247 replies to this topic

#1 pikerbkb

pikerbkb

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:31 PM

We all know about the "demotion" at A&M and the missed combine meetings, but I keep hearing words or phrases like "idiot", "off-field issues", "serious character concerns" being thrown around when people talk about this guy, but when I try digging up some details I cannot find anything. No criminal history, no drugs, no hx of violence (other than trucking some LBs :D ).

To be honest, the stuff I mentioned above doesn't sound like much of anything. Of course missing meetings is not good, but @#%$ happens. The demotion at A&M I think is a case of an 5-star player who got stuck in a program that switched coaches and offensive schemes and was pissed off about it, but he got over it. Nothing to talk about really.

So is this just more leaked sources from "unnamed sources" trying to get Michaels to slide in the draft or has anyone else heard something? If you have, please back it up with links.

Aside from that, he might be on the way to earning the dreaded "injury prone" tag, but the kid can straight up ball like a mofo.
Tom Brady
Arian Foster
Stevan Ridley
Eddie Lacy
Zac Stacy
Ben Tate
Da'Dick Rodgers
Josh Gordon
Marcus Wheaton
Nuk
Ladarius Green

Dynasty non-ppr
12 Team
24 player roster
No position limits

#2 fredth3cat

fredth3cat

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:45 PM

The baddest Christine I've ever seen.

#3 ILoveArt

ILoveArt

Double-A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:09 AM

He's not DND. He'll be on my draft list but I don't like him much. If he winds up in a good situation (Green Bay, Denver, Cincy, Indy, Jets I could get him. I doubt I'll land him though. At present not knowing where anybody will land, I've got at least ten other rookie RBs I like better.

#4 pikerbkb

pikerbkb

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:06 PM

He's not DND. He'll be on my draft list but I don't like him much. If he winds up in a good situation (Green Bay, Denver, Cincy, Indy, Jets I could get him. I doubt I'll land him though. At present not knowing where anybody will land, I've got at least ten other rookie RBs I like better.

Serious? Well, if you have ever won any of your money leagues I would like to join.
Tom Brady
Arian Foster
Stevan Ridley
Eddie Lacy
Zac Stacy
Ben Tate
Da'Dick Rodgers
Josh Gordon
Marcus Wheaton
Nuk
Ladarius Green

Dynasty non-ppr
12 Team
24 player roster
No position limits

#5 FFninja

FFninja

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:51 AM

He's an extremely talented guy with more of an injury history than a personal issues history. He overslept at the combine and missed one or two interviews which was blown out of proportion, yet there's still talk of him going in the second round. That should say something. All rookies are a gamble, but if this guy can stay healthy then it would not be shocking to me if he turned out to be the best RB in this class (which has been said to be a pretty weak class of RBs, so being the best isn't saying a lot).

#6 Sportslife

Sportslife

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:27 PM

For some reason he wants to be Seahawk. I've heard that he has been tweeting a lot about Seattle but he won't get playing time there.

#7 pikerbkb

pikerbkb

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:42 PM

For some reason he wants to be Seahawk. I've heard that he has been tweeting a lot about Seattle but he won't get playing time there.

One thing I have noticed about him, he is supremely confident in his abilities so I don't think he is intimidated by the idea that he would have to compete with with Turbin to back up Lynch. Also, Pete Carroll, no matter what else is said about him, will let the players compete and he will start his best players. Cannot be said for all teams. Secondly, who wouldn't want to play for a contender? Probably not a likely scenario, but one never knows.
Tom Brady
Arian Foster
Stevan Ridley
Eddie Lacy
Zac Stacy
Ben Tate
Da'Dick Rodgers
Josh Gordon
Marcus Wheaton
Nuk
Ladarius Green

Dynasty non-ppr
12 Team
24 player roster
No position limits

#8 Sportslife

Sportslife

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:23 PM

Talks with him replacing Lynch after 2014. Keeper

#9 SenatorSpaceman

SenatorSpaceman

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,689 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:34 PM

Like I speculated in the Lynch thread, Seattle must not be sold on Turbin after using the 62nd pick in the draft on Michael. IMO, the rookie has the early edge in terms of who will be Lynch's cuff in 2013.

#10 owenmills

owenmills

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,207 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:40 AM

Definitely someone to keep an eye on in keeper leagues. Not sure this is an indictment on Turbin though. He looked good last year when he played. They probably figure Lynch has 2-3 more years left and then they'd be happy with either Turbin or Michael or both taking over.
I have 2 warning points. How many until I get a prize?

#11 Alfonz289

Alfonz289

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:29 AM

Very nice debut. Once Lynch is out of the way, you're looking at a beast. Might even steal some carries this year. Most talented rookie RB this class sans maybe Lattimore if he recovers fully.
2014 Fantasy Football 12 Team Dynasty League 0.5 PPR All TD's 6pts IDP (2DL, 2LB, 2DB)

QB's-Jay Cutler
RB's-Adrian Peterson, C.J. Spiller, Zac Stacy, Christine Michael, Jerrick McKinnon
WR's-Dez Bryant, Josh Gordon, Michael Floyd, Keenan Allen, Justin Hunter, Sammy Watkins, Jermaine Kearse
TE's-Julius Thomas, Eric Ebron
K's-Steven Hauschka
DL's-Ziggy Ansah, Chandler Jones
LB's-Bobby Wagner, Alec Ogletree
DB's-Kenny Vaccaro, Roman Harper

2 2015 first round picks.

#12 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,770 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:45 AM

My take is, Turbin was drafted to be the backup for Lynch in case of injury. Christine Michael was selected to succeed Lynch after his contract is up.

Which means Christine Michael is the back to own unless he faceplants the rest of preseason. Turbin I believe has been dealing with a sore foot of late.

To give perspective, I've got the following RB's on my bench for preseason in the 14-team Rotoworld Mock Draft Real League: FJax (BUF), Christine Michael (SEA), Latavius Murray (OAK), Knile Davis (KC), Chad Spann (NYJ), and Chris Polk (PHI). While they're all on run-first teams, I consider Christine Michael one of the more important handcuffs because the Seahawks have solidified that they will always establish the run game. If all of those starters were to go down, I feel Christine Michael would likely have the most consistent workload of all of them every week.

Edited by Robrain, 09 August 2013 - 08:50 AM.

2014 Rotoworld Mock Draft Real League - 14-Team 0.5 PPR + ALL TDs = 6PTs:

_____STARTING LINEUP_______________.............._____BENCH_______________________
QB : Matthew Stafford.......(03.13)............. WR - Malcom Floyd.........(14.14)
RB1: Montee Ball............(01.13)............. WR - John Brown...........(UD.FA)
RB2: Arian Foster...........(01.11)............. WR - Cody Latimer.........(13.09)
WR1: Brian Quick............(14.08)............. RB - Toby Gerhart.........(02.02)
WR2: Allen Hurns............(UD.FA)............. RB - Bernard Pierce.......(07.14)
TE : Kyle Rudolph...........(06.02)............. RB - Latavius Murray......(13.12)
FLEX1: Justin Forsett.......(UD.FA)............. RB - Devonta Freeman......(09.01)
FLEX2: Steven Jackson.......(04.02)............. RB - CJ Anderson..........(09.11)

#13 Alfonz289

Alfonz289

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:48 AM

I like that assessment. I didn't see too much of the game but from what I did see, it looked like C-Mike was holding his own in pass protection which would be huge for his chances of on field play this season. Anyone see most/all of the game and could say how he looked?
2014 Fantasy Football 12 Team Dynasty League 0.5 PPR All TD's 6pts IDP (2DL, 2LB, 2DB)

QB's-Jay Cutler
RB's-Adrian Peterson, C.J. Spiller, Zac Stacy, Christine Michael, Jerrick McKinnon
WR's-Dez Bryant, Josh Gordon, Michael Floyd, Keenan Allen, Justin Hunter, Sammy Watkins, Jermaine Kearse
K's-Steven Hauschka

#14 Prea

Prea

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:58 AM

Here's some highlights from last night
http://www.nfl.com/v...hael-highlights

I watched the game, but I was paying more attention to the Chargers. Michael did look decent from what I saw, he was solid and consistent grinding out yardage. Although he didn't really stand out or anything imo. I think saying he's the most talented RB of this draft is stretching it. Also even though he was effective, the Chargers depth is absolutely horrid, so I wouldn't get overly excited about what he did. Although he did have a an 8 yard run on 1st down, then converted a 1st down the next play against the 1st stringers.

#15 Alfonz289

Alfonz289

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:16 AM

I believe, as do many others, that he IS the most talented RB of this rookie class. Power/speed combo. He'll be a stud as soon as Lynch is gone, maybe sooner if the DUI suspension comes. 89 yards in your first NFL game, preseason or not, is pretty impressive.
  • SenatorSpaceman likes this

QB's-Jay Cutler
K's-Steven Hauschka

#16 billydough

billydough

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:17 AM

Christine?

Over/under on a**-whoopins he got in grade school : 12.5
"Democracy is the pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - HL Mencken

#17 bdams19

bdams19

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:18 AM

I'm a fan of his based on my own youtube assessment (for whatever thats worth), but seeing as most of his stats came in the 2nd half I'd take it with a grain of salt. I'm sure Turbin could have done the same thing.

#18 And Won

And Won

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,577 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:20 AM

I knew this guy was talented but I didn't expect such explosiveness from right out the gate. Yes, this is their future featured back. This rookie class is perplexing.

#19 Alfonz289

Alfonz289

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:20 AM

Christine?

Over/under on a**-whoopins he got in grade school : 12.5

Say something to him about his name now, haha. Go ahead, I'll have the ambulance on stand by.

QB's-Jay Cutler
K's-Steven Hauschka

#20 owenmills

owenmills

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,207 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:46 AM

Here's some highlights from last night
http://www.nfl.com/v...hael-highlights

I watched the game, but I was paying more attention to the Chargers. Michael did look decent from what I saw, he was solid and consistent grinding out yardage. Although he didn't really stand out or anything imo. I think saying he's the most talented RB of this draft is stretching it. Also even though he was effective, the Chargers depth is absolutely horrid, so I wouldn't get overly excited about what he did. Although he did have a an 8 yard run on 1st down, then converted a 1st down the next play against the 1st stringers.

Yeah when I read rotoworld's writeup I figured the guy looked incredible. We have late rounds designated as keeper round and I really want Michael so I do not want to see him blow up. After watching the clips I'd say he looked solid, nothing amazing. The first 2 runs on the clip the announcer said something like 'huge hole'. On the long outside sweep run he basically had nobody in front of him and just turned on the jets. That's pretty much one of the attractive things about him though, he plays for a great running team. I think he is the Seahawks RB of the future and will be a stud but I hope he keeps a lid on it for the rest of the preseason.
I have 2 warning points. How many until I get a prize?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users