#1 bbythepier

bbythepier

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:44 PM

2 for 3, R, SB

Left my draft without a SS (allowed in Yahoo). I had Aoki/Victorino and did not need one of the little speedster SS with sub 700 OPS. Had to hit the wire after I moved a couple of guys to DL and settled on "skinny" Jhonny.

Don't care if I'm the only one who posts in this thread all year. He's my boy. Weight loss, contract year and any other cliche you wanna add.

#2 Nefarious Industrialist

Nefarious Industrialist

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:52 PM

He's my backup plan when Lowrie goes down. Maybe I should grab him now.

#3 bigbluecrew56

bigbluecrew56

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,513 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:42 PM

With SS looking like a cesspool on the wires i am surprised to see how low Peralta's ownership is especially in Yahoo. He hit a bomb off of Anderson and has had a nice run of multi hit games recently. Just two years ago he hit .300 with plus power and hitting 7th in a loaded lineup. He is also visually looking like he is in the best shape of his life. Giving me plenty of reasons to be starting him over Dre Simmons.
  • Fenam likes this

#4 bbythepier

bbythepier

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,038 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:19 AM

This schmohawk has been the perfect waiver wire SS thru 2 weeks. Shkinny Jhonny.
  • bigbluecrew56 likes this

#5 bigbluecrew56

bigbluecrew56

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,513 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:32 PM

Skinny Jhonny looks primed to repeat his 2010 year. 60 18 80 .290 is nothing to scoff at coming from your SS.

#6 bbythepier

bbythepier

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,038 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:40 PM

Skinny Jhonny looks primed to repeat his 2010 year. 60 18 80 .290 is nothing to scoff at coming from your SS.

Im just glad someone else is posting in this thread. When I made it, I was afraid it was going to be solo.

#7 ballfan4141

ballfan4141

On the Ballot

• Banned
  • 4,710 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:02 AM

he keeps hitting but can he really have or match his career year this late in his career.

#8 Alistair

Alistair

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:04 AM

I traded high. Good luck to him and owners, but I'm playing it safe and cashing out while I can.

#9 bigbluecrew56

bigbluecrew56

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,513 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:43 PM

Bomb off of Darvish. Peralta is locked in this year.

#10 ATLBraves

ATLBraves

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:42 PM

I'm thinkin about pickin Jhonny up, is he the real deal this year?

#11 tonguetied89

tonguetied89

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:01 PM

I really think so. He's been hitting the ball hard all year. Then add in the fact that he is hitting 6th in the Tigers lineup (behind Cabrera, Fielder, Martinez) he should continue to have lots of RBI opportunities.

#12 Wombat

Wombat

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,023 posts
  • Interests:Her name is Melanie Iglesias, google is your friend.

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:24 PM

He randomly did this the year before last year and he just never stopped. He really should be owned in all formats even 10 team. As a SS he probably will finish top 10 as long as he doesn't totally tank. 18-20 homers with 80+ RBI with his lineup slot.

#13 id10t

id10t

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:32 PM

I have to believe he's having the most underappreciated season in the game so far.
A fantastic rebound season thus far, in a dominant lineup.

Suffice it to say, he's really eased the loss of Reyes for me.

Edited by id10t, 29 May 2013 - 07:41 PM.
FWIW, the Player Index is generally a good bet to see if a player has a thread. It's updated almost daily.

10 Team Yahoo League - 20 man Roster - .5 PPR - Start - 1 (QB, TE, WR/TE, DST, K), 2 (RB, WR)

QB - Wilson, Roethlisberger, Palmer; RB - Lacy, Ball, Bush, Gore, Ingram, Starks; WR - Allen, A. Johnson, T. Smith, T. Austin, Bowe, Hopkins, Gordon; TE - Reed, Walker; DST - Seattle; K - Walsh

13 Team Yahoo League - 23 man Roster - 7 Player Keeper* - Points Based - Start - 1 (1B, 2B, SS, 3B, C, RP), 2 (Util), 3 (OF), 4 (SP)

C - Posey* (1B); 1B - Gonzalez*, Carter (OF), Butler; 2B - Cano*; SS - Reyes*; 3B - Ramirez; OF - Gomez*, Gordon, Dickerson, Duda (1B); SP - Wainwright*, Samardzija, Fister, Gee, Stroman, McCarthy, Locke, Latos, Koehler, Hammel, M. Gonzalez; RP - Rodriguez

4/20 - Traded Dickey for Straily/Morrow (ugh)
8/17 - Traded Yelich, Hahn, Danks for Butler, Latos, Koehler, Lincecum

#14 AvonBarksdale

AvonBarksdale

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:34 PM

He randomly did this the year before last year and he just never stopped. He really should be owned in all formats even 10 team. As a SS he probably will finish top 10 as long as he doesn't totally tank. 18-20 homers with 80+ RBI with his lineup slot.

Not looking so random anymore with the PED allegation :(

#15 ComericanPie

ComericanPie

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:34 PM

Just moved him for James Loney...didn't want to but didn't want to take that risk either.

#16 dzemens

dzemens

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,869 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:40 PM

Not looking so random anymore with the PED allegation :(

The guy has been a 15-20 HR threat pretty much his entire career, the average wont stick but the pop he is showing now has been there since he broke in. I guess one could assume with no real evidence that hes always been juicing but the pop being shown isnt a surprise.
"To be the man, you gotta beat the man!"

#17 Augie504

Augie504

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:42 PM

Been model of consistency batting .384 4 HR 10 RBI over last 30 days, hopefully he doesn't get suspended a midst the allegations of PED use, would be a huge blow to the Tigers and my fantasy team. That being said the thing i'm most surprised of from him this year, is the average the pop has always been there 21+ HR 4 times. But being a career .267 hitter a .338 AVG 1/3 of the way through the season is quite remarkable for him, like I said really hope he avoids suspension and can keep this season going.
  • BBWeekly likes this
16 team H2H dynasty league year #8(R,TB,1B,2B,3B,HR,RBI,SB,OBP,SLG,AVG) (IP,W,L,K/9, BB/9,CG,SV,HLD,WHIP,ERA,QS)

C- Joe Mauer
1B- Albert Pujols
2B- Chase Utley
3B- Martin Prado
SS- Troy Tulowitzki
LF- Curtis Granderson
CF- Jacoby Ellsbury
RF- Giancarlo Stanton
UTIL- Hunter Pence
BN-Victor Martinez, Johnny Peralta, David Freese, Yangervis Solarte, AJ Pierzynski

SP- Scott Kazmir, Tim Hudson, Tony Cingrani, Jose Quintana, Jesse Hahn, Dillon Gee, Ubaldo Jimeniz, AJ Burnett, Travis Wood
RP- Glen Perkins, Huston Street, Tommy Hunter, Joaquin Benoit, LaTroy Hawkins, Wade Davis, Marco Estrada
DL- CC Sabathia, Matt Moore
Minors- Engel Beltre, AJ Cole, Roberto Osuna

#18 BBWeekly

BBWeekly

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Interests:Wall Street Escapee. Pirates, Spurs, Bills and Sabres. Bodybuilding, statistics, travel and Senate politics.

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:03 AM

Welcome to the Rotoworld forums! For advice on your roster, please create a thread in the Bench Coach Help subforum. Thanks.

- Mods
Yorkville Digitbangers:  11 team expert league, re-draft auction (max five keepers at last year's costs plus ten) $300 salary cap.  No head to head.  All that matters is year end standings.
Batting - HR, AVG, SB, RBI (no runs)   Pitching - ERA, W-L, SO-BB, S  *=not active
Only 8 roster moves allowed per year (not including DL replacements).  Remaining:  None

C - Mauer, Rosario, Grandal*
1B - C.Davis*, Loney
SS - Jeter, Villar*
2B - Rendon, Dozier
3B - P.Alvarez, Harrison
OF - Trumbo, Polanco, R.Davis, T.Hunter, E.Young, Willingham*
SP - Teheran, Cobb, Cole, Hughes, Paxton, Odorizzi, Liriano, Hudson*, Tillman*, Eovaldi*, Hutchison*, Santiago*
RP - McGee, Keuchel, Crain*
Drafted and released - K.Johnson, Santos, A.Bradley, Fielder, Broxton, D.Webb, Balfour, Estrada
Traded - Ozuna (for Santiago and two roster moves)
Shields, Desmond, Espinosa, L.Martin, Gordon & Britton for Teheran, Dozier, Villar, E.Young, T.Hunter, & Hutchison

#19 Howie

Howie

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:34 PM

Is Peralta a sell high or a hold?

#20 NyMetsfan5

NyMetsfan5

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,980 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:38 PM

Is Peralta a sell high or a hold?

how in the world would you sell high on a guy like this who would give you anything of equal value. keep him and enjoy your free waiver wire ss. he should continue to be solid in that lineup
  • PPolanco likes this
[size=5]Die hard Ny Giants fan and Ny Knicks fan [/size]

"What do we need anybody for? We have Victor Cruz.”
-Coach Tom Coughlin

NFL Favorite Players; Victor Cruz and Cj Spiller
NBA favorite players: Carmelo Anthony(of course) and Damian Lillard (better than Kyrie when its all said and done), Giannis Antetokounmpo aka the Greek Freak

President of Matt Harvey Fan club(get well soon) and now an official MANBEARPUIG member   Tee shirts coming soon

#RealDealWheeler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users