299 replies to this topic

#1 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,333 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:46 PM

Figured I'd start this one. Likely won't have any huge fantasy impact, but he could end up being one of those guys that could end up having a second half of the season resurgence if the guys in front of him get injured (that's why I was interested in him last season in KC).

Honestly, I'm not sure of the logistics, but with Rashard Mendenhall on the way out in PIT, I think that might be an interesting fit for him if PIT can sign him to another cheap, one-year "prove it" deal.
  • mverkruyse likes this
2014 Rotoworld Mock Draft Real League - 14-Team 0.5 PPR + ALL TDs = 6PTs:

_____STARTING LINEUP_______________.............._____BENCH_______________________
QB : Matthew Stafford.......(03.13)............. WR - Malcom Floyd.........(14.14)
RB1: Montee Ball............(01.13)............. WR - John Brown...........(UD.FA)
RB2: Arian Foster...........(01.11)............. WR - Cody Latimer.........(13.09)
WR1: Brian Quick............(14.08)............. RB - Toby Gerhart.........(02.02)
WR2: Allen Hurns............(UD.FA)............. RB - Bernard Pierce.......(07.14)
TE : Kyle Rudolph...........(06.02)............. RB - Latavius Murray......(13.12)
FLEX1: Justin Forsett.......(UD.FA)............. RB - Devonta Freeman......(09.01)
FLEX2: Steven Jackson.......(04.02)............. RB - CJ Anderson..........(09.11)

#2 petekrum

petekrum

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:56 AM

Waiver wire fodder. Nothing more at this point.
The boar runs from the tiger.
It is not cowardice. It is love of life.

#3 Proteus

Proteus

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,691 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:19 PM

I think he's got something left, but I also think he needs to get fed in order to get into a rhythm and wrecking-ball his way to some carries that matter. Not sure where that could happen.
QB: Ryan Leaf
RB: Lawrence Phillips
RB: Ki-Jana Carter
WR: Charles Rogers
WR: Desmond Howard
TE: David LaFleur
W/R: David Wilson
K: Ray Finkle(Einhorn)
D: Minnie

BN: Andre Ware/Jared Cook/Tony Mandarich/Curtis Enis/Travis Henry/Brian Bosworth/CJ Spiller/Trent Richardson

facebook.com/WhyYouBeasting

#4 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,333 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:25 PM

I should also note, if he lands anywhere decent, I'm far more interested in him in TD-heavy leagues.

I'm picturing his upside being almost Mike Tolbert-esque.

Edited by Robrain, 05 March 2013 - 09:26 PM.

_____STARTING LINEUP_______________.............._____BENCH_______________________
QB : Matthew Stafford.......(03.13)............. WR - Malcom Floyd.........(14.14)
RB1: Montee Ball............(01.13)............. WR - John Brown...........(UD.FA)
RB2: Arian Foster...........(01.11)............. WR - Cody Latimer.........(13.09)
WR1: Brian Quick............(14.08)............. RB - Toby Gerhart.........(02.02)
WR2: Allen Hurns............(UD.FA)............. RB - Bernard Pierce.......(07.14)
TE : Kyle Rudolph...........(06.02)............. RB - Latavius Murray......(13.12)
FLEX1: Justin Forsett.......(UD.FA)............. RB - Devonta Freeman......(09.01)
FLEX2: Steven Jackson.......(04.02)............. RB - CJ Anderson..........(09.11)

#5 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:30 PM

Giants current depth chart:
Wilson, Lumpkin, Torain

Brown's a restricted free agent so who knows ... I'd love Hillis to sign there for a 1-yr "prove it" deal.

#6 Ryan81

Ryan81

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:48 PM

Possible locations he could end up?

"Sometimes you get the bear; sometimes the bear gets you." -Clay Othic

RotoWorld Mock Real League - 14 team, .5 PPR, 6 point passing TDs(4-2, 1st place)
QB: Philip Rivers
RB1: Ahmad Bradshaw
RB2: Reggie Bush
WR1: Dez Bryant
WR2: Jordy Nelson
W/R/T: Alshon Jeffery
W/R/T: Mohammed Sanu
TE: Jason Witten
DST: Streaming
Bench: Jeremy Hill, Pierre Thomas, Antone Smith, Travaris Cadet, James Starks, Eric Ebron

#7 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,333 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:55 PM

PIT was really my only thought on the matter, simply because there's really no major competition there with Mendenhall likely (already?) gone.

With the Giants, he wouldn't be a lock for the starting job at all, he'd be more of a role-player. It would almost certainly take injuries for him to be fantasy-relevant on a weekly basis if he ended up signing with the Giants.

Maybe if the Jets need someone he could sign a one-year "prove it" deal?

Titans as a goal-line vulture since they don't want CJ0K getting goal-line carries this season?

DEN as a short-yardage option behind McGahee?

Raiders to backup McFadden ala Michael Bush? I see that being one of the least likely possibilities though, honestly.

Chargers taking over Mike Tolbert's role?

Redskins as mere depth?

Packers as an additional short-yardage option instead of FB Kuhn?

Bucs on the cheap if Blount doesn't cut it?

Cardinals on a one-year prove-it deal?

Rams as depth?

Those are really all the options that even remotely come to mind for me. Anywhere else I couldn't see him being very fantasy-relevant.

#8 Proteus

Proteus

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,691 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:06 PM

Is it even a done deal that he's leaving KC?
QB: Ryan Leaf
RB: Lawrence Phillips
RB: Ki-Jana Carter
WR: Charles Rogers
WR: Desmond Howard
TE: David LaFleur
W/R: David Wilson
K: Ray Finkle(Einhorn)
D: Minnie

BN: Andre Ware/Jared Cook/Tony Mandarich/Curtis Enis/Travis Henry/Brian Bosworth/CJ Spiller/Trent Richardson

facebook.com/WhyYouBeasting

#9 Ryan81

Ryan81

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:08 PM

I was thinking Packers, Cardinals, Chargers, and Jets all as a prove it deal with him sharing carries in SD with Matthews.

"Sometimes you get the bear; sometimes the bear gets you." -Clay Othic

RotoWorld Mock Real League - 14 team, .5 PPR, 6 point passing TDs(4-2, 1st place)
QB: Philip Rivers
RB1: Ahmad Bradshaw
RB2: Reggie Bush
WR1: Dez Bryant
WR2: Jordy Nelson
W/R/T: Alshon Jeffery
W/R/T: Mohammed Sanu
TE: Jason Witten
DST: Streaming
Bench: Jeremy Hill, Pierre Thomas, Antone Smith, Travaris Cadet, James Starks, Eric Ebron

#10 Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,917 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:46 PM

:lol: Same dudes in the 2013 thread as the 2012 one. You guys are nothing if not loyal, I'll await with excitement the Jahvid Best thread. I read that he was extremely unimpressive to the KC brain trust last year, hence Shaun Draughn,but the good news is that there is a whole new regime. Doesn't seem like a natural fit for the stretch, zone plays that Reid likes, but you never know. Other places he could end up? Hard to say, but he's not going anywhere as a starter. If he signs on, it will most likely be as a clear backup and perhaps 3rd string/specialty back. I read a brief article that said maybe Denver or rejoining his college teammate in Oakland or, gulp, maybe Dallas as his old RB coach got hired there. He'll need one injury and maybe two to be relevant again dependent on where he lands.....

I remember everyone got excited about the quote that KC wanted to get Charles and Hillis 500 touches last year and ironically, KC RB's got 498 touches, it's just Draughn got 83 of those. He's still young enough that maybe he can have a small renaissance if the roids haven't sucked his bones dry. KC was just a blackhole of fantasy value except for Charles last year, so it's not all on him, but he's had a lot of nagging injuries the last couple of years.
"Give me a break, I'm a product of divorce!"

#11 petekrum

petekrum

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:13 AM

Possible locations he could end up?

CFL
Arena league
Unemployed
  • souvlaki likes this
The boar runs from the tiger.
It is not cowardice. It is love of life.

#12 pikerbkb

pikerbkb

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:26 PM

ATL could do worse. Bring Hillis on as depth along with some rookies, FAs.

(12:56) T.Richardson up the middle to 50 for -5 yards (W.Mercilus). :)  :)  :) 

#13 megamoviejohn

megamoviejohn

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:53 PM

I won't draft but I hope he bounces back, he was a lot of fun to watch when healthy.
Rotoworld Dynasty Football League
12 Teams- .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, RB/WR, TE, Full Flex, D/ST, K
2010, 2012, 2013 Champions
QB: Kaepernick, Rivers, Palmer
RB: Peterson, Charles, McCoy, Lacy, Helu,
WR: J. Jones, Marshall, J. Gordon, DeAndrew Hopkins, Shorts, Bowe, Bailey, Landry
TE: Grownkowski, V. Davis, Ertz
K: Graham
D/ST: New England Patriots, Bears

#14 Ribobizert

Ribobizert

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:24 PM

on the bright side, odds are he won't be on the cover of Madden this year.

He could be a TD vulture somewhere, but he would have to really impress his new coaching staff. I would argue that despite his physcial demeanor he hasn't really proven to be superior at the goal line like the leagues premier TD vulture Michael "all he literally does is score TDs" Bush .

#15 Ribobizert

Ribobizert

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:25 PM

wait a second, did i just post on a thread about Peyton Hillis? man there must not be anything on tv right now...
  • itricks likes this

#16 Vupacalypse

Vupacalypse

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:39 AM

GB apparently took a look at him. I don't know call me optimistic but if Benson could look like a RB2 at times in GB hillis can't be that far off can he?

#17 Ribobizert

Ribobizert

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:26 PM

Benson is by no means an example of fantasy of NFL success, but giiven how dismal Hillis performed last season and how nicked up he's been the past couple of years, I'd easily take Benson.

#18 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:33 PM

Hillis is a good receiver out of the backfield too he'd actually make a lot of sense in GB.

Basically a more athletic Kuhn.
  • Robrain likes this

#19 blangtang

blangtang

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,882 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:10 PM

this guy is done?

#20 SenatorSpaceman

SenatorSpaceman

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,803 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:09 PM

this guy is done?

Taking everything into consideration, I'm really surprised that he hasn't latched on anywhere yet. I figured somebody would be willing to take a chance on him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users