Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
- - - - -

Blake Beavan 2013 Outlook

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
36 replies to this topic

#1 klove42

klove42

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,909 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:47 PM

Just got named the fifth starter with an impresive ERA of 6.52 this spring. Who is exciting to stream everyone on the opposing offense whenever he starts?? I know I am.
No Days Off

#2 baltimore_boy

baltimore_boy

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,701 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:59 PM

He'll at least give you a decent amount of K's though. If he's in the rotation all year he may just reach triple digits!

Edited by baltimore_boy, 27 March 2013 - 02:59 PM.

Bring back Ray!

#3 klove42

klove42

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,909 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:01 PM

He'll at least give you a decent amount of K's though. If he's in the rotation all year he may just reach triple digits!

100Ks is probably his ceiling. Floor of 15 Ks.
No Days Off

#4 WahooManiac

WahooManiac

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:11 PM

Isnt there a bad player is the goal type league run somewhere? Razzball maybe, or something along those lines? This guy has to be a first rounder in that kind of format. Hopefully he just gets bombed so heavy early on that they have to bring back Erasmo
Good pitching will beat good hitting anytime, and vice versa. -Bob Veale

We're reaching the pt where you can be a truly dedicated, state-of-the-art fan or you can have a life. Take your pick. -Thomas Boswell

#5 myzto

myzto

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:14 PM

To the Beaven haters... He has a self claimed strike out pitch now with his curve ball. 2 starts ago ( he gave up 16 hits in the previou start) he pitched 6 IP and struck out 2 batters. He then went on to claim he's developed a strike out pitch with his curve ball. They accounted for both his K's. Now before you hate, rememebr last year he averaged a 2.68 K/9 and in that start earned him a prestine 3.0 K/9. That kind of growth deservers respect. Long live Beaven. :o

#6 kobe24

kobe24

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,109 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:21 PM

worst starting pitcher in baseball?

#7 myzto

myzto

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:32 PM

There's always worse.

#8 Ragnaroker

Ragnaroker

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,433 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:50 PM

I for one hope he sticks in the rotation all year.

#9 baltimore_boy

baltimore_boy

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,701 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:52 PM

There's always worse.

Yeah. Jonathan Sanchez is still hanging in the Pirates rotation.
Bring back Ray!

#10 FearTheBeard

FearTheBeard

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:22 PM

Does this thread have any fantasy relevance? Absolutely not...

This' more of a rant - but it relates to a player.

There isn't a more horse crap starting pitcher around - and the M's just keeping putting the damn ball in this guys hand OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER. He's a complete lock for 5IP, 7-8H, 4-7ER, and like 2 Ks every time he toes the rubber.

Here's his arsenal - the straightest 90mph FB known to man, a change with zero fade/sink, the worst 70mph slow curve I've ver seen, and a slider that doesn't hang 20% of the time. As crappy as all that is - he takes 60-90 seconds in between pitches - which makes him completely un-watchable. But hey - HE THROWS STRIKES! How he doesn't have the worlds most severe case of whiplash is unknown.

It just gets really EFFIN old this SOB gets to toe the rubber every 5th day while apparently Danny Hultzen "isn't ready." When he's pretty much the same age as Beavan, with 10 times the stuff. God this franchise kills me!!!

I'd seriously consider watching soccer instead of paying to see Blake Beavan pitch.

Folks - any time you see a Mariners fan in public - shake their hand, cause it's damn hard work. It's basically the fan equivalent of waking up in the morning with Cespedes mid swing at your head. The reality of the suckness really set in today watching the Cardinals and seeing they have no spot to play Matt Adams and Oscar Taveras.

Please end the torture - HE GONE Beavan, give us Ramirez and Hultzen. And in a couple months trade Saunders and call up Paxton or Walker. BOOM!

#11 spaghetti

spaghetti

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,709 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:24 PM

At least he did better than what Maurer did yesterday?

/not a knock on Maurer. Beavan sucks.

#12 bcobb311

bcobb311

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:27 PM

Jamie Moyer, Tim Belcher, Edwin Hurtado might get calls to dust off their kleets if it gets any worse.

#13 FearTheBeard

FearTheBeard

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:30 PM

At least he did better than what Maurer did yesterday?

/not a knock on Maurer. Beavan sucks.

Yea - we just haven't seen Maurer suck 50 times yet, haha. Maurer just lacks consistency with his stuff and with his command, there's a few good things with him were I could eventually see a #4-5 guy - but he legitimately needs more MiLB time.

#14 bbythepier

bbythepier

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,038 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:41 PM

I feel for ya, FTB. Your service as a Ms fan is appreciated. You just can't win with that back end of the rotation and that bottom of the lineup. All you can do is bring up the next batch of kids, get that SEA microbrew out of the fridge and see if it clicks.

#15 NyjersInParis

NyjersInParis

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,457 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:55 AM

why did i stream him today

Team 1 12 team espn 4-2 qb rivers rb forte sjax wr jones jeffrey mi. floyd te ertz flex k. wright
k bailey def stream bn matthews m. jones hill ryan j. hill gerhart hillman gordon
Team 2 10 team .5 ppr espn 4-2 qb wilson rb forte ellington wr bryant white green te ertz flex j. bell
k haushkha def stream bn ball mi. floyd r. matthews gordon a. williams
Team 3 12 team yahoo 5-1 qb romo wr bryant ju. jones rb l. bell spiller te witten flex j. bell
k hauskha def det bn miller t. smith gordon asiata s. johnson cj anderson
Team 4 10 team auction yahoo 2-4 qb rivers wr jeffery cobb benjamin rb lacy charles te gates flex j. bell
k tucker def stream bn spiller k. davis donnel stacy eli gordon
Team 5 10 team yahoo 4-2 qb newton wr green cobb rb forte gore te kelce flex ellington
k dawson def lions bn b. tate hopkins r. matthews j. cook
Team 6 10 team yahoo 3-3 qb kaep wr megatron maclin rb murray l. bell te olsen flex b. tate
k hauskha def stream bn patterson quick j. bell stacy gordon martin
Team 7 10 team yahoo 2-4 qb romo wr julio jones maclin sanders rb lacy ellington te walker
k bailey def stream bn r. matthews asiata mi. floyd k. allen a. williams oliver
Team 8 10 team 1 pt ppr auction yahoo 3-3 qb newton wr nelson maclin rb forte j. bell te walker flex floyd jefferey
k tucker def stream bn white spiller  asiata eli sankey

#16 Cmilne23

Cmilne23

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,042 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:58 AM

This guy is the least talented pitcher maybe in MLB history. He literally has the worst stuff I have ever seen. His offspeed stuff reminds me of what curveball was like in 4th grade when I was first trying to snap them off. Just atrocious. Hope he gets absolutely shelled out of the league sooner rather than later.

#17 FearTheBeard

FearTheBeard

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:00 AM

why did i stream him today

30 team, AL Only League?

Hahaha - yea dude, don't stream Beavan Vs a random North Dakota High School.

#18 FearTheBeard

FearTheBeard

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:04 AM

Here's something else that KILLS me about Beavan....

He's 6'7", probably 250-260, and he's now rocking this MMA/tough guy facial hair - oh yea, and he throws 90 mph...If you're gonna be that big, and rock tough guy facial hair you gotta be 94+.

#19 mjk356

mjk356

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,652 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:11 AM

He may have the worst fastball I've ever seen at the MLB level. As you mentioned FTB, 89-91 and as straight as an arrow. Zero deception in his delivery. There are guys who throw softer than Beavan, but it usually at least has some two seam sinking movement or maybe they cut it a little. Or maybe a soft tosser uses secondary stuff to set up his fastball to look better than it is.

Beavan's secondary stuff would grade out as a 20 on the scouting scale, so it has no effect on his terrible fastball. It's just Beaven throwing that fastball and those 20 grade secondary offerings with a giant "JUST BARREL THE S**T OUT OF ME" sign on them.

Edited by mjk356, 11 April 2013 - 01:11 AM.

#20 mjk356

mjk356

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,652 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:22 AM

He reminds me a bit of Micah Owings when he was a pitcher. Big, tough-looking dude who threw 89-90, arrow straight, and had below average secondary stuff. Owings was probably better than Beavan though.

I remember watching Diamondback games when Owings was pitching and he would just pump fastball after fastball in. Mark Grace would say things like, "Boy, Owings sure is proud of that fastball." And then, inevitably, Owings would just start giving up rockets and moonshots moments later.

Edited by mjk356, 11 April 2013 - 01:22 AM.