Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

- - - - -

Justin Turner 2013 Outlook

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 LIONS FAN-dsn

LIONS FAN-dsn

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,458 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:28 AM

In Yahoo, Turner has 1B/2B/3B/OF eligibility.  I remember he was a prospect the Tigers wanted to keep but since nobody's untouchable he was eventually traded.

Now here he is as the Mets every day 2B...  What kind of skills or categories can this guy help us in?  I don't know much about him, but his eligibility is nice, and if he was a hot prospect for a while I wonder what he can offer?

2B is so very thin.
14 Team H2H Redraft League

C- Carlos Santana
1B- Anthony Rizzo
2B- Brian Dozier
3B- Chase Headley
SS- Troy Tulowitzki
OF- Shin-Soo Choo
OF- Billy Hamilton
OF- Jose Bautista
Util- Gregor Polanco

Bench: Mookie Betts, Brandon Belt, Edwin Encarnacion-DL

SP: Julio Teheran, Corey Kluber, Dallas Keuchel, Gio Gonzalez, Jesse Hahn, Jimmy Nelson

RP: David Robertson, Mark Melancon, Jenry Mejia

#2 WahooManiac

WahooManiac

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:13 AM

Jacob Turner was the Det pitching prospect. Justin Turner came up w the Reds and and Os before now the Mets, and is worthless in any format.  Low OBP, power, speed, and playing time w/o some injuries. No position is so thin that this guys is worth grabbin, be willing to bet this is the only site w a player thread on him lol. And by accident at that ha

Edited by WahooManiac, 06 April 2013 - 11:14 AM.

Good pitching will beat good hitting anytime, and vice versa.  -Bob Veale

We're reaching the pt where you can be a truly dedicated, state-of-the-art fan or you can have a life.  Take your pick.  -Thomas Boswell

#3 Mongeese

Mongeese

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:34 AM

Murphy is the everyday 2B.  Turner is eligible at all IF positions, but not in the OF (although he did log some spring innings out there).  While the ability to play several positions makes him valuable to the Mets (and landed him a place on my watch list), he's not worth grabbing at this time.  When injuries strike later in the year, he may be a useful bench add in daily leagues.