Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
- - - - -

Jayson Werth 2013 Outlook

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
139 replies to this topic

#1 gbill2004

gbill2004

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,424 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:30 AM

Thoughts/projections for Jayson Werth this season? Looks to be great value.
Competitive start 2 QB, 0.5 PPR, 12 team H2H deep re-draft league, all TDs = 6 pts. Roster below (starting spots in brackets):

QB (2) - Tony Romo, Colin Kaepernick, Shaun Hill, Michael Vick, Johnny Manziel
RB/FLEX (2) - DeMarco Murray, Doug Martin, Zac Stacy, Jeremy Miller, Carlos Hyde, Mark Ingram, Knile Davis
WR (4) - Calvin Johnson, Alshon Jeffrey, Michael Crabtree, Victor Cruz, TY Hilton
TE (2) - Rob Gronkowski, Martellus Bennett, Austin Seferian-Jenkins
K (2) - Shayne Graham, Steven Hauschka
DEF (2) - Cleveland, New Orleans
IDP (4) - Lavonte David, Jared Mayo, Alec Ogletree, Curtis Lofton

#2 Cmilne23

Cmilne23

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,020 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:14 AM

I like his spot in the lineup (2 hole) behind Span, and in front of Harper. Should provide a really nice OBP, some good runs and 15-20 SB's. I don't know how to project his power given that he literally showed none all season last year. I would say he should be good for 15-20 HR's but that is still a big question mark. He is coming at a very nice price though. Could be the cheapest 15-15 you can find while still providing you value in OBP and elsewhere. I am targeting him late.

#3 motown magic

motown magic

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:22 AM

Worth-Less Very overrated !!!! For his draft position

Edited by motown magic, 08 March 2013 - 11:23 AM.

#4 Cmilne23

Cmilne23

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • 11,020 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:27 AM

Think before you speak. He is the 53rd average picked outfielder right now. His ADP is 215. How is that overrated for his draft position? I challenge you to explain that to us.

Edited by Cmilne23, 08 March 2013 - 11:27 AM.

#5 ludawg23

ludawg23

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • 11,938 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:52 AM

Big time value this season. His best days are certainly behind him but his wrist injury last season made him a forgotten man. He came back to hit .300 with little power but I chalk that up to a balky wrist. He looks healthy now and hits 2nd in a great line-up. I think he's capable of putting up 20-15.

2014 12 team 5x5 H2H League - Runner up!

2014 14 team 0.5 PPR League

QB - Rodgers

RB - Bradshaw, Tate, Asiata, Vereen, SJAX, Pierce, Rainey

WR - Julio, Steve "Ice Up, Son!" Smith, Boldin

TE - Kelce, Miller

K - Parker

DEF - Stream City

#6 BkNets2012

BkNets2012

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,675 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:09 PM

What u guys think of werth compare to the Colby Rasmus n aoki would u take werth over them
Espn Fanasty Baseball 10 Team H2H League Redraft (12-3)

C: Jonathan Lucroy
1B: Edwin Encarnacion
2B: Jose Altuve
3B: Evan Longoria
SS: Alexi Ramirez
2B/SS: Martin Prado
1B/3B: Pedro Alverez
OF: Justin Upton, Matt Holiday, Giancarlo Stanton, Starling Marte, Dominic Brown
UTIL: Lenonys Martin
Bench: Brandon Belt

SP: David Price, Zack Grienke, Shelby Miller, Ervin Santana , Jeff Locke, Mike Leake, Bartolo Colon,   DL: Alex Cobb

#7 bigge2win

bigge2win

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:46 PM

If Werth is healthy, I see similar numbers to Jason Heyward in 2012 without the steals.

#8 klove42

klove42

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,859 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:08 PM

Think before you speak. He is the 53rd average picked outfielder right now. His ADP is 215. How is that overrated for his draft position? I challenge you to explain that to us.

How can you be overrated for 53 OF and 215 ADP? you basically cant be. If he sucks then drop him and he didnt cost an early pick.
No Days Off

#9 Orion Braun

Orion Braun

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:30 PM

What u guys think of werth compare to the Colby Rasmus n aoki would u take werth over them

Take it to the B/C Forum. Clearly a team-specific question. And learn some punctuation while you are there.
No one cares about my teams...

#10 motown magic

motown magic

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:55 AM

Not everybody plays in a mixed league. Maybe I should have added that. I just think every year people expect him to produce . Has never had a 100 rbi season. I happen to think he and BJ Upton are two guys people draft MOST every year hoping for that big year and don't get it. Until last year Rios was another. I realize sometimes you have to gamble but how many times getting burned before you wake up?

#11 baltimore_boy

baltimore_boy

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,696 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:00 AM

Never been a big Werth fan, but I'm buying him this year. Between how late he is going and the strength of the lineup he is in, he'll definitely bring back great value.
Bring back Ray!

#12 Timmah!

Timmah!

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • 11,200 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:06 AM

Not everybody plays in a mixed league. Maybe I should have added that. I just think every year people expect him to produce . Has never had a 100 rbi season. I happen to think he and BJ Upton are two guys people draft MOST every year hoping for that big year and don't get it. Until last year Rios was another. I realize sometimes you have to gamble but how many times getting burned before you wake up?

Who's calling for Werth to drive in 100? Who thought he was going to keep producing career years after leaving Philly? I seem to recall the consensus of lesser numbers after the move, to be honest and no demands for 35 homers/20 steals like his best year here.

If you're getting him in the late rounds (which the ADP suggests), the 20 homers/15 steals and roughly 150 runs + RBI he could get make him nice value, not overrated.
SoB Tifo ~ AD FINEM FIDELIS ~ Bearfight Brigade

"Oh, you can't scare me, I'm stickin' to the Union!"

#13 yoda

yoda

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,985 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:45 AM

Werth's MDP of 185 indicates that he is a bargain. Still, his best days are clearly behind him and the lack of power after returning from his wrist injury is concerning.
www. drafttracker.net

#14 OrangeCrush

OrangeCrush

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,876 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:35 AM

http://fantasysource...ft-jayson-werth

#15 klove42

klove42

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,859 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:26 AM

I got this guy at around pick 250 in my draft two nights ago... I think this is great value.
No Days Off

#16 Coach George

Coach George

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:32 AM

I have Werth in 2 out of 3 leagues. I was definitely happy to land him where I did in both drafts. The potential power\speed combo in that lineup spot could be very valuable. No one should be so heavily invested that we can't cut bait if he ends up being lousy.

The power concerns are legitimate, but I think he's got a lot going for him. He's making too much money for the Nats to bench him.

I think .280 - 15 HRs - 20 steals - 165 R\RBI combined is definitely possible.

#17 GJDHouse

GJDHouse

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:38 AM

He is the one guy that is consistently undervalued in drafts. I snagged him late as well and would be very surprised if he doesn't return OF3 value. 20/10 with great counting stats. Should drive in 70-80 and should score close to a 100 with Harper/Zimmerman/Laroche behind him.

#18 Coach George

Coach George

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:07 PM

I see why he's cheap...the injury risk is obviously a problem, but I also think that he's going waaaay too late in drafts. He's going outside the top 200 in many leagues. The talent is there...the playing time is there and he's sitting in the catbird's seat with all that talent behind him.

#19 novaeagles21

novaeagles21

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:44 PM

I see no reason not to take a later flier on this guy (got him round 25), unless you really need the roster spot elsewhere. Worst case scenario, he is not very good, you cut your (minimal) losses and if he finds his form again, snag him back off waivers.
12 Team H2H (AVG, OPS, R, HR, RBI, NSB, RC - IP, K, W, QS, ERA, WHIP, K/9, SV)

C:   Salvador Perez
1B: Anthony Rizzo
2B: Chase Utley
3B: Mike Moustakas
SS: Elvis Andrus
OF:   Mike Trout
OF:   Justin Upton
OF:   Yoenis Cespedes
UTIL: Carlos Gomez
Bench : Ryan Howard, Martin Prado, Oscar Taveras

P:   Felix Hernandez, Matt Moore, Jon Lester, Jeff Samardzija, Alex Cobb, Julio Teheran, David Phelps, Andrew Cashner
RP:   Greg Holland, Ernesto Frieri, Bobby Parnell, Heath Bell, David Hernandez
DL:   Michael Pineda, Cory Luebke

#20 el_Mantico

el_Mantico

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:42 PM

Has never had a 100 rbi season.

I know 99 is not 100, but c'mon. Anybody would take this guys 2009 -2010 stats for their starting OF. Obviously his 2011 was a disappointment, but he's hitting in a much better lineup with much less pressure
Yahoo 10-team mixed H2H playoffs - AVG, OPS, R, RBI, HR, SB / W, K, ERA, WHIP, SV, QS
C - Ramos, 1B - Teixeira, 2B - Dee Gordon, SS - Desmond, 3B - EE (DL), OF1 - Trout, OF2 - Cruz, OF3 - J. Hamilton, OF4 - Polanco, Util - Duda, CI - Moss, MI - Betts

DL - Liriano, NA - K. Bryant

SP: Strasburg, Tanaka, Teheran, Darvish, Kazmir, Zimmerman, Stroman
RP: Jansen, Rosenthal, Chapman, Doolittle, Nathan

Yahoo 12-team mixed roto - AVG, OPS, R, RBI, HR, SB / W%, K, ERA, WHIP, SV, HLD - 1225 Max IP
C - Lucroy, 1B - J. Abreu, 2B - Altuve, SS - D. Gordon, 3B - Donaldson, OF1 - Moss, OF2 - Gomez, OF3 - JD Martinez, OF4 - Polanco, Util - Viciedo, IF - Chissenhall

Bench - M. Betts

DL - Gattis, Beckett

SP: Tanaka, Wainwright, Cobb, Stroman, Simon
RP: Jansen, Doolittle, Soria, Grilli, Clippard, W. Davis