678 replies to this topic

#1 Phatpanda

Phatpanda

Double-A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:50 PM

Now that Jennings has signed with Vikings I am officially on the Cobb hype train. They have taken him off special teams to focus on offense. Top 15 WR in my opinion. What do you project his stat line to look like this year as Rodgers #1 option? I see a line similar to Cruz 85-1100-10. Add in some rushing yards and his floor is looking pretty damn good this year. Thoughts?

#2 Rob_P

Rob_P

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:21 PM

I think he was a top 15 WR last year so I am expecting more. If he stays healthy, I think 85 catches is conservative. Everything else looks about right

#3 Deadpool

Deadpool

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,485 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:26 PM

I think he was a top 15 WR last year so I am expecting more. If he stays healthy, I think 85 catches is conservative. Everything else looks about right

I don't know.

With Nelson, Jones, and Cobb needing touches, can we really count on all 3 guys to be elite? Or is everyone thinking Cobb is the one guy from the group to lead the Pack?

Edited by Deadpool, 15 March 2013 - 07:26 PM.

12 Team Keeper, 0.5 PPR, All TDs = 6 pta
QB: Matthew Stafford, Mark Sanchez
RB: Eddie Lacy, Giovani Bernard, Mark Ingram, Chris Ivory, Jonas Gray
WR: Josh Gordon, Roddy White, Odell Beckham Jr, Vincent Jackson
TE: Jimmy Graham, Rob Gronkowski

#4 Phatpanda

Phatpanda

Double-A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:31 PM

He was the 18th ranked WR in my leagues last year. So maybe a top 12 finish is a possibility.

#5 Phatpanda

Phatpanda

Double-A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:38 PM

I don't know.

With Nelson, Jones, and Cobb needing touches, can we really count on all 3 guys to be elite? Or is everyone thinking Cobb is the one guy from the group to lead the Pack?

I don't think Jones will have the same type of year. I can't see him matching the 14 TDs he had this year. I do think Nelson will bounce back but Cobb will be the guy to own. Rodgers seems to trust him and they will move him all over the field to create mismatches. I expect more big plays out of him too. For a guy with that much speed and agility he didn't quite break many big plays.

#6 JaNelson38

JaNelson38

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:42 PM

What happens with Jermichael Finley is as much or more important to Cobb than Jennings. Finley and Cobb will operate in the same area of the field.

The big winner in Jennings leaving is James Jones. We all saw what he can do last year on the outside full-time while Jennings was hurt.
  • Robrain likes this

#7 RMJ_12

RMJ_12

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:32 AM

What happens with Jermichael Finley is as much or more important to Cobb than Jennings. Finley and Cobb will operate in the same area of the field.

The big winner in Jennings leaving is James Jones. We all saw what he can do last year on the outside full-time while Jennings was hurt.

jermichael finley is the most overrated TE in the league and has zero affect on cobb what-so-ever

#8 ILoveArt

ILoveArt

Double-A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:36 AM

They have taken him off special teams to focus on offense.

I suspected as much since it makes sense, but I have not seen anything official yet. Do you know who will replace him?

#9 RMJ_12

RMJ_12

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:21 AM

I suspected as much since it makes sense, but I have not seen anything official yet. Do you know who will replace him?

not official but looking good

Coach Mike McCarthy "hopes" Randall Cobb won't be playing special teams in 2013.
Cobb is set to take over the starting slot receiver spot with free agent Greg Jennings moving on, and the Packers want to be careful not to expose him to extra hits in the return game. Fellow receiver Jeremy Ross could be the early favorite to replace Cobb on returns. This will help Cobb's fantasy value.

#10 Ryan81

Ryan81

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:36 PM

I have real high hopes for this guy in ppr.

Expecting 90/1400/11.

I may even reach for this guy in late 2nd if I have to.

$50 12 Team PPR, 8-1

QB: Philip Rivers

RB1: Arian Foster

RB2: Ahmad Bradshaw

WR1: Megatron

WR2: Jordy Nelson

W/R/T: Jeremy Maclin

TE: Rob Gronkowski

Bench: Adrian Peterson, Josh Gordon, Shane Vereen, Jeremy Hill, Travis Kelce, Martavis Bryant

#11 petekrum

petekrum

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:49 PM

My worry is that with Jones and Nelson all three will be good but no one will be great, and that from week to week you'll never know which one will go off.
  • Robrain likes this
The boar runs from the tiger.
It is not cowardice. It is love of life.

#12 Maligator

Maligator

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:06 PM

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=xSYto2CbY9c
12 Team PPR (4) Keeper $

QB: Robert Griffin III
RB: Arian Foster
WR: Julio Jones
WR: Randall Cobb

#13 Deadpool

Deadpool

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,485 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:31 PM

My worry is that with Jones and Nelson all three will be good but no one will be great, and that from week to week you'll never know which one will go off.

The other problem is, they all may have similar production, why draft Cobb in the 2nd when you can draft the other two later for much better value?
  • Robrain likes this

#14 Doctor L

Doctor L

On the Ballot

• Banned
  • 3,796 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:55 PM

I'd expect him to do something similar to Percy Harvin minus the injuries hopefully. He's a good receiving/running threat.

#15 Ryan81

Ryan81

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:57 PM

I don't see James Jones being a big threat, minus his TDs, he wasn't that impressive. He hit the 75 yard mark 3 times last year.

$50 12 Team PPR, 8-1

QB: Philip Rivers

RB1: Arian Foster

RB2: Ahmad Bradshaw

WR1: Megatron

WR2: Jordy Nelson

W/R/T: Jeremy Maclin

TE: Rob Gronkowski

Bench: Adrian Peterson, Josh Gordon, Shane Vereen, Jeremy Hill, Travis Kelce, Martavis Bryant

#16 Maligator

Maligator

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:32 PM

https://www.profootb...option-in-2013/
  • Ryan81 likes this
12 Team PPR (4) Keeper $

#17 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,805 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:27 AM

I think Rodgers is going to spread the ball around too much to have a ton of certainty in any one WR going into the season. We've seen it before with the Packers and other teams like the Saints.

I wouldn't be surprised for Finley, Rodgers, Kuhn, and DuJuan Harris to all vulture some scores, and whoever ends up with the longer TDs from week to week can't really be predicted since we know all three (Jordy, Jones, and Cobb) can make those happen.

It's not so much that I'm concerned about Cobb, but as someone said, I'm not in love with him enough to really strongly consider taking him in the 2nd round over a guy like Larry Fitzgerald or Julio Jones.

Definitely think his production in PPR will be a good clip better than in standard leagues, especially without the return game if he's pulled off special teams to avoid the chance of a freak injury.

I'm honestly a bit lukewarm on him compared to a lot of you guys, but it's mainly the "uncertainty" inherent with a lot of the heavier passing offenses (so many options it's hard to be confident that your guy will be THE guy week-to-week).

" I see a line similar to Cruz 85-1100-10. Add in some rushing yards and his floor is looking pretty damn good this year. Thoughts?"

Pretty much that. I'm not projecting him for anything close to Cruz's breakout 1,500+ yard season, but I could totally see 1,100 yards. Though the TDs may be wildly inconsistent/vary. He could do as much as 1,300 yards receiving, but I think we'll see him used a lot more on creative-type plays this season. Tough for me to really say.

I could see drafting this guy in the late 3rd, or the 4th round. Feel like that would be pretty good value for him, 5th would feel like a little bit of a steal, 6th would be a steal for sure in either standard or PPR scoring (12-team).

There's just so many good receivers, and quite a few Elite ones as well, that it's hard to make an argument for drafting him so so high in the 2nd round. You'd have to be all-in on him to go through with that, imo. And I'm not all-in on him just yet.

I'd rather grab a RB in Round 2 while there's still some decent ones available, unless I'm taking a WR I'm absolutely sure on (which is a VERY short list - Megatron, Fitzgerald, B. Marshall...maybe not even B. Marshall unless it's a PPR league).

There's going to be a TON of WR's available again in Rounds 3-8. I'd put Cobb fairly high up my list of WR's to draft, but not that high (2nd round).
  • Deadpool likes this

2014 Rotoworld Mock Draft Real League - 14-Team 0.5 PPR + ALL TDs = 6PTs:

_____STARTING LINEUP_______________.............._____BENCH_______________________
QB : Matthew Stafford.......(03.13)............. RB - Adrian Peterson......(01.03)
WR1: Malcom Floyd...........(14.14)............. RB - Matt Asiata..........(UD.FA)
WR2: Eddie Royal............(UD.FA)............. RB - Juwan Thompson.......(16.12)
RB1: Arian Foster...........(01.11)............. RB - Damien Williams......(16.10)
RB2: Eddie Lacy.............(01.05)............. RB - LaMichael James......(UD.FA)
FLEX1: RB Branden Oliver....(UD.FA)............. TE - Austin Sef-Jenkins...(UD.FA)
FLEX2: RB Steven Jackson....(04.02)............. WR - Donte Moncrief.......(UD.FA)
TE : Travis Kelce...........(15.12)............. WR/IR Marquess Wilson.....(UD.FA)

#18 SenatorSpaceman

SenatorSpaceman

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,928 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:09 PM

I don't know.

With Nelson, Jones, and Cobb needing touches, can we really count on all 3 guys to be elite?

I don't think anyone's expecting Jones to be elite. He'll be useful but it's terribly unlikely that he repeats his 2012 fantasy success.

I'm not really sure exactly what to expect from Nelson but, again, I don't think many people are qualifying him as elite right now.

Cobb is definitely the WR to own in Green Bay. He is a proven commodity and hasn't come anywhere close to his ceiling yet. I like the Harvin comparisons.

Jeremy Ross looked great on special teams last season when he was filling in for Cobb.

#19 Deadpool

Deadpool

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,485 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:37 PM

I don't know.

With Nelson, Jones, and Cobb needing touches, can we really count on all 3 guys to be elite?

I don't think anyone's expecting Jones to be elite. He'll be useful but it's terribly unlikely that he repeats his 2012 fantasy success.

I'm not really sure exactly what to expect from Nelson but, again, I don't think many people are qualifying him as elite right now.

Cobb is definitely the WR to own in Green Bay. He is a proven commodity and hasn't come anywhere close to his ceiling yet. I like the Harvin comparisons.

Jeremy Ross looked great on special teams last season when he was filling in for Cobb.

What makes Cobb a proven commodity coming off of one season vs Nelson? Nelson also had a huge 2011 before injuries last year (1200+ yards, 15 TD's).

#20 Maligator

Maligator

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:48 PM

2012 NFL Single-Season All-Purpose Yards Leader.

Edited by Maligator, 21 April 2013 - 05:49 PM.

12 Team PPR (4) Keeper $

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users