933 replies to this topic

#1 petekrum

petekrum

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:40 AM

Is anybody still drinking this guys kool aid? I laugh every year when I see him taken late first through the second. Biggest sucker pick in the draft if you ask me.
The boar runs from the tiger.
It is not cowardice. It is love of life.

#2 J.T. Marlin

J.T. Marlin

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:16 AM

View Postpetekrum, on 05 March 2013 - 08:40 AM, said:

Is anybody still drinking this guys kool aid? I laugh every year when I see him taken late first through the second. Biggest sucker pick in the draft if you ask me.

But the team is ditching the zone blocking and going back to the power run game.  He will be a Rotoworld consensus 2nd rounder for sure.  2013 is McFadden's year!!

#3 Rixsta

Rixsta

Double-A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:32 AM

I agree with Pete, Let someone else use an early round pick on him.

#4 cbe_88

cbe_88

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:46 AM

I will not be drafting the no1 injury prone player in fantasy and feel totally okay about it, ESPECIALLY not in the ridiculous 2nd-3rd round range.

#5 petekrum

petekrum

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:49 AM

View PostJ.T. Marlin, on 05 March 2013 - 10:16 AM, said:

But the team is ditching the zone blocking and going back to the power run game.  He will be a Rotoworld consensus 2nd rounder for sure.  2013 is McFadden's year!!

Not sure if you are kidding or not. For your sake I'm hoping you are. I won't even have him on my draft list.

#6 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:57 AM

I will not acknowledge his existence in the first round. Not sure if it was all scheme or the injuries have officially added up ... but he did have over 100 points in 6 games in 2011 ... so ... i don't know.

He looked awful last year, looked unstoppable the year before. 3rd round, I'd probably consider him.

#7 ludawg23

ludawg23

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,678 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:00 AM

So talented but fantasy's biggest tease.  Will not be drafting him at his price...someone will always be willing to take a risk on the "upside"
12 team 5x5 H2H League

C - Lucroy
1st - V-Mart
2nd - Kipnis
SS - Castro
3rd - Aramis
OF - Trout, Choo, Bautisa
UTIL - Pujols, Panda, Lind
BENCH - Mesoraco, R. Davis, Taveras

SP - Anibal, Shields, Iwakumi, Cashner, Samardzija, E. Santana, Masterson, Hudson, McHugh
RP - Soria, Doolittle, Casilla, McGee

#8 petekrum

petekrum

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:35 AM

In his NFL Career he has rushed for over 702 yards ONE TIME.

#9 parrothead

parrothead

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,531 posts
  • Interests:Following jimmy Buffett all summer hitting baseball stadiums along the way.

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:14 PM

2nd round?? Maybe first.  This year the guy was a Top 5 ADP coming off his 3rd injury year in 4 years.  Second round for him will be "sleeper" territory by the time we get to August.
Seems everybody's jogging or heavy into health s?&t, don't tell me that I otta get rolfed, cause I love Cajun martinis and playing afternoon golf-JB from we are the people are parents warned us about

#10 GottaGetTheWin

GottaGetTheWin

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,317 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:19 PM

Won't touch this guy.  The talent is obviously there but you never know how many games you will get out of him but smart money is on less than 13.    

I'm sure we will see much of the same old stuff.  If he goes to late 3rd/early 4th I would grab him but he will never make it that far.

#11 J.T. Marlin

J.T. Marlin

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:22 PM

View Postpetekrum, on 05 March 2013 - 10:49 AM, said:

Not sure if you are kidding or not. For your sake I'm hoping you are. I won't even have him on my draft list.

I was kidding around in making more excuses for McFadden and saying that he will bounce back.  Not kidding that Rotoworld will have him ranked mid 2nd round by the time June roles around.

#12 Proteus

Proteus

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,215 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:22 PM

I need to see with my eyeballs in preseason that he's still got burst and that the blocking scheme indeed suits him. After that,  2nd round at the absolute earliest and must handcuff . . . with?
QB: Ryan Leaf
RB: Lawrence Phillips
RB: Ki-Jana Carter
WR: Charles Rogers
WR: Desmond Howard
TE: David LaFleur
W/R: David Wilson
K: Ray Finkle(Einhorn)
D: Minnie

BN: Andre Ware/Jared Cook/Tony Mandarich/Curtis Enis/Travis Henry/Brian Bosworth/CJ Spiller/Trent Richardson

facebook.com/WhyYouBeasting

#13 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:27 PM

i can't tell if the injuries have caught up to him or if their scheme was really that bad. he was the top fantasy RB for the first 6 weeks of 2011 ... looked lost last year ... injury prone blahblahblah ...

has he lost a step or was the system/play calling so inept that he couldn't get out of his own way? it's the raiders so i wouldn't doubt coaching had something to do with it, but i didn't watch him play enough to know for sure one way or another.

i can't imagine the hype getting too out of control [again] ... but i'm sure it'll only take 1 long preseason TD and positive camp reports to get the ball rolling. if it was the scheme and he looks like "run dmc" this summer, i'll take the plunge in round 2 [if there is a legit handcuff in place. i like reese a lot].

#14 cbe_88

cbe_88

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:27 PM

View PostProteus, on 05 March 2013 - 12:22 PM, said:

I need to see with my eyeballs in preseason that he's still got burst and that the blocking scheme indeed suits him. After that,  2nd round at the absolute earliest and must handcuff . . . with?

"yeah just draft DMC and make sure and get Goodson, and you'll be just fine"

-everyone last year

#15 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:32 PM

i wish they'd stop screwing around and just have dmc/reese at RB. i'd gladly take dmc in the 2nd round and grab reese later. if we have a 3 man race for the handcuff spot again ... no thanks.

#16 DocJ

DocJ

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:14 PM

View Postrraayy3, on 05 March 2013 - 12:32 PM, said:

i wish they'd stop screwing around and just have dmc/reese at RB. i'd gladly take dmc in the 2nd round and grab reese later. if we have a 3 man race for the handcuff spot again ... no thanks.

This. In the past the risk for drafting DMC was a lot lower because you could draft Bush in later rounds, now, total crap-shoot.
2014 RW Mock Real League: 14-team, 0.5 PPR, All TDs 6 pts

Draft currently in progress in "Your League" Forum

QB:
RB1: Frank Gore (5.06)
RB2: Danny Woodhead (6.09)
WR1: Calvin Johnson (1.06)
WR2: Julio Jones (2.09)
W/R/T: Keenan Allen (3.06)
W/R/T: Cordarrelle Patterson (4.09)
TE:
DEF:
K:

Bench: Golden Tate (7.06)

#17 Blu Exile

Blu Exile

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:35 PM

I'm all over him in round 3. I just have a feeling he's going to have a big year. (I said that last year too though) He'll be two years removed off that Lisfranc, back in the correct scheme, & it's his contract year.

He's going to be going in round 2 once the draft rolls around. I'm hoping he's dead to all the other owners in my league.

#18 predator_05

predator_05

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,526 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:37 PM

If you draft snake, maybe not worth it even as a 3rd rounder. But i play auction, and if i can get him for under $20, you bet your a** i'm taking him.
"I've eaten burritos bigger than you."

- JJ Watt to Ray Rice (10/23/2012)

#19 J.T. Marlin

J.T. Marlin

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:38 PM

View Postpredator_05, on 05 March 2013 - 01:37 PM, said:

If you draft snake, maybe not worth it even as a 3rd rounder. But i play auction, and if i can get him for under $20, you bet your a** i'm taking him.

Agreed that Run DMC will most likely be more appealing in an auction format where you may be able to snag him for under $20.  There's always solid bench RB that you can get late in an auction for even cheaper to back him up.

#20 Proteus

Proteus

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,215 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:10 PM

View Postcbe_88, on 05 March 2013 - 12:27 PM, said:

View PostProteus, on 05 March 2013 - 12:22 PM, said:

"yeah just draft DMC and make sure and get Goodson, and you'll be just fine"

-everyone last year

Trust me I am a HOF McFadden skeptic since 2011.

First I need to see the burst.

Next I gotta see that last year's ineptitude was mostly about scheme.

And as already stated, it's gotta be Reese and I gotta get him Ben Tate style.

If there is all kinds of doubt about the handcuff then I stay away from the whole mess.

That's a lot of qualifications.
QB: Ryan Leaf
RB: Lawrence Phillips
RB: Ki-Jana Carter
WR: Charles Rogers
WR: Desmond Howard
TE: David LaFleur
W/R: David Wilson
K: Ray Finkle(Einhorn)
D: Minnie

BN: Andre Ware/Jared Cook/Tony Mandarich/Curtis Enis/Travis Henry/Brian Bosworth/CJ Spiller/Trent Richardson

facebook.com/WhyYouBeasting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users