Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

- - - - -

Randall Cobb 2013 Season Outlook

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 FantasyGuru24

FantasyGuru24

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:48 AM

Whacha guys think?  ... I think he's going to explode without Jennings there now .. Top 5 WR ppr leagues in my opinion .. Thoughts?

#2 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:53 AM

Top 5 ppr, top 10 standard.

(and another WR i think is more talented than Cruz)

#3 FantasyGuru24

FantasyGuru24

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:36 AM

That seems about right

#4 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:56 AM

After Tron, Marshall, Green ... he's definitely in the conversation.

#5 petekrum

petekrum

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:43 AM

There are still to many other options in GB, And Rodgers likes to spread it sounds to much for him to end up that high. I like him,but I'm tempering my expectations a bit.
The boar runs from the tiger.
It is not cowardice. It is love of life.

#6 Ryan81

Ryan81

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:06 AM

I'll have my target on him in round 3 in ppr leagues. I think he'll also end up in the top 5 in ppr.
"Sometimes you get the bear; sometimes the bear gets you." -Clay Othic

RW Mock Real League - 14 team, 6 point all TDs, .5 ppr(slow drafting)
QB: Philip Rivers
RB1: Reggie Bush
RB2: Pierre Thomas
WR1: Dez Bryant
WR2: Jordy Nelson
W/R/T: Alshon Jeffery
W/R/T: Cecil Shorts III
TE: Jason Witten
DST: Cincinnati Bengals/Arizona Cardinals
Bench: Travaris Cadet, Ahmad Bradshaw, Mike Tolbert, James Starks, Mohammed Sanu Cole Beasley

#7 DocJ

DocJ

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,153 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:28 PM

No Jennings, year 3, won't be returning kicks = sold for big uptick in stats. Could flirt with 100 catches in 16 games.
2014 RW Mock Real League: 14-team, 0.5 PPR, All TDs 6 pts
***Follow along this season in the "Your League" forum on RW***

QB: Nick Foles (8.09)
RB1: Frank Gore (5.06)
RB2: Danny Woodhead (6.09)
WR1: Calvin Johnson (1.06)
WR2: Julio Jones (2.09)
W/R/T: Keenan Allen (3.06)
W/R/T: Lamar Miller
TE: Heath Miller (10.09)
DEF: CLE DST (15.06)
K: Steven Hauschka, K, SEA (16.09)

Bench: Golden Tate (7.06), Carlos Hyde, Harry Douglas (11.06), James White (12.09), Eli Manning (13.06), KaDeem Carey (14.09), Alex Smith

#8 cbe_88

cbe_88

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:22 PM

I'm jumping up and down if cobb is my WR2. But In non-PPR tho I wouldn't call it ideal relying on him as my WR1. If he's one of your 2 starting fantasy WR's I want another very solid option to pair him with.

He'll be in for a few duds next year in that offense, but he will overall be a very solid option.

#9 J.T. Marlin

J.T. Marlin

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:45 PM

Wow, people are higher on Cobb than I would have expected.  He still has to deal with JNelson, JJones, and Finley competing for catches.  I also think that GB will still do something to address their RB position whether it's through the draft or FA (DeAngelo if he's a post 6/1 cap casualty?)  This team ran the ball last season more than people are remembering.  Besides the above mentioned Calvin, BMarsh & AJ, I am definitely higher on Dez & Julio too.  I would also rank DT, Fitz, Cruz, Harvin, and Crabtree over him at this point as well.  

Maybe I'm wrong though as Cobb was really solid during the stretch that Jennings was out (weeks 2 & 5-12).  Some weeks Cobb was outperformed by Jordy or JJones (or both) but overall his production was pretty consistent with a few really great weeks.  I guess I can see the argument that Cobb continues to progress with the other receivers taking a backseat to him.  I will be really interested to see where his ADP is at come July.

#10 cbe_88

cbe_88

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:55 PM

View PostJ.T. Marlin, on 26 March 2013 - 04:45 PM, said:

Wow, people are higher on Cobb than I would have expected.  He still has to deal with JNelson, JJones, and Finley competing for catches.  I also think that GB will still do something to address their RB position whether it's through the draft or FA (DeAngelo if he's a post 6/1 cap casualty?)  This team ran the ball last season more than people are remembering.  Besides the above mentioned Calvin, BMarsh & AJ, I am definitely higher on Dez & Julio too.  I would also rank DT, Fitz, Cruz, Harvin, and Crabtree over him at this point as well.  

Maybe I'm wrong though as Cobb was really solid during the stretch that Jennings was out (weeks 2 & 5-12).  Some weeks Cobb was outperformed by Jordy or JJones (or both) but overall his production was pretty consistent with a few really great weeks.  I guess I can see the argument that Cobb continues to progress with the other receivers taking a backseat to him.  I will be really interested to see where his ADP is at come July.

Let's be honest, Finley isn't much of a threat, and James Jones won't be racking up any targets or reception any time soon. Cobb and Jordy will get the targets and reception, James Jones is the TD guy but Jordy and Cobb will get there's too.

Cobb is not elite, however. He's as high-end as it gets for a WR2 in my eyes.

Calvin
AJ
BMarsh
Dez
Julio
DT

Roddy
Cruz, Harvin...

Cobb

He's a top10 play, but he's not elite but very solid.

#11 DocJ

DocJ

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,153 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:03 PM

Nelson did miss some time last year and Jones seems to have turned a corner, however, unless GB has a set game plan in place this season to give snaps to Jones or Finley over Cobb (unlikely but possible), Cobb will be targeted a ton. Remember he had 80 catches last year in 15 games.

Bench: Golden Tate (7.06), Carlos Hyde, Harry Douglas (11.06), James White (12.09), Eli Manning (13.06), KaDeem Carey (14.09), Alex Smith

#12 predator_05

predator_05

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,633 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:35 PM

Tons of catches guaranteed but how many TDs can you count on?
"I've eaten burritos bigger than you."

- JJ Watt to Ray Rice (10/23/2012)

#13 cbe_88

cbe_88

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:47 PM

View Postpredator_05, on 26 March 2013 - 06:35 PM, said:

Tons of catches guaranteed but how many TDs can you count on?

Double digit TD's has to be extremely feasible in his offense with his QB.

#14 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:48 PM

TDs are so unpredictable. I'll gladly roll the dice with Rodgers do-it-all slot receiver/3rd down back and see what happens.

#15 FantasyGuru24

FantasyGuru24

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:49 PM

^ Exactly .. He's super integrated in their offense so his floor during his off games is still going to be good .. And then he's gonna have his games where he just explodes

#16 FantasyGuru24

FantasyGuru24

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:50 PM

^ Exactly .. He's super integrated in their offense so his floor during his off games is still going to be good .. And then he's gonna have his games where he just explodes

#17 dabeesta17

dabeesta17

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:37 PM

I can keep three players from last year. The four considerations are Cam, Ridley, Megatron, and Cobb. Honestly it comes down to Ridley vs. Cobb; and its really no contest. All the talk about Cobb competing with James Jones and Finley for targets is just silly. Aaron Rodgers even acknowledged Cobb is the next big thing not only in Green Bay, but in the NFL.

http://www.cbssports...r-in-the-making

Cobb is his guy. And Nelson is a solid #2 (if he can stay healthy). 90/1250/11 is my prediction for Cobb.
16-team keeper league (keepers in italics), long TD bonus, yardage bonuses, 5 rec = 1pt, 10 rec = 5 pts

#18 DocJ

DocJ

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,153 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:47 PM

Admittedly, tds can be fluky and we've seen it 2 seasons in a row at GB (Nelson in 2011, Jones in 2012), however, when you have Rodgers throwing him the ball and the GB offense being awesome in general, I'll roll the dice on Cobb ending up with a decent % of those tds by the end of the season. Maybe it's Cobbs turn for 15-16 tds in 2013 ;)