3887 replies to this topic

#1 v0dka

v0dka

I ♥ football

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,434 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:03 PM

Trent Richardson had a fantastic rookie campaign amassing 1317 total yards including 950 on the ground. He also broke Jim Brown's team rookie record by scoring 11 TD's on the ground and catching 1 as well. Trent accomplished all this while sustaining 2 broken ribs in week 6 and playing through it for the rest of the season.
@MikeBaileyNFL

#2 petekrum

petekrum

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:29 PM

Just a beast. I expect over 1700 total yards and double digit touchdowns this year.
The boar runs from the tiger.
It is not cowardice. It is love of life.

#3 Proteus

Proteus

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:57 PM

Makes me feel cautious for the price, for more than one reason:

http://www.waitingfo...eveland-browns/

QB: Ryan Leaf
RB: Lawrence Phillips
RB: Ki-Jana Carter
WR: Charles Rogers
WR: Desmond Howard
TE: David LaFleur
W/R: David Wilson
K: Ray Finkle(Einhorn)
D: Minnie

BN: Andre Ware/Jared Cook/Tony Mandarich/Curtis Enis/Travis Henry/Brian Bosworth/CJ Spiller/Trent Richardson

facebook.com/WhyYouBeasting

#4 Ryan81

Ryan81

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:55 PM

Makes me feel cautious for the price, for more than one reason:

http://www.waitingfo...eveland-browns/

That's disappointing. I had pretty high hopes on him this season but this also limits my expectations now. I'm not saying he's going to suck, but this definitely drops him down a couple of places for me.

"Sometimes you get the bear; sometimes the bear gets you." -Clay Othic

RotoWorld Mock Real League - 14 team, .5 PPR, 6 point passing TDs(4-2, 1st place)
QB: Philip Rivers
RB1: Ahmad Bradshaw
RB2: Reggie Bush
WR1: Dez Bryant
WR2: Jordy Nelson
W/R/T: Alshon Jeffery
W/R/T: Mohammed Sanu
TE: Jason Witten
DST: Streaming
Bench: Jeremy Hill, Pierre Thomas, Antone Smith, Travaris Cadet, James Starks, Eric Ebron

#5 petekrum

petekrum

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:04 AM

Much ado about nothing. Every player in the league plays with pain. It's not like its a knee or ankle. Downgrade at your own risk.

#6 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:39 AM

I smell the #injuryproneswagbrigade coming ...

#7 J.T. Marlin

J.T. Marlin

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:02 AM

Much ado about nothing. Every player in the league plays with pain. It's not like its a knee or ankle. Downgrade at your own risk.

Agreed, I would not downgrade him one bit based on this piece of news.

#8 Ryan81

Ryan81

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:24 AM

I think we get it by now. You're the person in every draft who stocks up on the "elite talent" that slides in drafts due to them never completing a full season. #injuryprone #DMC

As for Richardson, I'm not sure if you guys skipped over the part or don't think it will effect him but them saying they plan to Hardesty, Ogbonayya, and Lewis takes away from his value in my opinion. Obviously we'll need to wait until July and August to see how they plan to use the backups. I can't speak for Proteus but the ribs don't concern me much, them using other RBs does.

RotoWorld Mock Real League - 14 team, .5 PPR, 6 point passing TDs(4-2, 1st place)
Bench: Jeremy Hill, Pierre Thomas, Antone Smith, Travaris Cadet, James Starks, Eric Ebron

#9 DocJ

DocJ

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:17 AM

I promise you that virtually every NFL player has some kind of nagging pain somewhere almost at all times, you just don't hear about it unless it's going to affect their game status. I'm curious where he got the idea that a rib injury like that would become chronic in nature, that would be unusual.

2014 RW Mock Real League: 14-team, 0.5 PPR, All TDs 6 pts
***Follow along this season in the "Your League" forum on RW***
Record: 2-4

QB: Nick Foles (8.09)
RB1: Frank Gore (5.06)
RB2: Lamar Miller
WR1: Julio Jones (2.09)
WR2: Roddy White
W/R/T: Keenan Allen (3.06)
W/R/T: Golden Tate (7.06)
TE: Heath Miller (10.09)
DEF: DET DST
K: Robbie Gould
Bench: Calvin Johnson (1.06), Carlos Hyde, Harry Douglas (11.06), KaDeem Carey (14.09), Big Ben, Carson Palmer, James White (12.09), Eli Manning (13.06), CLE DST (15.06), Danny Woodhead (6.09), Steven Hauschka, K, SEA (16.09)

#10 J.T. Marlin

J.T. Marlin

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:38 AM

I think we get it by now. You're the person in every draft who stocks up on the "elite talent" that slides in drafts due to them never completing a full season. #injuryprone #DMC

As for Richardson, I'm not sure if you guys skipped over the part or don't think it will effect him but them saying they plan to Hardesty, Ogbonayya, and Lewis takes away from his value in my opinion. Obviously we'll need to wait until July and August to see how they plan to use the backups. I can't speak for Proteus but the ribs don't concern me much, them using other RBs does.

Holy crap, I missed that part of the article. I didn't realize that Chud was threatening to unleash Hardesty, Oingo Bongnaya and Dion Warwick on teams....yeah, I'm not too worried about those guys hurting TRich's value.

#11 Ryan81

Ryan81

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:07 PM

I promise you that virtually every NFL player has some kind of nagging pain somewhere almost at all times, you just don't hear about it unless it's going to affect their game status. I'm curious where he got the idea that a rib injury like that would become chronic in nature, that would be unusual.

You do realize the first part of this is a dumb argument right? Acquiring bumps and bruises =/= as going into the season with problems.

Marvin, draft him at the same price as you would have before. I don't give a s---. To think they won't take carries away from him isn't out of the question. In case you didn't notice, more and more teams are doing the same thing in the NFL. Ask Spiller/FJax, Giants RBs, Rice, Gore and others.

#12 DocJ

DocJ

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:12 PM

You do realize the first part of this is a dumb argument right? Acquiring bumps and bruises =/= as going into the season with problems.

Marvin, draft him at the same price as you would have before. I don't give a s---. To think they won't take carries away from him isn't out of the question. In case you didn't notice, more and more teams are doing the same thing in the NFL. Ask Spiller/FJax, Giants RBs, Rice, Gore and others.

I'll never forget when they asked Marshall Faulk how much of his NFL carreer he was pain free and he responded "right before my first nfl carry, that's it", and then went on to say that's how it is for pretty much every player.
I'm not talking about pain/symptoms that affect performance.

He's still a first round pick even if they dial back his touches some.

Edited by DocJ, 25 April 2013 - 01:13 PM.

Bench: Calvin Johnson (1.06), Carlos Hyde, Harry Douglas (11.06), KaDeem Carey (14.09), Big Ben, Carson Palmer, James White (12.09), Eli Manning (13.06), CLE DST (15.06), Danny Woodhead (6.09), Steven Hauschka, K, SEA (16.09)

#13 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:11 PM

if boogieman becomes the 3rd down back and hardesty gets more than 5 carries ... then I'll be concerned.

#14 petekrum

petekrum

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:07 PM

Holy crap, I missed that part of the article. I didn't realize that Chud was threatening to unleash Hardesty, Oingo Bongnaya and Dion Warwick on teams....yeah, I'm not too worried about those guys hurting TRich's value.

Those three are all nickels trying to be dimes. Not even worth thinking about.

#15 Proteus

Proteus

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:50 PM

Yeah, it's fine. Talent at RB is never underutlized due to head coach caution. Spend that sixth pick. Spend it hard.
  • Ryan81 likes this

BN: Andre Ware/Jared Cook/Tony Mandarich/Curtis Enis/Travis Henry/Brian Bosworth/CJ Spiller/Trent Richardson

#16 DocJ

DocJ

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:05 PM

Yeah, it's fine. Talent at RB is never underutlized due to head coach caution. Spend that sixth pick. Spend it hard.

I'm thinking Richardson is more of a 8-10th pick with Tron gone in a standard league.

Tron may be available in many leagues still @ 6-7th pick....yoink!

#17 Ryan81

Ryan81

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:11 PM

After re-reading that article, I have actually decided to bump Richardson up a few spots on my board. How stupid of me not do so earlier.

I'm thinking Richardson is more of a 8-10th pick with Tron gone in a standard league.

Tron may be available in many leagues still @ 6-7th pick....yoink!

If Tron is still available at even the 5th I would rejoice. I snagged him at 8th overall last year. Happy I was.

I'm thinking his ADP will be somewhere closer to 6 or 7. In the mocks I've done, I've seen him go as soon as 5 but as late as 8.

AD, Megatron, Charles, Martin, Foster are really the only guys I can see for sure going ahead of him in PPR leagues. Lynch doesn't get many receptions so it's possible someone takes Richardson over him. Rice and McCoy seem to be going later like 7-10. Same for Spiller.

#18 J.T. Marlin

J.T. Marlin

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:42 AM

Just add him to your growing list of "do not draft" players.

#19 Proteus

Proteus

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:24 PM

Just add him to your growing list of "do not draft" players.

I wouldn't go that far, but I might pass on him for an elite WR late in the 1st so I guess the results might be the same.

#20 DocJ

DocJ

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:44 PM

I'm starting to think he might be overvalued in ppr. Anyone else think he's not going to repeat those 51 catches this season? Turner and Chud are going to be more vertically minded but Turner offenses have historically had RB with lots of catches.

Great I just talked myself into a position and out of one in the same sentence. It's not even May 1st...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users