Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
- - - - -

Jemile Weeks 2013 Outlook

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 Damn Yankee

Damn Yankee

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:44 AM

I'm trying to figure out why Jemile continues to be banished to AAA...does anybody have any insight on this?

I know they sent him down because he didn't get enough at bats during Spring Training with the injury (arm or shoulder I think)...so that makes sense. But Sizemore gets put on the 60-day DL, Weeks is playing pretty well in AAA hitting .305/.416/.362 averaging a run per game...but also almost a strikeout per game (22 in 25). His production at the triple A level has been solid, and a friend of mine who lives out in Sacramento area tells me that he only has 1 error so far, so his defense has been solid (This I can't verify though).

Eric Sogard is not the answer...Why not bring Weeks up? Does anybody understand what is going on here? I know his 2012 was a huge regression and he was a sophomore bust after a solid rookie season. I guess I just don't get it. I have Weeks stashed and am wondering if I'm chasing rainbows here...as my MI is a mess.

Thanks in advance for the insight...

Edited by Damn Yankee, 02 May 2013 - 11:45 AM.

"If it wasn't for luck, I'd win every hand" - Phil Helmuth

#2 TheGreatUnwashed

TheGreatUnwashed

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:47 AM

It's easy. He is a terrible defender and his hitting doesn't make up enough for it.

See this thread over at AN: http://www.athletics...ew-jemiles-away
"Sir, it's Mega Maid. She's gone from suck to blow!"

12 Team Daily H2H 9 Cat

G - Beverley, Beal, Walker, Blake, Ellis
F - T Jones, Marion, Deng, Pierce, W Chandler
C - Ibaka, Gasol, Anderson, Hawes

#3 Pusherman

Pusherman

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:48 AM

My guess is they would prefer he iron out his issues in AAA rather than go through another disaster like 2012. Sogard hasn't been great, but he has been serviceable and that's all its going to take for him to stay up.

#4 Damn Yankee

Damn Yankee

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:19 PM

It's easy. He is a terrible defender and his hitting doesn't make up enough for it.

See this thread over at AN: http://www.athletics...ew-jemiles-away

This article seems to be asking the same questions (in more depth obviously) that I am. It seems to ask the same question...why not bring Weeks up? His speed, switch hitting status, and potential at the plate seem to outweigh the offerings of Freiman, Sogard, and at the time...Parrino. There's no mention in this article about poor defense...just lack of versatility vs. Rosales, which I can buy.

I'm not very knowledgeable about the rule 5 player status mentioned about Freiman...but the author doesn't seem to think it's worth keeping him around over Weeks.

#5 NoClownQuestionsBro

NoClownQuestionsBro

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,383 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:25 PM

DY you must be in a deep deep AL Only league to get bent out of shape about Weeks. I know 2B is a wasteland but you can get better production than what Weeks can give off almost any wire.

#6 Damn Yankee

Damn Yankee

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:54 PM

DY you must be in a deep deep AL Only league to get bent out of shape about Weeks. I know 2B is a wasteland but you can get better production than what Weeks can give off almost any wire.

LOL...well, 2B is a sore spot for me for sure. Beckham and Ellis on DL. My best full time option is...you guessed it...Sogard. Part time options...Rayburn, Cedeno...you get the gist. I guess I'll just grab Punto.

However...it just got me thinking about Weeks...he's stashed on my roster sure, but why? He's stuck in Sacramento even though he's better than what the A's are putting out there, and should be playing MLB for someone IMO.

Moving on. Thanks.

#7 panthers528

panthers528

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:59 PM

If anyone deserves a call finally, its Grant Green.....not Jemile Weeks. They need to see what they have in him already as I remember him being one of their better prospects on their farm. Green is tearing it up and his #'s are way better than they were in 2012. It is time for "Double" G as there is fantasy gold to be found in Green.

#8 Damn Yankee

Damn Yankee

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:25 PM

If anyone deserves a call finally, its Grant Green.....not Jemile Weeks. They need to see what they have in him already as I remember him being one of their better prospects on their farm. Green is tearing it up and his #'s are way better than they were in 2012. It is time for "Double" G as there is fantasy gold to be found in Green.

Barton is playing well down there also...

I'm off my JWeeks rant...he's dropped.

#9 sunnyside

sunnyside

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:10 PM

I play AL-only so I follow stuff like this. Rosales seems to be the fave for AB's now and Sogard has cooled off. Rosales will cool off like Sogard, give it another 2 weeks - he already took an ohfer today (as did Sogard), but then Nakajima should be ready. Reports on Nakajima don't sound good, but you never know sometimes, especially with mid infielder types. If Nakajima works out, Weeks will have to wait until Lowrie hits the DL. If Nakajima does not work out, you might see Weeks at the beginning of June.