Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo

2013 March Madness

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 baltimore_boy

baltimore_boy

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,696 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:39 PM

Here's a link to the bracket.

Personally, March Madness is my favorite time of the year. With the field being as wide open as ever, this year should be especially exciting as it can go a number of different ways.

Any surprises or snubs?

Edited by baltimore_boy, 17 March 2013 - 06:39 PM.

Bring back Ray!

#2 baltimore_boy

baltimore_boy

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,696 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:48 PM

It may be time for John Thompson to give it up. His Georgetown teams do nothing but choke in the tournament. 5 consecutive years with losses to double digit seeds!
Bring back Ray!

#3 2Balls

2Balls

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,397 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:52 PM

It may be time for John Thompson to give it up. His Georgetown teams do nothing but choke in the tournament. 5 consecutive years with losses to double digit seeds!

That's an unbelievable streak! But his name will keep him employed.
Don't sleep on FGCU though...Sweet 16!

#4 baltimore_boy

baltimore_boy

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,696 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:04 PM

I'm rooting for them all the way. More impressively is the way they dominated Georgetown and San Diego State. I already busted my bracket so I'm just rooting for the smaller schools. Go FGCU, La Salle, and Wichita State!
Bring back Ray!

#5 2Balls

2Balls

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,397 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:23 AM

I'm rooting for them all the way. More impressively is the way they dominated Georgetown and San Diego State. I already busted my bracket so I'm just rooting for the smaller schools. Go FGCU, La Salle, and Wichita State!

Other than Michigan (who has a tough matchup with Kansas), I agree. That one kid on Florida Gulf Coast looks like a white Blake Griffin. Fun team to watch.
I told my son Gonzaga would be the first 1 to lose to a 16. I was close, and then they got bounced the following round. Worst 1 maybe ever. Had no business being that high. Nothing impressive on their schedule.

#6 baltimore_boy

baltimore_boy

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,696 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:22 AM

Other than Michigan (who has a tough matchup with Kansas), I agree. That one kid on Florida Gulf Coast looks like a white Blake Griffin. Fun team to watch.
I told my son Gonzaga would be the first 1 to lose to a 16. I was close, and then they got bounced the following round. Worst 1 maybe ever. Had no business being that high. Nothing impressive on their schedule.

There were a few questionable seedings this year. I would have swpped out Gonzaga and Miami for 1 and 2 seeds. People kept holding the loss to FGCU against Miami, but they are showing that wasn't a bad loss.

The biggest one to methough was Oregon getting a 12 seed. They were playing like a top team until Artis went out for a few games, and now that he is back, they are playing great again. They should've been a 7 or 8. UCLA shouldn't have been a 6 seed without Adams either. I don't really understand how Oregon beats UCLA multiple times and still gets double the seed.

Michigan should've been a 3 over Marquette. UNLV was very overrated as a 5 seed. I liked the MWC more than anyone (SDSU fan), but they shouldn't have been that high and Boise probably should've been left out.

This year seemed different because there weren't any big snubs, but the seeds seemed messed up.
Bring back Ray!

#7 malta69

malta69

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,644 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:34 PM

Let's go LaSalle!

(Class of '02 holllllaaa)

Edited by malta69, 26 March 2013 - 12:35 PM.

Bases...
2008 Extra Base Hit Dynasty League Champion - The Inaugural Season

Foots...
'06, '07, '08 & '09 Boozers & Losers League Champ

#8 baltimore_boy

baltimore_boy

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,696 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:03 PM

This is becoming a trend for Ohio State! 2 straight 3 pointers to win! First was Craft, then tonight was Ross. Who's it gonna be next!?
Bring back Ray!

#9 NyMetsfan5

NyMetsfan5

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,119 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:05 PM

Yo for real Cody zeller weak as hell. he needs to make some aggressive moves but he just soft af. Last night he got blocked multiple times while he could of just threw it down on Cuse. Your 7 feet tall and soft as hell. That gets me mad
[size=5]Die hard Ny Giants fan and Ny Knicks fan [/size]

"What do we need anybody for? We have Victor Cruz.”
-Coach Tom Coughlin

NFL Favorite Players; Victor Cruz and Cj Spiller
NBA favorite players: Carmelo Anthony(of course) and Damian Lillard (better than Kyrie when its all said and done), Giannis Antetokounmpo aka the Greek Freak

President of Matt Harvey Fan club(get well soon) and now an official MANBEARPUIG member Tee shirts coming soon

#RealDealWheeler

#10 baltimore_boy

baltimore_boy

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,696 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:27 AM

Florida Gulf Coast's improbably run finally ended last night. Still very impressive for a 15 seed to get that far, and much more impressive was the fact that it was a second year program.
Bring back Ray!

#11 baltimore_boy

baltimore_boy

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,696 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:04 PM

Really hard to watch the Ware injury for Louisville. Just nasty and sad to see a tournament bright spot for them go down. He was a solid distributor in the Colorado State game and started scoring against Oregon. Never good to see that happen to anyone.
Bring back Ray!

#12 Tarheels_2433

Tarheels_2433

I'm the Looks, the Brains, & the Wildcard!

• Moderators
  • 8,768 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:00 AM

Really hard to watch the Ware injury for Louisville. Just nasty and sad to see a tournament bright spot for them go down. He was a solid distributor in the Colorado State game and started scoring against Oregon. Never good to see that happen to anyone.

That was definitely one of the ugliest sports injuries I've seen, right up there with McGahee's...
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

#13 dzemens

dzemens

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,952 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:20 AM

That was definitely one of the ugliest sports injuries I've seen, right up there with McGahee's...

So glad I missed it.
"To be the man, you gotta beat the man!"

#14 baltimore_boy

baltimore_boy

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,696 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:17 AM

This probably doesn't really have to do with March Madness, but Andy Enfield shouldn't have left FGCU for USC. He only lost 1 senior and was set up for another tournament appearance next year and now people are aware that the school exists. I understand USC is a bigger market, but they aren't exactly a dream job. They haven't been relevant for years.
Bring back Ray!

#15 2Balls

2Balls

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,397 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:20 PM

Go Blue!!

#16 ludawg23

ludawg23

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,957 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:09 PM

Had no rooting interests last night but wow, spectacular final...really fun to watch.

2014 12 team 5x5 H2H League - Runner up!

2014 14 team 0.5 PPR League

QB - Rodgers

RB - Bradshaw, Tate, Vereen, SJAX, Brown

WR - Julio, Steve "Ice Up, Son!" Smith, Boldin, Sanu

TE - Kelce, Miller

K - Parker

DEF - Stream City