Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Ahmad Bradshaw 2013 Season Outlook

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
694 replies to this topic

#1 cbe_88

cbe_88

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:36 PM

The Steelers look legitimately interested. Bradshaw is as tough and high-effort as it gets, and the Steelers are a tough team. I think Bradshaw has "Steeler" written all over him. I also think he comes right back to RB2 status if he signs in Pittsburgh, you guys think he'll indeed land there?

I like Decastro in his second year helping solidify that o-line and even though losing Wallace, I think Big Ben helps keep that offense an effective TD generating offense. Bradshaw could cash in as a solid RB2 without the appearance of a Jacobs or Andre Brown TD Vulture breathing down his neck for the first time in his career. Unless Redman assumes that role.

Of course, you have to take into account the 18 screws in his foot...and his annual injuries. I usually don't prefer cuffing all of my RB's but it appears Dwyer would be a must if I ended up targeting the tough but injury prone runner.

All-in-all Bradshaw isn't the worst injury prone player to own. He's an expert at never practicing but still producing on Sundays, and usually his nicks and bruises aren't extended time injuries.

#2 J.T. Marlin

J.T. Marlin

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:49 PM

I'd be very interested if he landed in PIT. I wouldn't expect the ADP to be too high either. You take the solid production he will give you while it lasts and just hold out hope that he doesn't go down with another foot injury (not likely). He could be this season's 2012 McGahee.

#3 DocJ

DocJ

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,280 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:56 PM

I really wish they'd fly him over to Germany for some kind of experimental bilateral bionic foot transplant, however, he would definitely be back on the RB2 radar if he lands in PIT and they don't add anyone else. I could see them getting him as many touches as those feet could handle. Also he's rock solid at the GL so I don't know why they'd ever take him out for those carries.

2014 RW Mock Real League: 14-team, 0.5 PPR, All TDs 6 pts
***Follow along this season in the "Your League" forum on RW***

Record: 4-7

QB: Big Ben
RB1: Frank Gore (5.06)
RB2: Lamar Miller
WR1: Calvin Johnson (1.06)
WR2: Julio Jones (2.09)
W/R/T: Roddy White
W/R/T: Golden Tate (7.06)
TE: Heath Miller (10.09)
DEF: DET DST
K: Dan Carpenter

Bench: PHI DST, Keenan Allen (3.06), , Carlos Hyde, Harry Douglas (11.06), Kenny Stills, Andy Dalton, KaDeem Carey (14.09), Nick Foles (8.09)James White (12.09), Eli Manning (13.06), CLE DST (15.06), Danny Woodhead (6.09), Steven Hauschka, K, SEA (16.09)

#4 slortex

slortex

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:13 PM

I'd guess he lands either in Pittsburgh or Green Bay. Either one makes a lot of sense. Pittsburgh is probably better for his fantasy value. Has there been any word if Denver is interested? Could see him being better than Noshow and the corpse of Willis McGahee.

#5 blangtang

blangtang

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:52 PM

this guy is done?

#6 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:17 AM

would be pretty funny if he tests free agency - again - and comes back to the giants because no one else offers anything - again.

i'd love bradshaw back he's still a good player ... just way too many concerns for teams to commit big money to.

Edited by rraayy3, 09 May 2013 - 05:17 AM.

#7 fantasymad

fantasymad

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,095 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:54 PM

This dude would play with 2 iron feet, literally. Too bad from his ankles down he is falling apart, because this guy has more heart and toughness than 99% of the NFL.

#8 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:59 PM

i'll always love you bradshaw.

#9 Deadpool

Deadpool

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,493 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:38 PM

Too bad his feet are held together by Elmer's glue.
12 Team Keeper, 0.5 PPR, All TDs = 6 pts
QB: Matthew Stafford, Mark Sanchez
RB: Eddie Lacy, Giovani Bernard, Mark Ingram, LeGarrette Blount, Jonas Gray
WR: Josh Gordon, Odell Beckham Jr, Roddy White, Vincent Jackson
TE: Jimmy Graham, Rob Gronkowski

#10 blangtang

blangtang

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:52 PM

Colts

might be good in a PPR format

#11 dewaser

dewaser

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:53 PM

Thoughts on Bradshaw with the Colts? I could see an 800 yd 6 td kind of season for him, but who knows. He could be given a lot of carries in that offense.
12 team PPR league
QB: Andrew Luck
RB: Alfred Morris
RB: Denard Robinson
FLEX: Shane Vereen
WR: Demaryius Thomas
WR: AJ Green
WR: Josh Gordon
TE: Travis Kelce
D/ST: Eagles
K: Adam Vinatieri
[b]Bench: Ryan Mathews, Wes Welker, Anquan Boldin, Daniel Herron, Latavius Murray, Roy Helu, Allen Hurns

#12 SenatorSpaceman

SenatorSpaceman

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,930 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:03 PM

Thoughts on Bradshaw with the Colts? I could see an 800 yd 6 td kind of season for him, but who knows. He could be given a lot of carries in that offense.

He COULD quite feasibly end up with 1k+ total yards if everything breaks his way. Like the Rotoblurb says, he's a great blocker and pass-catcher so if he stays upright he should see a ton of snaps. I'm not inspired by the prototypically mediocre Vick Ballard.

#13 Coprolagnia

Coprolagnia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:10 PM

Ballard got 800 yds and he only started 11 games. If Bradshaw is a 3 down back and doesn't miss more than 2 games than he'll have a 1200yd 8 TD season.

#14 dabeesta17

dabeesta17

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:20 PM

He COULD quite feasibly end up with 1k+ total yards if everything breaks his way. Like the Rotoblurb says, he's a great blocker and pass-catcher so if he stays upright he should see a ton of snaps. I'm not inspired by the prototypically mediocre Vick Ballard.

Not the best language to use when referencing Bradshaw. That said, the guy is a good back. No question about his talent. Its all about health with him. He will immediately be the best back in Indianapolis. Great value pick after Round 7 or so. But Indy will have to cut Delone Carter or Donald Brown for me to draft Bradshaw. Otherwise it will be a situation similar to the Tolbert/Stewart/Williams thing in Carolina.
16-team keeper league (keepers in italics), long TD bonus, yardage bonuses, 5 rec = 1pt, 10 rec = 5 pts

#15 SenatorSpaceman

SenatorSpaceman

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,930 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:31 PM

Not the best language to use when referencing Bradshaw. That said, the guy is a good back. No question about his talent. Its all about health with him. He will immediately be the best back in Indianapolis. Great value pick after Round 7 or so. But Indy will have to cut Delone Carter or Donald Brown for me to draft Bradshaw. Otherwise it will be a situation similar to the Tolbert/Stewart/Williams thing in Carolina.

I don't see any problems with my verbiage. I'm not predicting that Bradshaw will suit up 16 times this season or inferring that he has been a durable or lucky player in the past. I'm just saying that, if he does find a way to stay healthy, he has a chance to be quite productive.

Also, if Indy does indeed enter the season with that quartet of backs, I feel like the roles will be much more defined than they have been in the Carolina cluster.

#16 Prea

Prea

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:44 PM

I think he just meant you used the word "break" to describe things going his way, for a guy who is always broken down/beat up/had a broken foot.

This definitely knocks down Vick Ballard though (although I didn't like him in the first place).

Edited by Prea, 06 June 2013 - 06:45 PM.

#17 SenatorSpaceman

SenatorSpaceman

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,930 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:02 PM

This definitely knocks down Vick Ballard though (although I didn't like him in the first place).

The biggest thing that Ballard had going for him was opportunity. That's gone now and so is most of Ballard's value.

#18 Ryan81

Ryan81

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:29 PM

I'm liking Bradshaw and think he'll definitely out perform his ADP. I know he has a ton of leg problems, but the guy just plays through it and doesn't miss many games because of it.

I didn't really see Vick Ballard play at all last year. Did he look good or no?

$50 12 Team PPR, 8-1

QB: Philip Rivers

RB1: Arian Foster

RB2: Ahmad Bradshaw

WR1: Megatron

WR2: Jordy Nelson

W/R/T: Jeremy Maclin

TE: Rob Gronkowski

Bench: Adrian Peterson, Josh Gordon, Shane Vereen, Jeremy Hill, Travis Kelce, Martavis Bryant

#19 Jason497

Jason497

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:33 PM

As a Ballard owner, this pisses me off. It might not be a popular sentiment, but I hope Bradshaw's foot breaks off in camp.
Drafted Josh Gordon 9/2/14
WW Claimed Josh Gordon 9/3/14 (after he was drafted in 6th round and dropped)

#20 Coprolagnia

Coprolagnia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:41 PM

As a Ballard owner, this pisses me off. It might not be a popular sentiment, but I hope Bradshaw's foot breaks off in camp.

There's still hope...its says contract talks have reached a stalemate....though you should still be pissed off for being a Ballard owner.