Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo

RW Forums Outage Issues

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 baltimore_boy

baltimore_boy

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,695 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:57 PM

Here's the issue: Whenever I try to bring up the forums, an error message pops up saying "HTTP 500 Internal Server Error" in the tab bar and then it says "The website cannot display the page". This comes up and after a few refresh tries, it either loads the page or says that the service is unavailable. What is going on? Is there something wrong with my computer or is it the website? How do I fix it? It's really annoying.
Bring back Ray!

#2 The Harsh

The Harsh

I like .webms.

• Moderators
  • 5,973 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:33 PM

Here's the issue: Whenever I try to bring up the forums, an error message pops up saying "HTTP 500 Internal Server Error" in the tab bar and then it says "The website cannot display the page". This comes up and after a few refresh tries, it either loads the page or says that the service is unavailable. What is going on? Is there something wrong with my computer or is it the website? How do I fix it? It's really annoying.

It's on Rotoworld's end (as you noticed, it says "internal server error") and will be fixed soon. Thanks for your patience. :)
Are the Rotoworld forums lagging for you? Please report the issue here: http://www.rotoworld.com/about/help.aspx. It's the best way to force a change!

#3 jackmurphy

jackmurphy

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:32 PM

Anyone else having issues with forums not loading or taking forever to load. Whats the deal
Sarge: Whats gonna happen is that you jerk off the ball, almost wanna let this guy here jam you, and if it comes it comes.

#4 Z06vette

Z06vette

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,257 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:35 PM

Anyone else having issues with forums not loading or taking forever to load. Whats the deal

Yep, *was* having problems. Probably doing maintenance on the server (s).
"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." - Jimi Hendrix

"A pessimist sees only the dark side of the clouds, and mopes; a philosopher sees both sides, and shrugs; an optimist doesn’t see the clouds at all – he’s walking on them. " - Leonard Louis Levinson

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” - John Lennon

#5 The Harsh

The Harsh

I like .webms.

• Moderators
  • 5,973 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:38 PM

For future reference, please leave all feedback pertaining to technical errors in the "Fantasy Feedback" section - it allows the greatest chance for a system administrator to read your input. :)

From my understanding, another NBCUniversal affiliate was recently moved over to the IPB (IP.Board) server that Rotoworld is hosted on, leading to an overwhelming amount of traffic. This is being looked into, so I'm sure stability will be achieved soon.

Thank you for your concern, and we very much appreciate your patience.
Are the Rotoworld forums lagging for you? Please report the issue here: http://www.rotoworld.com/about/help.aspx. It's the best way to force a change!

#6 holyBrowns

holyBrowns

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,220 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:06 PM

Thanks for taking care of it, this has been a regular problem for me the past few weeks.
14 Team Total Points - Weekly Lineup Locks [hitting scoring] 1 pt per single, run, rbi, bb, sb, hbp - 2 pts per double - 3 pts per triple - 4 pts per home run [pitching scoring] 15 pts per win, 3 pts per QS, 2 pts per CG, 1 pt per K, 10 pts per no hitter, 5 pts per perfect game, 8 pts per save, relief win
C: Yan Gomes
1B: Anthony Rizzo
2B: Dustin Pedroia
3B: Kyle Seager
SS: Starlin Castro
OF: Mike Trout
OF: Giancarlo Stanton
OF: Alex Rios
DH: David Ortiz
SP: Zack Greinke
SP: Jered Weaver
SP: Johnny Cueto
RP: Jason Grilli
Bench: Bogaerts, Polanco, Morneau, Iwakuma, Peavy, Colon, Simon, Buehrle, Kelly, Chavez

#7 GottaGetTheWin

GottaGetTheWin

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,760 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:53 AM

Anyone else having constant issues with the forums over the last few days? I've been getting a lot of "Service Unavailable" warnings when trying to navigate and when i am able to get it seems like every other thread I try to comment on my post gets stuck in the "saving post" potion. The only way to get out is to refresh my page which then deletes my post and when I try to re-post, same thing happens.

Anyone else having a bunch of problems?

12 team 1 pr PPR Dynatsy League  Starters in bold.

QB: Stafford, Geno Smith

WR: Calvin, Jeffery, Cobb, Quick, James Jones, Santonio Holmes, Martavis Bryant

RB: Charles, Ball, Davis, D. Brown, D. Williams, J. Stewart, L. Murray, Hillman

TE: Cameron, Donnell, Ladarius

#8 jahmon4

jahmon4

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:06 AM

I've been getting this message quite a bit lately but only when I browse the forums on my phone.
14 team dynasty league

QB-P. Manning/Newton
RB-Charles/McCoy/Jones-Drew/Mathews/Vereen/L. Murray/Cunningham/Forsett
WR-Fitzgerald/T. Smith/Harvin/Patterson/T. Williams
TE-Gronkowski/Green/Ebron
K/D-Who cares
IR-Sims

#9 dzemens

dzemens

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,899 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:10 AM

Anyone else having constant issues with the forums over the last few days? I've been getting a lot of "Service Unavailable" warnings when trying to navigate and when i am able to get it seems like every other thread I try to comment on my post gets stuck in the "saving post" potion. The only way to get out is to refresh my page which then deletes my post and when I try to re-post, same thing happens.

Anyone else having a bunch of problems?

This has been an issue after NBCUniversal has been moving some other affiliates to the same forum hosting service that this forum currently uses, for more clarification see this thread: http://forums.rotowo...howtopic=342365
"To be the man, you gotta beat the man!"

#10 crotchcrickets

crotchcrickets

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,690 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:36 AM

No coincidence that when rotoworld becomes affiliated with Yahoo!, the forum starts having issues.

Get your act together, NBCSports or whoever you are.

#11 SuperJoint

SuperJoint

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,754 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:07 PM

Really bad lately - particularly today.
SuperJoint Signature™ available only to RotoWorld Forums Gold Club™ Members

#12 MiggyRunsTings

MiggyRunsTings

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:41 PM

Really bad lately - particularly today.

agreed. last night for like a half hour or longer i just couldn't get on the forums. and now today, this afternoon, everythings either going super slow or just not working (baseball talk thread anyway).

10-team H2H Standard ($200 Cap)

QB: Peyton Manning $41
WR: Julio Jones $33
WR: Andre Johnson $21

RB: Lesean Mccoy $59

RB: Reggie Bush FA

TE: Greg Olsen $4

FLEX: Jeremy Maclin $1

K: Adam Vinatieri $1

DEF: Detroit FA

B: RB Steven Jackson $5, RB Toby Gerhart $12, RB Trent Richardson $11, WR DeAndre Hopkins $2, WR Steve Smith FA, RB Jerrick McKinnon FA, QB Ben Roethlisberger FA

#13 baltimore_boy

baltimore_boy

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,695 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:47 PM

It really is getting a whole lot worse lately again. The issue went away for a little bit, but has come back and is really frustrating again.
Bring back Ray!

#14 Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,607 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:27 PM

FYI folks, the Admins are aware of the problem and I assume are working on a solution. If we hear anything definitive, we'll pass it along.
"Give me a break, I'm a product of divorce!"