Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
- - - - -

Marcus Lattimore 2013 Outlook

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
56 replies to this topic

#1 petekrum

petekrum

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:33 AM

How do you view this guy? Probably won't contribute this year, but in a dynasty he could be worth a look.

Edited by petekrum, 21 March 2013 - 09:34 AM.

The boar runs from the tiger.
It is not cowardice. It is love of life.

#2 sasnumberonefan

sasnumberonefan

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:38 AM

I'd really have to see what team he ends up on, but in a vacuum, I think he provides great upside in a dynasty league.
FFB 12 Team Standard 4 Keeper lose the draft pick the keeper was taken in
QB: Romo RB: Ogbonnaya, Pierre Thomas WR: Brandon Marshall, Jordy Nelson, Josh Gordon (K, 16th) TE: Jimmy Graham (K, 3rd) D/ST: New England K: Nick Folk Bench: Percy Harvin (K, FA) Justin Blackmon (K, FA) Toby Gerhart, Darren Sproles, Andre Brown, Danny Amendola

#3 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:17 PM

Hoping the Giants roll the dice on him in the 3rd round

This guy is a stud first round talent and definitely worth owning in a dynasty format, regardless of where he ends up.

#4 petekrum

petekrum

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:07 PM

Has anyone heard how he is progressing from his injury?
The boar runs from the tiger.
It is not cowardice. It is love of life.

#5 sasnumberonefan

sasnumberonefan

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:53 PM

Has anyone heard how he is progressing from his injury?

Apparently he is way ahead of schedule. Read somewhere that the trainer popped his knee back into place on the field of that gruesome injury, and it apparently shaved 6 months off the recovery time. That coupled with the recent success of guys coming off knee injuries fast and still producing, I'm not the least bit concerned that he will be a stud in the NFL.
FFB 12 Team Standard 4 Keeper lose the draft pick the keeper was taken in
QB: Romo RB: Ogbonnaya, Pierre Thomas WR: Brandon Marshall, Jordy Nelson, Josh Gordon (K, 16th) TE: Jimmy Graham (K, 3rd) D/ST: New England K: Nick Folk Bench: Percy Harvin (K, FA) Justin Blackmon (K, FA) Toby Gerhart, Darren Sproles, Andre Brown, Danny Amendola

#6 maxhyde

maxhyde

Double-A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:05 PM

No question he would be worth having but the question is where does he fit in a 16 team rookie draft (7rounds-IDP). Is the pool so RB depleted that he is a first rounder in that format for any of you?
Personally I was thinking I would look at him in the 3rd or so but I suspect he will not last that long.

Edited by maxhyde, 21 March 2013 - 08:06 PM.

#7 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:31 PM

This years QBs suck and overall the class doesnt have many "elite" prospects at the skill positions

I dont see anyway this guy makes it to the 3rd round in a dynasty league.

#8 maxhyde

maxhyde

Double-A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:54 PM

I would be surprised if he makes it out of the first in our league. He would be in discussion as the top RB if he wasn't injured so somebody is way more likely to take a risk than I am.

#9 Ddam2013

Ddam2013

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:20 AM

I'm in a 12 man ppr dynasty league with picks 2&3 and I'm taking him at three overall. I know I may be a little high on him but being able to have Lacey and lattimore for the next ten years is very appealing to me.
Winning gold is simple, you just have to be the best in the world at it.

#10 maxhyde

maxhyde

Double-A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:18 PM

Who is the guy taking at #1?

#11 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:20 PM

This class is pretty weak. I think Lattimore should be a top 5 pick regardless.

He'd be the unanimous top pick if healthy.

The strength of this draft is OL/DL, not exactly fantasy friendly.

Edited by rraayy3, 26 March 2013 - 12:21 PM.

#12 Rob_P

Rob_P

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:54 PM

Problem is he didn't look like the same guy when he came back from his first injury....I would definitely be interested in him at the right spot but I am not expecting him to be a stud anytime soon...if ever. If Lacy ends up a Steeler as some project, he is the one RB that gets me excited in this draft.

#13 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:00 PM

Lacy I'd take over him just because of the injury.
Then Patterson/Austin at WR.

After that, Lattimore for me.

#14 Ddam2013

Ddam2013

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:43 PM

Who is the guy taking at #1?

#15 Ddam2013

Ddam2013

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:44 PM

We have a weird free agent system in this league and Colin kaepernick is out there. It is a free agent/rookie draft so he is going one

#16 Alfonz289

Alfonz289

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:09 PM

I don't know if this is the proper place to ask this but how do people feel about Lattimore long term? Obviously he's not going to contribute this year but for dynasty purposes, do people feel like he's going to be a stud? Is pre-injury form a realistic expectation? Gore is getting older and the job could be Lattimore's before too long.
2014 Fantasy Football 12 Team Dynasty League 0.5 PPR All TD's 6pts IDP (2DL, 2LB, 2DB)

QB's-Jay Cutler
RB's-Adrian Peterson, C.J. Spiller, Zac Stacy, Christine Michael, Jerrick McKinnon
WR's-Dez Bryant, Josh Gordon, Michael Floyd, Keenan Allen, Justin Hunter, Sammy Watkins, Jermaine Kearse
TE's-Julius Thomas, Eric Ebron
K's-Steven Hauschka
DL's-Ziggy Ansah, Chandler Jones
LB's-Bobby Wagner, Alec Ogletree
DB's-Kenny Vaccaro, Roman Harper

2 2015 first round picks.

#17 parrothead

parrothead

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,101 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:01 PM

Problem is he didn't look like the same guy when he came back from his first injury....I would definitely be interested in him at the right spot but I am not expecting him to be a stud anytime soon...if ever. If Lacy ends up a Steeler as some project, he is the one RB that gets me excited in this draft.

I would agree with this, I am somewhat of an Ol-ball coach fan so I watched a lot of SC football since he arrived, and Ive watched probably 80% of Lattimore's games. Prior to the first injury, he looked to me like an LT type player he was the top recruit in the nation, and was a stud as a freshman. Then after the first injury, he was good, but to me he was just another "good" RB versus version 1.0 which I thought was a top 5 type pick RB that you just dont see all that often anymore.
Seems everybody's jogging or heavy into health s?&t, don't tell me that I otta get rolfed, cause I love Cajun martinis and playing afternoon golf-JB from we are the people are parents warned us about

#18 Deadpool

Deadpool

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,495 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:38 PM

Worth a late round flier in keeper leagues or no? Only if you think he's going to take over next year, I suppose.
12 Team Keeper, 0.5 PPR, All TDs = 6 pts
QB: Matthew Stafford, Mark Sanchez
RB: Eddie Lacy, Giovani Bernard, Mark Ingram, LeGarrette Blount, Jonas Gray
WR: Josh Gordon, Odell Beckham Jr, Roddy White, Vincent Jackson
TE: Jimmy Graham, Rob Gronkowski

#19 Alfonz289

Alfonz289

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:55 PM

I'm trying to gather as much info as I can as I have a chance to land both Lattimore and Christine Michael but its going to take my top 2 picks this year. The league is a unique situation where we are transitioning from a partial keeper to full dynasty (sorry for the cool story/assistant coach type stuff). The reports have been good so far though right? I think I remember reading not long ago that the Niners coaches actually had to tell him to slow down some so that must mean he's recovering well? And with all the recent success stories of players coming back from horrific injuries, things should be looking up.
2014 Fantasy Football 12 Team Dynasty League 0.5 PPR All TD's 6pts IDP (2DL, 2LB, 2DB)

QB's-Jay Cutler
RB's-Adrian Peterson, C.J. Spiller, Zac Stacy, Christine Michael, Jerrick McKinnon
WR's-Dez Bryant, Josh Gordon, Michael Floyd, Keenan Allen, Justin Hunter, Sammy Watkins, Jermaine Kearse
TE's-Julius Thomas, Eric Ebron
K's-Steven Hauschka
DL's-Ziggy Ansah, Chandler Jones
LB's-Bobby Wagner, Alec Ogletree
DB's-Kenny Vaccaro, Roman Harper

2 2015 first round picks.

#20 Ddam2013

Ddam2013

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:15 PM

How early in rookie drafts do you think he will go this year. Am I crazy to want to take him in the 6-8 range