Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
- - - - -

Sam Bradford 2013 Season Outlook

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
156 replies to this topic

#1 predator_05

predator_05

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,243 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:14 PM

This guy had a brutal introduction to the NFL, and until last year, spent his time getting mauled on a team that showed very little stability. Too many offensive coordinators and no real quality at WR (Clayton/Amendola couldn't last the season) made a tough job even tougher.

With Fisher's arrival, things seem to have changed for the better, as the Rams showed a ton of improvement on both sides of the ball last season. After a hugely impressive draft, this team looks better than it has in many, many years and Sammy must have felt that Christmas came early. A talented slot guy in Tavon Austin, a speedy wideout in Givens, a great end zone target in Stedman Bailey, and a physical freak of a tight end in Jared Cook are some of the toys he received from the front office. With 4 time pro bowl offensive tackle Jake Long protecting his blindside, he might enjoy a little more time in the pocket to locate these guys.

For fantasy purposes, its hard to imagine a scenario in which he DOESN'T surpass the 3,702 yards he threw for last year. St. Louis tend to play a lot of close games and after Steven Jackson's departure, the run game led by rookies and 2nd year guys will probably take a backseat to the passing game. The offense is now completely built around Bradford's arm.

Can you give me a reason for why this guy won't finish in the top 10?
"I've eaten burritos bigger than you."

- JJ Watt to Ray Rice (10/23/2012)

#2 Vupacalypse

Vupacalypse

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:23 PM

While I doubt Bradford will ever ascend to the top of the QB echelon, he has all the makings of the new Tony Romo. Underrated, productive, and consistent year in year out is how I view Bradford from now on. I'm buying.

#3 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:08 PM

Top-10 in what category? Passing yards? I could see that being a possibility, but that doesn't usually translate to guaranteed Top-10 status for fantasy QB's. Scoring settings are skewed so much in favor of running QB's that it would be very difficult for Bradford to end up in the Top-10 for all fantasy QB's.

I could see him easily reaching the same ranks in fantasy scoring as Ben Roethlisberger, Eli Manning, Joe Flacco, and whatnot, but in a 12-team league, I don't even think most people believe those guys are a lock for the Top-12. Which makes that entire tier of QB's essentially fantasy backups.

2014 Rotoworld Mock Draft Real League - 14-Team 0.5 PPR + ALL TDs = 6PTs:

_____STARTING LINEUP_______________.............._____BENCH_______________________
QB : Matthew Stafford.......(03.13)............. RB - Adrian Peterson......(01.03)
WR1: Malcom Floyd...........(14.14)............. RB - Matt Asiata..........(UD.FA)
WR2: Eddie Royal............(UD.FA)............. RB - Juwan Thompson.......(16.12)
RB1: Arian Foster...........(01.11)............. RB - Damien Williams......(16.10)
RB2: Eddie Lacy.............(01.05)............. RB - LaMichael James......(UD.FA)
FLEX1: RB Branden Oliver....(UD.FA)............. TE - Austin Sef-Jenkins...(UD.FA)
FLEX2: RB Steven Jackson....(04.02)............. WR - Donte Moncrief.......(UD.FA)
TE : Travis Kelce...........(15.12)............. WR/IR Marquess Wilson.....(UD.FA)

#4 SenatorSpaceman

SenatorSpaceman

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,930 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:07 PM

Homeboy better be praying that Jake Long stays healthy.

With Austin, Givens, Cook, and Quick, he has a lot of interesting targets to work with. Regardless of how interesting those guys are, though, it'll be difficult to get them the ball if his facemask is planted in the turf a half dozen times a game.

#5 predator_05

predator_05

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,243 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:13 PM

Austin is a YAC guy, Cook can be one too. He can just find them and have them do the dirty work. The passing offense is a lot more simplified when you have WRs like that on your team.

Top-10 in what category? Passing yards? I could see that being a possibility, but that doesn't usually translate to guaranteed Top-10 status for fantasy QB's. Scoring settings are skewed so much in favor of running QB's that it would be very difficult for Bradford to end up in the Top-10 for all fantasy QB's.

I could see him easily reaching the same ranks in fantasy scoring as Ben Roethlisberger, Eli Manning, Joe Flacco, and whatnot, but in a 12-team league, I don't even think most people believe those guys are a lock for the Top-12. Which makes that entire tier of QB's essentially fantasy backups.

Bringing up the rear on the top 10 (points). Might just miss out, but he will be close. I am comfortable with predicting well over 4000+ yards. I would put him alongside Andrew Luck.
"I've eaten burritos bigger than you."

- JJ Watt to Ray Rice (10/23/2012)

#6 petekrum

petekrum

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:12 AM

This guy had a brutal introduction to the NFL, and until last year, spent his time getting mauled on a team that showed very little stability. Too many offensive coordinators and no real quality at WR (Clayton/Amendola couldn't last the season) made a tough job even tougher.

With Fisher's arrival, things seem to have changed for the better, as the Rams showed a ton of improvement on both sides of the ball last season. After a hugely impressive draft, this team looks better than it has in many, many years and Sammy must have felt that Christmas came early. A talented slot guy in Tavon Austin, a speedy wideout in Givens, a great end zone target in Stedman Bailey, and a physical freak of a tight end in Jared Cook are some of the toys he received from the front office. With 4 time pro bowl offensive tackle Jake Long protecting his blindside, he might enjoy a little more time in the pocket to locate these guys.

For fantasy purposes, its hard to imagine a scenario in which he DOESN'T surpass the 3,702 yards he threw for last year. St. Louis tend to play a lot of close games and after Steven Jackson's departure, the run game led by rookies and 2nd year guys will probably take a backseat to the passing game. The offense is now completely built around Bradford's arm.

Can you give me a reason for why this guy won't finish in the top 10?

There are ten QBs who are better than him would be my reason.
The boar runs from the tiger.
It is not cowardice. It is love of life.

#7 Ribobizert

Ribobizert

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:38 AM

Solid analysis.

Does Bradford have the most talented set of WR options in his career? yes
Are any of these options proven WRs w/ succesful track records? no

Thus despite his improving offensive situation (WRs and O-line), you can't trust him to enter viable starting QB ranks. With 12 great fantasy QBs, you'd be crazzy to draft him with expectation of anything other than a backup QB.

Though if you play in a 2 QB league he becomes a sneaky "sleeper" pick.

#8 DocJ

DocJ

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,280 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:23 AM

If I wait on QB this season there's two guys I'll be targeting late as my QB2 that I feel have the potential to jump into QB1 territory, Locker and Bradford. I really think one of those two can pull that off this season. Tannehill is another one to keep an eye on as well. So if I find myself drafting Eli in the 8th I will be looking for someone like Bradford maybe 5 rounds later.

Edited by DocJ, 02 May 2013 - 09:26 AM.

2014 RW Mock Real League: 14-team, 0.5 PPR, All TDs 6 pts
***Follow along this season in the "Your League" forum on RW***

Record: 4-7

QB: Big Ben
RB1: Frank Gore (5.06)
RB2: Lamar Miller
WR1: Calvin Johnson (1.06)
WR2: Julio Jones (2.09)
W/R/T: Roddy White
W/R/T: Golden Tate (7.06)
TE: Heath Miller (10.09)
DEF: DET DST
K: Dan Carpenter

Bench: PHI DST, Keenan Allen (3.06), , Carlos Hyde, Harry Douglas (11.06), Kenny Stills, Andy Dalton, KaDeem Carey (14.09), Nick Foles (8.09)James White (12.09), Eli Manning (13.06), CLE DST (15.06), Danny Woodhead (6.09), Steven Hauschka, K, SEA (16.09)

#9 J.T. Marlin

J.T. Marlin

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:37 PM

I'm really starting to like Bradford. His surrounding offensive talent (WR - Austin, Givens, Quick, Pettis, TE - Cook, new LT - JLong) looks really good. Plus, who knows how good the running game is going to be with a rookie and 2 unproven 2nd year RB. He may be asked to throw a lot. Also, I believe he will be playing in the same offense for the 2nd year in a row for the first time in in NFL career.

He could be this year's afterthought QB who makes the leap into the top 10.

#10 PPolanco

PPolanco

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,989 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:26 AM

definitely watching him closely tonight
I back the realest and original Polanco :-)

#11 CuI2iousGeoI2ge

CuI2iousGeoI2ge

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:31 AM

im gonna be watching you like a hawk

#12 Alfonz289

Alfonz289

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:53 AM

My favorite breakout QB this year. Would not be shocked at all if he reaches QB1 territory or very close. Has more weapons at his disposal than ever before. If he's ever going to put it all together, it's going to begin this year.
2014 Fantasy Football 12 Team Dynasty League 0.5 PPR All TD's 6pts IDP (2DL, 2LB, 2DB)

QB's-Jay Cutler
RB's-Adrian Peterson, C.J. Spiller, Zac Stacy, Christine Michael, Jerrick McKinnon
WR's-Dez Bryant, Josh Gordon, Michael Floyd, Keenan Allen, Justin Hunter, Sammy Watkins, Jermaine Kearse
TE's-Julius Thomas, Eric Ebron
K's-Steven Hauschka
DL's-Ziggy Ansah, Chandler Jones
LB's-Bobby Wagner, Alec Ogletree
DB's-Kenny Vaccaro, Roman Harper

2 2015 first round picks.

#13 gam3ov3r

gam3ov3r

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:02 AM

My favorite breakout QB this year. Would not be shocked at all if he reaches QB1 territory or very close. Has more weapons at his disposal than ever before. If he's ever going to put it all together, it's going to begin this year.

I really hope he does well and i liked the guy in college and i had really high hopes when he was drafted. There is one big difference between the year he was drafted and now, the NFC West has gone from pushovers to Defensive juggernauts. Playing 6 times a year against really good defenses is not good for anyone's stats. Also he is not a mobile QB and relies on his WRs to get open which is a tough ask against the type of corners and he usually doesnt have much time due to the DLs he is up against. To counteract this, he needs the ability to move around the pocket and maybe run a few like Russell Wilson and Kaepernick do, which i havent seen him do. Apart from those 6 games or about 38% of the fantasy season he shd do good.
Baseball - 10 Team H2H - Yahoo - $100
C  - Jonathan Lucroy , 1B - Joey Votto,  2B - Brandon Phillips, 3B - Junior Lake. SS - Jean Segura, IF - Freddie Freeman OF - Austin Jackson, OF - Carlos Beltran, OF - Hunter Pence, OF - Allen Craig, Util - Chase Utley, BN - Leonys Martin
SP - Justin Verlander, Felix Hernandez, Jordan Zimmermann, Mat Latos, Lance Lynn, Jered Weaver,  Kyle Lohse, Brandon Beachy, Bud Norris RP - Joe Nathan,  Joaquin Benoit,  Edward Mujica DL - Yadier Molina, Bobby Parnell, Roy Halladay

Football
14 Team - Yahoo - PPR - H2H  - $100: QB-Russell Wilson,Josh Freeman, RB-Jamaal Charles, Ray Rice,Shane Vereen WR-Randall Cobb,Antonio Brown,Lance Moore, Michael Floyd, Vincent Brown, Rueben Randle TE-Vernon Davis, Heath Miller K-Dan Bailey DEF-Houston
10 Team - Yahoo - Standard - H2H - Free: QB- Tom Brady, WR-Calvin Johnson, Brandon Marshall,Demaryius Thomas,Mike Williams, Aaron Dobson RB-Frank Gore, Reggie Bush, Darren Mcfadden, Darren Sproles, Chris Ivory TE- Jordan Cameron, Zach Sudfield K-Steven Hauscka DEF-Baltimore
10 Team - Yahoo - PPR - Points League - $50: QB- Matthew Stafford, Eli Manning WR-Dez Bryant,Vincent Jackson, Marques Colston,Michael Floyd, Stevie Johnson, Josh Gordon RB- Doug Martin, Reggie Bush, Shane Vereen, Chris Ivory, Danny Woodhead TE-Jimmy Graham, Rob Gronkowski K-Steven Hauscka  DEF-New England

#14 Alfonz289

Alfonz289

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:12 AM

I really hope he does well and i liked the guy in college and i had really high hopes when he was drafted. There is one big difference between the year he was drafted and now, the NFC West has gone from pushovers to Defensive juggernauts. Playing 6 times a year against really good defenses is not good for anyone's stats. Also he is not a mobile QB and relies on his WRs to get open which is a tough ask against the type of corners and he usually doesnt have much time due to the DLs he is up against. To counteract this, he needs the ability to move around the pocket and maybe run a few like Russell Wilson and Kaepernick do, which i havent seen him do. Apart from those 6 games or about 38% of the fantasy season he shd do good.

The schedule is somewhat brutal but to put a positive spin on this, the Niners and Seahwaks and even maybe the Cardinals this year should be able to score some points. All of the games against these divisional rivals have a chance at shootout potential. There should be lots of time for comeback mode scores......or a 4 or 5 INT game but I'm trying to remain optimistic haha.
2014 Fantasy Football 12 Team Dynasty League 0.5 PPR All TD's 6pts IDP (2DL, 2LB, 2DB)

QB's-Jay Cutler
RB's-Adrian Peterson, C.J. Spiller, Zac Stacy, Christine Michael, Jerrick McKinnon
WR's-Dez Bryant, Josh Gordon, Michael Floyd, Keenan Allen, Justin Hunter, Sammy Watkins, Jermaine Kearse
K's-Steven Hauschka

#15 gam3ov3r

gam3ov3r

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:18 AM

The schedule is somewhat brutal but to put a positive spin on this, the Niners and Seahwaks and even maybe the Cardinals this year should be able to score some points. All of the games against these divisional rivals have a chance at shootout potential. There should be lots of time for comeback mode scores......or a 4 or 5 INT game but I'm trying to remain optimistic haha.

I think Carson Palmer is going to break the single season interception record this year. However, yes ur correct abt Seahawks vs Niners producing shootouts due to their mobile QBs and power running games, lets see if Tavon austin can get the Rams going. He has beast potential.
Baseball - 10 Team H2H - Yahoo - $100
C  - Jonathan Lucroy , 1B - Joey Votto,  2B - Brandon Phillips, 3B - Junior Lake. SS - Jean Segura, IF - Freddie Freeman OF - Austin Jackson, OF - Carlos Beltran, OF - Hunter Pence, OF - Allen Craig, Util - Chase Utley, BN - Leonys Martin
SP - Justin Verlander, Felix Hernandez, Jordan Zimmermann, Mat Latos, Lance Lynn, Jered Weaver,  Kyle Lohse, Brandon Beachy, Bud Norris RP - Joe Nathan,  Joaquin Benoit,  Edward Mujica DL - Yadier Molina, Bobby Parnell, Roy Halladay

Football
14 Team - Yahoo - PPR - H2H  - $100: QB-Russell Wilson,Josh Freeman, RB-Jamaal Charles, Ray Rice,Shane Vereen WR-Randall Cobb,Antonio Brown,Lance Moore, Michael Floyd, Vincent Brown, Rueben Randle TE-Vernon Davis, Heath Miller K-Dan Bailey DEF-Houston
10 Team - Yahoo - Standard - H2H - Free: QB- Tom Brady, WR-Calvin Johnson, Brandon Marshall,Demaryius Thomas,Mike Williams, Aaron Dobson RB-Frank Gore, Reggie Bush, Darren Mcfadden, Darren Sproles, Chris Ivory TE- Jordan Cameron, Zach Sudfield K-Steven Hauscka DEF-Baltimore
10 Team - Yahoo - PPR - Points League - $50: QB- Matthew Stafford, Eli Manning WR-Dez Bryant,Vincent Jackson, Marques Colston,Michael Floyd, Stevie Johnson, Josh Gordon RB- Doug Martin, Reggie Bush, Shane Vereen, Chris Ivory, Danny Woodhead TE-Jimmy Graham, Rob Gronkowski K-Steven Hauscka  DEF-New England

#16 CuI2iousGeoI2ge

CuI2iousGeoI2ge

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:24 AM

whos better bradford or ponder

#17 Alfonz289

Alfonz289

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:28 AM

I didn't look up stats to back this up but I feel Bradford is far more accurate than Ponder.

QB's-Jay Cutler
K's-Steven Hauschka

#18 PPolanco

PPolanco

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,989 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:28 AM

seriously? Bradford....

Glad I bumped this thread though. I'm not the only one excited for him
I back the realest and original Polanco :-)

#19 ForteDaysandForteNights

ForteDaysandForteNights

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:18 PM

Is it me or is Bradford looking stellar out there? He is hitting his receivers right in the hands all over the show.

He also looks a little more poised in the pocket compared to last year. Only a small sample size but he definitely seems more fluid in the pocket.

#20 davo32683

davo32683

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:43 PM

He actually had a pocket tonight. That didn't happen much last year