Jump to content

Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

- - - - -

Dennis Pitta 2013 Season Outlook


  • Please log in to reply
203 replies to this topic

#1 J.T. Marlin

J.T. Marlin

    Allstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:31 PM

Anyone else really starting to really like this guy?  The team just gave Flacco a monster contract, Boldin is gone, and the BAL Def could really take a step back this year.  These things all really bode well for Pitta's fantasy value.  He seems to be the consensus #6 TE behind Graham, Gronk, Hernandez, Gonzo, and Witten.  I guess he's being appropriately ranked and likely won't be a bargain but I'm still liking his potential to build on last season's break-out.

#2 DocJ

DocJ

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Minnesota

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:42 PM

I think TE rankings #6-10 will be very interchangeable this season. Olson, Pitta, Cook, VD...heck you could even throw in Rudolph and Daniels in there. Out of that group I would lean towards targeting Pitta and VD.
GO VIKES!!!!!!!

#3 Robrain

Robrain

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,291 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:40 PM

I wouldn't reach for him ahead of Antonio Gates, but in a later round if I hadn't picked up a TE, sure.

View PostHolben, on 20 July 2012 - 04:44 PM, said:

Jackie Battle...Better than Chris Johnson...

Rotoworld Mock Draft Real League - 12-Team PPR (Teamname: "Maniac Allstars"):
QB: Andrew Luck
WR1: Calvin Johnson - WR2: Torrey Smith - Bench: Josh Gordon, Chris Givens, Ryan Broyles
RB1: Mikel LeShoure - RB2: Dexter McCluster - Bench: Montario Hardesty, Kevin Smith
TE: Dennis Pitta
FLEX: Tony Gonzalez
K: Greg Zuerlein

#4 J.T. Marlin

J.T. Marlin

    Allstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:37 PM

View PostRobrain, on 08 April 2013 - 03:40 PM, said:

I wouldn't reach for him ahead of Antonio Gates, but in a later round if I hadn't picked up a TE, sure.

You like Gates better than Pitta for 2013??!  Care to expound on that.  One player is peaking in his career (Pitta) and the other is clearly on the down slope (Gates).  I don't think we will ever see the old Gates again and there's no way I would target him as my starting TE.

#5 Robrain

Robrain

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,291 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:08 PM

One of my leagues is TD-heavy, so I'd definitely rather take a gamble on Gates, especially since there are other TE's with similar upside that I could still roster as my backup for Gates.

View PostHolben, on 20 July 2012 - 04:44 PM, said:

Jackie Battle...Better than Chris Johnson...

Rotoworld Mock Draft Real League - 12-Team PPR (Teamname: "Maniac Allstars"):
QB: Andrew Luck
WR1: Calvin Johnson - WR2: Torrey Smith - Bench: Josh Gordon, Chris Givens, Ryan Broyles
RB1: Mikel LeShoure - RB2: Dexter McCluster - Bench: Montario Hardesty, Kevin Smith
TE: Dennis Pitta
FLEX: Tony Gonzalez
K: Greg Zuerlein

#6 theSPANKER

theSPANKER

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:45 PM

View PostJ.T. Marlin, on 08 April 2013 - 04:37 PM, said:

View PostRobrain, on 08 April 2013 - 03:40 PM, said:

I wouldn't reach for him ahead of Antonio Gates, but in a later round if I hadn't picked up a TE, sure.

You like Gates better than Pitta for 2013??!  Care to expound on that.  One player is peaking in his career (Pitta) and the other is clearly on the down slope (Gates).  I don't think we will ever see the old Gates again and there's no way I would target him as my starting TE.

I'm with you for the exact same reason.  I'd rather take a chance on Pitta or Cook, even Olsen.  So Gates will be long gone before I would take him.
12-man 1pt PPR redraft league, start 2 RB/2WRs with 1 RB/WR/TE Flex All TDs 6pts, 15 Man Roster

QBs - Stafford
RBs - Andre Brown, Jennings, Vereen, Sproles, Ray Rice
WRs - Dez Bryant, Desean Jackson, Allen, Bokin
TE - Reed, Walker
K - Vinatieri
Panthers, Texans D

#7 zpahvgjp

zpahvgjp

    Double-A

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:23 PM

I wouldn't reach for him ahead of Antonio GatesPosted Image

#8 J.T. Marlin

J.T. Marlin

    Allstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:39 PM

No TE and only 1 WR drafted (a 7th rd selection) by BAL.  Pitta should seemingly have all the targets he can handle this season.  In a contract year, he's really shaping up to be one of key picks at TE this season.  I will be targeting him aggressively.

#9 baltimore_boy

baltimore_boy

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,494 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Baltimore, MD

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:01 PM

I think Pitta will play more WR this year than TE. Dickson is fine at TE, but Mellete and Streeter seem raw and Doss has stone hands. Pitta should be the main target in the RZ and rack up some solid TD numbers. I like him this year, but I like all Ravens so take it for what it's worth.

Edited by baltimore_boy, 29 April 2013 - 05:01 PM.

Bring back Ray!

RotoJunction.com

#10 DocJ

DocJ

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Minnesota

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:34 AM

Pitta is starting to look like my clear main "wait on TE late" target. If I miss out on him I may just throw in the homer pick and draft Rudolph.
GO VIKES!!!!!!!

#11 RespectMyAuthority

RespectMyAuthority

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:03 PM

I've got Pitta potentially #4 at TE right now, but think he'll settle in around #5 or 6.

Tough choice between Pitta, Tony Gonzalez and Witten for me right now in PPR, but I'm firmly putting Pitta ahead of Vernon Davis.

#12 dzemens

dzemens

    All-Time Great

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,061 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Mitten

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:00 PM

Ruh Roh.

@RavensInsider: Tight end Dennis Pitta carted off the field after collision with safety James Ihedigbo. Injury and severity unknown
"To be the man, you gotta beat the man!"

#13 Deadpool

Deadpool

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,938 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:05 PM

Wow, everyone is dropping like flies.
$$$ Keeper League - 12 Team 0.5 PPR, All TD's = 6 points
(11-2) Regular Season - 1st Place, Playoff Runner Up
QB: N. Foles
RB: E. Lacy, R. Bush, G. Bernard, S. Vereen, A. Brown, (L. Murray)
WR: C. Johnson, M. Wallace, J. Nelson, P. Harvin, J. Blackmon
TE: J. Graham, D. Pitta, (R. Gronkowski)

#14 Suikoden

Suikoden

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:07 PM

and this is why you don't draft so far before the season :)
20 team keeper H2H (took over the team), standard Yahoo.  Keepers below.  NA's get put into NA slots (5 max)
C:  d'Arnaud 1B: Eric Hosmer 2B: Brad Miller SS: Owings 3B: Manny Machado OF: Stanton OF: Heyward OF: Myers
Util:  Jose Abreu Bench: Avila, Schoop, Solarte, Baez (NA)
SP: Homer Bailey SP: Shelby Miller RP: Rosenthal RP: Soria P: Motte, Broxton, Withrow, Storen, Allen, Webb
Bench: Pineda, Ryu, Stroman and Meyer (Both NA's)
Trades: 1) Taijuan Walker and 5th rounder for Ryu and 4th rounder

Money league Roto
C- McCann 1B) Mash Abreu 2b) Altuve 3b) E5 SS) Rollins OF- McCutch, Harper, Werth Util- Melky Hosmer
Bench: Springer, Hill, Carlos Sant NAs: Bryant
SPs:  Sale, Cain, Ventura, Hudson Garza RA Dickey RPs:  Reed Balfour Papelbon Farnsworth  DL- Walker
Trades: 1) Joey Bats and Panda for E5 and Werth 2) Morse for RA Dickey 3) Soria for Garza 4) Braun and Mesoraco for McCutch and McCann

#15 Coprolagnia

Coprolagnia

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:15 PM

View PostSuikoden, on 27 July 2013 - 03:07 PM, said:

and this is why you don't draft so far before the season :)

Because there won't be any players injured after you draft?

#16 Deadpool

Deadpool

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,938 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:19 PM

View PostCoprolagnia, on 27 July 2013 - 03:15 PM, said:

View PostSuikoden, on 27 July 2013 - 03:07 PM, said:

and this is why you don't draft so far before the season :)

Because there won't be any players injured after you draft?

Yeah, I don't get why people say this.  Seriously.  Players will get hurt regardless of when you draft.
$$$ Keeper League - 12 Team 0.5 PPR, All TD's = 6 points
(11-2) Regular Season - 1st Place, Playoff Runner Up
QB: N. Foles
RB: E. Lacy, R. Bush, G. Bernard, S. Vereen, A. Brown, (L. Murray)
WR: C. Johnson, M. Wallace, J. Nelson, P. Harvin, J. Blackmon
TE: J. Graham, D. Pitta, (R. Gronkowski)

#17 SecondString

SecondString

    Allstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:25 PM

View PostDeadpool, on 27 July 2013 - 03:19 PM, said:

View PostCoprolagnia, on 27 July 2013 - 03:15 PM, said:

View PostSuikoden, on 27 July 2013 - 03:07 PM, said:

and this is why you don't draft so far before the season :)

Because there won't be any players injured after you draft?

Yeah, I don't get why people say this.  Seriously.  Players will get hurt regardless of when you draft.
Ummm, maybe because the later you draft, the greater the number of injuries that will have already occurred??  Before they are on your roster??

#18 Taxman

Taxman

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oklahoma C

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:33 PM

I think more injuries happen during the season. No proof but a hunch. That being said, the injuries are piling up. Really hoping Pitta is okay.  If not, Graham will keep moving up my board

Edited by Taxman, 27 July 2013 - 03:36 PM.

1st Fantasy pick ever Thurman Thomas #3 Overall.  Should have taken Jerry Rice.

#19 SecondString

SecondString

    Allstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:36 PM

View PostTaxman, on 27 July 2013 - 03:33 PM, said:

I think more injuries happen during the season. No proof but a hunch

Of course they do.  That doesn't change the fact that you could avoid rostering a certain percentage of injured players by having later draft dates.

#20 Taxman

Taxman

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oklahoma C

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:40 PM

View PostSecondString, on 27 July 2013 - 03:36 PM, said:

View PostTaxman, on 27 July 2013 - 03:33 PM, said:

I think more injuries happen during the season. No proof but a hunch

Of course they do.  That doesn't change the fact that you could avoid rostering a certain percentage of injured players by having later draft dates.
I understand but there are positives and negatives with early and late drafts. Sleepers are harder to get later if you draft late. I just think it's easy to say don't draft early after a couple injuries happen. I got Hamster in the 5th of a 16 team draft last year. Early can be beneficial also
1st Fantasy pick ever Thurman Thomas #3 Overall.  Should have taken Jerry Rice.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users