694 replies to this topic

#181 NYSportsfan24

NYSportsfan24

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,285 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:50 PM

RW says he's practicing with the 2nd team O. Not good.

#182 theSPANKER

theSPANKER

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:56 PM

I grabbed him late so he's riding my bench as well. He's a solid RB3 though in this case he's my 4th. Top 15-20 upside in this offense. Just not sold on his health so I'm going to look to sell after what should be a big week 1.

Same here as my 4th RB but I'm aiming to keep him I think. He's such a beast and play through injuries. You can never have enough RB depth and Bradshaw is one of the few true RBs out there who is a true baller with a mid round ADP.
12-man 1pt PPR redraft league, start 2 RB/2WRs with 1 RB/WR/TE Flex All TDs 6pts, 15 Man Roster

QBs - Russell Wilson
RBs - Murrray, Vereen, Steven Jackson, Jeremy Hill, Ahmad Bradshaw, Lance Dunbar
WRs - Dez Bryant, Andre Johnson, Josh Gordon, Michael Crabtree, Michael Floyd
TE - Kelce
K - Matt Bryant
Pats D

#183 rocko

rocko

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:57 PM

Damn. I was ready to roll the dice against the raiders

#184 bigbluecrew56

bigbluecrew56

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,558 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:00 PM

Him practicing at all is a good thing. My guess is Ballard gets the token start for carrying the preseason load but Bradshaw will end up with most of the carries. I think the entire artice read in depth sounds a bit better then just Bradshaw runs with the 2's http://espn.go.com/n...haw-play-sunday

#185 ipg46

ipg46

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts
  • Interests:Dumpster Diving

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:08 PM

Definitely going to pick him up for cheap in my auction league. He's delivered solid seasons even in a timeshare in NY. And he's always had these foot issues. In 2011 I remember him commenting that he can't walk on Mondays after a game, and is in pain all week long. But then the adrenaline kicks in on Sunday and he's fine and can go 100%. Then rinse and repeat starting Monday.

He put up about 1000 total yards and 11 TDs in 2011, and then another 1000 yards and 6TD last year. He did miss a couple games, so I wouldn't count on him as a RB1 or RB2, but I think as a flex and for the price he'll be a steal.
Yahoo League (Going for the Three-Peat!) (12-teams / QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, FLX, K, DEF, IDP / 6 pts all TDs / 1 point=50 pass yards or 15 rec yards or 10 rush yards): Drew Brees, Marques Colston, Wes Welker, Josh Gordon, LeVeon Bell, Toby Gerhart, Ben Tate, Ray Rice, Zach Ertz, Bernard Pierce, LeGarrette Blount, Shonn Greene, Jarrett Boykin, Mason Crosby, Vikings D.

ESPN League (Runner up 2 years running--looking for the win!) (12-teams / QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, FLX, K, DEF / 4 pts pass TDs; 6 pts all others / 1 point=20 pass yards or 10 rec yards or 10 rush yards): Aaron Rodgers, Randall Cobb, Mike Wallace, Rueben Randle, Michael Floyd, Josh Gordon, Ben Tate, Frank Gore, Ray Rice, Stevan Ridley, Fred Jackson, Vernon Davis, Bernard Pierce, Carlos Hyde, Jarrett Boykin, Adam Vinatieri.

#186 dabeesta17

dabeesta17

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:08 PM

Him practicing at all is a good thing. My guess is Ballard gets the token start for carrying the preseason load but Bradshaw will end up with most of the carries. I think the entire article read in depth sounds a bit better then just Bradshaw runs with the 2's http://espn.go.com/n...haw-play-sunday

Agreed. I'm starting him with confidence. 15 touches seems like a reasonable number...and against the Raiders, that could be huge.
16-team keeper league (keepers in italics), long TD bonus, yardage bonuses, 5 rec = 1pt, 10 rec = 5 pts

#187 tgalv

tgalv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:21 PM

Him practicing at all is a good thing. My guess is Ballard gets the token start for carrying the preseason load but Bradshaw will end up with most of the carries. I think the entire artice read in depth sounds a bit better then just Bradshaw runs with the 2's http://espn.go.com/n...haw-play-sunday

the only thing more positive about the full article is the one opinion line thrown in by the writer, "He'll likely end up being the starter at some point." unless i'm missing something.

i'd be a bit concerned about the "looked pretty good" part by pagano. that might be something you'd say to the media when the guy looks pretty bad.

#188 thirdeye

thirdeye

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:29 PM

the only thing more positive about the full article is the one opinion line thrown in by the writer, "He'll likely end up being the starter at some point." unless i'm missing something.

i'd be a bit concerned about the "looked pretty good" part by pagano. that might be something you'd say to the media when the guy looks pretty bad.

Another noteworthy piece from the full article is what Bradshaw says at the end:"My level [of motivation] is to prove everybody wrong," Bradshaw said. "A lot of teams that could have accepted me and given me a shot, they didn't. I want to prove to everybody [I can still play]." This reminds me of a similar quote from Russel Wilson before last season when many teams passed him in the draft, and he wanted to make them regret it. I think that he made his point. Hopefully Bradshaw will do the same.

#189 bigbluecrew56

bigbluecrew56

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,558 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:30 PM

If coach says he is playing then I am playing him. As a long time Giants fan I know what I have in Bradshaw. When he plays on Sundays he becomes a wild beast running the ball. Ballard will get his token first series and then Bradshaw will come in and explode. Then Ballard will be handing Bradshaw some water after his TD.

#190 tgalv

tgalv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:33 PM

Another noteworthy piece from the full article is what Bradshaw says at the end:"My level [of motivation] is to prove everybody wrong," Bradshaw said. "A lot of teams that could have accepted me and given me a shot, they didn't. I want to prove to everybody [I can still play]." This reminds me of a similar quote from Russel Wilson before last season when many teams passed him in the draft, and he wanted to make them regret it. I think that he made his point. Hopefully Bradshaw will do the same.

that quote is about the most useless thing i've ever read.

#191 scb175

scb175

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 04:10 PM

I've always been a fan of Bradshaw. Guy has some skills. If he can stay healthy, he will be the steal of the draft and this years Alfred Morris

#192 thirdeye

thirdeye

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 04:33 PM

Cool story, bro. I explained why I liked it and gave an example of another player that followed through after making a similar quote. But thanks for your input!

#193 MiggyRunsTings

MiggyRunsTings

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,824 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 05:40 PM

this. the quote literally means absolutely nothing in terms of gauging what kind of season he will have.

he's my RB2 (RB1 is AP, 3 wideouts are Julio, AJ, DJax), and very well could be the difference maker on my team. really need him to come through with a decent season.

10-team H2H Standard ($200 Cap)

QB: Peyton Manning $41
WR: Julio Jones $33
WR: Andre Johnson $21

RB: Lesean Mccoy $59

RB: Steven Jackson $5

TE: Greg Olsen $4

FLEX: Jeremy Maclin $1

K: Adam Vinatieri $1

DEF: Chicago FA

B: RB Toby Gerhart $12, RB Trent Richardson $11, WR Justin Hunter $4, WR DeAndre Hopkins $2, WR Steve Smith FA, QB Carson Palmer $1, RB Jerrick Mackinnon FA

#194 Chubbles

Chubbles

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,716 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 05:49 PM

Yes quotes from the player about him feeling healthy and motivated for a big season mean nothing, I'd much rather hear about who you guys have on your teams.

Bradshaw is a guy who uses motivation and an unstoppable will to succeed. He makes up for any missing talent with a great sense of pride in who he is. If he's relatively healthy he will be a very solid high end RB2.
  • instant290 likes this
16 Team 10 Player Keeper (2013 Champion!!!!!)
Hitters: Molina, Davis, Tulowitzki, Pedroia, Beltre, Ellsbury, Puig, Kemp, Melky, Prado, Russell, Reyes, Hill, Grandal, Josh hamilton, Morneau

Pitchers: Wainwright, Fernandez, Bumgarner, Hamels, Lincecum, Ventura, Chavez, Kazmir, Bauer, Mejia, Britton

#195 MiggyRunsTings

MiggyRunsTings

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,824 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 05:55 PM

Yes quotes from the player about him feeling healthy and motivated for a big season mean nothing, I'd much rather hear about who you guys have on your teams.

Bradshaw is a guy who uses motivation and an unstoppable will to succeed. He makes up for any missing talent with a great sense of pride in who he is. If he's relatively healthy he will be a very solid high end RB2.

easy chubbs. was just trying to outline how i depended him as a RB2. ppl in here using him as RB3 and 4 and loving his upside etc is a whole lot different than someone like me using him as RB2. he doesn't look nearly as pretty.

B: RB Toby Gerhart $12, RB Trent Richardson $11, WR Justin Hunter $4, WR DeAndre Hopkins $2, WR Steve Smith FA, QB Carson Palmer $1, RB Jerrick Mackinnon FA

#196 Chubbles

Chubbles

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,716 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 05:59 PM

easy chubbs. was just trying to outline how i depended him as a RB2. ppl in here using him as RB3 and 4 and loving his upside etc is a whole lot different than someone like me using him as RB2. he doesn't look nearly as pretty.

Calling quotes from a player useless then telling us who your WRs are is a bit odd don't ya think?
Hitters: Molina, Davis, Tulowitzki, Pedroia, Beltre, Ellsbury, Puig, Kemp, Melky, Prado, Russell, Reyes, Hill, Grandal, Josh hamilton, Morneau

Pitchers: Wainwright, Fernandez, Bumgarner, Hamels, Lincecum, Ventura, Chavez, Kazmir, Bauer, Mejia, Britton

#197 dabeesta17

dabeesta17

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:04 PM

Yeah I guess a better quote would have been "I've made my money. No need to exude myself too much. Teams should be scared of me because I get injured a lot. Oh well, I'm still getting paid a lot of money."
16-team keeper league (keepers in italics), long TD bonus, yardage bonuses, 5 rec = 1pt, 10 rec = 5 pts

#198 Chubbles

Chubbles

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,716 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:09 PM

I'd hate to miss out on a raiders defense but I am leaning towards sitting him to see how playing time goes and to see how well he's fitting in.

#199 theSPANKER

theSPANKER

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:25 PM

If Bradshaw is healthy this dude can be a force of nature. He's only 27 playing with Luck. I agree he's a RB2 worth the risk in the middle rounds and I had to take it.
12-man 1pt PPR redraft league, start 2 RB/2WRs with 1 RB/WR/TE Flex All TDs 6pts, 15 Man Roster

QBs - Russell Wilson
RBs - Murrray, Vereen, Steven Jackson, Jeremy Hill, Ahmad Bradshaw, Lance Dunbar
WRs - Dez Bryant, Andre Johnson, Josh Gordon, Michael Crabtree, Michael Floyd
TE - Kelce
K - Matt Bryant
Pats D

#200 MiggyRunsTings

MiggyRunsTings

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,824 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:56 PM

Calling quotes from a player useless then telling us who your WRs are is a bit odd don't ya think?

the difference is i'm calling the PLAYER'S QUOTE, who's thread this is about, useless, as it was discussed. you're going on and on about 1 sentence i made. who am i? you done yet?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users