1481 replies to this topic

#1 cbe_88

cbe_88

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:52 AM

Saw that a 2013 thread was not yet started on this guy, and just watched some highlights of this guy again the other day. It appears the stars are aligning in terms of his fantasy situation, and I always believed he had the talent and skill.

Reggie Bush leaves for DET, the only thing standing in his way of his fantasy relevance.

Something else I love is that the only other guy in his backfield, Daniel Thomas, is a far from promising product. This is a guy who has had his chances to carry the load in this backfield but just isn't near dynamic or even complete enough of an RB to be depended on.

I'm so stoked about this kid, and more importantly so his the owner of the Dolphins. I'm starting to admit the risk he carries and go as far as shoe him in as my RB2 and not even think twice. At this point he's a talented young and promising starting RB in this league. I'll make sure and try and get a serviceable RB3 behind him, but I'm on the Lamar Miller train.

His lack of NFL experience and not yet being a household name will probably keep a 3rd round price at bay even with hype in full swing. But to pair this guy with a 1st round stud RB after stacking a couple of stud WR's in the 2nd/3rd rounds is starting to sound very ideal.

#2 DocJ

DocJ

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,214 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:22 PM

If they don't add anyone significant in the draft I'll be on board this train with both feet. Even if there's some kind of RBBC with Thomas in the beginning of the season I think that will quickly dissolve away to Miller being the man in MIA.

2014 RW Mock Real League: 14-team, 0.5 PPR, All TDs 6 pts
***Follow along this season in the "Your League" forum on RW***
Record: 2-2

QB: Nick Foles (8.09)
RB1: Frank Gore (5.06)
RB2: Lamar Miller
WR1: Calvin Johnson (1.06)
WR2: Julio Jones (2.09)
W/R/T: Keenan Allen (3.06)
W/R/T: Golden Tate (7.06)
TE: Heath Miller (10.09)
DEF: DET DST
K: Robbie Gould
Bench: Carlos Hyde, Harry Douglas (11.06), James White (12.09), Eli Manning (13.06), KaDeem Carey (14.09), Big Ben, CLE DST (15.06), Danny Woodhead (6.09), Branden Oliver, Steven Hauschka, K, SEA (16.09)

#3 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:27 PM

he hurt his shoulder once. injury prone. pass.

[i love him and thought he was the steal of the 2012 draft]
  • maxhyde likes this

#4 maxhyde

maxhyde

Double-A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:39 PM

That will also be my strategy. I have him on my TS in a Dynasty League. For the redrafts

No way I take him ever. The Dolphins must not like him he only got 50 carries (outside voice)
I hope I can get him in the 4-5 range and never handcuff with DThomas...ever (inside voice)

#5 FantasyGuru24

FantasyGuru24

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:42 PM

I like Lamar Miller a lot this year .. He reminds me of Lesean McCoy a little bit .. Think he could be a solid #2 this year with upside .. You gotta take into account when people say a #2 fantasy back it's so vague .. We're taking about 11-12 backs in that range .. but I can see his upside on the top end of that

#6 J.T. Marlin

J.T. Marlin

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:08 PM

Great guy to target this year. Unless the reports are ridiculously glowing during training camp and Miller then puts on a show in the preseason, I think he will have very reasonable 5th rd or later ADP. You can't worry about the lack of NFL game experience. He has a clear path to the starting RB gig in MIA with limited competition for carries. It worked out pretty well for owners who took a chance on AMorris and Ridley last season.

#7 Ryan81

Ryan81

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,900 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:40 PM

I think 5th-6th is a good ADP for this guy. Last year, Bradshaw, BGE, Bush were ranked around the 50-60 range IIRC.

"Sometimes you get the bear; sometimes the bear gets you." -Clay Othic

RotoWorld Mock Real League - 14 team, 6 point passing TDs, .5 ppr(3-1, 3rd place)
QB: Philip Rivers
RB1: Reggie Bush
RB2: Ahmad Bradshaw
WR1: Dez Bryant
WR2: Jordy Nelson
W/R/T: Alshon Jeffery
W/R/T: Pierre Thomas
TE: Jason Witten
DST: Streaming
Bench: Cecil Shorts III, Mohammed Sanu, Lorenzo Taliaferro, James Starks, Theo Riddick, Travaris Cadet

#8 predator_05

predator_05

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,896 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:30 PM

This dude easily goes in the early to late 4th in 12 team drafts. If he has a good preseason, I don't see how he makes it out of the 3rd. Not far off David Wilson.
"I've eaten burritos bigger than you."

- JJ Watt to Ray Rice (10/23/2012)

#9 petekrum

petekrum

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:52 AM

I think 5th-6th is a good ADP for this guy. Last year, Bradshaw, BGE, Bush were ranked around the 50-60 range IIRC.

I would love to grab him this late, problem is, he won't be there.
The boar runs from the tiger.
It is not cowardice. It is love of life.

#10 Ryan81

Ryan81

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,900 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:03 AM

Drafting an unproven RB on a mediocre team in the 3rd? I'll pass.

RotoWorld Mock Real League - 14 team, 6 point passing TDs, .5 ppr(3-1, 3rd place)
Bench: Cecil Shorts III, Mohammed Sanu, Lorenzo Taliaferro, James Starks, Theo Riddick, Travaris Cadet

#11 J.T. Marlin

J.T. Marlin

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:27 AM

This dude easily goes in the early to late 4th in 12 team drafts. If he has a good preseason, I don't see how he makes it out of the 3rd. Not far off David Wilson.

Yeah, he will most likely end up with an ADP in the 45-55 range. That was Ridley's ADP range last season and I think the situations are comparable. I thought Ridley's 2012 ADP was lower than it actually was because he slid and I got him later in 2 of my drafts. You still have to factor in the effect of the Draft and the possibilities that both PIT & GB will use a high pick on a RB. Lacy on PIT and one of the next best RB prospects on GB would likely be drafted before Miller. Plus, if DeAngelo is cut post 6/1, JStewart's ADP goes way up.

#12 cbe_88

cbe_88

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:54 AM

Yeah, he will most likely end up with an ADP in the 45-55 range. That was Ridley's ADP range last season and I think the situations are comparable. I thought Ridley's 2012 ADP was lower than it actually was because he slid and I got him later in 2 of my drafts. You still have to factor in the effect of the Draft and the possibilities that both PIT & GB will use a high pick on a RB. Lacy on PIT and one of the next best RB prospects on GB would likely be drafted before Miller. Plus, if DeAngelo is cut post 6/1, JStewart's ADP goes way up.

Good points, GB and PIT are backfields where whoever is the lead RB there should be a productive one. And don't forget when the DEN backfield situation clears up. Whether they release Mcgahee, draft a starting RB or pencil Moreno in as the starter, the starting RB in that backfield could go before Miller as well.

As much as I love Miller the 3rd round is awfully pricey. Very good talent at the WR position is still available in the 3rd, and much safer RB's will be had in the 3rd as well. I'm still thinking if he's there in the 4th it's a no-brainer, however.

#13 Ryan81

Ryan81

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,900 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:08 AM

Good points, GB and PIT are backfields where whoever is the lead RB there should be a productive one. And don't forget when the DEN backfield situation clears up. Whether they release Mcgahee, draft a starting RB or pencil Moreno in as the starter, the starting RB in that backfield could go before Miller as well.

As much as I love Miller the 3rd round is awfully pricey. Very good talent at the WR position is still available in the 3rd, and much safer RB's will be had in the 3rd as well. I'm still thinking if he's there in the 4th it's a no-brainer, however.

Both are good points and how I am viewing the situation. There are still multiple teams without a clear RB situation - GB, St. Louis, Carolina, Denver, Pittsburgh, Jets, and you might could add the Saints to this list.

I would certainly take a good luck at him in the 4th depending on what other RBs are left in his range, what my team looks like etc, and what the odds of him falling to me in the 5th were. But the 3rd round is a high price. Doug Martin was going about the 5th last year with no experience. I think that's where Miller will end up being ranked as well.

#14 predator_05

predator_05

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,896 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:54 AM

We have done mocks on FFcalculator together...the guy never gets out of the 4th in 12 team mocks. Then again, the crowd there is pretty FF-savvy. Maybe in a real draft he would go later?
"I've eaten burritos bigger than you."

- JJ Watt to Ray Rice (10/23/2012)

#15 Ryan81

Ryan81

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,900 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:25 PM

We have done mocks on FFcalculator together...the guy never gets out of the 4th in 12 team mocks. Then again, the crowd there is pretty FF-savvy. Maybe in a real draft he would go later?

I think that's because everyone on here knows what he could be. And I think that's the highest hell be drafted. Those of us who see his potential.

Edited by Ryan81, 27 March 2013 - 01:27 PM.

#16 bmoss12

bmoss12

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
  • Interests:Basketball, Volleyball, Football, Exercise, Snowboarding and Backyard games

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:36 AM

He didnt get much love last year and it wasnt because of Reggie.
12 Team ESPN H2H League

Cam Newton (Car - QB)
LeSean McCoy   (PHI - RB)
Eddie Lacy (GB - RB)
Greg Jennings    (MIN - WR)
Vincent Jackson (TB - WR)
Jordy Nelson   (GB - WR)
Colts   (Defense)
Phil Dawson   (SF - K)
Seahawks (HC)
Antonio Gates   (SD - TE)
Matt Forte   (CHI - RB)
Terrance Williams         (DAL - WR)
Jordan Cameron   (CLE - TE)
Bilal Powell   (Jets - RB)

"Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth."
~Mike Tyson

#17 J.T. Marlin

J.T. Marlin

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:09 PM

He didnt get much love last year and it wasnt because of Reggie.

What is your point? Are you saying that he will not succeed this year if he wins the starting RB job in MIA?

#18 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:21 PM

i love everything about his game

couldn't believe how far he fell in last year's draft. late 3rd [14 team league], count me in.

#19 FantasyGuru24

FantasyGuru24

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:10 PM

Yeah surprised by that as well .. He came from the U and they have a great history with RBs you would've thought he would have gone earlier .. He had a shoulder injury in college maybe that's why

#20 DocJ

DocJ

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,214 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:24 PM

That burst is impressive, no hesitation when he sees and hits the hole.

2014 RW Mock Real League: 14-team, 0.5 PPR, All TDs 6 pts
***Follow along this season in the "Your League" forum on RW***
Record: 2-2

QB: Nick Foles (8.09)
RB1: Frank Gore (5.06)
RB2: Lamar Miller
WR1: Calvin Johnson (1.06)
WR2: Julio Jones (2.09)
W/R/T: Keenan Allen (3.06)
W/R/T: Golden Tate (7.06)
TE: Heath Miller (10.09)
DEF: DET DST
K: Robbie Gould
Bench: Carlos Hyde, Harry Douglas (11.06), James White (12.09), Eli Manning (13.06), KaDeem Carey (14.09), Big Ben, CLE DST (15.06), Danny Woodhead (6.09), Branden Oliver, Steven Hauschka, K, SEA (16.09)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users