Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
- - - - -

4/23 Lineups and Weather...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
38 replies to this topic

#1 posty

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,070 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:18 AM

TWINS (Game 1)

1. Brian Dozier ® 2B
2. Joe Mauer (L) C
3. Josh Willingham ® LF
4. Justin Morneau (L) 1B
5. Chris Parmelee (L) RF
6. Trevor Plouffe ® 3B
7. Oswaldo Arcia (L) DH
8. Aaron Hicks (S) CF
9. Pedro Florimon (S) SS
(K. Correia - R)

#2 SkinsNoles21

SkinsNoles21

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:24 AM

Doesn't exactly look good for Todays Rockies game: https://twitter.com/...3624449/photo/1

Weekly 12 Team 6x6 H2H Keeper

Bats:
C: Yan Gomes 1B: Victor Martinez 2B: Jose Altuve (K) 3B: Miguel Cabrera (K) SS: Ben Zobrist OF: Andrew McCutchen (K), Chris Carter, Starling Marte, Util: Josh Donaldson B: Yoenis Cespedes

Arms:
SPs: Corey Kluber (K), Jake Arrieta (K) RPs: Aroldis Chapman, Sean Doolittle Ps: Jeff Samardjiza, James Paxton, Danny Duffy B: Hisashi Iwakuma, James Shields, Wei Yen Chen, Shelby Miller, Yusmeiro Petit 

#3 posty

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • 11,070 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:33 AM

MARLINS (Game 1)

1. Juan Pierre (L) LF
2. Placido Polanco ® 3B
3. Giancarlo Stanton ® RF
4. Greg Dobbs (L) DH
5. Justin Ruggiano ® CF
6. Joe Mahoney (L) 1B
7. Miguel Olivo ® C
8. Nick Green ® SS
9. Donovan Solano ® 2B
(J. Fernandez - R)

#4 SkinsNoles21

SkinsNoles21

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:42 AM

Doesn't exactly look good for Todays Rockies game: https://twitter.com/...3624449/photo/1

Weather forecast, however, is more promising. Hopefully they get the field cleared and knock out this doubleheader!

Weekly 12 Team 6x6 H2H Keeper

Bats:
C: Yan Gomes 1B: Victor Martinez 2B: Jose Altuve (K) 3B: Miguel Cabrera (K) SS: Ben Zobrist OF: Andrew McCutchen (K), Chris Carter, Starling Marte, Util: Josh Donaldson B: Yoenis Cespedes

Arms:
SPs: Corey Kluber (K), Jake Arrieta (K) RPs: Aroldis Chapman, Sean Doolittle Ps: Jeff Samardjiza, James Paxton, Danny Duffy B: Hisashi Iwakuma, James Shields, Wei Yen Chen, Shelby Miller, Yusmeiro Petit 

#5 BigPapi44

BigPapi44

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,587 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:15 AM

Any report from the locals, as to whether they are going to wait and see in Colorado, or if they are going to announce something shortly? I can't imagine they would make ppl go to the stadium in those temps, just to wait around to see if it clears.

#6 posty

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • 11,070 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:18 AM

BRAVES (Game 1)

1. Andrelton Simmons ® SS
2. B.J. Upton ® CF
3. Justin Upton ® LF
4. Freddie Freeman (L) 1B
5. Chris Johnson ® 3B
6. Evan Gattis ® C
7. Dan Uggla ® 2B
8. Reed Johnson ® RF
9. Mike Minor ® P

#7 mjb03003

mjb03003

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,800 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:21 AM

Weather is pretty miserable in Boston today. It's been rainy, foggy, and overcast all day and it doesn't look like there is any hope for it to clear up. It's supposed to rain all night. The field will be a soggy mess. I'm thinking this one won't be played.

10 team 2-QB, PPR, IDP, Auction dynasty
QB1 - Peyton Manning, QB2 - Colin Kaepernick
WR1 - Julio Jones, WR2 - Mike Evans
RB1 - Matt Forte, RB2 - Giovani Bernard
TE - Travis Kelce
W/R - C.J. Anderson
W/T - Keenan Allen
Bench - Mark Sanchez, Michael Crabtree, Cordarrelle Patterson, Davante Adams, John Brown, Ronnie Hillman

IR - C.J. Spiller

DB1 - Harrison Smith, DB2 - Kenny Vaccaro, DB3 - Ha Ha Clinton-Dix
DL1 - Cameron Wake, DB2 - Carlos Dunlap, DL3 - Ndamukong Suh
LB1 - Lavonte David, LB2 - Paul Worrilow LB3 - Dont'a Hightower
D Flex - Nigel Bradham
Bench - Kiko Alonso

#8 posty

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • 11,070 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:23 AM

ROCKIES (Game 1)

1. Dexter Fowler (S) CF
2. Josh Rutledge ® 2B
3. Carlos Gonzalez (L) LF
4. Troy Tulowitzki ® SS
5. Michael Cuddyer ® RF
6. Wilin Rosario ® C
7. Jordan Pacheco ® 1B
8. Chris Nelson ® 3B
9. Jeff Francis (L) P

#9 The Professor

The Professor

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:46 AM

Any report from the locals, as to whether they are going to wait and see in Colorado, or if they are going to announce something shortly? I can't imagine they would make ppl go to the stadium in those temps, just to wait around to see if it clears.

I work in Denver right next to Coors and am planning on going to the afternoon game if they get it in. Right now, it is pretty cold outside (mid-20's), but it looks like the snow has let up for the day. The sun is supposed to come out in a bit, and it is expected to warm up to the low 30's by game time.

The Rockies reported that the field has been cleared of snow and that they are hoping to play baseball today. They are saying that temperatures could still be an issue, but the temperature is basically identical to what they played in last Tuesday at home.

I'm watching the Braves-Rockies news closely since I'm planning on attending the game, so I'll update if I hear anything else.

Edited by The Professor, 23 April 2013 - 11:46 AM.

#10 fletch44

fletch44

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:49 AM

Detroit looks like it's going to get some weather tonight as well.

#11 klove42

klove42

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,918 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:54 AM

Weather is pretty miserable in Boston today. It's been rainy, foggy, and overcast all day and it doesn't look like there is any hope for it to clear up. It's supposed to rain all night. The field will be a soggy mess. I'm thinking this one won't be played.

I work around ten minutes from Fenway and right now its just windy and cold here. No rain. I know the forecast is supposed to get worse, but I think they might be able to get it in.
No Days Off

#12 The Big Bat Theory

The Big Bat Theory

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,446 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:30 PM

I work around ten minutes from Fenway and right now its just windy and cold here. No rain. I know the forecast is supposed to get worse, but I think they might be able to get it in.

Actually the local noon weather reports said most of the rain will remain out to sea or down on the cape. There will be scattered showers throughout the night and it will remain windy and cold but nothing where they would call the game in advance. There might well be some rain delays tonight which could screw up the SP. But given this is Oakland's only time into Boston this season I think (?), they will probably try hard to get this one in.

And the only time in bit with everyone playing everyone these days leads to this stuff. Colorado being the current the poster child with first the Mets and now Atlanta playing in the Snow Bowl.

#13 The Professor

The Professor

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:30 PM

I work in Denver right next to Coors and am planning on going to the afternoon game if they get it in. Right now, it is pretty cold outside (mid-20's), but it looks like the snow has let up for the day. The sun is supposed to come out in a bit, and it is expected to warm up to the low 30's by game time.

The Rockies reported that the field has been cleared of snow and that they are hoping to play baseball today. They are saying that temperatures could still be an issue, but the temperature is basically identical to what they played in last Tuesday at home.

I'm watching the Braves-Rockies news closely since I'm planning on attending the game, so I'll update if I hear anything else.

David O'Brien (@ajcbraves), beat writer for the Braves, just posted a picture of Coors Field (link below) on Twitter while commenting that, "They're doing a pretty amazing job clearing Coors Field. Warning track still icy, they're working on that now."

https://twitter.com/...7337600/photo/1

The field is looking in pretty good condition, particularly considering that Denver got around 4 inches of snow last night. It is looking like they are going to try to get these games in today.

Edited by The Professor, 23 April 2013 - 12:31 PM.

#14 posty

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • 11,070 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:40 PM

RAYS

1. Desmond Jennings ® CF
2. Ryan Roberts ® 2B
3. Ben Zobrist (S) RF
4. Evan Longoria ® 3B
5. Matt Joyce (L) LF
6. Yunel Escobar ® SS
7. James Loney (L) 1B
8. Jose Molina ® C
9. Kelly Johnson (L) DH
(D. Price - L)

#15 posty

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • 11,070 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:51 PM

TIGERS

1. Austin Jackson ® CF
2. Torii Hunter ® RF
3. Miguel Cabrera ® 3B
4. Prince Fielder (L) 1B
5. Victor Martinez (S) DH
6. Andy Dirks (L) LF
7. Jhonny Peralta ® SS
8. Alex Avila (L) C
9. Omar Infante ® 2B
(M. Scherzer - R)

#16 posty

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • 11,070 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:10 PM

ATHLETICS
1. Coco Crisp (S) CF
2. John Jaso (L) C
3. Seth Smith (L) DH
4. Jed Lowrie (S) SS
5. Brandon Moss (L) 1B
6. Josh Donaldson ® 3B
7. Josh Reddick (L) RF
8. Chris Young ® LF
9. Eric Sogard (L) 2B
(B. Colon - R)

#17 The Professor

The Professor

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:17 PM

David O'Brien (@ajcbraves), beat writer for the Braves, just posted a picture of Coors Field (link below) on Twitter while commenting that, "They're doing a pretty amazing job clearing Coors Field. Warning track still icy, they're working on that now."

https://twitter.com/...7337600/photo/1

The field is looking in pretty good condition, particularly considering that Denver got around 4 inches of snow last night. It is looking like they are going to try to get these games in today.

The sun is starting to come out in Denver now. The temperatue is still below freezing, but the mile high sunshine makes things feel much warmer quickly. It will be a cold one today, but I think this game is happening. I just bought tickets directly behind home plate for $25. Wahoo!

#18 posty

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • 11,070 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:24 PM

CUBS

1. Dave Sappelt ® CF
2. Starlin Castro ® SS
3. Anthony Rizzo (L) 1B
4. Alfonso Soriano ® LF
5. Welington Castillo ® C
6. Scott Hairston ® RF
7. Cody Ransom ® 3B
8. Darwin Barney ® 2B
9. Carlos Villanueva ® P

#19 DH61092

DH61092

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:27 PM

according to weather reports, the indians and white sox game looks very questionable to be played. i'm thinking it'll be ppd. anybody know anything else?
C- brian mccann (nyy)
1B- billy butler (kc)
2B- jose altuve (hou)
3B- anthony rendon (wsh)
SS- starlin castro (chc)
OF- matt kemp* (lad)
OF- ben revere (phi)
OF- marcell ozuna (mia)
UT- starling marte (pit)
UT- dilson herrera (nym)

B- mike napoli (bos)
SP- felix hernandez* (sea), madison bumgarner* (sf), johnny cueto (cin)
SP- scott kazmir (oak), kyle lohse (mil), gio gonzalez (wsh), marcus stroman (tor)
RP- latroy hawkins (col), joe smith (laa), jake mcgee (tb), santiago casilla (sf), sean doolittle (oak), aaron sanchez (tor)
DL- manny machado (bal), daniel murphy (nym)

12 teams, 4 keepers, hitting stats: r, hits, 2b, hr, rbi, sb, avg, ops. pitching stats: w, l, s, holds, cg, era, whip, k's.

#20 mjb03003

mjb03003

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,800 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:35 PM

oops

Edited by mjb03003, 23 April 2013 - 01:40 PM.

10 team 2-QB, PPR, IDP, Auction dynasty
QB1 - Peyton Manning, QB2 - Colin Kaepernick
WR1 - Julio Jones, WR2 - Mike Evans
RB1 - Matt Forte, RB2 - Giovani Bernard
TE - Travis Kelce
W/R - C.J. Anderson
W/T - Keenan Allen
Bench - Mark Sanchez, Michael Crabtree, Cordarrelle Patterson, Davante Adams, John Brown, Ronnie Hillman

IR - C.J. Spiller

DB1 - Harrison Smith, DB2 - Kenny Vaccaro, DB3 - Ha Ha Clinton-Dix
DL1 - Cameron Wake, DB2 - Carlos Dunlap, DL3 - Ndamukong Suh
LB1 - Lavonte David, LB2 - Paul Worrilow LB3 - Dont'a Hightower
D Flex - Nigel Bradham
Bench - Kiko Alonso