Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

"Likes" - to like individual posts in a threadLiking posts in a thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 johnd2442

johnd2442

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:38 PM

First of all, I really like this option, so please don't take this as a complaint. In fact, I was going to ask about the daily limit of "likes" for posts! I reached mine, and I'm not completely clear how many it is (maybe 10?), but is the rationale behind it to limit it so "likes" are more valuable? If so, that makes sense. I just found a bunch of posts worthy of "liking" so I clicked them without thinking there was a limit (yes, I'm new here!). And hey, that just means that there are a bunch of good posters here. I'll have to go forward and be careful about giving out "likes" in the future. But would there be any contemplation about lifting this limit at all?
High Above Courtside fantasy basketball league
  • 12 franchises, starting its 4th season in 2013-14
  • points based, daily lineup, head to head
  • keeper league

#2 The Harsh

The Harsh

I like .webms.

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:43 PM

View Postjohnd2442, on 21 March 2013 - 03:38 PM, said:

First of all, I really like this option, so please don't take this as a complaint. In fact, I was going to ask about the daily limit of "likes" for posts! I reached mine, and I'm not completely clear how many it is (maybe 10?), but is the rationale behind it to limit it so "likes" are more valuable? If so, that makes sense. I just found a bunch of posts worthy of "liking" so I clicked them without thinking there was a limit (yes, I'm new here!). And hey, that just means that there are a bunch of good posters here. I'll have to go forward and be careful about giving out "likes" in the future. But would there be any contemplation about lifting this limit at all?

AFAIK (and don't quote me on this), the limit is simply arbitrary. There's no real rhyme or reason to it from my perspective, although it may have something to do with the software programming.

There's definitely no intention to create a dilemma over which posts you should like, so don't put too much thought into it; it's not a currency. :)

We can certainly bring your suggestion to the attention of the administrators; if there is any update, you will be notified.

#3 Tito Taco

Tito Taco

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:20 PM

how come i cant LIKE my own posts anymore?  what gives?

#4 malta69

malta69

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,575 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:31 PM

This reeks of a conspiracy TT.....I won't rest til we get to the bottom of this!
Bases...
2008 Extra Base Hit Dynasty League Champion - The Inaugural Season

Foots...
'06, '07, '08 & '09 Boozers & Losers League Champ

#5 Tito Taco

Tito Taco

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:55 PM

i am looking into hiring a gumshoe to figure out this dilemma.  something seems off.  i will LIKE posts from malta69 instead.  he seems like a good egg.