395 replies to this topic

#1 v0dka

v0dka

I ♥ football

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,434 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:52 AM

Marshawn Lynch finished 4th among fantasy RB's last season and I expect better from him this upcoming season. He started off slow, averaging rushing 91.5 and only gaining 2 TD's in the first 6 games of the season. The remainder of the season? 104.1 rushing yards per game and 10 total TD's. As Russell Wilson grows as a QB, the Seahawks will rely on their defense and running game, and there is no timeshare in this backfield.

Edited by v0dka, 01 May 2013 - 03:54 AM.

@MikeBaileyNFL

#2 Proteus

Proteus

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,812 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:48 AM

When watching towards the end of the year especially, I was struck by how well this coaching staff and offense understood who they were, what resources they had, and how to use them throughout four quarters of football. That's more than I can say for the offenses that feature the 3 rbs who are likely to go ahead of him. Not saying I'd take him over AP, Doug, or Foster but if I were to make a case I'd start there. No hesitation at 4, that's for sure.
QB: Ryan Leaf
RB: Lawrence Phillips
RB: Ki-Jana Carter
WR: Charles Rogers
WR: Desmond Howard
TE: David LaFleur
W/R: David Wilson
K: Ray Finkle(Einhorn)
D: Minnie

BN: Andre Ware/Jared Cook/Tony Mandarich/Curtis Enis/Travis Henry/Brian Bosworth/CJ Spiller/Trent Richardson

facebook.com/WhyYouBeasting

#3 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:54 AM

i would not be surprised if he's the top RB this year. i'd still take AP ... but mobile QB + Harvin could really open things up for mr. lynch.

top 3-5 pick at least.

#4 J.T. Marlin

J.T. Marlin

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:12 AM

Strongly considering ranking him as my #2 overall RB. His ceiling might not be as high as guys like DMartin, TRich, Spiller, Charles, McCoy, etc. but his floor of 1,200 rush yards and 10 TD seems like a lock considering how well he played down the stretch as RWilson greatly improved and the team went 7-1 over their 2nd half of the season. He also clearly has the upside of a career year along the lines of 1,800 total yards and 15+ TD. Be thrilled if you are picking in the 5-7 range and Lynch ends up falling to you.

#5 RespectMyAuthority

RespectMyAuthority

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:04 AM

He drops a little in my PPR formats, but he's surely right there for a Top 5 spot still.

Not sure I could take him over AP, D.Martin, Foster (or Calvin), but he's probably a safer bet than Charles, Spiller, Rice or McCoy; gonna be a tough ranking of those next 5 for me this year, all 4 of the non-Lynch guys get a monster boost in receptions, but all 4 should have a handful less TD's.

#6 SenatorSpaceman

SenatorSpaceman

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,928 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:02 PM

Definitely has a bit less value in PPR but he is an absolute stud in any format, plain and simple.

I've always been a believer in his talent but what I've seen from him over the past couple seasons has been remarkable.

Also, due to under-usage in Buffalo, Lynch doesn't have as much mileage as many owners think.

#7 Ribobizert

Ribobizert

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:05 AM

Lynch is #4 on my board. I've never been too high on him before, but he has a 2 season track record and lets be honest since their string of superbowl appearances Buffalo has given me no reason to believe they have any clue with that there doing. So i sort of disregard his days in buffalo.

i think Harvin will add to his value. Harvin isn't a big WR, so he's not an ideal red zone threat, but he sure as heck is going to help keep those chains moving towards the end zone. Better offense = more total plays = more yards and TD opportunities for Lynch. Seattle is run first and will in all likelihood continue to be. Only concerns i have for Lynch are small but still relevant: these reports of back spasms we keep seeing him & having all that RB depth (are they going to try to preserve his legs for inevitable playoff run?)

Edited by Ribobizert, 02 May 2013 - 10:06 AM.

#8 DocJ

DocJ

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,280 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:17 AM

I was a huge skeptic last season but he proved himself. I would put him at #4 as well this year in my rankings.

2014 RW Mock Real League: 14-team, 0.5 PPR, All TDs 6 pts
***Follow along this season in the "Your League" forum on RW***

Record: 4-7

QB: Big Ben
RB1: Frank Gore (5.06)
RB2: Lamar Miller
WR1: Calvin Johnson (1.06)
WR2: Julio Jones (2.09)
W/R/T: Roddy White
W/R/T: Golden Tate (7.06)
TE: Heath Miller (10.09)
DEF: DET DST
K: Dan Carpenter

Bench: PHI DST, Keenan Allen (3.06), , Carlos Hyde, Harry Douglas (11.06), Kenny Stills, Andy Dalton, KaDeem Carey (14.09), Nick Foles (8.09)James White (12.09), Eli Manning (13.06), CLE DST (15.06), Danny Woodhead (6.09), Steven Hauschka, K, SEA (16.09)

#9 jtaylor39

jtaylor39

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,415 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:20 AM

Does the addition of Percy hurt his production?
NABL 12 team ppr $$ League
2011 Champion
2012 3rd Place
2013 2nd Place

FFAH League
2009, 2010, 2011 Champion

I cash checks.

#10 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:29 AM

I think Percy is going to help.
No more putting 8/9 in the box every play.

#11 DocJ

DocJ

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,280 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:32 AM

Super mobile QB + quick versitile chess peice WR around the line = big holes for Lynch.

Bench: PHI DST, Keenan Allen (3.06), , Carlos Hyde, Harry Douglas (11.06), Kenny Stills, Andy Dalton, KaDeem Carey (14.09), Nick Foles (8.09)James White (12.09), Eli Manning (13.06), CLE DST (15.06), Danny Woodhead (6.09), Steven Hauschka, K, SEA (16.09)

#12 SenatorSpaceman

SenatorSpaceman

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,928 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:50 AM

I'm surprised that it took so long for many people to jump on the bandwagon. He was super-human down the stretch in 2011. His run vs. the Saints in those playoffs was one of the most beastly plays I've ever seen.

Also, I have no idea how Harvin's arrival would have an adverse effect on Lynch's value.

#13 bdams19

bdams19

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:08 PM

Handcuff with Turbin or the Rookie Christine Michael is the real question

#14 SenatorSpaceman

SenatorSpaceman

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,928 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:34 PM

I'd say Michael is the handcuff. If they were big at all on Turbin, why would they have used a mid-round pick on another young back? Preseason should be very telling.

#15 OTB

OTB

Single-A

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:18 PM

Preseason should be very telling.

^This. May is the time for discussion of talent. August is the time for discussion of depth charts.

Edited by OTB, 06 May 2013 - 12:18 PM.

Disclaimer: PPR is my universe. My opinions on players are biased towards it.

#16 bluedukie23

bluedukie23

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:44 AM

Marshawn Lynch's motion to suppress evidence hearing stemming from his 2012 DUI has been delayed until July 5.

The motion was originally expected to be heard yesterday and a jury trial was scheduled for June 21. Now the entire case has been pushed back and there's no trial date set, making it possible that this bleeds into training camp. It creates a hairy situation for fantasy owners, as Lynch could be facing a suspension from the league if he's found guilty. Robert Turbin and Christine Michael are taking the reps at OTAs this week as Lynch trains on his own.

Does this worry anybody? As one of my keeper Im a little nervous but dont know much about the legal aspect of things. Would this potentially be a 4 game suspension? Any ideas/thoughts/expertise?

#17 RespectMyAuthority

RespectMyAuthority

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:10 AM

Been so long, the liars/lawyers will figure out a way to get him off of legal action. He still may see a game or two suspension even if he gets off from the DUI charges though.

#18 DocJ

DocJ

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,280 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:36 AM

He's been suspended before right? So he might be looking at 4 games for sure.

#19 RespectMyAuthority

RespectMyAuthority

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:01 AM

He's been suspended before right? So he might be looking at 4 games for sure.

He fell in drafts last year because he was "for sure" getting suspended. It's a tough situation, but can't just assume he's for sure getting suspended.

#20 bluedukie23

bluedukie23

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:51 AM

So the question then....still worth an 8th rd keeper even if suspended 4 games? I would think yes...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users