Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo

Need some serious trade help - keeper league

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 squidthunder

squidthunder

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:02 AM

Hey fellas

So, I really need some help here. I'm currently in a 10 team ESPN league (PPR) with 4 keepers. My team is really loaded from last year, and I'm struggling with what to do for my keepers. We only keep 4, and I know the guys I won't keep will be easy first round picks for the other teams.

So, here's my potential keepers:

QB: Stafford, Kaepernick
WR: Megatron, Dez Bryant
RB: Foster, Doug Martin, Ray Rice

So, there's 7 solid keeper options there. The guy with the #1 pick said he'll send me the pick for Rice/Kaepernick. That's a steep price, but if I don't do something like that, I could possibly lose them to the FA list or get a poor offer for them.

To make things even more interesting, there's a chance that 1 of the following QB's may be there at #1 - Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RG3 (as 1 owner has all 3, and won't keep them all)

If I do make the trade, I would keep Dez, Megatron, Foster and Martin......and then grab a QB with my first pick.

Thoughts?

Should I ask for more than the #1 overall pick?

10 Team ESPN (0.5 PPR) - 4 keepers

QB - Luck
RB - Forte
RB - Murray
WR - Megatron
WR - Gordon
FLEX - ODB
TE - Kelce
OP - Cutler
K - Bailey
D - Rams

bench - Dalton, FJax,Chiefs D, Allen

#2 Bill's Blitzkrieg

Bill's Blitzkrieg

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:35 AM

I would keep Calvin, Dez, Foster, and Martin and pull the trigger on the Kap/Rice trade in a heartbeat. I don't think I could pull the trigger fast enough. Drop Stafford and take best available WR at 1.1. You'll be set for the season with:

RB: Foster
RB: Martin
WR: Calvin
WR: Dez
WR: 1.1

I'm a believer in loading up at WR and RB and waiting on QB. Rotoworld has a great series on why you should wait on QB.

http://www.rotoworld...ly--and--demand

~Bill~

10 Team Dynasty/PPR
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
QB - Tony Romo / Kirk Cousins
RB - DeMarco Murray / Giovani Berhard / LeSean McCoy / Eddie Lacy /  Knile Davis / Latavius Murray
WR - Dez Bryant / Calvin Johnson / Josh Gordon / Mike Wallace / Brian Quick / Eric Decker / Aaron Dobson / Kenny Stills
TE - Larry Donnell / Jordon Cameron / Eric Ebron
TE - Dan Carpenter / Shayne Graham
DEF - CIN / KCC

Taxi Squad
-----------------
Mike Glennon (QB TBB)
Jerrick McKinnon (RB MIN)
John Brown (WR ARI)
Allen Robinson (WR JAC)

#3 squidthunder

squidthunder

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:50 AM

I would keep Calvin, Dez, Foster, and Martin and pull the trigger on the Kap/Rice trade in a heartbeat. I don't think I could pull the trigger fast enough. Drop Stafford and take best available WR at 1.1. You'll be set for the season with:

RB: Foster
RB: Martin
WR: Calvin
WR: Dez
WR: 1.1

I'm a believer in loading up at WR and RB and waiting on QB. Rotoworld has a great series on why you should wait on QB.

http://www.rotoworld...ly--and--demand

Wow, thanks for the reply. I also got pick #7 in the first round, so I like having the options available. My only question would be, should I try and ask for another pick as well? Maybe add a pick from my side to get a 2 additional picks back??

thanks for the feedback

QB - Luck
RB - Forte
RB - Murray
WR - Megatron
WR - Gordon
FLEX - ODB
TE - Kelce
OP - Cutler
K - Bailey
D - Rams

#4 brockpapersizer

brockpapersizer

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,830 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:17 AM

I would probably keep all 3 RBs if you can play 3 RBs as well as Megatron. 10 team league? You'll get a great QB anyway.
FREE JOSH GORDON......THREAD

-Buy high, sell low, keep em guessing.

#5 brockpapersizer

brockpapersizer

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,830 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:19 AM

As long as you're not swapping picks. I would absolutely make the trade for either guy too. You know your leagues QB situation well. If Kap is by far the best available left than give him Rice and you get 2 elite rbs, the best WR, and a really good QB and 2 first round picks? Seems like a win.

#6 squidthunder

squidthunder

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:32 AM

As long as you're not swapping picks. I would absolutely make the trade for either guy too. You know your leagues QB situation well. If Kap is by far the best available left than give him Rice and you get 2 elite rbs, the best WR, and a really good QB and 2 first round picks? Seems like a win.

Well, I'm defn leaning towards making the deal. We can play 3 RB at 1 time.

I feel I forgot to add a really important setting for our league, that could totally change this offer. We have an OP spot in our league.....so, you can end up playing 2 QB's if you really want.

So, as of right now, I'll move Kaep + Rice for the #1 overall (I also pick at #7). Just wondering if I can swing another pick out of him (ex. add my 4th rounder and get an additional 2nd or 3rd rounder back)

thanks

QB - Luck
RB - Forte
RB - Murray
WR - Megatron
WR - Gordon
FLEX - ODB
TE - Kelce
OP - Cutler
K - Bailey
D - Rams

#7 brockpapersizer

brockpapersizer

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,830 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:59 PM

I feel I forgot to add a really important setting for our league, that could totally change this offer. We have an OP spot in our league.....so, you can end up playing 2 QB's if you really want.

So, as of right now, I'll move Kaep + Rice for the #1 overall (I also pick at #7). Just wondering if I can swing another pick out of him (ex. add my 4th rounder and get an additional 2nd or 3rd rounder back)

thanks

Kinda feeling like Rice takes a step back this year personally. Think he's going to disappoint as a 1st round pick. If there's not a QB that you like being thrown back, I'd consider giving him up for that pick. But if gues like Wilson and Luck are still available, I'd hold.

#8 squidthunder

squidthunder

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:04 PM

thanks

Kinda feeling like Rice takes a step back this year personally. Think he's going to disappoint as a 1st round pick. If there's not a QB that you like being thrown back, I'd consider giving him up for that pick. But if gues like Wilson and Luck are still available, I'd hold.

wilson is going to be kept I'm pretty sure.

The thing is, 1 owner currently has Ryan, RG3 and Luck on his roster. He'll keep 2 of those guys, but he's either got to throw one back or make a trade.

I like the deal I'll make....just wondering if I squeeze 1 more pick out of the owner for the stuff I'm sending his way

QB - Luck
RB - Forte
RB - Murray
WR - Megatron
WR - Gordon
FLEX - ODB
TE - Kelce
OP - Cutler
K - Bailey
D - Rams

#9 squidthunder

squidthunder

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:01 AM

I would probably keep all 3 RBs if you can play 3 RBs as well as Megatron.Posted Image

I've done that for the past few years, and want to change it up. I think Dez is an elite WR and a must keeper with Megatron and 2 more RB

QB - Luck
RB - Forte
RB - Murray
WR - Megatron
WR - Gordon
FLEX - ODB
TE - Kelce
OP - Cutler
K - Bailey
D - Rams

#10 squidthunder

squidthunder

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:02 AM

So, my final counter to the other owner is:

Ray Rice, Colin Kaepernick, #34 overall pick

FOR

#1 overall pick + #21 overall pick

thoughts?

QB - Luck
RB - Forte
RB - Murray
WR - Megatron
WR - Gordon
FLEX - ODB
TE - Kelce
OP - Cutler
K - Bailey
D - Rams

#11 SammySweettooth

SammySweettooth

Double-A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:31 PM

do qb's score more points then rb's and wr's in genearl in your league? If so, I would play 2 qb's every week, and def keep kaeper.
12 teamer .5ppr dynasty league

tHE bONAFIDE tROUT
QB Tony Romo, Russell Wilson
RB Marshawn Lynch, Lamar Miller, Christine Michael, Dennis Johnson
RB lesean Mccoy, Bryce Brown, Lance Dunbar
WR Brandon Marshall Larry Fitzgerald, Kenny Britt, Marquess Wilson
WR Pierre Garcon, Julius Thomas, Ladarius green, Justin Hunter
FLEX Alfred Morris, Dion Lewis, Da'rick Rogers
D Bills
K Haushka

RED = Starters. Purple = Flex. Blue = future. Green = practice squad.

#12 squidthunder

squidthunder

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:13 PM

Well the guy doesn't want to do the deal with the extra pick upgrade for me. Still just wants to give up just the 1st pick.

I got another offer of Rice/Kaep for Rogers

QB - Luck
RB - Forte
RB - Murray
WR - Megatron
WR - Gordon
FLEX - ODB
TE - Kelce
OP - Cutler
K - Bailey
D - Rams

#13 Ribobizert

Ribobizert

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:53 AM

i'd do rice/kaep for rodgers in a heartbeat.

u can still keep Dez, megatron, foster and martin

I'm low on rice this upcoming season, mainly due to emergence of Flacco and Bernard Pierce. Rodgers is hands down best fantasy QB over the past few seasons and thats with so many factors against rodgers last season (injured WRs, poor o line, no running game, defenses dropping 5-6 backs in coverage). In a 2 QB start league rodgers is worth the trade, if u have a top 15 QB no reason why you shouldn't be starting 2 QBs. so if u have rodgers u can perhaps draft another stud QB early since value of QBs in a 2 QB league is hightened and isnt as deep for QBs as std leagues where only 10-12 QBs can be started.

only problem is which of the prior 4 i mentioned do u not keep. I am lower than most on foster, he has a had a reeedonkulous amount of touches in the past few seasons- and according to fantasy track records RBs with 3 straight seasons of 300+ touches only go down (look at how his YPC have dropped each of the past 3 seasons). Most should still have foster at #2 RB, so u could ask for a kings ransom in draft picks for him. i know workhorse Rbs are scarce thee days but in a ppr league i cant see letting go of Dez, megatron, and since its keeper Martin has many years left on his wheels.

#14 squidthunder

squidthunder

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:40 AM

i'd do rice/kaep for rodgers in a heartbeat.

u can still keep Dez, megatron, foster and martin

I'm low on rice this upcoming season, mainly due to emergence of Flacco and Bernard Pierce. Rodgers is hands down best fantasy QB over the past few seasons and thats with so many factors against rodgers last season (injured WRs, poor o line, no running game, defenses dropping 5-6 backs in coverage). In a 2 QB start league rodgers is worth the trade, if u have a top 15 QB no reason why you shouldn't be starting 2 QBs. so if u have rodgers u can perhaps draft another stud QB early since value of QBs in a 2 QB league is hightened and isnt as deep for QBs as std leagues where only 10-12 QBs can be started.

only problem is which of the prior 4 i mentioned do u not keep. I am lower than most on foster, he has a had a reeedonkulous amount of touches in the past few seasons- and according to fantasy track records RBs with 3 straight seasons of 300+ touches only go down (look at how his YPC have dropped each of the past 3 seasons). Most should still have foster at #2 RB, so u could ask for a kings ransom in draft picks for him. i know workhorse Rbs are scarce thee days but in a ppr league i cant see letting go of Dez, megatron, and since its keeper Martin has many years left on his wheels.

Thanks for the reply. Yea, I'm torn right now. If I get the #1 pick, then I can grab Stafford, RG3 or maybe Ryan with the #1 pick, and keep the 4 keepers I had listed. I don't think there's much drop off with those QB's.....

I'm just wondering if the offer I made with the extra pick was fair, or should I just take the #1 pick

QB - Luck
RB - Forte
RB - Murray
WR - Megatron
WR - Gordon
FLEX - ODB
TE - Kelce
OP - Cutler
K - Bailey
D - Rams

#15 Ribobizert

Ribobizert

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:59 AM

if he doesn't want to throw in the extra draft pick let it go and make rodgers deal. why ship a competitor 2 keepers that make his overall predraft team better, when obviously the players he would keep if you dont make that trade are worse than 2 guys you aren't even considering keeping, aka make him keep 2 worse keepers and use his early draft picks on your guys. you hold the leverage in that trade as he needs the keepers more than you need the pick but at same time, it would help u to trade players you will discard for overall #1 pick.

if you arent keeping kaep or rice and are happy keeping: Dez, megatron, foster and martin.
Do the rodgers trade with other owner. Think about it one guy offers #1 pick vs Rodgers. If its 10 teams 4 keepers, essentially youre either taking the 41st overall pick or Rodgers. throw in the fact that your league should be starting 2 QBs each, total of 20, Rodgers value far outweighs whomever the 41st pick is- unless some owner has a really stacked team and is releasing a stud better than Rodgers....but you can't be sure who others will keep. Also Rodgers turns 30 i believe and is the youngest by far of the elite always dependable 4 QBs, that are in pass friendly systems/good situations (Brees, brady, Peyton).

Only downside to Rodgers is you have to let go another one of the previously mentioned keepers. highly suggest you decide which of those 4 you like least and shop them for multiple picks as whomever you let go is in the upper part of the 40 keepers your league allows.

#16 squidthunder

squidthunder

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:30 AM

if he doesn't want to throw in the extra draft pick let it go and make rodgers deal. why ship a competitor 2 keepers that make his overall predraft team better, when obviously the players he would keep if you dont make that trade are worse than 2 guys you aren't even considering keeping, aka make him keep 2 worse keepers and use his early draft picks on your guys. you hold the leverage in that trade as he needs the keepers more than you need the pick but at same time, it would help u to trade players you will discard for overall #1 pick.

if you arent keeping kaep or rice and are happy keeping: Dez, megatron, foster and martin.
Do the rodgers trade with other owner. Think about it one guy offers #1 pick vs Rodgers. If its 10 teams 4 keepers, essentially youre either taking the 41st overall pick or Rodgers. throw in the fact that your league should be starting 2 QBs each, total of 20, Rodgers value far outweighs whomever the 41st pick is- unless some owner has a really stacked team and is releasing a stud better than Rodgers....but you can't be sure who others will keep. Also Rodgers turns 30 i believe and is the youngest by far of the elite always dependable 4 QBs, that are in pass friendly systems/good situations (Brees, brady, Peyton).

Only downside to Rodgers is you have to let go another one of the previously mentioned keepers. highly suggest you decide which of those 4 you like least and shop them for multiple picks as whomever you let go is in the upper part of the 40 keepers your league allows.

Thanks for all the feedback, and I agree with everything you mentioned.

I think the offer I sent was really fair. As of right now, ESPN ranks Rice as the #3 overall player and Kaep as the #6 QB off the board. Those 2 guys would easily be his 2 best keeper options (right now he has Vick, Roddy White and Chris Johnson)

The thing with getting Rogers is that it puts me in a bind on what to do next - keep him and then not keep someone else, or move him again for another pick. We have a 2 year window starting this season on our players, and then they get sent back to FA or we can try and trade before hand

As of right now, I'm going to try and get him to agree to my offer.........maybe tell him I got something else on the table. The trade with the pick is my #1 option, but I do have a nice fall back situation with Rogers

QB - Luck
RB - Forte
RB - Murray
WR - Megatron
WR - Gordon
FLEX - ODB
TE - Kelce
OP - Cutler
K - Bailey
D - Rams

#17 squidthunder

squidthunder

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:44 AM

So, here's the update:

The owner is not going to do the additional pick. He pretty much said "take it or leave it" with the trade offer.

So, here's my 2 real options:

1. Make the trade -

Keepers: Dez Bryant, Megatron, Doug Martin, Arian Foster

#1 and #7 overall in the first round

Potential QB available in the 1st round: Stafford, (one of the following: Ryan, Luck, RG3)

2. Make the trade for Rogers:

keepers: Rogers, Megatron, Foster, Martin

#7 overall pick

QB - Luck
RB - Forte
RB - Murray
WR - Megatron
WR - Gordon
FLEX - ODB
TE - Kelce
OP - Cutler