21 replies to this topic

#1 J.T. Marlin

J.T. Marlin

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:58 AM

Quietly landed in a great spot for his fantasy value as the TE has played an important role in the NYG offense.  This guy seemingly caught everything thrown his way in OAK and was solid in the RZ.  He's most likely going to be an afterthought come draft day and I could see him ranking outside the top 12 on most lists.  If I don't go Gronk or Graham in RD 2, I can see myself loading up at the other positions and taking Myers late to be my starting TE.

#2 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:06 PM

his stats were inflated by garbage time and the fact that OAK has nothing else reliable on offense.

should see plenty of single coverage but i doubt he sees more than 50 receptions/600 yards. he was their #1 target if bennett left but it was only a 1-year deal. pretty sure he was added more for being a reliable vet in case Adrien Robinson [very raw TE they took last year. "the JPP of TEs"] isn't ready rather than being a guy they'll utilize a lot. Robinson is considered the future at TE but there was no way they were going into the season with just robinson/pascoe at TE. pascoe's mediocre at best and robinson has a lot to prove - but all the talent in the world to take over the job at some point.

i like the move as a giants fan but nothing to get excited about for fantasy. Palmer force fed him the ball, Eli has plenty of other options.

i honestly wouldn't be surprised if Robinson took the job from him at some point. myers isn't much of a blocker and robinson's raw talent/size >>> myers.

Edited by rraayy3, 18 March 2013 - 12:09 PM.

#3 Ribobizert

Ribobizert

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:26 PM

View Postrraayy3, on 18 March 2013 - 12:06 PM, said:

his stats were inflated by garbage time and the fact that OAK has nothing else reliable on offense.

i like the move as a giants fan but nothing to get excited about for fantasy. Palmer force fed him the ball, Eli has plenty of other options.
Good break down on how Meyers put up his stats last season.

Not saying Meyers is garbage but NYG have had many more talented TEs in the past,  Shockey and Bennett come to mind.
Neither of those guys dominated as they weren't focal points in a run oriented offense and Eli is a pretty good QB that doesn't just dump off to a TE when he gets in trouble.  I've never been optimistic about Eli's fantasy value because he is limited by the Coughlin's belief in running the ball to set the table for the pass game.

Not a bad guy to target late, but given the Giants past I don't see a "break through" season for him.

#4 J.T. Marlin

J.T. Marlin

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:22 PM

Not saying that Myers will dominate but he will have as good a chance as many that will be drafted before him to put up 600 yards and 6-8 TD.  Myers had the best catch % of any TE with over 50 catches last season and am thinking that he will be a nice safety valve for Eli.

You guys are right though that the Giants TE have been nothing special for fantasy.  Over the last 5 seasons - 2012 Bennett (#14), 2011 JBallard (#17), 2010 KBoss (#16), 2009 KBoss (#15), 2008 KBoss (#13).  History does not suggest that Myers will be a reliable season long starting fantasy TE.

#5 cbe_88

cbe_88

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:26 PM

With Eli now throwing to him in a much better offense, sure-handed Myers is definitely on my radar. TE's in this offense can tend to be only mild producers in this offense, however. I'd pair him with a Jared Cook in STL or Marty B in CHI just to increase my chances of finding a TE1.

#6 Deadpool

Deadpool

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,938 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:38 PM

The problem is the Giants are high on Adrien Robinson, who they drafted last year.  They could siphon each other's production.
$$$ Keeper League - 12 Team 0.5 PPR, All TD's = 6 points
(11-2) Regular Season - 1st Place, Playoff Runner Up
QB: N. Foles
RB: E. Lacy, R. Bush, G. Bernard, S. Vereen, A. Brown, (L. Murray)
WR: C. Johnson, M. Wallace, J. Nelson, P. Harvin, J. Blackmon
TE: J. Graham, D. Pitta, (R. Gronkowski)

#7 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:45 PM

Dynasty owners should be watching Robinson like a hawk. I was gonna start a thread but they signed Myers so I wouldnt expect much from him this year

I do think he's the reason Myers was only signed for a year ... solid vet placeholder until he is ready.

Robinson is the complete package, just very inexperienced. He's the most talented TE Pope (TE coach) has had since Shockey and Pope has been turning scrubs into solid TEs for years (Ballard, Boss). Robinson has more talent than any of them - with 4.5 speed at 260+ pounds.

Myers isnt much of a blocker so its possible Robinson beats him out at some point. I like Myers but he's limited physically and Robinson is infinitely more talented.

#8 DocJ

DocJ

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:49 PM

This was a good move by the 'Gints but not for fantasy purposes, pass.
GO VIKES!!!!!!!

#9 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:52 PM

Exactly. Good football move, solid player, but he's not gonna see anywhere near the targets he got last year.
I will eat my Lawrence Taylor jersey if Myers comes anywhere close to the 79 receptions he had last year.

And the 1 year deal sure seems like a placeholder for Robinson rather than a guy being featured. Eli will make him look good, some team will overpay, and we'll do thid dance all over again  next year - hopefully with Robinson.

Just heard Reese on the radio - a lot of BS on the draft then mentioned Robinson being up to 280 and raving about the "flashes" he showed in practice.

I really wanna know how much they paid Myers because it sounds like he could be an h-back type in this offense with Robinson as the "starter". Giants value blocking from the TE - not a strong suit for Myers.

Edited by rraayy3, 18 March 2013 - 03:00 PM.

#10 Deadpool

Deadpool

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,938 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:21 PM

View Postrraayy3, on 18 March 2013 - 02:45 PM, said:

Dynasty owners should be watching Robinson like a hawk. I was gonna start a thread but they signed Myers so I wouldnt expect much from him this year

I do think he's the reason Myers was only signed for a year ... solid vet placeholder until he is ready.

Robinson is the complete package, just very inexperienced. He's the most talented TE Pope (TE coach) has had since Shockey and Pope has been turning scrubs into solid TEs for years (Ballard, Boss). Robinson has more talent than any of them - with 4.5 speed at 260+ pounds.

Myers isnt much of a blocker so its possible Robinson beats him out at some point. I like Myers but he's limited physically and Robinson is infinitely more talented.

Yeah, I have a feeling he could be a stud in the future.  Athletic freak of a TE.
$$$ Keeper League - 12 Team 0.5 PPR, All TD's = 6 points
(11-2) Regular Season - 1st Place, Playoff Runner Up
QB: N. Foles
RB: E. Lacy, R. Bush, G. Bernard, S. Vereen, A. Brown, (L. Murray)
WR: C. Johnson, M. Wallace, J. Nelson, P. Harvin, J. Blackmon
TE: J. Graham, D. Pitta, (R. Gronkowski)

#11 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:48 PM

I did it anyway. The more i think about myers the more i like robinson.

#12 pnoozi

pnoozi

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:36 PM

Why is this thread not showing up in results when I search "Brandon Myers" ???

Anyway with Myers I see a TE built more like a fullback.  He has very good hands but very little leaping ability.  He's average speed and average height.  According to Eli, he's a good route runner.

Sadly he doesn't look like a tremendous end zone target.

Edited by pnoozi, 31 August 2013 - 05:38 PM.

Check out the Highlights extension in the Chrome Web Store! Watch the most recent video highlights for your fantasy players, seamlessly integrated into your lineup page.

#13 bravesfan4life

bravesfan4life

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,001 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:55 PM

Has good, but misleading, numbers through 2 weeks. Being a TE in an Eli Manning pass first offense has its advantages but he was getting pushed around a lot today and wont offer much upside. Bye week fill-in in my opinion

#14 j0nny5iv3

j0nny5iv3

Single-A

• Probationary Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:24 AM

Yeah he got banged up week 2. Hope he has a turn around.
12Man/H2H/PPR

QB Colin Kaepernick, SF
RB Reggie Bush, Det
RB Trent Richardson, Cle
WR Marques Colston, NO
WR Jordy Nelson, GB
TE Charles Clay, Mia
FLEX Justin Blackmon, Jac
DP James Laurinaitis, StL
D/ST Carolina Panthers
K David Akers, Det

Bench
QB Eli Manning, NYG
TE Brandon Myers, NYG
RB Bernard Pierce, Bal
WR Michael Floyd, Ari
WR Marlon Brown, Bal
RB Ahmad Bradshaw, Ind

#15 Point Shaver

Point Shaver

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:04 AM

He's been good to me in PPR.

#16 SilentSentinel

SilentSentinel

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:09 AM

View Postrraayy3, on 18 March 2013 - 02:52 PM, said:

Exactly. Good football move, solid player, but he's not gonna see anywhere near the targets he got last year.
I will eat my Lawrence Taylor jersey if Myers comes anywhere close to the 79 receptions he had last year.

Too bad he got banned.

#17 kgizzle

kgizzle

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,695 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:26 AM

I hope he's good to go next week. Don't want to burn a steaming spot on him this early in season.

#18 Trip McNeely

Trip McNeely

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:23 AM

If he doesnt fall down he's got another TD this week. Eli targets him a ton, he's in on every down. Definitely an every week starter if he's healthy.

#19 BronXBombers51

BronXBombers51

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:14 AM

Is this guy a bum or are you holding out hope for a turnaround? He looks like the cream of the crop on FA right now and I'll be damned if I start Jared Cook again.

#20 fakesportsguy

fakesportsguy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:47 AM

View PostBronXBombers51, on 09 October 2013 - 07:14 AM, said:

Is this guy a bum or are you holding out hope for a turnaround? He looks like the cream of the crop on FA right now and I'll be damned if I start Jared Cook again.

He is a bum. Basically an offensive lineman for the Giants now and he isn't even blocking good.
Yahoo 5x5 H2H Daily 10 team League

C - Posey
1B - Napoli
2B - Pedroia
SS - Zobrist
3B - Cabrera
OF- Holliday, Hamilton, Puig
Util - Freeman

Bench -  Reynolds, Jennings, Crisp, Crawford(DL)

SP- Cliff Lee, Zimmermann, Shelby Miller, Minor, Cobb, Santana, Greinke, Garza, Cole, Cashner, Pineda(DL)

RP- Rivera, Gregg

Note: I have a yearly move limit that's why some of the crappy guys are still on my bench.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users