Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Fantasy Football H-2-H Dynasty League IDPs/DTs/Practice Squad/35-Player Rosters ($50 Entry)Seeking an experienced individual to inherit the reigns of a team

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 theyoungfreshone

theyoungfreshone

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:08 PM

***PLEASE READ EVERYTHING TO FAMILIARIZE YOURSELF WITH ALL OF THE DETAILS OF THE LEAGUE***

Hello everyone,

I am seeking 3 individuals who are capable and willing to inherit a vacant team in my league. Being that my previous recruitment searches on Rotoworld have worked out rather well, I've decided to come recruit here again. But those recruitment searches primarily took place for my Fantasy Basketball and Fantasy Baseball leagues. I would think that Fantasy Football will yield even more competitive spirits and with a stronger desire to win.

To reiterate, I am seeking 3 managers to join my Yahoo Fantasy Football 10-team Head-to-Head Dynasty league.

The league format is a full-retention dynasty league meaning you may retain each and every one of your players from one season to the next.

Please familiarize yourselves with all of the details in this post because my league is more complex than the average league. Namely, we use Defensive Tackles in our Individual Defensive Player (IDP) pool but not only that, last season there was a bit of an issue regarding teams being vacated and even active managers occasionally forgetting to set lineups in their entirety, leaving holes in lineups and points off the board, which resulted in certain teams winning and losing games they essentially should not have and standings being decisively altered in the end.

So, in an effort to remedy this problem, I implemented an effective voting system which allows any and all managers to vote among the choices provided as potential reinforcements for the roster in question to achieve a full active roster on gameday. There are plenty of hurdles with which to concern yourself so that your roster doesn't have to be one that is decided in this manner. First is bye-week dilemmas, which means if you do not possess a backup at a certain position, lets use TE for example, and your starter has a Bye that week, if you fail to add one with your alottment of 3 weekly moves (whether by refusal, forgetful or simple neglect) via Free Agency, trades, or obtain one using any other avenue at your disposal, one will be appointed for your team for that week (and possibly longer). In the process, you run the risk of losing one of your players if you fail to address any roster voids. Keep in mind there are only 3 moves per week so it would be wise to plan in advance if possible so as to not leave yourself scrambling for a replacement at the last minute which obviously reduces the quality of replacement you can choose from and not to mention if a 4th roster void presents itself during a given week, and you've only got 3 moves with which to address them, you are leaving yourself susceptible to not only losing a player but having your replacement be decided by your peers and especially your opposition that week.

This system was developed with the best of intentions, so as to afford everyone the same chance for a win on Sundays and ultimately serve as a means to ensure that the teams that do make the playoffs not only deserved to but did so in their rightful seeding. So basically, in a nutshell, every position must be filled with an active player every single week and if you do not or cannot address it yourselves, it will be addressed for you. If you do everything required of you as a manager such as plan accordingly and set your lineups with active bodies every week then you won't ever have to concern yourself with any potential inconvenience.

But enough about that, if you have any questions pertaining to the voting system or any of the other rules outlined (or not outlined) in this post, feel free to bring them to my attention.

Without further ado, let's get to the rosters.

Although all of the vacant teams missed the playoffs last season, all are equipped with talented pieces to build around and if not then they possess valuable commodities in their favorable draft position with which to obtain said talent. It should be no secret that their previous managers failed to properly tend to the rosters. Needless to say, my expectations are heightened this time around.

You will find that the rosters have been divided into three portions. First is the active roster with which the team concluded last season. Underneath that you will find a "Practice Squad" which is comprised of the players (up to 8) deemed inactive merely for fantasy purposes and therefore do not occupy a spot on the 27-man active roster but rather a place in the free agent pool, though off-imits to everyone other than the team in question. So those two portions of a roster make up the entire 35-player roster, with the third portion belonging to players who are truly inactive on the NFL level and thus documented along with the rest of the roster because they occupied a spot on the team just prior to their departure from active status (with the reason listed beside their name in asterisks).

Here are the rosters for the vacant teams in depth chart format (draft position in parentheses):

Team A (PIcks 1, 11, 21)
QB - Matthew Stafford, Ryan Tannehill
RB - Chris Johnson, Rashad Jennings, Jacquizz Rodgers
WR - Dwayne Bowe, Anquan Boldin, Brian Hartline, Jeremy Kerley, T.Y. Hilton
TE - Tony Gonzalez, Jermaine Gresham
K - Lawrence Tynes, Garrett Hartley
DT - Israel Idonije, Ahtyba Rubin
DE - Charles Johnson, Cameron Wake, Quinton Coples
LB - Derrick Johnson, Ryan Kerrigan, Jerrell Freeman
CB - Joe Haden, Tim Jennings, Antoine Winfield, Keenan Lewis
S - Eric Weddle

Practice Squad
Jake Locker
Pat Angerer
Shayne Graham
Michael Floyd
David Wilson
Beanie Wells
Earl Thomas
Michael Bush

Jon Beason *Injured Reserve*
Brian Orakpo *Injured Reserve*
Tim Hightower *Free Agent*
Aaron Kampman *Free Agent*
James Hall *Free Agent*
Johnny Knox *Retired*
Derrick Mason *Retired*
Patrick Kerney *Retired*
Nate Webster *Free Agent*

Team B (Picks 14, 25)
QB -  Robert Griffin III, Andy Dalton
RB -  Frank Gore, Michael Turner, Pierre Thomas
WR - Jordy Nelson, Reggie Wayne, Pierre Garcon, Brandon Lloyd, Malcom Floyd, Mario Manningham
TE - Antonio Gates
K - Shaun Suisham, Jason Hanson
DT - Jason Hatcher, Cullen Jenkins
DE - J.J. Watt, Kroy Biermann
LB - DeMarcus Ware, James Harrison, Wesley Woodyard, Dont'a Hightower
CB - Asante Samuel, Cary Wiliams, Jabari Greer
S - LaRon Landry, Harrison Smith

Practice Squad
Sam Bradford
Carson Palmer
Fred Jackson
D.J. Moore
Jared Cook
Jason Babin
Charles Woodson

Lardarius Webb *Injured Reserve*
Darrelle Revis *Injured Reserve*
Earnest Graham *Free Agent*
Brian Dawkins *Retired*
Chike Okeafor *Retired*

Team C (Picks 10, 22)
QB -  Andrew Luck, Philip Rivers
RB - Ray Rice, Ryan Mathews, Jonathan Dwyer
WR - Julio Jones, Miles Austin, Antonio Brown, Danny Amendola, Stephen Hill, Riley Cooper
TE - Owen Daniels, Coby Fleener
K - Adam Vinatieri
DT - Ndamukong Suh, B.J. Raji
DE - Cliff Avril, Justin Tuck, John Abraham
LB - A.J. Hawk, Mason Foster, David Harris, Philip Wheeler
CB - Quentin Jammer, Carlos Rogers, Nnamdi Asomugha
S - Mark Barron

Practice Squad
Brandon Weeden
Rueben Randle
David Nelson
Troy Polamalu
Mychal Kendricks
Johnathan Joseph
Ryan Mundy

Titus Young *Free Agent*
Nate Kaeding *Free Agent*
Kendall Hunter *Injured Reserve*
Roy Helu *Injured Reserve*
Ray Lewis *Retired*
Dre' Bly *Retired*
Brett Favre *Retired*
LeDainian Tomlinson *Retired*

It is a money-based league. $50 entry per person with that money going directly towards the prize money. First, second, and third place finishes are rewarded with monetary prizes at the conclusion of the season.

The payouts are as follows:

1st Place - $300 (6x money)
2nd Place - $150 (3x money)
3rd Place - $50 (money back)

The scoring is point-based. The following details what the scoring stats are and the amount of points awarded per stat.

Offense
Passing Yards (20 Yards per point)
Passing Touchdowns (6 Points)
Interceptions (-2 Points)
Rushing Yards (10 Yards per point)
Rushing Touchdowns (6 Points)
Reception Yards (10 yards per point)
Reception Touchdowns (6 Points)
2-Point Conversions (2 Points)
Fumbles Lost (-2 Points)

Kicking
Field Goals 0-19 Yards (3 Points)
Field Goals 20-29 Yards (3 Points)
Field Goals 30-39 Yards (3 Points)
Field Goals 40-49 Yards (4 Points)
Field Goals 50+ Yards (5 Points)
Point After Attempt Made (1 Point)

Defense
Tackle Solo (1 Point)
Tackle Assist (.5 Point)
Sack (4 Points)
Interception (4 Points)
Fumble Force (4 Points)
Fumble Recovery (2 Points)
Defensive Touchdown (6 Points)
Defensive Return Yardage (10 yards = 1 Point)
Pass Defended (1 Point)
Block Kick (3 Points)
Safety (2 Points)

Miscellaneous
Return Touchdown (6 Points)
Return Fumble (-2 Points)

The roster positions are QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, K, LB, LB, LB, DE, DE, DT, S, CB, CB, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN.

Waiver time is 2 days.

No maximum number for moves/trades.

Maximum player acquisitions per week is 3.

Trades are reviewed by yours truly (Commissioner).

$50 entry fee is required via PayPal prior to joining.

Valid e-mail address required.

Yahoo! ID required.

AOL Instant Messenger preferred but not required.

Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have via e-mail at theyoungfreshone@msn.com or send a message to my Rotoworld username theyoungfreshone.

I am a very fair commissioner and see to it that all teams throughout the league have an equal opportunity to succeed. This means possibly even vetoing and asking you to rework your trade(s) if I feel one party is receiving too much or too little return on their assets. But chances are I will not intervene unless I feel that one manager is deliberately trying to take advantage of another in a trade. Also, I will gladly work closely with those that seek my assistance.

Being that there is an unprecedented amount of teams available, the amount of variety being heightened as a result, I am confident that there will be plenty of interest and in fact I wouldn't be surprised if there is a lot of interest from multiple individuals in a particular team, for example. So, the ownership of the aforementioned teams will be distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis. Therefore, though you may want to get first "dibs" on a team, the only way to do so is to pay your league dues first. For instance, I cannot honor a verbal commitment to inherit ownership of a team as that does nothing but muddle things. Instead, I will grant ownership to the first person who pays and declares which team they want.

To those of you who are curious as to why if a good chunk of the league is vacant why not just redraft? Well the league has been ongoing for over 7 years (since 2005) and since the majority of the league is already in place it makes sense to fill the vacant spots as opposed to starting anew. Not to mention that the managers who have lasted this long have obviously been the more commited of the bunch and have taken their teams the last 7 years very seriously, so I don't feel that they should be penalized by forfeiting everything they've worked at until now simply to start over. If, for whatever reason, you feel uncomfortable inheriting someone else's creation then you're by no means obligated to join. It's a choice that you will have to be comfortable with if you are to join. Not everyone is capable of turning an inherited team into a contender but I am seeking those unique individuals who are open to and eager for the challenge.

With the NFL Draft being held exactly 2 weeks from today, and ours shortly thereafter (sometime between May 2-5) I am hopeful to have managers in place to be able to draft for themselves, otherwise if any of the teams remain vacant through the draft, the picks will be automated based on best available draftee (numerically) or we may have to postpone the draft altogether until we are able to have managers who can make their own selections.

So if you are interested, please act quickly in order to have your pick of the vacant teams as well as to have a say in which rookies are added to your roster of interest.

Thank you very much.

Best of luck.

#2 theyoungfreshone

theyoungfreshone

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:32 PM

April 25, 2013 Update: Team B has been claimed. Only the following two rosters remain. I have taken it upon myself to infuse the rosters with a bit more talent, by assigning some players in place of the least desirables and/or real-life FA players. Decisions must be made once real-life FAs sign new contracts so the roster flexibility is only afforded in the meantime.

Team A (PIcks 1, 11, 21)
QB - Matthew Stafford, Ryan Tannehill
RB - Chris Johnson, David Wilson, Michael Bush
WR - Dwayne Bowe, James Jones, Brian Hartline, Anquan Boldin, Jeremy Kerley, T.Y. Hilton
TE - Tony Gonzalez, Jermaine Gresham
K - Lawrence Tynes, Garrett Hartley
DT - Israel Idonije, Ahtyba Rubin
DE - Charles Johnson, Cameron Wake, Quinton Coples
LB - Derrick Johnson, Ryan Kerrigan, Jerrell Freeman
CB - Joe Haden, Tim Jennings, Antoine Winfield
S - Eric Weddle

Practice Squad
Jake Locker
Pat Angerer
Shayne Graham
Rashad Jennings
Jacquizz Rodgers
Keenan Lewis
Michael Floyd
Earl Thomas

Jon Beason *Injured Reserve*
Brian Orakpo *Injured Reserve*
Beanie Wells *Free Agent*
Tim Hightower *Free Agent*
Aaron Kampman *Free Agent*
James Hall *Free Agent*
Johnny Knox *Retired*
Derrick Mason *Retired*
Patrick Kerney *Retired*
Nate Webster *Free Agent*

Team C (Picks 10, 22)
QB - Andrew Luck, Philip Rivers, Brandon Weeden
RB - Ray Rice, Ryan Mathews, Jonathan Dwyer
WR - Julio Jones, Miles Austin, Antonio Brown, Danny Amendola
TE - Owen Daniels, Coby Fleener
K - Adam Vinatieri
DT - Ndamukong Suh, B.J. Raji
DE - Cliff Avril, Justin Tuck, Anthony Spencer
LB - A.J. Hawk, Mason Foster, David Harris, Philip Wheeler
CB - Johnathan Joseph, Carlos Rogers, Quentin Jammer
S - Mark Barron, Troy Polamalu

Practice Squad
David Nelson
Rueben Randle
Mychal Kendricks
Nnamdi Asomugha
Stephen Hill
Riley Cooper
Ryan Mundy
Nate Kaeding

Titus Young *Free Agent*
John Abraham *Free Agent*
Kendall Hunter *Injured Reserve*
Roy Helu *Injured Reserve*
Ray Lewis *Retired*
Dre' Bly *Retired*
Brett Favre *Retired*
LeDainian Tomlinson *Retired*

#3 lawilt

lawilt

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:26 PM

I'd like in. please email me at manramforpresident@gmail.com
16 Team Dynasty/Keeper League(8 Keepers)
QB, 2RB, 2WR, RB/WR, TE, DEF, K, 7 Bench spots
QB: Ben Roethlisbeger, Kirk Cousins
RB: Marshawn Lynch, Andre Ellington, Christine Michael, V Ballard, Latavius Murray, Jordan Todman, Edwin Baker
WR: Antonio Brown, Demaryius Thomas, Greg Jennings, Aldrick Robinson, Jeremy Kerley
TE: Jimmy Graham
Def: Seahwaks
K:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
12 Team Dynasty League
QB and any 9 combination of RB, WR, TE
QB: Romo, Alex Smith
RB: Jamal Charles, Forte, Andre Ellington, DeAngelo, Kenjon Barner, Edwin Baker, Shonn Greene, Rashad Jennings
WR: Antonio Brown, Demaryius Thomas, Hakeem Nicks, James Jones, Andre Holmes, Lance Moore, Aldrick Robinson
TE: Dennis Pitta, Brent Celek, Fasano
Def: Browns, Rams