Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
- - - - -

Week 1 Waiver Wire Touts: 3/31 - 4/7

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
31 replies to this topic

#1 Pusherman

Pusherman

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:22 AM

A reminder for all on how it works - a weekly thread will be posted and pinned, for all of you who need to *already* find replacements (DOH). Each week, the old thread will be de-pinned, and a new thread (Week 2, Week 3, etc.) to keep the touts current, given how the guys that are likely to be found on the WW changes from week to week and given the popularity of weekly H2H matchups.

A reminder that this is meant to tout players you may find on the WW that you feel other owners should consider - but it's not meant for Bench Coach discussion (who to drop for 'em, owner's lineup decisions, etc. - that's for the Bench Coach Forum), as per the FBB Posting Rules. So, please no BC questions - if it provides general information that all can use, it's fair game. Again, this isn't a thread to ask about players in your league - it's to tout potential WW players. If you believe a guy is worth *consideration*, post away.

As for your touts, there are no specifics - but as a guide, as we're talking the WW, feel free to look at the CBS/Yahoo/ESPN ownership rates - it will give a great idea if a guy is really a WW tout or not. As the WW varies, if you have deep league touts, feel free to post - qualifying them for deep leagues has helped in the past. Also, you can stipulate if you think it's a great 1-week play, a streamer, a great long-term play, or whatever.

Edited by dzemens, 03 April 2013 - 09:36 AM.
Post edited to include proper direction the WW Tout thread.

#2 jb_power

jb_power

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:47 AM

For deep leagues that start 5 OFers some possibles on the WW that can help are Colin Cowgill, Geraldo Parra and Chris Heisey

#3 baltimore_boy

baltimore_boy

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,706 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:37 AM

I'd recommend any pitcher facing Houston. The Astros may hit some, but if the pitcher goes 6 innings he can be considered a lock for double digit K's. Their lineup is full of free swingers.
Bring back Ray!

#4 bheffner33

bheffner33

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:59 AM

2 Starts for Maurer next week. Would grab him before his start this week, just in case

#5 Z06vette

Z06vette

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,260 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:33 PM

For deep leagues that start 5 OFers some possibles on the WW that can help are Colin Cowgill, Geraldo Parra and Chris Heisey

I'll add Nolan Reimold to this list. If he can stay healthy, might be gold from the WW if you need OF help. The key words here is IF and Healthy.
"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." - Jimi Hendrix

"A pessimist sees only the dark side of the clouds, and mopes; a philosopher sees both sides, and shrugs; an optimist doesn’t see the clouds at all – he’s walking on them. " - Leonard Louis Levinson

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” - John Lennon

#6 jb_power

jb_power

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:39 PM

I'll add Nolan Reimold to this list. If he can stay healthy, might be gold from the WW if you need OF help. The key words here is IF and Healthy.

Not sure why I neglected Reimold. I actually added him as a replacement for 1 of my DL'd OFers on Sunday.

#7 coleporter

coleporter

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:59 PM

Evan Gattis for the short term.
C Vogt
1B Jose Abreu
2B Altuve
3B Castellanos
SS Danny Santana
OF Puig
OF JD Martinez
Of Myers
UTL Ozuna

Bench:, Yan Gomes (7 Day DL), Calhoun, Baez
Multi-Position: Castellanos (OF, 3B), Santana (SS,OF), Vogt (C, 1B, OF) Baez (SS,2B)
SP: Alex Wood Teheran, Arrieta, Wada, Harang, Carrasco . RP: Rosenthal, Gregerson
DL: Doolittle, Goldschmidt

#8 dsw283

dsw283

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:51 PM

Bartolo Colon is expected to pitch Saturday against Houston for a decent stream.

#9 Theoneupper

Theoneupper

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,373 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:01 PM

Fowler is he is still available. Im a believer.

#10 jb_power

jb_power

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:22 PM

Fowler is he is still available. Im a believer.

It would have to be in a seriously shallow league

#11 WahooManiac

WahooManiac

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,596 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:46 PM

Porcello vs the twins for a mid range streamer
Good pitching will beat good hitting anytime, and vice versa. -Bob Veale

We're reaching the pt where you can be a truly dedicated, state-of-the-art fan or you can have a life. Take your pick. -Thomas Boswell

#12 Posting In The Clutch

Posting In The Clutch

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,566 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:02 PM

Jose Fernandez

Oh my friends, my friends, forgive me

That I live and you are gone.

There's a grief that can't be spoken.

There's a pain goes on and on.

#13 Skoodog

Skoodog

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,772 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:04 PM

Tyler Flowers hit another bomb and could seriously be in contention to be a great C play ROS.

Catcher is deeper than it's been in a while this year.
Legend has it...they don't check on the weekends...

#14 Fenam

Fenam

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:26 PM

Brantley is looking like a GREAT 4-5 outfielder.

4-4, RBI, R tonight

"He who knows much about others is learned, but he who understands himself is more intelligent. He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still."

- Lao-Tsu, Tao Teh King

#15 Pusherman

Pusherman

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:01 PM

Ubaldo Jimenez

#16 mevins31

mevins31

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:30 PM

Gerardo Parra
http://diamondhoggers.com - A baseball blog about everything baseball

#17 Nick Mitchell

Nick Mitchell

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:07 PM

Gerardo Parra

Beat me to the punch. He's on fire out of the gate, and Eaton's playing time may be threatened if he stays this hot. (Although, with Eaton being out until possibly late May, there's always just as much of a chance that Parra falters rather than take advantage of the extended chance and starter's AB/lead-off spot in that lineup and he may become irrelevant, but for now, ride him! If people were on the Willie Bloomquist train at the beginning of last year, then this guy's ownership needs to be a LOT higher than it is by morning!)
let your members encourage my suicide. besides, I kinda wanna _

#18 Z06vette

Z06vette

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,260 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:56 PM

Another one is Jed Lowrie. Even though he plays in Oakland now, here's a SS with some good pop. Health is the key here too. If Lowrie could stay healthy for a full season, who knows what kind of profit you're looking at, especially if you get him off the WW. I realize he may be owned in some leagues. Looks like ownership is around 56% with ESPN currently. Lowrie has 2 doubles tonight against Seattle.
"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." - Jimi Hendrix

"A pessimist sees only the dark side of the clouds, and mopes; a philosopher sees both sides, and shrugs; an optimist doesn’t see the clouds at all – he’s walking on them. " - Leonard Louis Levinson

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” - John Lennon

#19 budman

budman

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:01 PM

Gattis? Not sure how much playing time he will get, but he has pop, so may be forced to find time.

#20 Beefbowl

Beefbowl

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:25 PM

Another one is Jed Lowrie. Even though he plays in Oakland now, here's a SS with some good pop. Health is the key here too. If Lowrie could stay healthy for a full season, who knows what kind of profit you're looking at, especially if you get him off the WW. I realize he may be owned in some leagues. Looks like ownership is around 56% with ESPN currently. Lowrie has 2 doubles tonight against Seattle.

Sitting on my bench today :cry:
H2H 8x8 10 teams non-keeper - R, HR, RBI, BB, SB, K, TB, AVG - W, L, CG, S, K, ERA, WHIP, QS

C - S. Perez
1B - P. Goldschmidt
2B - R. Cano
3B -E. Longoria
SS - M. Prado
OF - S. Choo
OF - B. Harper
OF - J. Willingham
UT - L. Berkman
UT - F. Freeman

SP - H. Ryu, M. Estrada, K. Medlen, D. Haren, H. Bailey, M. Moore, M. Scherzer, A. Cobb
RP - B. League, J. Veras

BN - J. Lowrie, L. Cain, E. Hosmer, C. Crawford