168 replies to this topic

#1 GottaGetTheWin

GottaGetTheWin

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,972 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:33 AM

Time for Locker to put up or shut up. He has all the athletic ability. He can throw the ball a mile, he can run for yards but he can't hit a receiver in stride. If he never pans out it won't be by any fault of the Titans. They keep trying to bolster this offense for him.

Does he take the next step this year?

#2 lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u

On the Ballot

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,061 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:18 AM

So many weapons for the Titans on offense this year

They go from one of the worst OLine last season...to probably one of the best

Locker/CJ2K/Shonne Green in the backfield

Dalanie Walker TE

Britt/Washington/Kendall Wright/ and they traded up for probably the best WR in the draft, Justin Hunter
*12 TEAM - 1pt PPR *

QB - T. ROMO - M. VICK

RB - D.MARTIN - R.BUSH - A.BROWN

WR - D. BOWE - P.GARCON - A. BROWN

WR - J. BLACKMON -  J. GORDON - T. AUSTIN

TE - G.OLSEN - J. FINLEY

#3 Hokie79

Hokie79

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,813 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:11 AM

They say they'll let him run more, which is one thing he's great at. They massively upgraded the OL. He has tons of weapons on offense, and a shiny new WR to play with. Their defense probably will continue to suck, resulting in lots of garbage points. There's alot to like about his fantasy situation.

But for some reason I am positive he'll screw it up.
  • Robrain likes this

#4 J.T. Marlin

J.T. Marlin

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:10 AM

Locker is one of those QB that most will expect nothing from. His preseason ranking on most expert's lists will likely be in the mid 20's. Don't overlook him though as his rushing ability could push his value over the top. Also, as multiple posters above have mentioned, solid WR crew + new & improved o-line + potential for garbage time stats = major sleeper QB potential. Almost every year there's a QB that comes out of nowhere to post surprisingly big fantasy stats. Locker quietly has that potential for 2013.
  • Robrain likes this

#5 DocJ

DocJ

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:16 AM

Locker is one of those QB that most will expect nothing from. His preseason ranking on most expert's lists will likely be in the mid 20's. Don't overlook him though as his rushing ability could push his value over the top. Also, as multiple posters above have mentioned, solid WR crew + new & improved o-line + potential for garbage time stats = major sleeper QB potential. Almost every year there's a QB that comes out of nowhere to post surprisingly big fantasy stats. Locker quietly has that potential for 2013.

I said this exact same thing...almost exactly one year ago <_< Hopefully I was just a year early as I have him stashed in my keeper league.
  • Robrain likes this

2014 RW Mock Real League: 14-team, 0.5 PPR, All TDs 6 pts
***Follow along this season in the "Your League" forum on RW***
Record: 2-4

QB: Nick Foles (8.09)
RB1: Frank Gore (5.06)
RB2: Lamar Miller
WR1: Julio Jones (2.09)
WR2: Roddy White
W/R/T: Keenan Allen (3.06)
W/R/T: Golden Tate (7.06)
TE: Heath Miller (10.09)
DEF: DET DST
K: Robbie Gould
Bench: Calvin Johnson (1.06), Carlos Hyde, Harry Douglas (11.06), KaDeem Carey (14.09), Big Ben, Carson Palmer, James White (12.09), Eli Manning (13.06), CLE DST (15.06), Danny Woodhead (6.09), Steven Hauschka, K, SEA (16.09)

#6 J.T. Marlin

J.T. Marlin

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:26 AM

I said this exact same thing...almost exactly one year ago <_< Hopefully I was just a year early as I have him stashed in my keeper league.

I was in the same camp last offseason. I thought Locker was in line for a big 2012, then he got hurt in week 1 or 2 and it just didn't happen. The potential is still there and the supporting cast is definitely better for 2013, so hopefully we were just both off by a year.

#7 RotoRaysfan

RotoRaysfan

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,836 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:45 AM

At least they got him a 2nd WR with insane physical tools, so if he overthrows them, they might still get the ball....They upgraded their interior O-line at both guard positions, which should eliminate the inside pressure that often flushed him out of the pocket, or forced back-foot throws. And with Justin Hunter in the fold and a healthy Kenny Britt (losing Cook hurts, except, well, they never targeted him anyways :rolleyes:), the O-line upgrade, much like Dalton in CIN (with TE/RB upgraded) and Bradford in STL (with Austin, Jared Cook & O-line upgraded), it's time for the excuses of poor supporting cast to go away - it's put up or go home time...

(Seriously, Hunter & Britt as the X/Z receivers, and Wright as the slot receiver, if he can't hit them with any type of decent accuracy, barring the WR running the wrong route, you know that will be on Locker).
  • Robrain likes this

Football PPR 2014 - Cutler, L. Bell, R. Jennings, Dez, Marshall, V-Jax, Justin Hunter, Quick, Rudolph, HOU DST. D-Thomas fan club member.
Dynasty 2014 - Romo, E. Lacy, Gore, T. Gerhart, C-Michael, J. McKinnon, D-Train, K. Allen, R. White, M. Evans, D. Adams, B. Quick, J. Graham, L. Green, HOU DST.

Been a blast everyone - take care, and remember to abide by the CoC, and to help your fellow community out - it's what's made the Forum community great!

P.S. My passion is primarily FBB - you'd LOL at my football track record!

#8 predator_05

predator_05

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,034 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:21 AM

They go from one of the worst OLine last season...to probably one of the best

Interior OL looks good. What about the tackles?
"I've eaten burritos bigger than you."

- JJ Watt to Ray Rice (10/23/2012)

#9 owenmills

owenmills

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,544 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:36 PM

I'll be paying attention in the preseason to see if he shows any signs of life. With that OL, WR corp, and crap defense you'd think failure is not an option, at least for fantasy football purposes.
I have 2 warning points. How many until I get a prize?

#10 SenatorSpaceman

SenatorSpaceman

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:43 PM

I really don't know if Locker is draftable this season. He had some seriously useless games last year and honestly, I'm not nearly as big a fan of his targets as a lot of other people. The improvements on the line are encouraging but I doubt that Locker finishes much better than the 20th best QB this year.
  • Robrain likes this

#11 Deadpool

Deadpool

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,424 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:47 PM

He sucks.
12 Team Keeper, 0.5 PPR, All TDs = 6 pts
QB: Matthew Stafford
RB: Giovani Bernard, Eddie Lacy, Ben Tate, Mark Ingram, Bryce Brown
WR: Vincent Jackson, Roddy White, Rueben Randle, Odell Beckham, Josh Gordon
TE: Jimmy Graham, Rob Gronkowski

12 Team Redraft, 0.5 PPR, All TDs = 6 pts
QB: Matthew Stafford, Carson Palmer
RB: Giovani Bernard, Alfred Morris, Ryan Mathews, Jeremy Hill
WR: Dez Bryant, Mike Wallace, Michael Crabtree, Percy Harvin, Josh Gordon
TE: Travis Kelce, Zach Ertz

#12 J.T. Marlin

J.T. Marlin

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:11 AM

He sucks.

That may be true but for fantasy purposes big arm + lots of weapons at WR + good QB rushing stats + bad team DEF = lots of potential for 2013. Plus, the team doesn't have any other options besides Fitzpatrick, so I see the team sticking with Locker through the ups & downs.

#13 owenmills

owenmills

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,544 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:18 AM

The rushing stats will be key. I don't think the guy will ever be a great passer, but IF they incorporate read option plays into their offense like they've insinuated he could really excel because the guy is fast and athletic. It could push him from mediocre to good as far as fantasy is concerned.
  • Robrain likes this

#14 Ribobizert

Ribobizert

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:28 AM

there are 12 viable starting QB's this year. based on past performance, there is absolutely no reason i see to even consider drafting him. Eli, Flacco, & Big ben are backup type guys that I have ahead of him. he's definitely a guy to watch develop this year, but i just don't see him having much of a fantasy impact, as no matter how he develops the Titans should still be run first.

Not a bad call for a back up in 2QB league or your second starter if things went awry in your draft plans.

#15 DocJ

DocJ

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:33 AM

Locker could easily rush for 500 yards over 16 games. The key is going to be improving his accuracy, jury is still out on if he can do that.
  • Robrain likes this

Bench: Calvin Johnson (1.06), Carlos Hyde, Harry Douglas (11.06), KaDeem Carey (14.09), Big Ben, Carson Palmer, James White (12.09), Eli Manning (13.06), CLE DST (15.06), Danny Woodhead (6.09), Steven Hauschka, K, SEA (16.09)

#16 Deadpool

Deadpool

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,424 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:57 AM

Locker could easily rush for 500 yards over 16 games. The key is going to be improving his accuracy, jury is still out on if he can do that.

That's the thing, he probably can't. He's always injured. Even going back to college.
12 Team Keeper, 0.5 PPR, All TDs = 6 pts
QB: Matthew Stafford
RB: Giovani Bernard, Eddie Lacy, Ben Tate, Mark Ingram, Bryce Brown
WR: Vincent Jackson, Roddy White, Rueben Randle, Odell Beckham, Josh Gordon
TE: Jimmy Graham, Rob Gronkowski

12 Team Redraft, 0.5 PPR, All TDs = 6 pts
QB: Matthew Stafford, Carson Palmer
RB: Giovani Bernard, Alfred Morris, Ryan Mathews, Jeremy Hill
WR: Dez Bryant, Mike Wallace, Michael Crabtree, Percy Harvin, Josh Gordon
TE: Travis Kelce, Zach Ertz

#17 owenmills

owenmills

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,544 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:33 AM

That's the thing, he probably can't. He's always injured. Even going back to college.

Last year's injuries were kind of flukey or not really his fault. The first one he separated it making a tackle after an INT(dumbass). Hopefully he learned a valuable lesson there. The second time he had the same shoulder destroyed by JJ Watt blindside sack(not his fault). I have much more faith in him staying healty than I do with him improving his accuracy.

In 1QB leagues I don't think he's anything to get too excited about this year. He could be a very solid backup that could be had pretty late probably, but that's about it.

Edited by owenmills, 02 May 2013 - 10:34 AM.

#18 SenatorSpaceman

SenatorSpaceman

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:38 PM

Locker could easily rush for 500 yards over 16 games.

Really? Easily?

I don't know about that but my main concerns would be for the people who are so inexplicably encouraged by the Tennessee WR corps. I think you guys may be in for a rude awakening.
  • Robrain likes this

#19 J.T. Marlin

J.T. Marlin

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:29 PM

Really? Easily?

I don't know about that but my main concerns would be for the people who are so inexplicably encouraged by the Tennessee WR corps. I think you guys may be in for a rude awakening.

Assuming that Kenny Britt stays out of trouble this offseason and is healthier than he's been since the start of the 2011 season, what don't you like about the WR options in TEN?

#20 DocJ

DocJ

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:37 PM

Really? Easily?

Ok maybe not easily, but he rushed for 300 in basically 10 games last year.

The o-line is improved, probably not top shelf but definitely upgraded.
WR depth is improved and Britt seems to be healthy again.

Again, we're not talking about taking him in the 6th or something but imo he's one of the top 3 QB2 "fliers" this year.
  • Robrain likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users