Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
- - - - -

Week 4 Waiver Wire Touts 4/22 - 4/28

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
57 replies to this topic

#1 dzemens

dzemens

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,953 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:03 PM

A reminder for all on how it works - a weekly thread will be posted and pinned, for all of you who need to *already* find replacements (DOH). Each week, the old thread will be de-pinned, and a new thread (Week 2, Week 3, etc.) to keep the touts current, given how the guys that are likely to be found on the WW changes from week to week and given the popularity of weekly H2H matchups.

A reminder that this is meant to tout players you may find on the WW that you feel other owners should consider - but it's not meant for Bench Coach discussion (who to drop for 'em, owner's lineup decisions, etc. - that's for the Bench Coach Forum), as per the FBB Posting Rules. So, please no BC questions - if it provides general information that all can use, it's fair game. Again, this isn't a thread to ask about players in your league - it's to tout potential WW players. If you believe a guy is worth *consideration*, post away.

As for your touts, there are no specifics - but as a guide, as we're talking the WW, feel free to look at the CBS/Yahoo/ESPN ownership rates - it will give a great idea if a guy is really a WW tout or not. As the WW varies, if you have deep league touts, feel free to post - qualifying them for deep leagues has helped in the past. Also, you can stipulate if you think it's a great 1-week play, a streamer, a great long-term play, or whatever
"To be the man, you gotta beat the man!"

#2 holyBrowns

holyBrowns

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,248 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:18 PM

Alfredo Aceves, two-start, both games home, Oakland and Houston.
14 Team Total Points - Weekly Lineup Locks [hitting scoring] 1 pt per single, run, rbi, bb, sb, hbp - 2 pts per double - 3 pts per triple - 4 pts per home run [pitching scoring] 15 pts per win, 3 pts per QS, 2 pts per CG, 1 pt per K, 10 pts per no hitter, 5 pts per perfect game, 8 pts per save, relief win
C: Yan Gomes
1B: Anthony Rizzo
2B: Dustin Pedroia
3B: Kyle Seager
SS: Starlin Castro
OF: Mike Trout
OF: Giancarlo Stanton
OF: Alex Rios
DH: David Ortiz
SP: Zack Greinke
SP: Jered Weaver
SP: Johnny Cueto
RP: Jason Grilli
Bench: Bogaerts, Polanco, Morneau, Iwakuma, Peavy, Colon, Simon, Buehrle, Kelly, Chavez

#3 jr11890

jr11890

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:37 PM

Daniel Nava. 7 games and 5 righties including houston
16 Team H2H Non Points League Non Keeper
Positions:C 1B 2B 3B SS OF OF OF SP SP SP SP SP BN BN BN BN BN DL DL DL DL
Categories:R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB BB K'S AVG OBP IP W L CG SHO HR K'S ERA WHIP QS
C-Molina 1B-Freeman 2B-Carpenter 3B-Beltre SS-Boaegerts OF-Puig,Craig,Calhoun
SP-Kershaw,Cueto,Ventura,Burnett,Arietta,Odorizzi,Smyly
BN-Peralta,Crisp
DL-Holland,Victorino,Crawford,N.Walker

#4 Nick Mitchell

Nick Mitchell

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:15 PM

If you can live without power from the position, but enjoy the assurance that you have someone to slot in or start every night if need be....

C/1B/3B (Yahoo! eligibility, at least) Jordan Pacheo-- despite having Coors on his side, he is not going to hit for power at all, but his AVG is around .285ish and OBP is maybe .325-.330 or something like that. Todd Helton looks to possibly be set to miss time, which would make Pacheo a full-time player for the time being (likely). In 2 C leagues he's a sneaky play, and when paired with a high power/low AVG C (like aTyler Flowers, or Arencibia, maybe?), he could be a nice #2 C.

Also a nice backup or bench option because of his eligibility at multiple positions.

Also may be time to speculate or add Tyler Colvin to our watch lists.....if Helton is out, and he does land on the shelf for awhile, maybe Colvin will get a chance and play himself into a spot on the 25-man.
let your members encourage my suicide. besides, I kinda wanna _

#5 KingSciarrillo

KingSciarrillo

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,509 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:39 PM

Marquis...2 home starts and he's pitched well so far.

#6 ldphifty

ldphifty

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:16 AM

will he def start both games? if lackey is due back after his next rehab start, he'll push aceves into the pen before that juicy houston start.

#7 JoeMomma

JoeMomma

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:15 AM

SS Yunel Escobar---Rays
1% owned ESPN
6% owned Yahoo

His .159/.232/.254 slash line is hardly inspiring, but he has shown signs of turning it around at the plate. I have seen him in person the last two games and he is hitting the ball very well (3 for 4 yesterday with a 2B and HR) and has been extremely unlucky with a .184 BAIP. He is a career .280 hitter and seems to follow the good year/bad year cycle. In 2011 he hit .290/.369/.413. and while he may not come close to that this year, I really believe that getting out of his situation in Toronto will be good for him. He seems happier in Tampa Bay and there are no playing time issues. Joe Maddon always seems to get the best out of his players and we have all seen replacement level-type players come to Tampa and thrive. I could also see him being moved up in the lineup (currently hitting 9th) if he continues to hit.

Not the sexiest of pickups for sure and probably not one for shallow leagues. But in mixed leagues or in leagues where you need a SS/MI stopgap, you could do a lot worse. His ceiling could be his 2011 season which is a pretty nice scoop off of the wire.
12 team 8x8 Roto Redraft League
Hitting (AVG, OBP, SLG, R RBI, HR, SB,)
Pitching (QS, WHIP, ERA, K, S, HO, K/9, H/9)

C--Buster Posey
C---Jason Castro
1B---Paul Goldschmidt
2B---Ian Kinsler
3B---Nolan Arenado
SS---Alexei Ramirez
CI---Anthony Rizzo
MI---Josh Rutledge
OF---Justin Upton, Austin Jackson, Dexter Fowler, Josh Reddick
UTIL---Billy Butler, Peter Bourjos
Bench---Eric Young. Jr, Ike Davis, Dustin Ackley

SP---Cliff Lee, Cole Hamels, Rick Porcello, Justin Masterson
RP---Edward Mujica, Jim Henderson, Huston Street, Brett Cecil, Mark Melancon, Junichi Tazawa, Tony Cingrani, Andrew Miller, Al Alburquerque

DL---Derek Jeter, Jedd Gyroko, Alex Cobb, Brandon Morrow, Sean Marshall

#8 holyBrowns

holyBrowns

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,248 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:11 AM

will he def start both games? if lackey is due back after his next rehab start, he'll push aceves into the pen before that juicy houston start.

No it is not guaranteed. Good point to bring it up. Although I don't like Lackey's chances.
14 Team Total Points - Weekly Lineup Locks [hitting scoring] 1 pt per single, run, rbi, bb, sb, hbp - 2 pts per double - 3 pts per triple - 4 pts per home run [pitching scoring] 15 pts per win, 3 pts per QS, 2 pts per CG, 1 pt per K, 10 pts per no hitter, 5 pts per perfect game, 8 pts per save, relief win
C: Yan Gomes
1B: Anthony Rizzo
2B: Dustin Pedroia
3B: Kyle Seager
SS: Starlin Castro
OF: Mike Trout
OF: Giancarlo Stanton
OF: Alex Rios
DH: David Ortiz
SP: Zack Greinke
SP: Jered Weaver
SP: Johnny Cueto
RP: Jason Grilli
Bench: Bogaerts, Polanco, Morneau, Iwakuma, Peavy, Colon, Simon, Buehrle, Kelly, Chavez

#9 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:34 AM

Sean Marshall coming off DL soon

Nice add for holds if you count em

#10 Jay85

Jay85

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,675 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:59 AM

Pelfrey against Miami tomorrow.

TEAM A - 10 team H2H - 6pt Td League
QB - Andrew Luck WR -Demaryius Thomas, Brandon Marshall
RB - Zac Stacy & Toby Gerhart TE - Larry Donnell
W/T - Michael Floyd  W/R - Brandin Cooks  K - Adam Vinatieri  DEF - New England
BN - Jay Cutler, Sammy Watkins, Eddie Royal, Fred Jackson, Stream, Stream 

TEAM B - 12 Team H2H - 4pt Passing Td League 

QB - Jay Cutler  WR - Alshon Jeffery, DeAndre Hopkins 
RB - Jamaal Charles & LeSean McCoy TE Stream
W/T - Brandin Cooks  W/R - Eric Decker  K - Stream  DEF - New England 

BN - Chris Johnson, Alfred Blue, Carlos Hyde, Darrin Reaves, Stream. 

#11 darnitwastaken

darnitwastaken

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:57 AM

Pelfrey against Miami tomorrow.

Be surprised if the game gets played. Winter storm warning in effect tonight thru tomorrow morning with a ton of snow/rain and the game is at noon.

#12 iheartballs

iheartballs

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:42 PM

aj pollock - last 10 games he hast hit 14/38 with 8 doubles and 2 steals

#13 NYG2302

NYG2302

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:02 PM

For those desperate in a deep AL only format here are some names to consider:

1. Corey Kluber - is replacing the slot for Brett Myers while they take a further look at his elbow. Sounds like a UCL injury which could lead to Tommy John surgery. Kluber can at least see starts for the next few weeks.

2. Luis Jiminez - With Alberto Callaspo hitting the DL, Jiminez is next in line. He bats in a favorable Angels lineup and has started off hitting well for them. He'll be penciled in for starts in the interm.

3.Brandon Laird - Should qualify at multiple positions shortly with 3B, 1B and DH eligibility. He already smacked a HR in his debut on Saturday.
A veteran fantasy sports player/commissioner for the better part of a decade, I am a contributing writer for several major fantasy websites including RotoExperts.com and Going9Baseball.com. I am always willing to share my advice and opinions on your questions and the latest fantasy news. Feel free to contact me with any sports related inquires on twitter @Roto_Wizard, or by e-mail at Evan.Tarracciano@rotoexperts.com

#14 The Big Bat Theory

The Big Bat Theory

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,419 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:23 PM

No it is not guaranteed. Good point to bring it up. Although I don't like Lackey's chances.

They were saying Lackey could start Saturday's game. But this stuff is always fluid. Speaking of which, that makes Lackey a possible late week streamer for the desperate. He was K-ing people in that first start at least.

#15 lospantalones

lospantalones

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:35 PM

Wood @MIA.
10 TEAM 6x6 Auction Keeper - 9th Annual Delta Theta, Pi Kappa Alpha league
'07 Runner-up, '13 Champion

C- Posey(17th)
1B- Votto(3rd)
2B- Utley
SS- Desmond
3B- Beltre
IF- Rizzo
OF- Ellsbury(2nd)
OF- Rios
OF- Bruce
UT- Morneau
BN- Sandoval, Baez, Zobrist, Alcantara
NA- Soler

SP- Cueto, Cobb, Arrieta, Shields, Streamers
RP- Doolittle, Davis, Melancon, Mejia, Betances
STREAMING: RUNNING TOTAL/AVG: 95.0IP, 6W, 92K, 8.71K/9, 26BB, 2.75BB/9, 2.11ERA, 1.11WHIP

#16 Devildog83

Devildog83

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:05 PM

Devin Mesaraco C - Reds, getting starts with Hanigan hitting DL. Kid has some pop in his bat and Hanigan was hitting .079. Someone to keep an eye on.

#17 larsenjake

larsenjake

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:15 PM

Shaun Marcum (neck) went five scoreless innings on Monday morning in an extended spring game.
Marcum allowed only four hits, throwing 52 pitches. As long as he wakes up Tuesday with no lingering pain or discomfort, he should be cleared to make his Mets debut on Saturday afternoon against the Phillies. Pick him up now in standard mixed fantasy leagues.

#18 KingSciarrillo

KingSciarrillo

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,509 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:32 PM

thanks Marquis, guess that's my last contribution to this thread. adios

#19 GretzGretzky

GretzGretzky

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,816 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:58 PM

Looks like Cashner will get another start this week.

Like Smyly if he can kick Porcello from the rotation.

#20 Z06vette

Z06vette

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,257 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:51 PM

Felix Doubront
"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." - Jimi Hendrix

"A pessimist sees only the dark side of the clouds, and mopes; a philosopher sees both sides, and shrugs; an optimist doesn’t see the clouds at all – he’s walking on them. " - Leonard Louis Levinson

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” - John Lennon