Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
- - - - -

Daniel Hudson 2013 Outlook

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
46 replies to this topic

#1 duke of queens

duke of queens

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:17 PM

Is it time to stash him.? He can be unhittable at times.

#2 FouLLine

FouLLine

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,892 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:21 PM

Is it time to stash him.? He can be unhittable at times.

If Daniel Hudson can return to form he could be a great DL stash. I just am not sure where his K's will be coming back. But worth a look for sure.

#3 duke of queens

duke of queens

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:57 PM

Only 2 years removed from a 16 win season and sub 4.00 ERA. If he can keep the WHIP down and get some run support I think he can be worth a 4th or 5th spot on a staff.

#4 jr11890

jr11890

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:58 PM

Love this stash
16 Team H2H Non Points League Non Keeper
Positions:C 1B 2B 3B SS OF OF OF SP SP SP SP SP BN BN BN BN BN DL DL DL DL
Categories:R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB BB K'S AVG OBP IP W L CG SHO HR K'S ERA WHIP QS
C-Molina 1B-Freeman 2B-Carpenter 3B-Beltre SS-Boaegerts OF-Puig,Craig,Calhoun
SP-Kershaw,Cueto,Ventura,Burnett,Arietta,Odorizzi,Smyly
BN-Peralta,Crisp
DL-Holland,Victorino,Crawford,N.Walker

#5 FISH ON

FISH ON

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:10 PM

His value moving forward is going to be league settings dependent. We won't know how he'll respond until we see him, but in redrafts he might be a wait and see, keeper/dynasty leagues, he should be stashed already, if not, now is the time.

26 yrs old, with a lifetime 3.68ers in 381ip with a 1.21whip and a 7.18K/9.
“There is nothing better than getting shot at and missed. It’s really great.” Gen "Mad Dog" Mattis

“The most important six inches on the battlefield is between your ears.” Gen "Mad Dog Mattis

“There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim.” Gen "Mad Dog" Mattis

"You must first realize the prison of your mind.......before you can escape it". author unknown

My comments and assessments are meant for long term keeper and dynasty leagues, not for redrafts

#6 LyondellBasell

LyondellBasell

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,659 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:26 PM

love Hudson... i've had him stashed in 2 leagues since opening day.

14 Team PPR. One Keeper. All TDs worth six.

QB/ Wilson

RB/ Sproles

WR/ Edelman

FX/ Wright

FX/ Bradshaw

FX/ P Thomas

TE/ Kelce

DST/ Bengals

K/ Parkey

Bn/ Hill, Blue, M Austin, Charles, D Adams

Championships: 4 Baseball, 1 Football, 1 Basketball

#7 bravesfan4life

bravesfan4life

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,045 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:38 PM

I do like Hudson but thats a long time to wait if the early July estitmate still holds true. For a DL spot thats fine but for a bench spot you may miss out on some guys that can contribute the next two months.

#8 GJDHouse

GJDHouse

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:11 AM

Just picked him up. Hoping he can be back by the end of June. I figure if he is already throwing 50 pitches in a simulated game that he isn't all that far off from a rehab assignment. It will be interesting to see who the DBacks take out of the rotation. Corbin and Miley aren't going anywhere...

#9 klove42

klove42

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:33 AM

I just don't know where they put him when he comes back. Kennedy, Miley, Corbin, Cahill have to be safe. Maybe McCarthy if he continues to struggle? but they did just sign him and he has looked better of late.
No Days Off

#10 duke of queens

duke of queens

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:12 AM

I think he will be the fill in starter at first and work from the pen, but once McCarthy starts getting knocked around again they will switch places. Or if Hudson thrives in the bullpen role maybe try him out in the closer role(he has the stuff). I don't see Bell holding on too long.

#11 natti

natti

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:05 AM

I just don't know where they put him when he comes back. Kennedy, Miley, Corbin, Cahill have to be safe. Maybe McCarthy if he continues to struggle? but they did just sign him and he has looked better of late.

mccarthy will get hurt... always does

#12 placeholder

placeholder

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:07 AM

6 man rotation?
C - Russell Martin
1B - Albert Pujols
2B - ...........
3B - Ryan Zimmerman
SS - Jimmy Rollins
CI - Paul Goldschmidt
MI - Alexei Ramirez
OF - Justin Upton
OF - Shin Choo
OF - Hunter Pence
OF - Desmond Jennings
OF - Will Venable
UTL - Leonys Martin
DL - Corey Hart

#13 The Milkman

The Milkman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:56 AM

id want lewis or beachy before him

#14 klove42

klove42

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:58 AM

Absolutely. They have guarenteed spots. My question is him or Pineda? That is a toss up and they should be back around the same time.
No Days Off

#15 duke of queens

duke of queens

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:04 PM

Absolutely. They have guarenteed spots. My question is him or Pineda? That is a toss up and they should be back around the same time.

My order of DL stashes would be:
Beachy-has the stuff and offense to back him up and a guaranteed spot. Also in the NL east.
Pineda-probably the highest ceiling of the four but being in the AL east puts him below Beachy
Hudson- not guaranteed a spot, but can easily get in the rotation by being old Hudson
Lewis-worried about health and pitching in that park could be a nightmare

#16 GJDHouse

GJDHouse

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:15 PM

I had the choice of Lewis (Beachy and Pineda already stashed). Could have looked at Luebke but he keeps having major setbacks. I just don't think that Lewis is very good. He is ok as a back of the rotation fill in, but Hudson could easily be a SP4/SP5 right away. That is very valuable in most leagues. Hudson was a top 30-40 pitcher going into last season before his injury problems. His fastball has life, and he is throwing simulated games. If i am looking for a safe bet I would go Hudson and Beachy first then Pineda because of the upside, and I don't really care between Luebke and Lewis because I dont think either of them hold much redraft value this year. Lewis just because his talent level isn't that high, and Luebke because I think you are waiting at least 6 weeks if not longer for his return.

#17 klove42

klove42

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:45 PM

I had the choice of Lewis (Beachy and Pineda already stashed). Could have looked at Luebke but he keeps having major setbacks. I just don't think that Lewis is very good. He is ok as a back of the rotation fill in, but Hudson could easily be a SP4/SP5 right away. That is very valuable in most leagues. Hudson was a top 30-40 pitcher going into last season before his injury problems. His fastball has life, and he is throwing simulated games. If i am looking for a safe bet I would go Hudson and Beachy first then Pineda because of the upside, and I don't really care between Luebke and Lewis because I dont think either of them hold much redraft value this year. Lewis just because his talent level isn't that high, and Luebke because I think you are waiting at least 6 weeks if not longer for his return.

Good points. I would stash him over Luebke as well. I just have the feeling they rest him the whole year.
No Days Off

#18 bravesfan4life

bravesfan4life

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,045 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:11 PM

Theres some doubt with all these DL stashes. Even Beachy is going to come back to a potentially crowded rotation. Medlen came back later in the season when he was coming off tommy john but they stuck him in the pen to finish. Not saying its going to happen but are any of these guys really locks to have a rotation spot and produce? I always like these tommy john guys the following season, much more of a track record for success.

#19 duke of queens

duke of queens

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:16 PM

Theres some doubt with all these DL stashes. Even Beachy is going to come back to a potentially crowded rotation. Medlen came back later in the season when he was coming off tommy john but they stuck him in the pen to finish. Not saying its going to happen but are any of these guys really locks to have a rotation spot and produce? I always like these tommy john guys the following season, much more of a track record for success.

He should take Hudson's spot but we all know that won't happen. You are right nothing is set in stone, but you would have to think he will take Teheran's spot even though he has improved of late.

#20 jr11890

jr11890

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:06 PM

Hes on the fast track but no spot in the rotation
16 Team H2H Non Points League Non Keeper
Positions:C 1B 2B 3B SS OF OF OF SP SP SP SP SP BN BN BN BN BN DL DL DL DL
Categories:R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB BB K'S AVG OBP IP W L CG SHO HR K'S ERA WHIP QS
C-Molina 1B-Freeman 2B-Carpenter 3B-Beltre SS-Boaegerts OF-Puig,Craig,Calhoun