Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
- - - - -

Daniel Murphy 2013 Outlook

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#1 octapuss

octapuss

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:44 PM

Hitting second in front of Wright this year. He could have a nice year.
16 Team Dynasty League /  Weekly Head 2 Head / 14 by 14 Roto

C-   Lucroy
1B - Gonzalez, Napoli, Adams
2B - Altuve
3B - Longoria
SS - Reyes, Owings
LF - Gordon
CF - Jennings, Martin
RF - Markikis

DL -

SP - Cobb, A. Sanchez, Salazar, Niese, Fister, Wheeler, Kennedy
RP - Street, Perkins, Wilson

Batting - 1B, 2B, 3B, HR, BB, R, RBI, SB, HBP, IBB,   / (negative points)  K, GIDP, CS, E
Pitching - IP, W, SV, K, HD, CG, SO / (negative points) BB, HB, ER, L, BS, H, WP

#2 Nick Mitchell

Nick Mitchell

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:29 PM

Last season he was eligible at 1B, 2B, 3B, and possibly OF as well.... but I'm not positive on the last one. I just recall him being pretty helpful for me in a deeper league. I used him at a few positions as a bench player and occasionally at the UTL slot. He was handy. Not sure what his eligibility is this season, though... if it's solely 2B, he's not as enticing to me....
let your members encourage my suicide. besides, I kinda wanna _

#3 Garrett W.

Garrett W.

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:10 PM

I think this guy has played a cameo on my team at one point or another as an injury plug in the last few years. Love his control of the strike zone and staying away from Ks if you play in a league that counts it. Needs to score runs and get RBIs to be useful, but I could see that hitting around Wright.
10-team keeper PPR

QB Stafford
RB Lacy
RB Ingram
WR J.Jones
WR Cobb
WR A.Brown
TE J.Thomas
DEF Texans
K Nugent

RB Pierce
RB Asiata
RB T. Richardson
RB Jones-Drew
RB Ridley
RB Bradshaw
RB McKinnon

#4 danp

danp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:27 PM

he'll get you a solid average and some runs. strictly 2B this year though.

if you ask me, if he has a solid first half, he's a major trade candidate. the mets really want to get wilmer flores up, and it seems his best bet defensively is at second.

#5 midlip

midlip

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:37 AM

Eligible as 1B/2B in Yahoo

could be a nice source of AVG and R, but he's light everywhere else. Plug-in/backup only, doesn't seem enticing enough to be anyone's starter

#6 rascal7298

rascal7298

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:15 PM

Thinking about picking this guy up. 7 runs, 2 hr, 6 rbi thus far and hitting for .280+. Mets offense looks improved and he is hitting at the top of the lineup.
10 team redraft yahoo league with standard scoring (start QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 Flex, K, D)
QB:  Romo/Ryan
RB: Charles, Lynch, S Jackson, P Thomas, T West, K Davis, C Michael
WR:  J Nelson, V Cruz, V Jackson, J Edelman, B Cooks
K:  Dawson
Def:  Cincy

#7 FearTheBeard

FearTheBeard

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,381 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:55 AM

I'm currently using Murphy - while not flashy the guy is a good ballplayer and definitely has a knack for barreling up the ball. I think he's a good pickup for anyone with a bad situation at 2B for the time being.

He's upside is probably a .300-.310avg/10HRs/10SBs/40 Doubles/80 runs - he's done all those before with exception of giving him a few more HRs, and he opportunity to score runs goes way up hitting in front of Wright. He's definitely showing more of a knack to elevate the ball this season than years past - but one week is a small sample size.

#8 Whoopie!

Whoopie!

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:09 AM

I'm currently using Murphy - while not flashy the guy is a good ballplayer and definitely has a knack for barreling up the ball. I think he's a good pickup for anyone with a bad situation at 2B for the time being.

He's upside is probably a .300-.310avg/10HRs/10SBs/40 Doubles/80 runs - he's done all those before with exception of giving him a few more HRs, and he opportunity to score runs goes way up hitting in front of Wright. He's definitely showing more of a knack to elevate the ball this season than years past - but one week is a small sample size.

Murphy is pretty underrated. Seen a ton of people loving Matt Carpenter. Isn't Murphy pretty much the same player? Neither will get steals, neither has big power but they'll hit close to .300 and will be respectable in the runs/rbi dept.

#9 Halo Fan

Halo Fan

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,829 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:32 PM

I've been using him as my #2 2B for a couple of years now in my nl-only obp league. I'm satisfied.
"Only boring people find baseball boring." ~ Peter Golenboch

"...the knowledge of the game is usually in inverse proportion to the price of the seats." ~ Bill Veeck

"The last time Willie Mays dropped a pop fly he had a rattle in one hand and a bonnet on his head." ~ Jim Murray

"If my uniform doesn't get dirty, I haven't done anything in the baseball game." ~ Rickey Henderson

"The difference between the old ballplayer and the new ballplayer is the jersey. The old ballplayer cared about the name on the front. The new ballplayer cares about the name on the back." ~ Steve Garvey

"If a tie is like kissing your sister, losing is like kissing your grandmother with her teeth out." ~ George Brett

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." ~ Rogers Hornsby

"Winning depends on where you put your priorities. It's usually best to put them over the fence." ~ Jason Giambi

#10 Armalite

Armalite

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,181 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:37 PM

I always had an affinity for Murph, mostly because when you look at your players stat's at the end of the day you rarely see an 0'fer in his stat line. He doesn't much of anything else but he seems to have found a bit of a power stroke early on and 2b can be a tough position to fill at times.
20 TEAM PPR IDP LEAGUE, Sex Grossman's Cannon
QB) Joe Flacco, Derek Carr, Blake Bortles
RB) Eddie Lacy, Shonn Greene, Bernard Pierce, Ronnie Hillman, Jerrick McKinnon, Lorenzo Taliaferro
WR) Keenan Allen, Torrey Smith, Roddy White, Denard Robinson, Robert Woods
TE) Jordan Cameron, Larry Donell
K) Blair Walsh
DEF) Houston Texans
DB) Harrison Smith
DL) Rob Ninkovich
LB) Paul Worrilow

#11 pnoozi

pnoozi

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:42 PM

As a Mets fan I've always been impressed with Murphy even though I've always thought his swing was a bit awkward (like they found some guy off the street - which, maybe they did...). He's really flown under the radar.
NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR TEAM

Developer of the Highlights Chrome extension (currently unpublished, working on bringing it back).

QB TOM BRADY
WR VINCENT JACKSON, WR PERCY HARVIN, WR MARQUES COLSTON
RB MARSHAWN LYNCH, RB GIOVANI BERNARD
TE HEATH MILLER
W/R/T DANNY WOODHEAD
K MASON CROSBY, DEF KANSAS CITY
BN DANNY AMENDOLA, JEREMY KERLEY, STEVIE JOHNSON, MIKE WILLIAMS, NEW YORK JETS

#12 Whoopie!

Whoopie!

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:44 PM

As a Mets fan I've always been impressed with Murphy even though I've always thought his swing was a bit awkward (like they found some guy off the street - which, maybe they did...). He's really flown under the radar.

Why? Murphy has a great swing lol. keeps the bat level consistently

#13 pnoozi

pnoozi

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:30 PM

I know he has a fundamentally good swing, it doesn't strike me as particularly "athletic" if that makes sense. He's always looked like a pitcher at the plate to me.
NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR TEAM

Developer of the Highlights Chrome extension (currently unpublished, working on bringing it back).

QB TOM BRADY
WR VINCENT JACKSON, WR PERCY HARVIN, WR MARQUES COLSTON
RB MARSHAWN LYNCH, RB GIOVANI BERNARD
TE HEATH MILLER
W/R/T DANNY WOODHEAD
K MASON CROSBY, DEF KANSAS CITY
BN DANNY AMENDOLA, JEREMY KERLEY, STEVIE JOHNSON, MIKE WILLIAMS, NEW YORK JETS

#14 squantos

squantos

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:45 PM

I've been rolling with him waiting for rutledge to gain 2b but just meet keep him in the line up for a while the way he's swinging the bat. Just read he might drop in the order cause of how well he's hitting so far. Anybody hear anything about this?
C    B. McCann
1b E. Encanarcion
2b    J Kipnis
ss    A. Escobar
3b    M Cabrera
OF   J Upton, C. Gonzalez, B. Harper
U B. Moss, Y. Puig

bench    D. Span

SP  J Verlander, M Cain, G Gonzalez, J Zimmerman, , J Teheran, J Shields, A Cashner, R Porcello, R. Delarosa

RP The revolving door chasing these guys down

Minors C Yelich, G Polanco, J. Pederson

#15 PepperPot

PepperPot

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:45 PM

I've been rolling with him waiting for rutledge to gain 2b but just meet keep him in the line up for a while the way he's swinging the bat. Just read he might drop in the order cause of how well he's hitting so far. Anybody hear anything about this?

I read an update about that on my league home page this morning (CBS), I hope it doesn't happen, second in the lineup seems to be perfect for this guy.
14 Team PPR Dynasty Keeper League

Starters

QB: Andrew Luck
RB: Gio Bernard & DeMarco Murray
WR: Randall Cobb, A.J. Green & Julio Jones
TE: Dennis Pitta
DEF: Patriots
K: Adam Vinatieri

Bench

QB: Alex Smith
RB: Ahmad Bradshaw, Bryce Brown, Devonta Freeman, Fred Jackson, Christine Michael, Lache Seastrunk & C.J. Spiller
WR: Davante Adams, Aaron Dobson, DeAndre Hopkins, Justin Hunter & Cody Latimer
TE: Kyle Rudolph & Luke Wilson

#16 Theoneupper

Theoneupper

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,826 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:43 PM

Im hoping he stays in the two hole. This guy is underrated and I have been satisfied with him as my 2B this far. Keep it coming Murph!

#17 nets860

nets860

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:58 AM

Hitting third now. What's everyone thinking about him ros?
catcher- lucroy
1b-         votto
2b-         bonifacio
3b- ryan zimmerman
ss-         j.j hardy
of-          wil Myers
of-  granderson
of-    cespedes
util-  aramis ramirez
util-        Wilson Ramos
sp- kershaw, sabathia, Tyler thornburg, peavy, lackey, sonny gray, dan straily
rp- farquhar, frieri, mujica, rex brothers

#18 Se7enLikeMe

Se7enLikeMe

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:07 PM

Murphy is one of the most predictable players in the game.

.290-310 Avg, Good OBP, and a bunch of empty stats which will fluctuate throughout the season. IMO, he's a must own to pair with an extreme power/ low avg guy in deeper roto leagues.

#19 Vernon

Vernon

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:28 PM

0-8 since his move to third..... :(
12 team h2h
C-mesoraco 1B- agonz, 2B-Altulve SS-Hardy 3B-Plouffe
OF- Cargo, Adam Jones, Allan Craig, Coco Crisp
Ut-Howard
DL-Machado
bench-Bourne, Dee Gordon
Sp-Felix, Scherzer, Peavy, Cingrani, Sabathia, Harrang, Eovaldi, Buerhle, T wood
RP- Romo, Soriano, Street, Farnworth

#20 Halo Fan

Halo Fan

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,829 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:44 PM

0-8 since his move to third..... :(

Calm down, it's not like he's in the Mike Stanton tier of suckitude. :(
"Only boring people find baseball boring." ~ Peter Golenboch

"...the knowledge of the game is usually in inverse proportion to the price of the seats." ~ Bill Veeck

"The last time Willie Mays dropped a pop fly he had a rattle in one hand and a bonnet on his head." ~ Jim Murray

"If my uniform doesn't get dirty, I haven't done anything in the baseball game." ~ Rickey Henderson

"The difference between the old ballplayer and the new ballplayer is the jersey. The old ballplayer cared about the name on the front. The new ballplayer cares about the name on the back." ~ Steve Garvey

"If a tie is like kissing your sister, losing is like kissing your grandmother with her teeth out." ~ George Brett

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." ~ Rogers Hornsby

"Winning depends on where you put your priorities. It's usually best to put them over the fence." ~ Jason Giambi