Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

- - - - -

Does this happen to you guys?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 FUM

FUM

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,422 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:52 PM

Can someone please tell me why the eff my "elite" goalies seem to give up a goal so early on games?   I swear Rask, Rinne and Schneider give up goals in the the first 2 minutes like once a week.   How can a God that doesn't exist, hate me so much?
Rotoworld Forums' Official Badass with 6 warning points.

Most of what I post is for giggles.  Please do not take me seriously when I'm venting about a pitcher that just got bombed or a hitter in a 2 for 20 slump.  It's all for effect and trying to make all my fellow rotoheads chuckle, so don't be "that guy", yeah you know what I'm talking about.

#2 FUM

FUM

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,422 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:55 PM

And of course now they are down 2-0 and Lucic is on the ice for both goals for a big fat -2  FML.

And the bruins have no shots.  What a wash.

Most of what I post is for giggles.  Please do not take me seriously when I'm venting about a pitcher that just got bombed or a hitter in a 2 for 20 slump.  It's all for effect and trying to make all my fellow rotoheads chuckle, so don't be "that guy", yeah you know what I'm talking about.

#3 gameover413

gameover413

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:04 AM

Calm down dude, Rask settled in nicely and they won! people need to RELAX
2014 Fantasy Baseball 12tm h2h 6x6 scoring
R, HR, RBI, SB, BB, AVG  W, QS, SV, K, WHIP, ERA

C - Perez
1b - Chris Davis*
2b - Danny Santana
SS - Desmond
3b - Beltre*
OF - Stanton *,Ellsbury, Heyward, (DL- Pollack)
UTIL - Rajai Davis
UTIL - Myers

SP - MadBum, Strasburg*, Cobb, Arrieta, Samardzija*, Hammel, Duffy, Eovaldi, Pineda (N/A - Milone)
RP - Doolittle, Perkins, Chapman, McGee

traded Wily Peralta for Chris Davis
traded Kipnis, Machado, Alex Wood for Beltre, Samardzija
traded Yelich for CarGo (DL'd)

#4 FUM

FUM

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,422 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:34 AM

View Postgameover413, on 12 March 2013 - 08:04 AM, said:

Calm down dude, Rask settled in nicely and they won! people need to RELAX

Honestly, was surrendering a goal 55 seconds in to a team decimated by injuries really necessary?   I don't need a coronary watching hockey!

#5 .papagino88

.papagino88

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:53 PM

FUM,

This happens to everyone.

A goalie is not judged by how many seconds it takes to let in a goal. That's why we have save percentage and GAA - to help you evaluate a goalie by goalie skills. Goalies are absolutely dependent on their teams for good performance.

Often goals are not the fault of the goaltender. Even the ones you see within 55 seconds of the puck drop.

When Rinne let's in 4 goals on 10 shots one night, you continue starting him. He gets the benefit of the doubt because his goalie skills are too high - he has too high a ceiling - to bench regardless of seconds, minutes, or hours without a goal.

Edited by .papagino88, 12 March 2013 - 04:54 PM.