Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

- - - - -

Luis Jimenez 2013 OutlookAngels 3rd Basemen

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 grimsfield

grimsfield

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,731 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:49 PM

Haven't seen anyone talk about this guy and I'm not really sure why. His minor league numbers are pretty good and he's been tearing it up at the plate pretty much since he got the call up.

If given consistent playing time, he should be capable of putting up near 15-20 HRs, 20 Steals, and a pretty decent batting average. His on base skills aren't very good, but the dude can hit. The playing time will probably be a problem though. Right now he's the everyday 3rd basemen while Callaspo is out. He's gaining popularity in the organization, but Callaspo will probably still be the everyday guy when he comes back given his better on base and defensive skills.
"The base paths belonged to me, the runner. The rules gave me the right. I always went into a bag full speed, feet first. I had sharp spikes on my shoes. If the baseman stood where he had no business to be and got hurt, that was his fault."

#2 overkill94

overkill94

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:11 AM

He's always been old for the level he's played at and put up good but not great numbers.  I'd put the upper limits at 10 HR and 15 SB with a .270ish BA given 500 at-bats at this point, but it's seeminly a moot point since Callaspo's injury doesn't seem serious.  Definitely someone for deep AL-only leaguers to keep an eye on if a more serious injury strikes, but not worth a look quite yet IMO.

PS - Rotoworld's draft guide has his value at $0 for the next three years and didn't give him a write-up so either they were too lazy to research him or don't think much of him.  FWIW, Sickels gave him a C+ after last season but did have some nice things to say about him here http://www.minorleag...menez-3b-angels

#3 rotodr

rotodr

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:47 AM

What was the Rotoworld write-up on Pujols in 2000?
12 Team 5x5 Redraft

C- Wilson Ramos
1B- Albert Pujols
2B- Robinson Cano
SS- JJ Hardy
MI- Jimmy Rollins
3B- Manny Machado
CI- CJ Cron
OF- Giancarlo Stanton, Melky Cabrera, Billy Hamilton, Adam Eaton
U- Carlso Beltran

SP- Steven Strasburg, Scott Kazmir, Yordano Ventura
   Jon Lester, Ian Kennedy, Justin Verlander