Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
- - - - -

Yuniesky Betancourt 2013 Outlook

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
61 replies to this topic

#1 baltimore_boy

baltimore_boy

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,695 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:01 PM

I think it's time Yuni Betancourt started getting some respect. He launched another homer tonight to give him 5 homers and 19 rbi's for the year! How is it possible that YUNIESKY BETANCOURT is off to such a great start!?
Bring back Ray!

#2 Wombat

Wombat

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,065 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:04 PM

I just came to make this thread. So hilarious getting fantasy stats from this guy, he's among the worst real life players in the entire league. His last full season he played 152 games and walked 16 times. He is an out making MACHINE.

Nothing more satisfying than riding the hot streak of some ultra turd like Yuni.

#3 Wombat

Wombat

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,065 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:28 PM

Just tacked on another RBI on a dink single, the guy gets more hideous base hits than anyone in the league. Way out in front, off balance, off the end of the bat and dinks it over the infield. He never walks and never strikes out so with the endless contact he just falls into enough hits to accumulate a respectable number of RBI's to cover up the stench of how bad he actually is.

#4 yanksman

yanksman

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,960 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:30 PM

Lol and i was worried when aaron hill was hurt. This guy has been a god send since then

#5 kwelch

kwelch

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:47 PM

When Aram is back, I guess he can stick at 1B. But what happens when Corey Hart comes back?

11 Team; Points Keeper League; 10th Pick
C: E. Gattis
1B: P. Fielder (K)
2B: M. Carpenter (K)
3B: M. Cabrera (TRD)
SS: H. Ramirez (K)
MI: A. Cabrera
CI: E. Encarnacion (K)
OF: S. Choo, G. Stanton, K. Davis, J. Willingham, A. Ethier
UTL: V. Martinez, J. Donaldson (TRD)
P: H. Bailey, D. Fister, H. Ryu, A. Reed, A. Cashner, C. Janssen, D. Salazar, A.J. Burnett, J. Axford
BEN: K. Wong, G. Sizemore, J. Villar

Forum: A place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

#6 Max Rockatansky

Max Rockatansky

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,634 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:49 PM

When Aram is back, I guess he can stick at 1B. But what happens when Corey Hart comes back?

He goes back to the bench
Not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7......

#7 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:49 PM

"Ma, can Yuniesky stay over for dinner?"

- some kid, somewhere, like 20 years ago.

#8 billydough

billydough

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:03 PM

Just tacked on another RBI on a dink single, the guy gets more hideous base hits than anyone in the league. Way out in front, off balance, off the end of the bat and dinks it over the infield. He never walks and never strikes out so with the endless contact he just falls into enough hits to accumulate a respectable number of RBI's to cover up the stench of how bad he actually is.

Spoken like a man playing in a h2h league against the Yuni-bomber.
"Democracy is the pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - HL Mencken

#9 umphrey

umphrey

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:05 PM

Top 5-8 2B

#10 Wombat

Wombat

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,065 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:11 PM

0/2. I play roto and I own him. See post directly above the one you quoted.

He's just the poster boy for why average/homers/rbi's can't be the only stats you look at so I have had arguments about him in the past with people.

#11 monkeyzonSteroids

monkeyzonSteroids

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,778 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:16 PM

he goes back to Yuniesky Betancourt

#12 billydough

billydough

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:02 PM

He's just the poster boy for why average/homers/rbi's can't be the only stats you look at so I have had arguments about him in the past with people.

If you know how bad he is why are you rostering him? Unless its an NL only I don't see why in your case you would.

I'm not defending the guy. I know he's a terrible fantasy player. I picked him up for the week since Hill and Walker are both out. I'm just enjoying the ride for the week.

Just saying there's no reason to hate on him, unless you are matched up against him and he's doing this. I liken it to fantasy football when you are playing against Desean Jackson and he drops 25 on you. We all know he sucks, it does no good to pile on.

Besides, how sweet is Yuni-bomber? Wish he were relevant just so I had more opportunity to call him Yuni-bomber.

Edited by billydough, 29 April 2013 - 11:06 PM.

"Democracy is the pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - HL Mencken

#13 Poppa Chubby 81

Poppa Chubby 81

Double-A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:49 AM

If you know how bad he is why are you rostering him? Unless its an NL only I don't see why in your case you would.

I'm not defending the guy. I know he's a terrible fantasy player. I picked him up for the week since Hill and Walker are both out. I'm just enjoying the ride for the week.

Just saying there's no reason to hate on him, unless you are matched up against him and he's doing this. I liken it to fantasy football when you are playing against Desean Jackson and he drops 25 on you. We all know he sucks, it does no good to pile on.

Besides, how sweet is Yuni-bomber? Wish he were relevant just so I had more opportunity to call him Yuni-bomber.

Why should we Google Ron Paul?

#14 dzemens

dzemens

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,890 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:55 AM

Why should we Google Ron Paul?

As the response to this is likely to devolve into politics, I would suggest we let the question die here.
"To be the man, you gotta beat the man!"

#15 406W30th

406W30th

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:24 AM

I finally picked him up on Sunday, partially because of his flexible position eligibility and partly because, as a Brewers fan, I've watched him get absolutely red hot and had to do something. I figured he'd go back to being the Yunicorn, then he hits another bomb last night with another RBI.

Yuni B! Ride him while you can.

#16 lubs

lubs

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:46 AM

I searched for this thread last night and logged in to make it now. Funny that it's just a bunch of hating.

Last year was pretty dire for 2Bs in my league and I tried many different guys, including Yuniesky. He failed me pretty badly then. He's over-performing nicely now in the absense of Aaron Hill and with Scutaro stinking it up. He batted cleanup for a game, so there is some confidence in him. Maybe he's just seeing the ball well for a little while, but I plan on riding it out.
10 Team non-PPR, Keep 5, $125 FAAB
QB: Russell Wilson
RB: Marshawn Lynch, DeMarco Murray (K)
WR: Julio Jones (K), Michael Floyd, Cordarelle Patterson
TE: Jordan Cameron
Flex: Lamar Miller, Niles Paul, Allen Robinson
DL: JJ Watt (K), Robert Quinn
LB: Paul Posluszny (K), Jerod Mayo
DB: Charles Woodson, Roman Harper, DJ Swearinger, Tashaun Gipson
K: Steven Hauschka
HC: Seattle Seahawks
Bench: Greg Jennings, Reuben Randle, Jason Witten (K), Hakeem Nicks, Latavius Murray, Lorenzo Taliaferro, Stedman Bailey
IR: Mark Ingram, Bernard Pierce

#17 Wombat

Wombat

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,065 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:47 AM

Come on man, read the thread... I already addressed it.

My tone is sarcastic, I am hating on him but laughing at it at the same time. Like I said before, there's nothing more satisfying than earning fantasy stats from horrific players like Yuni. It makes everyone else in your league pissed, its great. I always make a point of posting on my league board as if the guy is actually good just to troll people.

#18 Lockout King

Lockout King

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:53 PM

Da Bomb!!...

#19 W74

W74

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,195 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:54 PM

It's so dirty getting these stats from him :ph34r: (especially at MI)

12 TEAM PPR AUCTION KEEPER (1-2, 10TH)

QB COLIN KAEPERNICK

WR ANTONIO BROWN, WR VICTOR CRUZ, WR REGGIE WAYNE

RB EDDIE LACY, RB BERNARD PIERCE

TE ZACH ERTZ

K DAN CARPENTER, DEF SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

BN TOM BRADY, DAVANTE ADAMS, SHONN GREENE, BISHOP SANKEY, JAMES STARKS

IR RYAN MATHEWS

#20 BETTAFISH

BETTAFISH

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,258 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:55 PM

This squid keeps hitting heh. He also has a pretty sweet eligibility set. I don't need the guy and don't trust him as far as I can throw him but to those with infield woes why not ride the wave.
14 Team H2H

QB- Andrew Luck
WR-Julio Jones
WR-Reggie Wayne
RB- Eddie Lacy
RB- Alfred Morris
TE- Vernon Davis
FLEX- Rashad Jennings
K- Shayne Graham
DEF- Buffalo
BN QB- Ben Roethlisberger
BN WR- Wes Welker/Brandin Cooks