Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
- - - - -

Brian Dozier 2013 Outlook

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
46 replies to this topic

#1 Golden Ratio

Golden Ratio

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:51 AM

Looks like he has locked up the starting 2B spot for the Twins, has dual SS-2B eligibility, and will bat second in the lineup.

What are we looking at here? Could he hit .270 15/15? I'm thinking he might be a sneaky add for that MI spot.
"The Hafner argument has been conceded as a bad argument, since Hafner is only DH-eligible, and he's a moldy clementine." -RotoRaysFan

#2 PepperPot

PepperPot

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:22 PM

Looks like he has locked up the starting 2B spot for the Twins, has dual SS-2B eligibility, and will bat second in the lineup.

What are we looking at here? Could he hit .270 15/15? I'm thinking he might be a sneaky add for that MI spot.

If you're in a real deep mixed league or an AL-Only, he is worth a look. Mostly because he is a starter and is batting in the upper half of a lineup. Most of his value this year is that he's going to be eligible at short and second within the first month of the season. He was pretty awful last year, and I don't see why some people are projecting 15 home runs out of him. The most he has hit in a season was 12, so it's not like 15 is a huge stretch...but I see something like ..250 with 10 homers and 15 steals.

I read something on Sportsline today saying he has 15/25 potential...I will believe it when I see it. I own the guy, but I drafted him late in my AL league. I hope that he can be a good fill in.
14 Team PPR Dynasty Keeper League

Starters

QB: Andrew Luck
RB: Gio Bernard & DeMarco Murray
WR: Randall Cobb, A.J. Green & Julio Jones
TE: Dennis Pitta
DEF: Patriots
K: Adam Vinatieri

Bench

QB: Alex Smith
RB: Ahmad Bradshaw, Bryce Brown, Devonta Freeman, Fred Jackson, Christine Michael, Lache Seastrunk & C.J. Spiller
WR: Davante Adams, Aaron Dobson, DeAndre Hopkins, Justin Hunter & Cody Latimer
TE: Kyle Rudolph & Luke Wilson

#3 Tchaikovsky08

Tchaikovsky08

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:28 PM

If you're in a real deep mixed league or an AL-Only, he is worth a look. Mostly because he is a starter and is batting in the upper half of a lineup. Most of his value this year is that he's going to be eligible at short and second within the first month of the season. He was pretty awful last year, and I don't see why some people are projecting 15 home runs out of him. The most he has hit in a season was 12, so it's not like 15 is a huge stretch...but I see something like ..250 with 10 homers and 15 steals.

I read something on Sportsline today saying he has 15/25 potential...I will believe it when I see it. I own the guy, but I drafted him late in my AL league. I hope that he can be a good fill in.

Spot on. There are a lot of reasons to be skeptical that Dozier will ever be valuable in fantasy leagues.

As a big Twins fan, my only hope is that his severe defensive struggles at SS contributed to his lackluster batting line, and that a switch to 2B will allow him to clear his head and take a step forward. Of course, I'm not holding my breath, and I would be pretty shocked if he showed any major improvements at the plate this year.

#4 Morat

Morat

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:33 PM

1% OWNED 0% STARTED next to his name In the Yahoo league I'm in. Good to see him do something today. Bad to see Gardenhire not using him in the #2 hole at all. Hitting #8 ahead of Florimon does not please me. Having Jamey Carroll start a game at SS also sucks. Can't wait to jettison this guy when Drew comes back next week.
"Give me a new ball...one you can see." - A.J. Pierzynski to umpire.

#5 bigbluecrew56

bigbluecrew56

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,810 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:42 PM

Interesting to see him take a liking to the leadoff spot tonight. With 2B/SS eligibility he may become an interesting name if he sticks in that spot.

#6 Morat

Morat

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:45 PM

Any official word on this? Is Gardenhire gonna roll with this for a bit or is it only because Mastroianni is out of the lineup?

#7 mjk356

mjk356

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,651 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:45 PM

I actually own the dude in a 20 teamer. Had to fill a MI spot and this clown was one of the few options still available with a starting gig. Say you were on a date with a girl, things were going great, but then she found out you know who Brian Dozier is and what position he plays for what team. Do you think that would be a deal-breaker?

#8 PepperPot

PepperPot

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:52 PM

Any official word on this? Is Gardenhire gonna roll with this for a bit or is it only because Mastroianni is out of the lineup?

I haven't seen anything, it is likely a last minute scramble because Mastroianni is hurt and Hicks has been terrible. Gardenhire probably just want someone in the lead off spot that has a little bit of speed...he will probably be back at the bottom of the order tomorrow.

Starters

Bench

RB: Ahmad Bradshaw, Bryce Brown, Devonta Freeman, Fred Jackson, Christine Michael, Lache Seastrunk & C.J. Spiller

#9 Morat

Morat

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:56 PM

Deal-breaker? For Dozier no. But, if she finds out that you've been starting Eric Sogard...

#10 mjk356

mjk356

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,651 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:58 PM

Deal-breaker? For Dozier no. But, if she finds out that you've been starting Eric Sogard...

Yeah, Sogard is where a woman would have to draw a line. Him or Justin Sellers.

#11 PepperPot

PepperPot

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:00 PM

Where does Brandon Crawford enter into this equation?

Starters

Bench

#12 mjk356

mjk356

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,651 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:04 PM

Where does Brandon Crawford enter into this equation?

Oh, I think you'd be okay with Crawford. He's actually swinging it pretty well. I think the line is drawn at Sogard/Sellers. Or if you own Chris Getz, that might be rock bottom.

#13 Morat

Morat

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:27 PM

FU Jose Reyes. Its his fault that I'm posting so much in the Dozier thread.

He's hitting lead-off again. Pulling the trigger on my #12 waiver pick. Second time he'll be on my team. I'm running to tell my woman right now.

Edited by Morat, 17 April 2013 - 05:30 PM.

#14 bigbluecrew56

bigbluecrew56

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,810 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:50 PM

Ahhhh yeah a little Ben Dover action going on in here. If he gets a few knocks tonight then Dre Simmons is going to be seeking a new employer.

#15 Cool Guy

Cool Guy

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:41 PM

This guy's pretty hot right now.

3rd HR in 4 games.

really? I find him crap in real life, but decent for fantasy if you're punting TO's and FG%

I'll admit I've only watched about a few games worth of him though

#16 jb_power

jb_power

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,235 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:47 PM

He has had a solid past 30 days: .280 in 75 ABs with 13 runs, 4 HRs, 11 RBI and 3 SBs

Turned 26 years old last month and could be on the verge as a 15 HR / 15 SB middle infielder ... not great but useful in deeper leagues

I have him as a backup in 2 leagues and plug him when needed. Missed out on last nite's HR and have him in today.

#17 kwelch

kwelch

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:53 PM

Another HR. That's 4 in the last 5 games.

Forum: A place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

#18 papasmurf

papasmurf

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,610 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:18 PM

What is his deal? I've never paid attn to him before. He was just another one of those non-descript MIN guys like Florimon and Parmalee.

Former top prospect? Or is he projected to be one of those dudes who stick around on the fringes on a few years and then disappear?

#19 PepperPot

PepperPot

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:28 PM

What is his deal? I've never paid attn to him before. He was just another one of those non-descript MIN guys like Florimon and Parmalee.

Former top prospect? Or is he projected to be one of those dudes who stick around on the fringes on a few years and then disappear?

He was a fringe prospect coming up through the minors. He got an extended look last year and didn't do much with it. The good thing for him is that the Twins don't have many middle infielders that will push him out in the near future. A cbs fantasy "expert" said that he could see Dozier hitting 15 home runs and stealing 25 bases before the season started...I don't think he will steal that many bases, especially considering his success rate this season, but 15 homers doesn't seem out of reach at this point.

In deeper and AL-Only leagues, he's a fine pick up for the time being based on playing time and his spot in the lineup, but he has gone ice cold before and he could easily start another cold streak tomorrow.

I have missed out on all but one of these recent homers, and it makes me sad I just didn't opt to start him in place of Alcides Escobar, but oh well.

Starters

Bench

#20 FantasyFiend

FantasyFiend

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:13 AM

Wow another HR today!? Is this a fluke or a new gem at 2B/SS appearing before our eyes...