the intensity lifts...

Although a front court of Asik and T-Rob might rival the Clippers for worst foul shooting front court in the league...

Edited by muey123, 27 February 2013 - 09:57 PM.

12-Team, 8-Cat H2H | Record: 79-17
Jeff Teague
Jrue Holiday
Manu Ginobili
George Hill
Lebron James
Kevin Durant
David West
Thaddeus Young
Carlos Boozer
Andre Kirilenko.
Ryan Anderson
Nikola Pekovic
Anthony Davis

#3 clutchcityfan

clutchcityfan

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:59 PM

Why does that signal the end of a strong run by Delfino? He's still going to get heavy minutes off the bench.

#4 clutchcityfan

clutchcityfan

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:00 AM

Why was this thread moved to off topic?

#5 SundayKindofLove

SundayKindofLove

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,882 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:33 AM

Good question.
"He hears the crescendoing last chords of the national anthem and sees the great open horseshoe of the grandstand and that unfolding vision of the grass that always seems to mean he has stepped outside his life - the rubbed shine that sweeps and bends from the raked dirt of the infield out to the high green fences. It is the excitement of a revealed thing."

#6 Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,016 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:38 AM

Good question.

We could merge this into the Motiejunas thread if you would like. Either your desire is to have a larger discussion about Motiejunas or you would like to give feedback regarding RW's blurbs and are using this player as an example to highlight the discussion. We're happy to leave it here or merge into the player thread, just let us know.

Regardless, the Mods have conferred on this matter and it definitely is not subject matter for it's own thread for the Basketball Forum as it too closely aligns with the player thread.

Thanks.
"Give me a break, I'm a product of divorce!"

#7 bs61014

bs61014

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:04 AM

I agree that the best place for this discussion is the player's thread.

The discussion this thread initiated is about the player and how he fits into the system. This feedback is more useful in the player thread, than it is in the off-topic forum.

The RW blurb, and the proposed accuracy/inaccuracy thereof, spurred further discussion of Motiejunas and his role with the Rockets..

#8 SundayKindofLove

SundayKindofLove

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,882 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:48 PM

I agree that the best place for this discussion is the player's thread.

The discussion this thread initiated is about the player and how he fits into the system. This feedback is more useful in the player thread, than it is in the off-topic forum.

The RW blurb, and the proposed accuracy/inaccuracy thereof, spurred further discussion of Motiejunas and his role with the Rockets..

It is almost certainly in the wrong forum, but that's ok. I'll continue to update here if I see anything fitting.

#9 SundayKindofLove

SundayKindofLove

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,882 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:42 PM

RW Blurb on Derrick Rose:

"Tom Thibodeau said that Derrick Rose doesn't have a timetable to make his debut this season.
Thibodeau basically has an automatic response mechanism when he's asked about Rose making his debut. Rose has been practicing with contact, but dunking off his left leg appears to be the next major step he needs to take in the rehab process. He should be stashed in all leagues at this point, but nothing is guaranteed."

This appears to be wrong, per ESPN's Melissa Isaacson who has reported that Rose has been videotaped dunking off of both left and right foot, albeit "more casually than he would during a game". Thus, although RW reports it as a physical issue being the barrier, the clearer hurdle still seems to be mental.