508 replies to this topic

#1 Ryan81

Ryan81

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:33 AM

So Peyton has returned to form. 94/1434/10. I think this guys floor will be about what he had last year with the possibility for more TDs.

How far do you think this guy will fall? I'm thinking Megatron, AJ Green, Marshall, and Julio will be ranked ahead of him for sure with the possibility of Dez, Andre Johnson and maybe Welker and Harvin going before him in ppr leagues if they get their stuff worked out. I think this guy could be a big bargain in the 3rd round going 25th to 30th overall.

I'll have him as the #4 WR on my board behind Megatron, Green, and Marshall and will hope to snag him in the 3rd.

"Sometimes you get the bear; sometimes the bear gets you." -Clay Othic

RotoWorld Mock Real League - 14 team, .5 PPR, 6 point passing TDs(4-2, 1st place)
QB: Philip Rivers
RB1: Ahmad Bradshaw
RB2: Reggie Bush
WR1: Dez Bryant
WR2: Jordy Nelson
W/R/T: Alshon Jeffery
W/R/T: Mohammed Sanu
TE: Jason Witten
DST: Streaming
Bench: Jeremy Hill, Pierre Thomas, Antone Smith, Travaris Cadet, James Starks, Eric Ebron

#2 cbe_88

cbe_88

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:00 AM

Megatron, AJ Green, Marshall and Julio are the only guys that can contend with his stud WR1 status. Harvin and especially Welker/Andre are in completely different tiers.

I'd be more than happy with him as my WR1, a young and great talent who has peyton at the helm. All over this guy, it's between he and Julio who I prefer with my 2nd round pick.

DT won't even come close to sniffing the 3rd round in real drafts, with majority of leagues having multiple owners willing to pounce on him in the early 2nd. DT even in the late 2nd will prove as a bargain, since he'll normally be taken 14-15th overall.

#3 RotoRaysfan

RotoRaysfan

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,836 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:07 AM

As a D-Train owner, I'd probably put him behind Bryant and the big 3, maybe Harvin in PPR, if his situation becomes clearer. But yeah, those are the elite guys. The thing is, with Peyton back, no one is going to let him fall too far.

Football PPR 2014 - Cutler, L. Bell, R. Jennings, Dez, Marshall, V-Jax, Justin Hunter, Quick, Rudolph, HOU DST. D-Thomas fan club member.
Dynasty 2014 - Romo, E. Lacy, Gore, T. Gerhart, C-Michael, J. McKinnon, D-Train, K. Allen, R. White, M. Evans, D. Adams, B. Quick, J. Graham, L. Green, HOU DST.

Been a blast everyone - take care, and remember to abide by the CoC, and to help your fellow community out - it's what's made the Forum community great!

P.S. My passion is primarily FBB - you'd LOL at my football track record!

#4 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:42 PM

the guy was a stud WR with tebow throwing to him at the end of 2011.
top 5 WR in 2013 worth a late 1/early 2 [don't argue, it depends on league size].

i'd gladly have him as my top WR and I guess he's not "injury prone" anymore?

#5 Rob_P

Rob_P

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:29 PM

Tier 1 is Calvin

Then I have a group of Tier 2 guys which includes him.
Dez, Green, Marshall, Demariyus, Percy, and Julio

Dez was the second best WR in fantasy last year and Percy was leading the pack not long before his injury so I cannot imagine a logical reason not to include them in the group. Of the Tier 2 group, I have no idea who will be at the front of that line and who will be at the back...none of us do but barring injury, I would guess all these guys are a lock to be in the top 10 along with a few surprises that occur every year.

#6 Ryan81

Ryan81

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:11 PM

I'm pretty optimistic that he can slide. last year I saw Marshall, Green, and Julio slide to that range often enough and was able to snag Marshall at 27th overall. Every draft is different so who knows.

RotoWorld Mock Real League - 14 team, .5 PPR, 6 point passing TDs(4-2, 1st place)
Bench: Jeremy Hill, Pierre Thomas, Antone Smith, Travaris Cadet, James Starks, Eric Ebron

#7 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,327 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:20 PM

I'd rather have him than Brandon Marshall (just barely though) next year I think. I expect CHI to likely acquire a TE that they'll actually use, and for that TE and Alshon Jeffery to eat into some of Marshall's TDs.
2014 Rotoworld Mock Draft Real League - 14-Team 0.5 PPR + ALL TDs = 6PTs:

_____STARTING LINEUP_______________.............._____BENCH_______________________
QB : Matthew Stafford.......(03.13)............. WR - Malcom Floyd.........(14.14)
RB1: Montee Ball............(01.13)............. WR - John Brown...........(UD.FA)
RB2: Arian Foster...........(01.11)............. WR - Cody Latimer.........(13.09)
WR1: Brian Quick............(14.08)............. RB - Toby Gerhart.........(02.02)
WR2: Allen Hurns............(UD.FA)............. RB - Bernard Pierce.......(07.14)
TE : Kyle Rudolph...........(06.02)............. RB - Latavius Murray......(13.12)
FLEX1: Justin Forsett.......(UD.FA)............. RB - Devonta Freeman......(09.01)
FLEX2: Steven Jackson.......(04.02)............. RB - CJ Anderson..........(09.11)

#8 Ryan81

Ryan81

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:08 PM

I'd rather have him than Brandon Marshall (just barely though) next year I think. I expect CHI to likely acquire a TE that they'll actually use, and for that TE and Alshon Jeffery to eat into some of Marshall's TDs.

I feel like the Bears will have to score more on offense. So yes, others might get more TDs but I expect Marshall to still be a top wideout. They won't be able to count on their defense scoring 2 TDs every week like last year.

As for Thomas, I have him as my 4th WR behind Megatron, Green, and Marshall. All of those are targeted a lot and have good chemistry going with their QB. I would have to rank Dez closely in 5th, Percy in 6th then Julio.

#9 Ribobizert

Ribobizert

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:50 PM

i think the keys to Demaryius' value is peyton manning playing & his own health. He has all the tools of the elites: size, speed, hands, & ability to beat double teams. To me he has a really high floor but a limited ceiling due to Peyton being a great QB that throws to the open man and having Decker, a legit WR talent, playing the opposite side. Don't get me wrong he's near the top but clearly behind Megatron, AJ, & Dez.

Edited by Ribobizert, 10 March 2013 - 09:53 PM.

#10 Ryan81

Ryan81

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:49 PM

i think the keys to Demaryius' value is peyton manning playing & his own health. He has all the tools of the elites: size, speed, hands, & ability to beat double teams. To me he has a really high floor but a limited ceiling due to Peyton being a great QB that throws to the open man and having Decker, a legit WR talent, playing the opposite side. Don't get me wrong he's near the top but clearly behind Megatron, AJ, & Dez.

With Dez, you have to worry if he's going to be suspended for hitting his mom. Which lowers him a few spots imo.

#11 .papagino88

.papagino88

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:13 AM

Yeah, I wouldn't include Dez in the top tier of WR production. He seems to be a head-case, and his inconsistent production reflects that. He has a high ceiling, but often ends up mopping the floor.

Big 3: C. Johnson, B. Marshall, A.J. Green.

D. Thomas falls in the second tier of WR's. Along with guys like Bryant, Harvin, Welker, Julio, ect...

12-Team PPR

QB: A. Luck

RB: M. Ball

RB: G. Bernard

WR: K. Allen

WR. A. Johnson

TE: G. Graham

FLEX: A. Bradshaw

FLEX: K. Benjamin

Bench: L. Miller, M. Jones, M. Jones-Drew, A. Robinson, J. Gordon, B. Oliver

#12 Ribobizert

Ribobizert

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:43 AM

With Dez, you have to worry if he's going to be suspended for hitting his mom. Which lowers him a few spots imo.

Are you saying that you don't have faith in Dez's current set of bodyguards? Cause i'm sure Jerry has a big enough pocket book to hire Kevin Costner to join in Operation: Protecting Dez from Himself- word on the street is he's looking for work because he's still paying off his debts from Waterworld.

But in all seriousness either Bryant matured this season or more likely his bodyguards kept him on track. When they announced that last season i am happy that i moved Dez up my draft boards as I have friends that club it up in Dallas and can attest to him being beyond Gronkness. Once Romo decided to start being semi-competent and stop being a turnover machine Dez went off.

#13 J.T. Marlin

J.T. Marlin

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:04 PM

Still can't see the Welker addition not having a noticeable impact on DT's stats. Decker is plenty talented and isn't just a slot WR. It's likely that he takes away some of the deep looks & catches that DT got in 2012. DT's still a safe bet for solid production but I wouldn't take him over BMarsh, AJ, Dez & Julio and am liking Fitz, Percy, VJax & Crabtree before him at this point.

#14 cbe_88

cbe_88

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:26 PM

My first reaction was that DT was going to be just fine despite Welker coming to town, and Decker was really the only one that would suffer, but now I'm starting to get skeptical. Are Decker Welker and DT just going to switch off blow-up games and be inconsistent otherwise?

I'm still thinking DT likely remains a stud as Peyton no1 favorite option, but Welker has me thinking...I do hope this helps DT slip to the 3rd round in August

#15 Ryan81

Ryan81

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:12 AM

My first reaction was that DT was going to be just fine despite Welker coming to town, and Decker was really the only one that would suffer, but now I'm starting to get skeptical. Are Decker Welker and DT just going to switch off blow-up games and be inconsistent otherwise?

I'm still thinking DT likely remains a stud as Peyton no1 favorite option, but Welker has me thinking...I do hope this helps DT slip to the 3rd round in August

Same here. I'm not liking any of these WRs unless they fall.

#16 Winky

Winky

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,426 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:35 AM

Welker helps to keep the chains moving... meaning more offensive plays altogether on the offense.
I do think Decker is more affected than DT, but I agree with the notion that any of the three could go off in any given week.
Figure Manning is good for 4500 yards and 30+ TDs next season... break it down that way and there's plenty of stats to go around.
I am keeping DT in that high-end tier behind Megatron.
This post is rated "G".

#17 petekrum

petekrum

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:37 AM

Welker helps to keep the chains moving... meaning more offensive plays altogether on the offense.
I do think Decker is more affected than DT, but I agree with the notion that any of the three could go off in any given week.
Figure Manning is good for 4500 yards and 30+ TDs next season... break it down that way and there's plenty of stats to go around.
I am keeping DT in that high-end tier behind Megatron.

Smart. A high powered passing offense can easily feed three mouths.
The boar runs from the tiger.
It is not cowardice. It is love of life.

#18 zshawn

zshawn

Single-A

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:01 PM

Does DT's value go down with the addition of Welker? On one hand it helps him but on the other hand, it's another mouth to feed. I think his value goes down slightly. Don't forget Stokley and Tamme also. Out of Decker, DT, and Welker, DT contains the highest upside.

#19 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:07 PM

stokley and tamme are irrelevant. if anyone's numbers take a hit it's decker. thomas is the best WR on this team, top 10 option regardless.

#20 Ryan81

Ryan81

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:52 PM

DT's value will take a slight hit, Welker should still be a top 15 WR in ppr in my books. Decker will take the biggest hit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users