Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo

How to setup lineup to account for utility player

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 cbones1979

cbones1979

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:13 PM

My 2nd time asking this...

the Utility can be anyone. How do i setup lineup requirements to account for 2 utility spots and assure those players (when drafted) are accounted for in the cumulative team stats within the draft master?

#2 Draft Master

Draft Master

Superstar

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:19 PM

You will have to use the Start Min and Start Max columns in the League Setup Wizard. They should look like:

Starters: 8
POS MIN MAX
QB 1 2
RB 2 3
WR 2 3
TE 1 2
DT 1 1
K 1 1

#3 Need2goWipe

Need2goWipe

Single-A

• Probationary Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:54 PM

How would you set up this line-up
QB: 1
RB: 1 or 2
WR/TE: 3 or 4 (Depending on your RB starters)
K: 1
DEF: 1
If I use the utility WR/TE the scoring configuration doesn't show up and the rankings are completely out of whack!

#4 Draft Master

Draft Master

Superstar

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:02 PM

How would you set up this line-up
QB: 1
RB: 1 or 2
WR/TE: 3 or 4 (Depending on your RB starters)
K: 1
DEF: 1
If I use the utility WR/TE the scoring configuration doesn't show up and the rankings are completely out of whack!

You could try:
1 1 QB
1 2 RB
1 3 WR
1 3 TE
1 1 K
1 1 DEF

If you want to force a TE. Or:
1 1 QB
1 2 RB
1 4 WR
0 3 TE
1 1 K
1 1 DEF

If you dont care to have a TE.

#5 Need2goWipe

Need2goWipe

Single-A

• Probationary Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:49 PM

Interesting stuff happening. I used the following initially:

1 1 QB
1 2 RB
0 3 WR
0 3 TE
1 1 K
1 1 DEF

Then I imported the baseline results of my last years draft (QB: 2.06/ RB: 4.00/ WR: 4.00/ TE: 1.44/ DT: 1.23/ K: 1.00) and everything appeared everything squared away and reasonable (btw I switch between both of your suggestions, but there was no change in the rankings).

After I finished, I went back into the advance settings changed the Roster set-up to show:

1 1 QB
1 2 RB
0 0 WR
0 0 TE
1 1 K
1 1 DEF
3 4 WR/TE

When I did this Jimmy Graham jumped from the #9 spot to the #2. Then after I clicked "finished" and when back in the slider on the "player value set-up" averaged out the sliders from when I using WR and TE seperately (creating a WR/TE slider). The jump makes since because TE are awarded 1.5 PPR vs. WR earning 1 PPR and RB earning .5 PPR.

I don't necessary have a problem with the rankings I just found this very interesting. Now if only when I did the Mock Draft, DM would draft the TEs in this set up...but that been a seperate problem over the years.

I've been using Draft Master for almost 6 years. I love it because I can add custom scoring some of the other Draft software out there can't. I feel this gives me the best advantage to ID those players with the best value for my league and scoring format.

Do you have a suggestion for a Player Value set-up for just a standard scoring system (6 pt TDs across all positions)? I seem to be leaning towards the Average Player set-up the Keeper league suggestions seem to extreme...

Thanks...

#6 Draft Master

Draft Master

Superstar

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:04 AM

Why don't you email me your leagueName.xml file and I will take a look at the value settings given your league size and settings.

#7 Need2goWipe

Need2goWipe

Single-A

• Probationary Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:48 PM

I sent you my .xml file. Take a look and let me know...thanks!