#1 soxallday6

soxallday6

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:46 PM

What do you guys think about Crawford so far this year

Right now as i start this topic he is sitting on a .313 with a .411 OBP... 2 HR and 6 RBI(YES 2 HRS LOL) and a 10 game hitting streak

do you guys think he keeps this up and finally starts hitting the ball this year or is it just a quick start and his numbers will go back to normal.?

Edited by soxallday6, 17 April 2013 - 08:48 PM.

#2 crazybob60

crazybob60

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,472 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:50 PM

I was looking at him earlier in the day, and well, I think he may keep this up for another week or so but he will eventually go back to the norm after that.

If I am wrong about that, well I will be the first one to eat my words.
14 Team League, H2H, Points Based System (Daily Lineup Changes)
Can Roster 10 SP's, Max 2 SP pickups per week

C:  Brian McCann
1B:  Michael Cuddyer
2B:  Ian Kinsler
SS:  Erick Aybar
3B:  Josh Donaldson
IF:  Alexei Ramirez
OF:  Mike Trout, Josh Willingham, Gerardo Parra, Yasiel Puig
DH:  Howie Kendrick, Troy Tulowitzki
DL:  David Wright, Cameron Maybin

SP:  Yu Darvish, Mike Minor, Homer Bailey, Matt Garza, Ricky Nolasco, John Lackey, Andy Pettitte, Henderson Alvarez, Danny Salazar, Hector Santiago
RP:  Sergio Romo, Chris Perez, Koji Uehara, Andrew Albers

#3 BMcP

BMcP

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,913 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:50 PM

No.  It's just because I'm going against him this week.  Look for him to revert to his normal suckiness starting Monday.
Opta ardua pennis astra sequi.

#4 billydough

billydough

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:52 PM

I'm wondering myself.

Looking for a MI with Aaron Hill going down and I'm looking at this guy and Brian Dozier.

Not a very fun place to be.
"Democracy is the pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - HL Mencken

#5 sayhey58

sayhey58

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Interests:Baseball is hands down my favorite sport ever!..I eat, breath, and sleep baseball....Yes, been a Giants fan since they came to SF in 1958!!!

However; since I have found fantasy baseball, I am fond of all around baseball, teams and players even though I still loath the Dodgers:)

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:55 PM

He did make some adjustments that has worked out well for him, and now he is gaining confidence in his hitting. I do not see him returning to "normal"...

But, I may be just a bit biased since I am a Giants fan :wub:

#6 JFS171

JFS171

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,926 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:41 PM

I actually added him as a Reyes replacement where the wire was bare.  I believe Posting in the Clutch made some comments in the bench coach forum that he was a lot shorter to the ball and seemed to have much smoother swing mechanics this year.

He hit .280+ after August last year, and he crushed it in Spring Training.  I'll ride the wave till it falls off, but I wouldn't be shocked if it lasted for a while...

#7 DK64MASTER

DK64MASTER

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:20 AM

View PostJFS171, on 17 April 2013 - 09:41 PM, said:

I actually added him as a Reyes replacement where the wire was bare.  I believe Posting in the Clutch made some comments in the bench coach forum that he was a lot shorter to the ball and seemed to have much smoother swing mechanics this year.

He hit .280+ after August last year, and he crushed it in Spring Training.  I'll ride the wave till it falls off, but I wouldn't be shocked if it lasted for a while...

I still believe he is getting playing time mainly for his glove.  I think he can definitely improve his hitting numbers, but not enough to move him up in the batting order.  Batting 8th is horrible, especially considering how bad giants pitchers are at sacrificing.  Being in the 8th hole, you probably get 3-4 at bats a game, especially with an anemic Giant's offense, and very few RBI opportunities. He's not a power hitter.  He's already hit more than half the number of home runs as he did last season, I don't expect him to hit more than 10 this year, but I could be wrong.  He doesn't have speed, although he has hit a few triples.  I just think you can do a lot better if you find a MI in the top or middle of the batting order.  Does anyone know if he's getting consistent time at SS this season?  Isn't Arias filling in for some of his games?

#8 lockey2k

lockey2k

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:22 AM

Good read on him.  I'll likely be adding him to my roster assuming Hammel busts again.

http://www.fangraphs...andon-crawford/
16 Team 0.5PPR (The Big G.Kowskis)
QB - Stafford
RB - Lacy
WR - Gordon, H. Douglas
TE - Gronkowski
K - Gostkowksi
D - SEA/DAL
BN - S. Smith, K. Allen, M. Crabtree, D. Johnsn

#9 bravesfan4life

bravesfan4life

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,000 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:47 AM

Crawford is a guy that rarely gets talked bad about. EVERYONE that they ask about him says he will eventually be an all-star hitter. He's 26 now so its not like hes that young of a guy anymore, maybe we are seeing the breakout finally. I think it was a teammate and an espn analyst that were really hyping him up this spring training but it alway seems like guys think hes way better than the numbers indicate. For fantasy I wish he would bring a little speed to the table

#10 Sine_cera

Sine_cera

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,659 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:50 AM

Picked him up in a 14 team league. I was getting tired of Eduardo Nunez wasting away a bench spot.

Edited by Sine_cera, 18 April 2013 - 10:50 AM.

"There's nothing more interesting than your own rotisserie team and nothing less interesting than someone else's." - Daniel Okrent

"If you challenge the conventional wisdom, you will find ways to do things much better than they are currently done." - Bill James

#11 Cmilne23

Cmilne23

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,863 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:56 AM

He has 2 career steals in 224 games.  No HR's.  Won't get many RBI's hitting 8th in a mediocre run producing lineup.  Won't score many runs with the pitcher behind him.  Am I missing something here?  He literally does nothing across the board with the upside to continue to do nothing across the board.........

#12 Sine_cera

Sine_cera

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,659 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:11 AM

View PostCmilne23, on 18 April 2013 - 10:56 AM, said:

He has 2 career steals in 224 games.  No HR's.  Won't get many RBI's hitting 8th in a mediocre run producing lineup.  Won't score many runs with the pitcher behind him.  Am I missing something here?  He literally does nothing across the board with the upside to continue to do nothing across the board.........

I wouldn't add him in a 10/12 team league (unless your SS position is completely worthless because of injuries). In deeper leagues he's worth a look.

Edited by Sine_cera, 18 April 2013 - 11:11 AM.

"There's nothing more interesting than your own rotisserie team and nothing less interesting than someone else's." - Daniel Okrent

"If you challenge the conventional wisdom, you will find ways to do things much better than they are currently done." - Bill James

#13 JFS171

JFS171

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,926 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:48 AM

Exactly - depends on the depth of your league.  Some leagues, guys like this keep you going while your stars are on the DL (which, incidentally, I have 9 guys on the DL in that league).

#14 Stickfig13

Stickfig13

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,251 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:49 AM

He's just hot right now. Don't buy too much into this hot streak. He's a great glove, but he will never a stud on offense

#15 soxallday6

soxallday6

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:14 PM

Hitting 5th today...

Edited by soxallday6, 18 April 2013 - 12:14 PM.

#16 PepperPot

PepperPot

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:01 PM

View PostDK64MASTER, on 18 April 2013 - 10:20 AM, said:

View PostJFS171, on 17 April 2013 - 09:41 PM, said:

I still believe he is getting playing time mainly for his glove.  I think he can definitely improve his hitting numbers, but not enough to move him up in the batting order.  Batting 8th is horrible, especially considering how bad giants pitchers are at sacrificing.  Being in the 8th hole, you probably get 3-4 at bats a game, especially with an anemic Giant's offense, and very few RBI opportunities. He's not a power hitter.  He's already hit more than half the number of home runs as he did last season, I don't expect him to hit more than 10 this year, but I could be wrong.  He doesn't have speed, although he has hit a few triples.  I just think you can do a lot better if you find a MI in the top or middle of the batting order.  Does anyone know if he's getting consistent time at SS this season?  Isn't Arias filling in for some of his games?

Crawford, Pagan and Pence are the only players on the Giants that have played every game so far.
10 Team NL-Only Keeper List 5x5 260 Draft Cap
C: Rosario ($9)
1B: Alonso ($4)
2B: Gyorko ($14)
SS: Hanley ($22)
3B: Rendon ($4)
OF: Kemp ($11) Puig ($1) Yelich ($4)
P: Bailey ($3) Beachy ($1) Cashner ($7) Cingrani ($4) Cueto ($11) Wheeler ($4)
Needs: C,1B, MI, OF, Util, P
10 Team AL-Only Keeper List 5x5 $260 Draft Cap
1B: Hosmer ($15)
2B: Dozier ($2)
3B: Machado ($10)
CI: Lawrie ($10)
OF: Trout ($20) Myers ($5)
P: Moore ($5) Porcello ($1) Hunter ($3) Lackey ($5) Santana ($1) Walker ($5) Kazmir ($5)
Needs: C, SS, MI, OF, Util, P

#17 soxallday6

soxallday6

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:21 PM

leadoff single and a leadoff double.. 2-2 so far, looking good

#18 Travis Burten

Travis Burten

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,787 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:53 PM

Just hit a HR....

#19 sayhey58

sayhey58

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Interests:Baseball is hands down my favorite sport ever!..I eat, breath, and sleep baseball....Yes, been a Giants fan since they came to SF in 1958!!!

However; since I have found fantasy baseball, I am fond of all around baseball, teams and players even though I still loath the Dodgers:)

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:56 PM

I think he is worth a pick up......I paid nothing for him during drafts:)

#20 DK64MASTER

DK64MASTER

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:16 PM

This guy is proving me wrong (at least for now).  Maybe he has power?  After all, he was one of the few players to hit a grand slam in his first game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users