Jump to content

Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

dynasty: johnson or cruzwhir


  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 kobe24

kobe24

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,633 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:35 PM

andre johnson or victor cruz in a dynasty?

#2 parrothead

parrothead

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,509 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chula vista, CA
  • Interests:Following jimmy Buffett all summer hitting baseball stadiums along the way.

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:47 PM

For me its Johnson.
Seems everybody's jogging or heavy into health s?&t, don't tell me that I otta get rolfed, cause I love Cajun martinis and playing afternoon golf-JB from we are the people are parents warned us about

#3 JOBOOZ0S0

JOBOOZ0S0

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Northwest Jersey
  • Interests:FantasyLeagueGM.com is the ultimate free resource for Player News & Fantasy Articles/Advice.

    Follow the fantasy action and/or my lists at https://twitter.com/JOBOOZOSO

    NFL Fantasy (+300)
    NFL Media (+475)
    NFL Defensive Players (+375)
    NFL Offensive Players (+400)

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:19 PM

victor cruz
FantasyLeagueGM.com is the ultimate Free Fantasy Football and Baseball Aggregator for Player News, Articles, Strategies, Advice, Sleepers, Rankings, Prospects, and Twitter

#4 chiefdog10

chiefdog10

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:00 AM

For me its Cruz also. They have roughly the same production at this point with similar upsides. Cruz is just younger.

#5 Ribobizert

Ribobizert

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:17 AM

whats your roster look like? If it's a dynasty league why are you having to pick between Dre and Cruz, can't you keep both?

If you have the talent level to compete for a championship now keep Dre.  If your team is realistically not competing for a championship/rebuilding go with Cruz.

Dre is the better WR right now, but since Cruz is so much younger he would be the better long term option.

#6 gingyman

gingyman

    Allstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:50 AM

Cruz overall. Like his qb better.
10 Team H2H 5X5 (R, RBI, HR, steals and OBP for batting and k, s, whip, era and w)

c mccann
1b Goldie
2b Kipnis
3b Donaldson
SS Hardy
OF Carlos Gomez
OF Pence
OF Moss
DH Ortiz

Bench
Crisp, Calhoun, Soriano

Pitchers Sale, Anibal, Bailey, Liriano, Gray, Burnett
RP Perkins Lidstrom and Balfour

#7 smeeze

smeeze

    Allstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Rock

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:29 PM

Are you in a position to win now?  I think AJ has a few more elite seasons in him.  Hopkins across should help to free him up a bit more than previous seasons.
10 Team / H2H / 5x5

C Carlos Santana
1B Adrian Gonzalez
2B Brandon Phillips
3B Edwin Encarnacion
SS Starlin Castro
OF Ryan Braun, Jason Heyward, Melky Cabrera
UTIL Mike Napoli, Dee Gordon
BN Desmond Jennings, Adam Eaton, Billy Butler

SP Stephen Strasburg, Felix Hernandez, Andrew Cashner, Jordan Zimmermann
P Matt Garza, Dan Straily, Drew Smyly, Tanner Roark
P Corey Kluber, Jenrry Mejia, Kyle Gibson, Trevor Bauer (NA)
RP ...
DL Chris Sale, Doug Fister, James Paxton
NA Archie Bradley

#8 SenatorSpaceman

SenatorSpaceman

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,996 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NYC

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:36 PM

In a dynasty, I'd go with Cruz. In re-draft, this would be very close. For dynasty though, Cruz being over five years younger makes this an easy call for me.

#9 kobe24

kobe24

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,633 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:54 PM

yeah it was actually a trade offer i got for cruz. i just took over the team and its probably one of the weaker teams so im gonna stay put. thanks for all the replies

Edited by kobe24, 01 May 2013 - 10:55 PM.


#10 kobe24

kobe24

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,633 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:48 PM

how do you rank dez among these 2 WRs?

#11 SenatorSpaceman

SenatorSpaceman

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,996 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NYC

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:20 PM

View Postkobe24, on 06 May 2013 - 09:48 PM, said:

how do you rank dez among these 2 WRs?

Dez is elite. He's at least a tier or two above these guys. Most outlets currently have him ranked #3 among WRs and I agree with that ranking. The only WRs I'd rather have than Dez are Calvin Johnson and AJ Green.

#12 kobe24

kobe24

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,633 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:52 PM

View PostSenatorSpaceman, on 07 May 2013 - 04:20 PM, said:

View Postkobe24, on 06 May 2013 - 09:48 PM, said:

how do you rank dez among these 2 WRs?

Dez is elite. He's at least a tier or two above these guys. Most outlets currently have him ranked #3 among WRs and I agree with that ranking. The only WRs I'd rather have than Dez are Calvin Johnson and AJ Green.

Thanks.  The andre Johnson owner also gas dez so I'll try Cruz for dez

#13 SenatorSpaceman

SenatorSpaceman

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,996 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NYC

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:53 PM

View Postkobe24, on 07 May 2013 - 05:52 PM, said:

View PostSenatorSpaceman, on 07 May 2013 - 04:20 PM, said:

View Postkobe24, on 06 May 2013 - 09:48 PM, said:

how do you rank dez among these 2 WRs?

Dez is elite. He's at least a tier or two above these guys. Most outlets currently have him ranked #3 among WRs and I agree with that ranking. The only WRs I'd rather have than Dez are Calvin Johnson and AJ Green.

Thanks.  The andre Johnson owner also gas dez so I'll try Cruz for dez

If he accepts that offer, see if he wants to join my league.

#14 kobe24

kobe24

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,633 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:44 PM

View PostSenatorSpaceman, on 07 May 2013 - 05:53 PM, said:

View Postkobe24, on 07 May 2013 - 05:52 PM, said:

View PostSenatorSpaceman, on 07 May 2013 - 04:20 PM, said:

View Postkobe24, on 06 May 2013 - 09:48 PM, said:

how do you rank dez among these 2 WRs?

Dez is elite. He's at least a tier or two above these guys. Most outlets currently have him ranked #3 among WRs and I agree with that ranking. The only WRs I'd rather have than Dez are Calvin Johnson and AJ Green.

Thanks.  The andre Johnson owner also gas dez so I'll try Cruz for dez

If he accepts that offer, see if he wants to join my league.

i was hoping he would cus he is a giants fan lol

#15 Bandito

Bandito

    All-Time Great

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,241 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Iowa

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:46 PM

Dez > Cruz > Johnson for long-term.  But I can't believe Cruz will get you Dez regardless of who he likes.


Return the favor?
http://forums.rotowo...howtopic=347860
10 team Roto 7X7
OBP, R, HR, RBI, SB, PA, XBH
W, Sv, K, ERA, IP, QS, GIDP

C- Rosario, 1B- Goldschmidt, 2B- Kipnis, SS- Gordon (2B/SS), 3B- Encarnacion (1B/3B)
CI- Ortiz, MI- Rendón (2B/3B) OF- Bautista, Werth, Soriano, U- Morneau
bench- Crisp, ECabrera, Hosmer

SP- ASanchez, Gio Gonzalez, Shields, Cingrani, AWood
RP- Holland, Cishek, KRod, Soria, Santos

DL- Chapman, Profar (2B/SS/3B)




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users