Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
- - - - -

Chris Archer 2013 Outlook

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
237 replies to this topic

#1 dorsett33

dorsett33

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:59 PM

With Neimann going down with shoulder surgery any chance the Rays will call up Chris Archer?

#2 yanksman

yanksman

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,269 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:06 PM

Neimann wasnt in the rotation anyway

#3 FISH ON

FISH ON

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:07 PM

Archer could be a nice speculative add, has good upside if he can gain control of his arsenal. They still have Hernandez as the 5th, but Archer could be up soon. They also have Jake Odorizzi as a fallback option should injury or ineffectiveness befall one of the 5/6.
“There is nothing better than getting shot at and missed. It’s really great.” Gen "Mad Dog" Mattis

“The most important six inches on the battlefield is between your ears.” Gen "Mad Dog Mattis

“There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim.” Gen "Mad Dog" Mattis

"You must first realize the prison of your mind.......before you can escape it". author unknown

My comments and assessments are meant for long term keeper and dynasty leagues, not for redrafts

#4 herschel

herschel

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,281 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:13 PM

Archer could be a nice speculative add, has good upside if he can gain control of his arsenal. They still have Hernandez as the 5th, but Archer could be up soon. They also have Jake Odorizzi as a fallback option should injury or ineffectiveness befall one of the 5/6.

Is Archer definitely ahead of Odorizzi in the pecking order?
12 team, PPR, redraft

QB - Romo, Cam
RB - Lacy, R. Matthews, CJ Anderson, J. McKinnon, Ivory, Chris Johnson, Starks
WR - A. Brown, Hilton, Decker, Shorts
TE - Gronk
K - Hauschka
DST - Chargers, Rams

#5 AvonBarksdale

AvonBarksdale

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:13 PM

Ugh. This thread got me excited that he was called up. Damn you!

#6 holyBrowns

holyBrowns

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:14 PM

Neimann wasnt in the rotation anyway

Yes, but Niemann was next in line in the rotation behind Carmona (I don't call him Roberto Hernandez). Archer has to be the obvious call-up if Fausto falters.
14 Team Total Points - Weekly Lineup Locks [hitting scoring] 1 pt per single, run, rbi, bb, sb, hbp - 2 pts per double - 3 pts per triple - 4 pts per home run [pitching scoring] 15 pts per win, 3 pts per QS, 2 pts per CG, 1 pt per K, 10 pts per no hitter, 5 pts per perfect game, 8 pts per save, relief win
C: Yan Gomes
1B: Anthony Rizzo
2B: Dustin Pedroia
3B: Kyle Seager
SS: Starlin Castro
OF: Mike Trout
OF: Giancarlo Stanton
OF: Alex Rios
DH: David Ortiz
SP: Zack Greinke
SP: Jered Weaver
SP: Johnny Cueto
RP: Jason Grilli
Bench: Bogaerts, Polanco, Morneau, Iwakuma, Peavy, Colon, Simon, Buehrle, Kelly, Chavez

#7 BxBOMBERs28

BxBOMBERs28

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,778 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:24 PM

Damn this just got me excited.

#8 dorsett33

dorsett33

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:33 PM

Carmona/Hernandez wont last long in the #5 spot. In my mind its either Archer or Odirizzi as their 5th. Looks like Archer had a good 1st start at Triple A Durham. He's one to watch closely.

#9 budman

budman

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:09 PM

Yeah I don't see Hernandez panning out for them, not in that division. I think we will see one of Archer or Odorizzi soon.

#10 Posting In The Clutch

Posting In The Clutch

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,720 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:45 PM

Archer has considerably more upside than Hernandez and Odorizzi. He'll be up fairly soon, IMO.

"...and woe betide fateful curiosity should it ever succeed in peering through a crack in the chamber of consciousness, out and down into the depths, and thus gain an intimation of the fact that humanity, in the indifference of its ignorance, rests on the pitiless, the greedy, the insatiable, the murderous."

-Nietzsche

#11 Orion Braun

Orion Braun

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:50 PM

Carmona/Hernandez wont last long in the #5 spot. In my mind its either Archer or Odirizzi as their 5th. Looks like Archer had a good 1st start at Triple A Durham. He's one to watch closely.

So did Odorizzi (6.2IP, 4H, 0ER, 2BB, 8K). I think Archer is probably a notch about Odorizzi in the minds of management, as Odorizzi still has some aspects to improve, but if Archer can't cut it, Odorizzi will be there to step in. Both are close to MLB-ready and both certainly have upside for fantasy purposes.
No one cares about my teams...

#12 indoorkid

indoorkid

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:39 PM

Why is this thread here if he's not in the majors?

#13 grimsfield

grimsfield

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,731 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:52 PM

this guys walk rate screams... "meh"
"The base paths belonged to me, the runner. The rules gave me the right. I always went into a bag full speed, feet first. I had sharp spikes on my shoes. If the baseman stood where he had no business to be and got hurt, that was his fault."

#14 Clutch is Eli

Clutch is Eli

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:53 AM

I think he gets the call sometime in the coming weeks. Hernandez did not look great today, and Archer has some serious upside. He's definitely on my radar. Question is... who would you rather have in a keeper Archer or Straily?
What does Eli Manning tell all the doubters?

Nothing. He already told them twice.

AAANNNND HERE. WE. GO!!

#15 Posting In The Clutch

Posting In The Clutch

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,720 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:41 AM

Why is this thread here if he's not in the majors?

He was in the Majors last year.

"...and woe betide fateful curiosity should it ever succeed in peering through a crack in the chamber of consciousness, out and down into the depths, and thus gain an intimation of the fact that humanity, in the indifference of its ignorance, rests on the pitiless, the greedy, the insatiable, the murderous."

-Nietzsche

#16 zubaz4fans

zubaz4fans
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:10 AM

I think he gets the call sometime in the coming weeks. Hernandez did not look great today, and Archer has some serious upside. He's definitely on my radar. Question is... who would you rather have in a keeper Archer or Straily?

More importantly, who gets the call first?

#17 newcastle922

newcastle922

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:02 AM

If Hernandez falters or an injury occurs, think Archer gets the call first? Just saw Odorizzi is doing even better in AAA.

#18 LUNT101

LUNT101

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:48 AM

The numbers alone say Odorizzi is more ready. Higher strikeout rate, lower walk rate, and overall more success so far this season. I wouldn't know though.
I like this site

#19 lockey2k

lockey2k

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:00 AM

Is there any reason to believe Archer has been recalled? This thread got me all excited, but seems to be a let down..
16 Team 0.5PPR (The Big G.Kowskis)
QB - Stafford
RB - Lacy
WR - Gordon, H. Douglas
TE - Gronkowski
K - Gostkowksi
D - SEA/DAL
BN - S. Smith, K. Allen, M. Crabtree, D. Johnsn

#20 klove42

klove42

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,972 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:05 AM

Is there any reason to believe Archer has been recalled? This thread got me all excited, but seems to be a let down..

No, someone just asked about the possibility of him being up if Hernandez struggles.
No Days Off