Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
- - - - -

Ian Kinsler 2013 Outlook

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
85 replies to this topic

#1 NYSportsfan24

NYSportsfan24

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,285 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:27 PM

Projections??

#2 Travdaddy10

Travdaddy10

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:15 PM

Projections??

Based on his regressions from past years I'd say .260/72RBI/100R/20HR/20SB and that's if he stays healthy. 2 years in a row of full health and he never really capitalized. Yeah he put up good stats when healthy but in 2009 he had 31 bombs in 566 AB's. Last year he had 19 bombs in 655 AB's. Not very good for a .260 hitter who's lineup just got worse with the loss of Hamilton. Oh and even with saying this he has a great chance of being top 5 at 2nd base but that position is terrible this year. I'd rather take a chance with someone else later then taking Kinsler in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Edited by Travdaddy10, 01 March 2013 - 11:17 PM.

#3 crazybob60

crazybob60

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,505 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:34 PM

I am going to say that he stays around the same for average and HRs that he has in the past year but he increases his SB total and makes a jump up to 30.
14 Team League, H2H, Points Based System (Daily Lineup Changes)
Can Roster 10 SP's, Max 2 SP pickups per week

C: Travis d'Arnaud
1B: Freddie Freeman
2B: Brandon Phillips
SS: Jordy Mercer
3B: David Wright
IF: Mark Teixeira
OF: Giancarlo Stanton, Melky Cabrera, Josh Hamilton, Christian Yelich
DH: Mike Napoli, Martin Prado
BN: Derek Jeter
DL: Troy Tulowitzki

SP: Clayton Kershaw, Travis Wood, Aaron Harang, Tim Hudson, AJ Burnett, Wei-Yin Chen, Jeremy Hellickson, Alfredo Simon, Ricky Nolasco, T.J. House
RP: Aroldis Chapman, Huston Street, Santiago Casilla
DL: Yu Darvish

#4 phillyloveslee

phillyloveslee

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:25 AM

Projections??

Based on his regressions from past years I'd say .260/72RBI/100R/20HR/20SB and that's if he stays healthy. 2 years in a row of full health and he never really capitalized. Yeah he put up good stats when healthy but in 2009 he had 31 bombs in 566 AB's. Last year he had 19 bombs in 655 AB's. Not very good for a .260 hitter who's lineup just got worse with the loss of Hamilton. Oh and even with saying this he has a great chance of being top 5 at 2nd base but that position is terrible this year. I'd rather take a chance with someone else later then taking Kinsler in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Not sure what you expect, but in 2011, he had a line of 121/32/77/30. That's a first round player to me, but maybe your expectations are higher. Yeah, last year he struggled, but I just chalk it up to a down year, and expect that to be his floor. I think he's a solid pick, just a step below Cano, and even with Pedroia.

#5 Wombat

Wombat

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,095 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:45 PM

I had him for part of last year, it was really underwhelming. He's almost Jimmy Rollins level with how many AB's end in a harmless pop out. He had 731 PA last year, leading the league, and still only hit 19 homers. He really had a pretty crappy year in real life, it was just salvaged by sheer volume of PA's. I don't really know what to expect from him anymore, he's been kind of all over the place, but hitting 1st in Texas means he's going to score runs and he's got enough power and speed to matter especially from the MI.

#6 mjk356

mjk356

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,496 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:50 PM

He actually sucked out loud after the All-Star break last season. Hit .229 with a .707 OPS. I owned him the last three years in a keeper and finally let him go this season. It's just not that fun owning a guy who is basically useless away from home. He will put up big counting stats, as you said Wombat, but there are points in the season when, for a top 30 pick, he will bore the life out of you. But, as always, the 30/30 upside that he's reached in select years is really tempting.

Edited by mjk356, 17 March 2013 - 02:52 PM.

#7 crazybob60

crazybob60

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,505 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:41 AM

Someone in another thread mentioned a possible move to 1B for Kinsler, when Profar is ready to come up. Are there any legs to this rumor? I haven't heard anything.

SP: Clayton Kershaw, Travis Wood, Aaron Harang, Tim Hudson, AJ Burnett, Wei-Yin Chen, Jeremy Hellickson, Alfredo Simon, Ricky Nolasco, T.J. House

#8 cymbaline

cymbaline

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:49 AM

Someone in another thread mentioned a possible move to 1B for Kinsler, when Profar is ready to come up. Are there any legs to this rumor? I haven't heard anything.

It is all speculation at this point but there are many articles discussing what may happen if Profar forces his way on to the big club.
http://aol.sportingn...son-profar-move

The general feeling is that Elvis isn't going to get moved off SS. Kinsler may end up at 1B or OF, which in turn diminishes Mitch Moreland's (and possibly other OF3/OF4 like Murphy, Gentry, Martin) role with TEX.

Anyway, 1B or OF elig doesn't really impact Kinsler's value much since the vast majority of people who own him are going to play him at 2B. It's not like he's going to get C or SS elig.

#9 crazybob60

crazybob60

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,505 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:54 AM

It is all speculation at this point but there are many articles discussing what may happen if Profar forces his way on to the big club.
http://aol.sportingn...son-profar-move

The general feeling is that Elvis isn't going to get moved off SS. Kinsler may end up at 1B or OF, which in turn diminishes Mitch Moreland's (and possibly other OF3/OF4 like Murphy, Gentry, Martin) role with TEX.

Anyway, 1B or OF elig doesn't really impact Kinsler's value much since the vast majority of people who own him are going to play him at 2B. It's not like he's going to get C or SS elig.

They only reason it may hurt Kinsler's value if he moves to 1B or OF is either next year or the year after next if by some chance he would lose 2B elig.

#10 Kempimus Prime

Kempimus Prime

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,769 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:56 PM

he fell to me at #40 overall so i had to take him, hoping he has one of his "good" years 30/30

#11 Yanksfan06

Yanksfan06

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:31 PM

This thread has been largly ignored, but he's having a 2011 type season. Could use more stolen bases but the hitting numbers have been very impressive

#12 herschel

herschel

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,210 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:23 PM

any updates on this? just a day off or possible dl stint? hes hit a bit of a cold stretch recently...

Ian Kinsler was scratched from Friday's lineup due to bruised ribs.
Kinsler was hit in his ribs with a throw Tuesday while stealing a base and aggravated it on Thursday while getting out of the way of a pitch. Consider him day-to-day for now. Leury Garcia will fill in at second base while Elvis Andrus bats leadoff.
12 team, PPR, redraft

QB - Romo, Cam
RB - Lacy, Chris Johnson, R. Matthews, Ivory, D. Williams, Asiata, Starks
WR - A. Brown, Decker, Hilton, Jennings
TE - Gronk, H. Miller
K - Hauschka
DST - Texans

#13 Wombat

Wombat

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,095 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:26 PM

He pinch ran last night and now Profar is at the stadium possibly going to be activated?

Ugh. Going to be the lamest DL ever if this happens. This stuff always comes up out of nowhere.

#14 PPolanco

PPolanco

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,966 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:49 PM

agreed. Had no idea DL was a possibility I thought this was as minor as it comes. Guess not... :wacko:
I back the realest and original Polanco :-)

#15 natti

natti

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:50 PM

Ian Kinsler has to show he can swing bat or will be able to in next few days. Otherwise, he goes to DL and Jurickson Profar comes up.

https://twitter.com/...190884397842433

#16 Wombat

Wombat

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,095 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:55 PM

Seems so stupid. There's a chance he could be fine in 3-4 days but they are going to DL him and have him miss 15? Wish they would give him a few more days and not randomly decide he HAS to be able to swing a bat TODAY or he's going on the DL.

#17 NoClownQuestionsBro

NoClownQuestionsBro

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,383 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:57 PM

Seems so stupid. There's a chance he could be fine in 3-4 days but they are going to DL him and have him miss 15? Wish they would give him a few more days and not randomly decide he HAS to be able to swing a bat TODAY or he's going on the DL.

Yea that's really unfair and that's the part I don't understand. If he has bruised ribs and wasn't able to swing the bat yesterday, what magically occurred overnight that he would be able to swing the bat today?

They should exercise a bit more patience here with Kinsler.

#18 Gumbo_Ghost

Gumbo_Ghost

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,508 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:04 PM

It does seem like they can handle Ian being on the bench a few more days if that's all it takes.
Weird.

I laughed at his stupid slide, then I saw he was out but pinch running and didnt care, now I'm gonna loose him for 15 days?

Lame

#19 ldphifty

ldphifty

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:31 PM

so if he is not in the lineup tonight and Profar is in, hes going to be DL'ed. That has to be a given. But what if Kinsler is benched tonight and Garcia, rather than Profar, is replacing him?

#20 Ragnaroker

Ragnaroker

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,282 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:47 PM

He has hit the DL, good news is they were talking about it maybe being a 3-4 day thing (why they DL him is beyond me) so he should potentially be back after the minimum 15.