Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
- - - - -

As the Season Starts - Thank You and Good Luck

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#1 kwelch

kwelch

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:12 AM

I just wanted to say a personal thanks to everyone who posts on these boards. I get so much helpful information by just reading all the debates that go on day-to-day. I have been a member for 5 years now, and I can truly say I have gotten more out of these boards then any of the fantasy news sites.

Thanks again, and good luck with your seasons!

Forum: A place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

#2 SoundMaster

SoundMaster

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:14 AM

Likewise, I feel the same way. This board is invaluable!

Good luck, all.

#3 sasnumberonefan

sasnumberonefan

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:17 AM

Such classy and professional outlooks and roster help. This board will be the reason I win my league this year. You guys are the best!
FFB 12 Team Standard 4 Keeper lose the draft pick the keeper was taken in
QB: Romo RB: Ogbonnaya, Pierre Thomas WR: Brandon Marshall, Jordy Nelson, Josh Gordon (K, 16th) TE: Jimmy Graham (K, 3rd) D/ST: New England K: Nick Folk Bench: Percy Harvin (K, FA) Justin Blackmon (K, FA) Toby Gerhart, Darren Sproles, Andre Brown, Danny Amendola

#4 Sven

Sven

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,123 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:22 AM

You're welcome.
12 Yahoo!

QB - C. Newton (69)
RB - E. Lacy (4)
RB - D. Murray (21)
WR - V. Jackson (28)
WR - M. Crabtree (52)
WR - C. Shorts (93)
TE - J. Cameron (76)
W/R/T - R. Mathews (45)
K - A. Viniteri (172)
Def - New England (165)

Bench - J. Football (100), J. Starks (117), A. Boldin (124), D. McFadden (141), K. Davis (148), A. WIlliams (189)

#5 jr11890

jr11890

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:29 AM

LOVE this board. Cant wait to get the season going
16 Team H2H Non Points League Non Keeper
Positions:C 1B 2B 3B SS OF OF OF SP SP SP SP SP BN BN BN BN BN DL DL DL DL
Categories:R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB BB K'S AVG OBP IP W L CG SHO HR K'S ERA WHIP QS
C-Molina 1B-Freeman 2B-Carpenter 3B-Beltre SS-Boaegerts OF-Puig,Craig,Calhoun
SP-Kershaw,Cueto,Ventura,Burnett,Arietta,Odorizzi,Smyly
BN-Peralta,Crisp
DL-Holland,Victorino,Crawford,N.Walker

#6 mevins31

mevins31

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:10 AM

This is a great place for sure
http://diamondhoggers.com - A baseball blog about everything baseball

#7 Z06vette

Z06vette

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,260 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:25 AM

Great thread! No doubt about it, never hurts anyone to say thank you. Thank you all who try and help others out by giving what knowledge you have to offer. There is some floating around these forums, it blows my mind how much they know. A special thanks to the mods too, guys do a great job keeping this place in order when things get a bit heated, and sharing the wealth of knowledge many of you have also. I've been around a few years now, some of what is mention above is why I love coming here. Again, thank you!

Good luck to everyone!
"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." - Jimi Hendrix

"A pessimist sees only the dark side of the clouds, and mopes; a philosopher sees both sides, and shrugs; an optimist doesn’t see the clouds at all – he’s walking on them. " - Leonard Louis Levinson

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” - John Lennon

#8 drisser

drisser

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:26 AM

This board is the reason I won my league last year in my first ever season playing fantasy baseball!

#9 sasnumberonefan

sasnumberonefan

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:57 AM

Anyone remember the old ESPN forums? I used to get on them before they changed, and in comparison, that forum was like the minor leagues, and this is the MLB. Great resource.
FFB 12 Team Standard 4 Keeper lose the draft pick the keeper was taken in
QB: Romo RB: Ogbonnaya, Pierre Thomas WR: Brandon Marshall, Jordy Nelson, Josh Gordon (K, 16th) TE: Jimmy Graham (K, 3rd) D/ST: New England K: Nick Folk Bench: Percy Harvin (K, FA) Justin Blackmon (K, FA) Toby Gerhart, Darren Sproles, Andre Brown, Danny Amendola

#10 NyMetsfan5

NyMetsfan5

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,125 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:01 PM

This is defintley the majors for sure and i enjoy giving out my piece as much as i love receiving information from other members. Keep on posting
[size=5]Die hard Ny Giants fan and Ny Knicks fan [/size]

"What do we need anybody for? We have Victor Cruz.”
-Coach Tom Coughlin

NFL Favorite Players; Victor Cruz and Cj Spiller
NBA favorite players: Carmelo Anthony(of course) and Damian Lillard (better than Kyrie when its all said and done), Giannis Antetokounmpo aka the Greek Freak

President of Matt Harvey Fan club(get well soon) and now an official MANBEARPUIG member Tee shirts coming soon

#RealDealWheeler

#11 Obscene_Domino

Obscene_Domino

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:02 PM

Yes this board has it's up and downs. It is certainly the reason why I am competitive in all of my leagues, especially with up to the date information, any lineup changes, injuries, changes in mechanics, etc. Sure there are some wrong picks(looking at you Ryan Mathews) but there are a ton of great pick ups too. Truly I will constantly be looking at this board and love getting the opinions of multiple people, who view players differently from all over the States.
14 team H2H .5 PPR Auction
QB: Philip Rivers, Mike Glennon
RB: LeSean McCoy, Eddie Lacy, James Starks, Darren Sproles
WR: Sammy Watkins, Kelvin Benjamin, Michael Crabtree, Jarvis Landry, Kenny Stills
TE: Jordan Reed
DEF: Browns, Ravens
K: Cody Parkey
IR: Marcedes Lewis

#12 NyMetsfan5

NyMetsfan5

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,125 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:11 PM

Yes this board has it's up and downs. It is certainly the reason why I am competitive in all of my leagues, especially with up to the date information, any lineup changes, injuries, changes in mechanics, etc. Sure there are some wrong picks(looking at you Ryan Mathews) but there are a ton of great pick ups too. Truly I will constantly be looking at this board and love getting the opinions of multiple people, who view players differently from all over the States.

keep posting because i love loooking at that avatar all day long
[size=5]Die hard Ny Giants fan and Ny Knicks fan [/size]

"What do we need anybody for? We have Victor Cruz.”
-Coach Tom Coughlin

NFL Favorite Players; Victor Cruz and Cj Spiller
NBA favorite players: Carmelo Anthony(of course) and Damian Lillard (better than Kyrie when its all said and done), Giannis Antetokounmpo aka the Greek Freak

President of Matt Harvey Fan club(get well soon) and now an official MANBEARPUIG member Tee shirts coming soon

#RealDealWheeler

#13 jb_power

jb_power

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,235 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:18 PM

The Baseball and Football forums are practically complete opposites. I check the FB forum now and then but there are just too many knee jerk reactions to what happens in 1 week. Baseball is a marathon and the majority of posters here seem to "get it".

#14 baltimore_boy

baltimore_boy

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,701 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:19 PM

Plus, there is a Hyun-Jin Ryu thread here. That alone puts rotoworld above the rest.
Bring back Ray!

#15 kwelch

kwelch

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:26 PM

Great thread! No doubt about it, never hurts anyone to say thank you. Thank you all who try and help others out by giving what knowledge you have to offer. There is some floating around these forums, it blows my mind how much they know. A special thanks to the mods too, guys do a great job keeping this place in order when things get a bit heated, and sharing the wealth of knowledge many of you have also. I've been around a few years now, some of what is mention above is why I love coming here. Again, thank you!

Good luck to everyone!

Yeah, the mods deserve a bow also. I've been to other message board sites and they are basically a cluster f or poor information.

Forum: A place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

#16 CWebb

CWebb

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:49 PM

I totally agree. This Board is top notch. It's definitely my #1 resource (Sorry FanGraphs) for FBB advice.

#17 NYR Fan 116894

NYR Fan 116894

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,625 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:56 PM

These forums are the best of the best. Fantasy football, baseball, you name it, the best advice is offered in these forums. Thanks everyone for the help, I really appreciate it.
Adam Brown (Fearless)=Hero. May you never be forgotten.

#18 FML

FML

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,219 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:09 PM

The annual chinese water torture known as the closer's thread is probably reason #1 this board is great. Almost instant news regarding any potential changes.

Megatron = lemon

A year early with his foresight but Julio is a wizard lol!

#19 ipstaff

ipstaff

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:20 PM

I was pretty bummed when the forums disappeared without notice a few months back (the hacker attack or whatever). Love the blend of different viewpoints and styles, stats/analytics mixed with eyeball tests, and the exposure to different local fans with deeper knowledge of their chosen teams. The debates are generally fun and informative and largely respectful - pretty amazing for an internet site (great job mods in helping with all of that) and the hit rate of "useful posts" to total posts is incredibly high. Tons of info to gather. Definitely a great resource and source of entertainment.

#20 blinkfan77

blinkfan77

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:30 PM

Totally agree. This board is high up in my fantasy bookmarks. Hard to find a better place for instant analysis, good opinions and discussions etc...Love it.
{16 Team H2H Points}

C.  Vogt
1B. Frazier
2B. Gordon
3B. Longoria
SS. Rollins
LF.  Carter
CF.  Kemp
RF. Stanton
Util. Morneau

DL: Tulowitzki
DL: Pollock

Bench:Bryant

SP. Fernandez, Kershaw, Hamels, Gray, Wheeler, Pineda, Kohler,Paxton, Miller, Milone

RP. Robertson Betances, Benoit, Feliz, Familia,