Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
- - - - -

Oswaldo Arcia 2013 Outlook

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
93 replies to this topic

#21 Travdaddy10

Travdaddy10

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,470 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:53 PM

Oswaldo should eventually be an everyday player for the Twins. Can't see Hicks, Parmelee, or Wilkin getting AB's over him. I agree with Zumayaaaa, this kid looks like a really good hitter and has all the tools (AVG, Power, OBP).

He's hitting 3rd in the night cap.

#22 hard1

hard1

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,445 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:14 PM

Hmm I like that. Now a multi hit game is in order.

#23 MiggyRunsTings

MiggyRunsTings

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,422 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:59 PM

dudes scorching right now. might have to consider him although i hate burning my last weekly pickup this early in the week.

10-team H2H Standard ($200 Cap) 

QB: Peyton Manning $41
WR: Jeremy Maclin FA
WR: T.Y. Hilton (Via Trade)
RB: Lesean Mccoy $59
RB: Arian Foster (Via Trade)
TE: Greg Olsen $4
FLEX:  Mike Evans FA
K: Adam Vinatieri $1
DEF: Baltimore FA

B: WR DeAndre Hopkins $2, RB Tre Mason FA, RB Jerick McKinnon FA, WR Martavis Bryant, Indianapolis DST, RB Alfred Blue FA

#24 fletch44

fletch44

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:07 PM

I spotted him to fill out my Thursday roster. Might have to make it a long term pick up. He's looking legit.

#25 caseyatbat

caseyatbat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:37 PM

Right hitter, wrong team. If he was playing for say the phillies or reds or one of the hitting parks, he's an immediate pickup. As it stands is he better then the Ozuna kid from Miami? I don't think so.

#26 Posting In The Clutch

Posting In The Clutch

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,729 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:39 PM

Right hitter, wrong team. If he was playing for say the phillies or reds or one of the hitting parks, he's an immediate pickup. As it stands is he better then the Ozuna kid from Miami? I don't think so.

So that Ozuna kid from Miami is on the right team and in the right ballpark? What?

"...and woe betide fateful curiosity should it ever succeed in peering through a crack in the chamber of consciousness, out and down into the depths, and thus gain an intimation of the fact that humanity, in the indifference of its ignorance, rests on the pitiless, the greedy, the insatiable, the murderous."

-Nietzsche

#27 caseyatbat

caseyatbat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:44 PM

No he's not. I'm equating these two batters. Both good young hitters in a tough park, bad lineup. My question was, is he actually going to fare better? I'm not sure he would. Maybe you see something in this kid that jumps out more than Ozuna?

#28 mjk356

mjk356

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,713 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:50 PM

No he's not. I'm equating these two batters. Both good young hitters in a tough park, bad lineup. My question was, is he actually going to fare better? I'm not sure he would. Maybe you see something in this kid that jumps out more than Ozuna?

Arcia: .316/.373/.539, 56 HRs, 123 BB/293 Ks in 1606 minor league PAs. Decent lineup, poor hitter's park.

Ozuna: .274/.333/.487, 85 HRs, 157 BB/467 Ks in 1980 minor league PAs. Poor lineup, poor hitter's park.

#29 96mnc

96mnc

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,934 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:00 PM

JMHO but Arcia was the most underrated hitting prospect in the minors.

Ozuna has shocked me with his lack of Ks but it's a long season.

#30 treyjuice

treyjuice

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:03 PM

Apparently he has been concentrating on making contact more than hitting for power.

After his 4 hit game he said, "Today I was trying to put the ball in play and just try to take it easy," Arcia said, with teammate Wilkin Ramirez acting as a translator. "In the past I tried to hit home runs. Today I came with a different approach and tried to hit the ball the other way."

Being very honest saying that he usually tries to hit homers, but the next night he hit a HR and got a triple. I like him in deeper leagues and he is a better option than Parmalee for the Twins so he's worth the add in my opinion.

#31 foeplay

foeplay

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:52 PM

any speed/?

#32 holyBrowns

holyBrowns

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:01 PM

Is he going to be an everyday player or no? I'll pick him up in my free leagues without knowledge of this, but would like to know if anyone has any knowledge/opinions.
14 Team Total Points - Weekly Lineup Locks [hitting scoring] 1 pt per single, run, rbi, bb, sb, hbp - 2 pts per double - 3 pts per triple - 4 pts per home run [pitching scoring] 15 pts per win, 3 pts per QS, 2 pts per CG, 1 pt per K, 10 pts per no hitter, 5 pts per perfect game, 8 pts per save, relief win
C: Yan Gomes
1B: Anthony Rizzo
2B: Dustin Pedroia
3B: Kyle Seager
SS: Starlin Castro
OF: Mike Trout
OF: Giancarlo Stanton
OF: Alex Rios
DH: David Ortiz
SP: Zack Greinke
SP: Jered Weaver
SP: Johnny Cueto
RP: Jason Grilli
Bench: Bogaerts, Polanco, Morneau, Iwakuma, Peavy, Colon, Simon, Buehrle, Kelly, Chavez

#33 Chubbles

Chubbles

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,737 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:03 PM

He's played well so far and parmlee stinks so I say he stays. If he stays he will play bc it's pointless to have him sit.
16 Team 10 Player Keeper (2013 Champion!!!!!)
Hitters: Molina, Davis, Tulowitzki, Pedroia, Beltre, Ellsbury, Puig, Kemp, Melky, Prado, Russell, Reyes, Hill, Grandal, Josh hamilton, Morneau

Pitchers: Wainwright, Fernandez, Bumgarner, Hamels, Lincecum, Ventura, Chavez, Kazmir, Bauer, Mejia, Britton

#34 Tchaikovsky08

Tchaikovsky08

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:06 PM

Is he going to be an everyday player or no? I'll pick him up in my free leagues without knowledge of this, but would like to know if anyone has any knowledge/opinions.

Gardenhire has indicated that Arcia is here to play -- otherwise, he'd still be in the minors. I would expect relatively consistent playing time, with a day off here or there.

#35 96mnc

96mnc

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,934 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:25 PM

any speed/?

Not really for base stealing. Played a little cf on the minors but he's really just a hitter.

#36 holyBrowns

holyBrowns

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:39 PM

Gardenhire has indicated that Arcia is here to play -- otherwise, he'd still be in the minors. I would expect relatively consistent playing time, with a day off here or there.

All I need to hear. Just dealt Fowler to get Reynolds in a points league, hopefully I won't miss a beat with Arcia. Did a quick google news search and everything I've read seems to think he's here to stay and he'll be a mainstay in the lineup.
14 Team Total Points - Weekly Lineup Locks [hitting scoring] 1 pt per single, run, rbi, bb, sb, hbp - 2 pts per double - 3 pts per triple - 4 pts per home run [pitching scoring] 15 pts per win, 3 pts per QS, 2 pts per CG, 1 pt per K, 10 pts per no hitter, 5 pts per perfect game, 8 pts per save, relief win
C: Yan Gomes
1B: Anthony Rizzo
2B: Dustin Pedroia
3B: Kyle Seager
SS: Starlin Castro
OF: Mike Trout
OF: Giancarlo Stanton
OF: Alex Rios
DH: David Ortiz
SP: Zack Greinke
SP: Jered Weaver
SP: Johnny Cueto
RP: Jason Grilli
Bench: Bogaerts, Polanco, Morneau, Iwakuma, Peavy, Colon, Simon, Buehrle, Kelly, Chavez

#37 96mnc

96mnc

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,934 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:40 PM

All I need to hear. Just dealt Fowler to get Reynolds in a points league, hopefully I won't miss a beat with Arcia. Did a quick google news search and everything I've read seems to think he's here to stay and he'll be a mainstay in the lineup.

He's a future 3 hole hitter. Not this year obviously but that's his offensive profile.

#38 Fenam

Fenam

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:58 PM

For keeper considerations:

Twins 2015+ 1-4 Buxton, Mauer, Arcia, Sano.

He won't be playing for a "bad" team then.

Edited by Fenam, 09 May 2013 - 11:58 PM.

"He who knows much about others is learned, but he who understands himself is more intelligent. He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still."

- Lao-Tsu, Tao Teh King

#39 Phina11y

Phina11y

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,515 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:07 AM

That lineup will be pretty scary. Why not 2014?

12 Team NBA Yahoo Daily H2H $ League 2nd Place (FG%, FTM, 3PTM, PTS, REB, AST, STL, BLK, TO, DD)

PG Damian Lillard

SG Nicolas Batum

SF Jimmy Butler

PF Paul Millsap

C Al Horford

Util Ty Lawson

Util Tyreke Evans

Util Josh Smith

Util Kemba Walker

Bench Wilson Chandler, Kenneth Faried, Gorgui Dieng, Rudy Gobert, Robert Covington, Jodie Meeks, Marcus Smart, Cole Aldrich

#40 Fenam

Fenam

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:24 AM

That lineup will be pretty scary. Why not 2014?

It's tough for me to believe Buxton will be up that soon, but who knows, he's mashing. I could see Sano being up in the majors this fall after ~150-200 AB at AA, if he keeps on his current torrid pace. So, he has a decent chance at 2014.

Buxton is the wildcard really. He certainly has exemplified amazing so far. I could see him up in the second half of 2014.

Arcia's success and maturity are a great sign for the Twins' player development. I've seen just about every one of his at-bats. He walks into the batters box with a swagger that is undeniable. He swings with confidence and authority. Most surprising and encouraging is that I am seeing him make pitch-to-pitch adjustments. For instance, this Red Sox series a poster above mentioned that he wasn't "trying" to hit a home run every pitch. He did this by reducing his stride at times within his at-bats. This ended up giving him a double Thursday. He did this without coaching instruction according to Gardy.

See this video of his double Thursday (no stride): http://mlb.mlb.com/v...957307&c_id=mlb

Compared to his home run and triple today (stride): http://mlb.mlb.com/v...980071&c_id=mlbhttp://mlb.mlb.com/v...978597&c_id=mlb

That tells me he is able to make adjustments on the fly, great sign for a 22 year and 1 day old kid.

Edited by Fenam, 10 May 2013 - 12:26 AM.

"He who knows much about others is learned, but he who understands himself is more intelligent. He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still."

- Lao-Tsu, Tao Teh King