Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

- - - - -

Zach Britton 2013 Outlook

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 burty1

burty1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:03 PM

Zach Britton getting the start tomorrow at Seattle.  

Is he worth taking a chance on?  Is he getting a second start this week?  I can't seem to find anything definitive on a 2nd start...

Thoughts?

Edited by The Harsh, 29 April 2013 - 06:04 AM.
Removed Bench Coach (team-specific) content.

#2 NoClownQuestionsBro

NoClownQuestionsBro

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:03 PM

Who does he get on the wrap around for his 2 start week?

#3 baltimore_boy

baltimore_boy

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,695 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:16 PM

He amazingly does have a spot in the rotation. If he doesn't get demolished tomorrow, he'll get a second start @LAA. I still have little faith in him. I think he's proved pretty convincingly that he is a mediocre pitcher. Even this year in the minors, he still has more walks than K's. He's not someone I'm rolling out there.
Bring back Ray!

#4 NoClownQuestionsBro

NoClownQuestionsBro

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:20 PM

No shot I run him out for 2 starts @LAA. Not in consideration for a stream here. That first start is tempting but he can destroy your ratios on the wrap.

Daily leagues he's a solid pickup.

#5 overkill94

overkill94

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:39 AM

View Postbaltimore_boy, on 28 April 2013 - 09:16 PM, said:

He amazingly does have a spot in the rotation. If he doesn't get demolished tomorrow, he'll get a second start @LAA. I still have little faith in him. I think he's proved pretty convincingly that he is a mediocre pitcher. Even this year in the minors, he still has more walks than K's. He's not someone I'm rolling out there.

Yikes, Rotoworld didn't mention the hideous BB:K ratio when they recommended picking him up in AL-Only leagues.  I'm throwing him out there tomorrow, but unless he totally dominates I think it'll be a one and done.

Looking at the draft guide they have him being quite valuable in the next couple years - do they know something I don't?

#6 9703

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,568 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:43 AM

View Postoverkill94, on 29 April 2013 - 12:39 AM, said:

Yikes, Rotoworld didn't mention the hideous BB:K ratio when they recommended picking him up in AL-Only leagues.  I'm throwing him out there tomorrow, but unless he totally dominates I think it'll be a one and done.

Looking at the draft guide they have him being quite valuable in the next couple years - do they know something I don't?

Stuff passes the eye test when he's on.

#7 baltimore_boy

baltimore_boy

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,695 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:16 AM

View Post9703, on 29 April 2013 - 12:43 AM, said:

View Postoverkill94, on 29 April 2013 - 12:39 AM, said:

Stuff passes the eye test when he's on.

The issue is that he usually isn't on.

Britton is the same as Arrieta to me. I've seen enough of him over the past few years to know I don't want him on my teams. I don't blame people for throwing him out there against Seattle, but he shouldn't be played after that.
Bring back Ray!

#8 nickalero99

nickalero99

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,882 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:26 PM

I threw him out there for a stream and of course he gives up a HR to lead off the game.  Question for those who have the Pitch FX data that shows the dots in the strike zone:  CBS had about all of his balls in the 1st inning in the strike zone.  Can anyone get something that shows me if the ump is crazy or the CBS guy tonight?

#9 cornerback

cornerback

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:37 PM

first two innings a lot of ball ones. strike zone looks fair so far.

on the positive...lots of ground ball and outs. montero hit a weak fly ball and the homer. that was a bad pitch in a hitters count.

#10 baltimore_boy

baltimore_boy

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,695 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:36 PM

He won't even get a shot for the second start this week after getting optioned. I think Britton can safely be called a bust at this point unless he discovers something. Even his AAA numbers this year were all smoke and mirrors.
Bring back Ray!